Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Hippohog wrote:
<quoted text> add "inappropriate metaphor" to the list of ludicrous misuse of words and phrases. Here's one for ya - malapropism. Uh, yeah, it has nothing to with "gays"....
Who cares what you've got to say, gray box troll. <-o
HipGnozizzz

Astoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares what you've got to say, gray box troll. <-o
Just those that take the time to reply, I guess.

(; sucks to be you, don't it ;)

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

Hippohog wrote:
<quoted text>Just those that take the time to reply, I guess.
(; sucks to be you, don't it ;)
Easy little fella. <-o
Lost In Transition

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text> add "inappropriate metaphor" to the list of ludicrous misuse of words and phrases. Here's one for ya - malapropism. Uh, yeah, it has nothing to with "gays"....
Malapropism.
Is that when you gotta see a doctor an erection that lasts less than 4 minutes?

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Malapropism.
Is that when you gotta see a doctor an erection that lasts less than 4 minutes?
No it's for when WeirdoWillie unzips his 'purple teddy bear suit' and Hippohog steps out of it.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Good job at wagging the dog, Willard, I don't think Fred Astaire could of done a better job of tap dancing around that subject than you and your purple teddy bear. I'd have to say, you the Somali pirate and Catcher make for quit a trio of Marxist progressives! Oh and BTW I'm not from Texas. <-o
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Good job at wagging the dog, Willard, I don't think Fred Astaire could of done a better job of tap dancing around that subject than you and your purple teddy bear. I'd have to say, you the Somali pirate and Catcher make for quit a trio of Marxist progressives! Oh and BTW I'm not from Texas. <-o
I thought I was pretty clear, skippy.

You lack the maturity to discuss gay marriage.

You also lack the intellect to discuss politics, because anyone with four functioning brain cells knows that the term "Marxist progressives" labels the user as clearly as a tattoo reading "I am a moron" on the forehead.

"Marxist progressives", "lowly Authoritarians". You say tomato ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Besides, didn't you get the memo? Today has been brought to you by the meaningless gibberish term "hack lib"', and I think the number is 42 (since that's the answer to to life the universe and everything).

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdoWillie wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>I thought I was pretty clear, skippy.
You lack the maturity to discuss gay marriage.
You also lack the intellect to discuss politics, because anyone with four functioning brain cells knows that the term "Marxist progressives" labels the user as clearly as a tattoo reading "I am a moron" on the forehead.
"Marxist progressives", "lowly Authoritarians". You say tomato ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Besides, didn't you get the memo? Today has been brought to you by the meaningless gibberish term "hack lib"', and I think the number is 42 (since that's the answer to to life the universe and everything).
You should stay away from 42, you're no 'deep thought'. You strike me as an old hippie, that was a not quit ready for prime time 'high school educator'. You probably had aspirations of being an elitist, highbrow liberal professor in some major University, but just couldn't make the 'grade'; so you were relegated to lecturing a student body, that could care less about your Marxist platitudes. <-o

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>You should stay away from 42, you're no 'deep thought'. You strike me as an old hippie, that was a not quit ready for prime time 'high school educator'. You probably had aspirations of being an elitist, highbrow liberal professor in some major University, but just couldn't make the 'grade'; so you were relegated to lecturing a student body, that could care less about your Marxist platitudes. <-o
Great imagination...but you're all wet.

You should just thank Willie for his service, and politely move on. You've come to a battle of wits completely unarmed.

Have a great night.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>You should stay away from 42, you're no 'deep thought'. You strike me as an old hippie, that was a not quit ready for prime time 'high school educator'. You probably had aspirations of being an elitist, highbrow liberal professor in some major University, but just couldn't make the 'grade'; so you were relegated to lecturing a student body, that could care less about your Marxist platitudes. <-o
Old hippie I'll plead guilty to with pride.

The rest of that ... well, that's just brilliant, and oh so very creative. You could go to work for the programming department of NBC with a razor sharp mind like that. You know, the guys who decided that a remake of Ironside would fly in 2013.

