Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#174012 Jan 2, 2014
<2nd try-sorry if dup>
Part 2 of fictional account:

My sister & I were just north of Santa Cruz when the sailboat started to emerge from the heavy mist. But it became readily apparent this was no ordinary sailboat. It looked like an 18th century pirate galleon, complete with a wind-ripped jolly roger fluttering from atop the main mast. As the vessel came out into the sun, you could see it'd been through some rough times. She had 3 levels, and there were twelve cannon ports on the port side, and one more angled forward on the bow. This was the only side in view as she was sailing on a parallel course. The sails themselves were for the most part, soiled but sound, though a few of them were in dire need of repair. It's rigging was tattered but didn't appear to affect the navigation any. The ship itself had sustained damage of some sort, with large chucks of wood missing from the port side bow, and a smaller piece hanging near the stern.

The flag on the stern jack was red & green with a yellow circle of intertwined rope under a single u-shaped badge with 5 smaller shields on a small white u-shaped field. Upon doing some research on her Kindle Fire, Bette found the flag was Portuguese. At first we figured the pirate boat had to be a replica, but in the shape it was in, if it was a replica, it must've been created for Disneyland or some other amusement park.

As we got closer to Santa Cruz, the old ship took in some of it's sails and began to slow down. By the time we entered the town, all of the ships sails had been lowered, and she finally coasted to a stop just outside Monterey Bay. Bette & I pulled into a small beachside cafe to see about having breakfast and coffee. After the girl took our orders, we went outside to get our cameras out of the car, and try taking a few pictures of the pirate ship, because no one would believe us without some sort of proof. A boardwak park was nearby, and provided a good view of the frigate, which was now sitting at anchor in the middle of the entrance to Monterey. We both snapped off 9 or 10 pictures, and ran back inside to have coffee.

The pirate ship was not visible from inside the cafe, but we had no doubt it would still be sitting there when we left. We were wrong. It only took us about 30 minutes to eat and pay the tab, but when we went to the car, the sailing ship was no where to be seen. We both remarked that it was very strange indeed. I said at least we have the pictures.

When we got home, she dropped me off and then drove back to her house. I went to the office, took the camera out and uploaded the images to my computer. And though the software showed 9 separate and distinct images being transfered, none of them appeared in the photo manager. So I tried again, and the results were the same. I called Bette and told her what happened, and she said she had to leave with her hubby, but would call me tomorrow and tell me if her camera was able to pick anything up. The next day she called and said all of her pictures had been "whited out" or something.

After that, the event sorta faded from memory until days later, Bette said she was watching the news and said a Coast Guard patrol boat had been tracking a "sailboat", since leaving the Emerald Triangle area in Northern California just south of Eureka, 2 nights before Christmas. The Coast Guard suspected the vessel had a substantial cargo of weed, as an eyewitness who originally called in, stated she'd seen several bundles being shuttled out to the square-rigger by six oar-driven skiffs right at sunup. When asked how many bundles, the witness estimated upwards of 4500 large bales, wrapped in black plastic. Only problem was the Coast Guard somehow managed to lose the aged ship in heavy fog, in spite of having the latest in high-tech tracking equipment on board. I called the CG and told them what my sister and I had seen. They thanked me and said they appreciated the info.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#174013 Jan 2, 2014
Never heard of this gal until yesterday watching NCIS.

Storyline: Ziva's father is assassinated in the US while he came to vist her, and she makes arrangements to take him back home to Israel for burial.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#174014 Jan 2, 2014
bad bob wrote:
Never heard of this gal until yesterday watching NCIS.
Storyline: Ziva's father is assassinated in the US while he came to vist her, and she makes arrangements to take him back home to Israel for burial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vIj8J2WSumwXX
Her's another one from someone I've never heard, also from NCIS episode called
"Pretty Little Liars"

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#174015 Jan 2, 2014
edit:
(Here's) another one.....

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#174016 Jan 3, 2014
http://www.mainstreet.com/article/family/fami...
This article talks about what I've been saying all along. Obamacare isn't solving problems. People will continue to use the ER inappropriately with or without Obamacare. I don't have an explanation, I can only guess that for those who struggle financially their lives tend to be chaotic, and they have a hard time changing that. At any rate, it's like an onion you have to keep peeling the layers and what I think they'll find is that this plan is going to implode.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#174017 Jan 3, 2014
bad bob wrote:
<2nd try-sorry if dup>
Part 2 of fictional account:
My sister & I were just north of Santa Cruz when the sailboat started to emerge from the heavy mist. But it became readily apparent this was no ordinary sailboat. It looked like an 18th century pirate galleon, complete with a wind-ripped jolly roger fluttering from atop the main mast. As the vessel came out into the sun, you could see it'd been through some rough times. She had 3 levels, and there were twelve cannon ports on the port side, and one more angled forward on the bow. This was the only side in view as she was sailing on a parallel course. The sails themselves were for the most part, soiled but sound, though a few of them were in dire need of repair. It's rigging was tattered but didn't appear to affect the navigation any. The ship itself had sustained damage of some sort, with large chucks of wood missing from the port side bow, and a smaller piece hanging near the stern.
The flag on the stern jack was red & green with a yellow circle of intertwined rope under a single u-shaped badge with 5 smaller shields on a small white u-shaped field. Upon doing some research on her Kindle Fire, Bette found the flag was Portuguese. At first we figured the pirate boat had to be a replica, but in the shape it was in, if it was a replica, it must've been created for Disneyland or some other amusement park.
As we got closer to Santa Cruz, the old ship took in some of it's sails and began to slow down. By the time we entered the town, all of the ships sails had been lowered, and she finally coasted to a stop just outside Monterey Bay. Bette & I pulled into a small beachside cafe to see about having breakfast and coffee. After the girl took our orders, we went outside to get our cameras out of the car, and try taking a few pictures of the pirate ship, because no one would believe us without some sort of proof. A boardwak park was nearby, and provided a good view of the frigate, which was now sitting at anchor in the middle of the entrance to Monterey. We both snapped off 9 or 10 pictures, and ran back inside to have coffee.
The pirate ship was not visible from inside the cafe, but we had no doubt it would still be sitting there when we left. We were wrong. It only took us about 30 minutes to eat and pay the tab, but when we went to the car, the sailing ship was no where to be seen. We both remarked that it was very strange indeed. I said at least we have the pictures.
When we got home, she dropped me off and then drove back to her house. I went to the office, took the camera out and uploaded the images to my computer. And though the software showed 9 separate and distinct images being transfered, none of them appeared in the photo manager. So I tried again, and the results were the same. I called Bette and told her what happened, and she said she had to leave with her hubby, but would call me tomorrow and tell me if her camera was able to pick anything up. The next day she called and said all of her pictures had been "whited out" or something.
After that, the event sorta faded from memory until days later, Bette said she was watching the news and said a Coast Guard patrol boat had been tracking a "sailboat", since leaving the Emerald Triangle area in Northern California just south of Eureka, 2 nights before Christmas. The Coast Guard suspected the vessel had a substantial cargo of weed, as an eyewitness who originally called in, stated she'd seen several bundles being shuttled out to the square-rigger by six oar-driven skiffs right at sunup. When asked how many bundles, the witness estimated upwards of 4500 large bales, wrapped in black plastic. Only problem was the Coast Guard somehow managed to lose the aged ship in heavy fog, in spite of having the latest in high-tech tracking equipment on board.
(Edited to make room)This would make a good twilight zone episode Dodododo!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#174018 Jan 3, 2014
Rodman is absolutely nuts going over to North Korea.........

http://news.yahoo.com/kim-jong-un-fed-his-unc...

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#174019 Jan 3, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Rodman is absolutely nuts going over to North Korea.........
http://news.yahoo.com/kim-jong-un-fed-his-unc...
I think he's having a bromance with the fat little despot, Kim Jong-un. Maybe he'll get sent to the gulag? LOL

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#174020 Jan 3, 2014
Steven “Laser” Haas is the owner and sole shareholder of Collateral Logistics Inc.(CLI) the firm which was retained to oversee the liquidation of assets in the bankruptcy of eToys in 2001. During the process of liquidating the company Haas came across irregularities, unethical practices and outright criminal acts originating from the top at Bain Capital (Mitt Romney’s asset management firm), Goldman Sachs, Kay Bee Toys and Stage Stores, all of which were involved in the machinations to sell eToys for mere pennies to Bain through its interest in Kay Bee.