Tell you what, though ... why don't you provide me with an example of my "Marxist platitudes"? I mean, you're supposed to be a real poster and all that, so you should be able to do it with ease.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Great imagination...but you're all wet.
You should just thank Willie for his service, and politely move on. You've come to a battle of wits completely unarmed.
Have a great night.
If you want to thank ME for MY service, take a bundle of old but usable clothing (either gender) to the local VA or homeless vet center, or donate what you can afford to the USO or a similar service organization.

The words 'thanks for your service' very often sound like 'have a nice day'. I don't think you're one of them, but there are also people out there who say thank you for your service but will take it back as soon as you find out you disagree with them on politics.

And BTW ... there's still time to donate to the Toys for Tots campaign run by the Marine Corps Reserves. The Marine Corps is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the United States Navy, as I frequently like to point out to my son in law the new USMC Lieutenant Colonel.

;-)

Oh, dear. I just outted myself as a sailor, and with a creative mind like USA-1bob low brow ... gee, I wonder where he'll go with that? Such a mystery...

Since: Sep 10

Punta Arenas, Chile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Regardless of one's faith? Why should someone support something they believe is morally wrong? Besides I don't think the government should preside authority over civil unions, that should be between a couple and their church or between themselves. And I also believe that I have the right to object to an abnormal arrangement, like gay marriage and not be bullied by a very small demographic, which wields a disproportionate amount of influence over our culture.
Same argument made to prohibit interracial marriage, you realize.

The morally wrong thing.

Once again, the times, they are a changin'.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to thank ME for MY service, take a bundle of old but usable clothing (either gender) to the local VA or homeless vet center, or donate what you can afford to the USO or a similar service organization.
The words 'thanks for your service' very often sound like 'have a nice day'. I don't think you're one of them, but there are also people out there who say thank you for your service but will take it back as soon as you find out you disagree with them on politics.
And BTW ... there's still time to donate to the Toys for Tots campaign run by the Marine Corps Reserves. The Marine Corps is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the United States Navy, as I frequently like to point out to my son in law the new USMC Lieutenant Colonel.
;-)
Oh, dear. I just outted myself as a sailor, and with a creative mind like USA-1bob low brow ... gee, I wonder where he'll go with that? Such a mystery...
Perhaps if you didn't speak of it so often. IMO you aren't much different from a guy I once went to church with, put some money in the plate and then stood up and said look at me.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps if you didn't speak of it so often. IMO you aren't much different from a guy I once went to church with, put some money in the plate and then stood up and said look at me.
You do realize that the only reason I'm speaking of my being a vet here is because someone else brought it up, right?

If you want to charge me with taking advantage of SKL's post to promote donations to vets in need of something more substantial than a verbal thank you for your service, or to an organization that provides toys for kids who might not otherwise get any at Christmas, well, I'll plead guilty and serve my time with a smile on my face.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go listen to Bruce Springsteen singing Glory Days while telling myself that the song has nothing to do with any time I've ever brought up my time in the service.

;-)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to thank ME for MY service, take a bundle of old but usable clothing (either gender) to the local VA or homeless vet center, or donate what you can afford to the USO or a similar service organization.
;-)
Have already donated clothing to AmVets twice this winter, and thoroughly enjoyed the Toys for Tots run two weeks ago - we brought a stuffed Gorrilla, and a Louisville Slugger. Please thank your son-in-law for his service, as well.

And thanks again for yours.

:)

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Have already donated clothing to AmVets twice this winter, and thoroughly enjoyed the Toys for Tots run two weeks ago - we brought a stuffed Gorrilla, and a Louisville Slugger. Please thank your son-in-law for his service, as well.
And thanks again for yours.
:)
Son in law's on the naughty list right now ... the day we get 8 inches of snow, he gets orders to Hawaii. They're in DC now, and he was kind enough to offer to drop off his snow shovel and supply of deicer on their way to the west coast this summer.

That seemed a bit snarky for an overpaid model airplane pilot, you know? The guy can just drone on about his job...