Haas filed his suit under a provision of the RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) statute which allows a plaintiff to become a “Private Attorney General” when it is necessary in order to address “Prosecutorial Gaps.” According to Haas, that gap was created by Colm F. Connolly, former United States Attorney in Delaware who had been a partner in the law firm of Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell (MNAT) in 2001, alleging he had failed to disclose that fact while also neglecting to investigate the complaints which Haas had lodged.

Along with Romney, Haas has named Goldman Sachs, Bain Capital, Michael Glazer Barry Gold and Paul Traub in the suit. Haas has claimed that he has evidence that the parties involved have committed perjury on 35 separate occasions — even alleging that there have been murders carried out in attempts to cover up their wrong doing.

His $100 million suit is intended to recover some of the losses incurred by the victims of the unethical and illegal actions of those involved in the chicanery and who reaped handsome profits from the deal.

Haas alleged in his affidavit to the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 3, 2012 that after he had uncovered numerous irregularities, he had been offered $850,000 by Bain to keep silent about what he had discovered. When he attempted to report the bribe, he was told that since he had not accepted it, he didn’t have a case. Bain of course denies that the offer was ever made.

http://aattp.org/breaking-mitt-romney-is-bein...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#174021 Jan 3, 2014
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>(Edited to make room)This would make a good twilight zone episode Dodododo!
Might consider that Lis, but I think I went 2 hokies too far.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#174022 Jan 4, 2014
Darn global warming, err climate change. Had to turn our rarely used heater on this day.

Safety Harbor, FL

#174023 Jan 4, 2014
Kenneth Knudson says he’s a “salt of the earth kind of guy,” according to WDAF-TV.
The 88-year-old business owner also says he has never in his entire life been in trouble with the police.
But a cracked brick wall outside his office building in downtown Horton, Kan., that officials have deemed a public hazard landed the World War II veteran in jail last month.
Knudson says he can’t afford to repair the wall, adding that the city won’t show him any leniency, which is fairly disappointing for a person who says he has dedicated most of his life to the town.
“I was on the planning commission for Horton, I’ve been the president of the chamber, I’ve been on the appeals board,” he told WDAF-TV.
The veteran is appealing to the town, the judge and the city to cut him a break on the repairs. He said his jewelry store business is dying and the beauty salon he owns next door is barely keeping him and his wife of 66 years afloat.
The city at one point offered to repair his building for $10,000, saying he could put it toward his taxes. But, again, the cost of repairs was too expensive for the Kansas business owner.
“You should be able to buy the whole downtown for five thousand,” he said jokingly.
Finally when Knudson appeared in court Dec. 23 to tell a judge he couldn’t afford the repairs, he was fined $100 and put in jail.

Life in America 2014.

Safety Harbor, FL

#174024 Jan 4, 2014
Well off to Chick-fil-a. Have to get in before they get busy. :)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#174025 Jan 4, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Kenneth Knudson says he’s a “salt of the earth kind of guy,” according to WDAF-TV.
The 88-year-old business owner also says he has never in his entire life been in trouble with the police.
But a cracked brick wall outside his office building in downtown Horton, Kan., that officials have deemed a public hazard landed the World War II veteran in jail last month.
Knudson says he can’t afford to repair the wall, adding that the city won’t show him any leniency, which is fairly disappointing for a person who says he has dedicated most of his life to the town.
“I was on the planning commission for Horton, I’ve been the president of the chamber, I’ve been on the appeals board,” he told WDAF-TV.
The veteran is appealing to the town, the judge and the city to cut him a break on the repairs. He said his jewelry store business is dying and the beauty salon he owns next door is barely keeping him and his wife of 66 years afloat.
The city at one point offered to repair his building for $10,000, saying he could put it toward his taxes. But, again, the cost of repairs was too expensive for the Kansas business owner.
“You should be able to buy the whole downtown for five thousand,” he said jokingly.
Finally when Knudson appeared in court Dec. 23 to tell a judge he couldn’t afford the repairs, he was fined $100 and put in jail.
Life in America 2014.
Ever heard the phrase, "...the cost of doing business..."?