;-)

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Judged:

antonyto: You, Sir, are in my corner EXACTLY. Bush was the epitome of stupid (actually the lowest IQ of any US President), and he wanted to have a war, and with Cheney's weapons manufacturing companies, they sure pulled it off didn't they? No wonder they called Cheney 'Bush's Brain'. It has taken Pres. Obama a long time to erase a lot of the
mess. However, unlike 'W" Obama has been very intelligent and cordial to the 'Bush Dynasty' bunch in Dallas. This shows what an extremely intelligent President and First Lady (both Ivy League) educated, can do for the USA.

1212fell

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Judged:

1212fell wrote:
antonyto: You, Sir, are in my corner EXACTLY. Bush was the epitome of stupid (actually the lowest IQ of any US President), and he wanted to have a war, and with Cheney's weapons manufacturing companies, they sure pulled it off didn't they? No wonder they called Cheney 'Bush's Brain'. It has taken Pres. Obama a long time to erase a lot of the
mess. However, unlike 'W" Obama has been very intelligent and cordial to the 'Bush Dynasty' bunch in Dallas. This shows what an extremely intelligent President and First Lady (both Ivy League) educated, can do for the USA.
1212fell
LOL........Good one!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL........Good one!
Larry, we're gonna have to lock the doors and turn the lights down, so it'll be harder for these
obamazombies to find us.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that the only reason I'm speaking of my being a vet here is because someone else brought it up, right?
If you want to charge me with taking advantage of SKL's post to promote donations to vets in need of something more substantial than a verbal thank you for your service, or to an organization that provides toys for kids who might not otherwise get any at Christmas, well, I'll plead guilty and serve my time with a smile on my face.
Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go listen to Bruce Springsteen singing Glory Days while telling myself that the song has nothing to do with any time I've ever brought up my time in the service.
;-)
I am all for helping where we can and these organizations do great work. Question, has anyone really told you thanks to your service to the nation and than retreated it because of your pov? That's wrong imo. But I have to admit I do like vets that rarely if ever speak of the service they give politics aside.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I am all for helping where we can and these organizations do great work. Question, has anyone really told you thanks to your service to the nation and than retreated it because of your pov? That's wrong imo. But I have to admit I do like vets that rarely if ever speak of the service they give politics aside.
Just so you know, I did give what you said some thought. The thread is a combination of talk about politics and more personal stuff. I've brought up the fact that I was in the Navy, sure, but mostly in the same way that you have brought up that you drive a truck or previously sold cars, or that lisw is a therapist, that DS was still in the military, that Fearless was an ex-cop and in the insurance business, that bad bob painted houses ...

I'm sixty, Chris, and the Navy was ten years of my adult life. If my talking about being in the Navy comes across as bragging about having served, I certainly don't intend it that way. I've never claimed it made me an expert at anything, although I know I've used it to call bullsh*t when some people shoot off their mouth about how all veterans or real veterans think. It also explains why I'm interested in things like foreign affairs, military preparedness, etc.

I don't anyone's said thanks then taken it back, but I have had people accuse me of lying about serving because my politics don't match what they think a vet should say. There's also been various and sundry low rent individuals who've claimed I must have been kicked out, gotten a less than honorable discharge, that I was stupid for getting out before I could retire (without knowing or at best ignoring the reasons I made that decision), whatever.

And btw ... that door swings both ways. I've had lefties assume that I'm a conservative or that I'm 'not really' liberal just because they know I'm a vet, or that because I'm liberal and a veteran I must hate the military, or be opposed to the use of force under any circumstances, or am willing to blame the United States for every single international event that's gone wrong in the world in the last seventy or a hundred twenty five years.

Libertarians are pretty good at the last one, and they can be so much more obnoxious about it - or maybe I just find them more annoying than liberals and conservatives.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 166,121 - 166,140 of171,399
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

489 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 min andet1987 1,701
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min CunningLinguist 223,061
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min razz58 1,382
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min RiccardoFire 93,146
Cleveland!! You better GET READY!!!!!! 18 min Doctor REALITY 3
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Chess 529,729
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min BenAdam 598,713
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Charlie Sheen 255,605
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min sweets2360 716,024
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••