Personal responsibility...it's kind of a thing...especially for a self-proclaimed "Salt of the Earth" kind of guy. What sort of choices did he make, regarding his business, that he now has a huge crack in the foundation of the building?

Perhaps this 88 year old man should go back to school and learn another trade....adapt, improvise, and overcome. Pull himself up by his bootstraps.

Sound familiar?

#174026 Jan 4, 2014
lisw wrote:
http://www.mainstreet.com/arti cle/family/family-health/obama cares-biggest-lie?puc=unitedon li&cm_ven=UNITEDONLI
This article talks about what I've been saying all along. Obamacare isn't solving problems. People will continue to use the ER inappropriately with or without Obamacare. I don't have an explanation, I can only guess that for those who struggle financially their lives tend to be chaotic, and they have a hard time changing that. At any rate, it's like an onion you have to keep peeling the layers and what I think they'll find is that this plan is going to implode.
I see they are challenging this again. This time going after Obama and the changes he's making under pressure, saying it is illegal to make the changes. The whole thing is effed up. I've heard of people that have to travel 100 miles to get to a doctor in the network. 60% of the counties across America have only 1 choice in providers. Doctors are saying the way its set up many will never get to the deductible to receive anything from the insurance. Meaning they will be paying well over the deductible because they wont be able to receive treatments within the network.

#174027 Jan 4, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Stephanopoulos, the Clinton's lap dog?!? O.o
Thats why its so surprising he (at least to me) seems as fair as he does.

#174028 Jan 4, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Life in America 2014.
I wonder if there isnt more to the story......

I sure cant agree with sending an 88y/o man to jail because he has a crack in his building, but if your running 2 businesses, i would think you could come up with 10 grand especially if their willing to put it on to the property tax.

If the jewelry store is failing, have a clearance. He has to have at least that amount in inventory. If he doesn't its no wonder its failing..........

I met a guy this last summer who had basically the same problem, except his place was a dangerous mess. The city asked him for years to clean it up. He refused, And I cant understand why. It was just all worthless junk. Eventually he had thefts , anything that was valuable was stolen, and then finally the city came in and cleaned out most of it and sent him the bill. But before that he also was sent to jail because of it.

I've met businessmen like him before. Its classic, they take what they can get out of the business and will absolutely refuse to put anything back in. It sounds like that may be the type this guy is. JMO........

#174029 Jan 4, 2014
For anyone interested CEO of Mayo Clinic Dr. John Noseworthy and CEO of Cleveland Clinic Dr. Delos Cosgrove are on Meet The Press tomorrow..

Should be interesting to see what they have to say about the ACA.
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#174030 Jan 4, 2014
Another fine thing our corrupted war mongering US leaders got us all into!
Bahahahhahahaaaaa
These photos of a very strange anti-U.S. protest in India speak volume
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...

Many Americans may not even be aware of the ongoing diplomatic spat with India, which began last week when U.S. authorities arrested and strip-searched Indian Deputy Consul General Devyani Khobragade in New York for allegedly lying on her maid's visa application. But it is a very, very big deal in India, where it's widely seen an insult to national pride and a scandalous breach of propriety.

Just as in the United States, India has its political fringes. Also as in the U.S., those fringes tend to come out at moments of major political controversy. These photos show a protest staged this week at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi by a right-wing Hindu nationalist group called Rashtrawadi Shiv Sena. The name means "Nationalist Shiva Army" and you can get a sense of the group's political message pretty easily from the photos. Most Indians outraged by the scandal are much more civil – and much more normally clothed – than this. But the Rashtrawadi Shiv Sena protest actually does a good job of distilling Indian reaction.
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#174031 Jan 4, 2014
fine mess!:) Bahhahhaaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Cat 46,227
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Michael 691,986
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Johnny 388
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 7 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web