“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173830 Dec 21, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Property in certain other countries is dirt cheap right now....feel free to emigrate....
http://somalilandpress.com/somalilandbuying-p...
Never. My sister however just got her status from the government. While she may visit I doubt she will ever be a citizen of the greatest nation the world has ever seen again. She of course doesn't share my thoughts. America, love it or leave it. Nope. America love it and make it better. That's me.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173831 Dec 21, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, well, thanks for the in-depth report my little fruit cup, but climate change has been "real" throughout the history of the earth. Research paleoclimatology in the western hemisphere and in particular, South America during the mid-Holocene period (5000-7000ish years ago) and you will discover that intense sustained droughts and warmer temperatures than you're experiencing now, also occured then. If you'd take the time to lumber through the tedious vocabulary which will accompany such research, you'll be amazed at what you discover. Your spoonfed liberal voodoo on global warming or rapid climate change or whatever you want to call it, won't appear to be quite as certain.
==
Reasonable doubt. Discovery. Evidence. Proof. Research. Data. Motive.
For someone in your line of work where such things can make or break a case, it's astounding how easily you dismiss those words in favor of emotion and hearsay on this. And I know your opinions because I've read them and you're an under-informed, bandwagon global warming yahoo who couldn't write a three page essay on paleoclimatology and how it relates and coincides to contemporary climate changes to save your life but yet amazingly, you're confident in your opinion. And, I'm pretty sure that paints a fool of a lawyer..........
==
BUT? It 'tis the Christmas season, Catcher and in the spirit of giving I'll re-gift one of your one liners and give it back to you as you sit there weepy and sniveling over the state of Chilean ice. Here you go.....
WOE IS YOU
WOE
WOE
WOE
and oh yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Some time back I read a good book on lightning. The national lightning detection network which is of much value to many marked 30 years last June. No doubt the data provided has saved lives. Funny thing is we still have much to learn on lightning. And the climate? Me thinks we know even less about it and how it relates to the weather systems. Anyone have a Time mag from 1972? Monday November 13, 1972 to be exact. Good for laughs.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173832 Dec 21, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Another article on the follies of OC..........
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
The new political risk that the rules are liable to change at any moment will also be cycled into 2015 premiums. Expect another price spike late next summer. With ObamaCare looking like a loss-making book of business, a public declaration of penance by the insurance industry for helping to sell ObamaCare is long overdue.
The only political explanation for relaxing enforcement of the individual mandate—even at the risk of destabilizing ObamaCare in the long term—is that the White House is panicked that the whole entitlement is endangered. The insurance terminations and rollout fiasco could leave more people uninsured in 2014 than in 2013. ObamaCare's unpopularity with the public could cost Democrats the Senate in 2014, and a GOP Congress in 2015 could compel the White House to reopen the law and make major changes.
That's the thing. Until we see some kind of stability I expect it to be bad to worse. Businesses and insurance companies can't and won't rewrite policy based on whatever the President says today which may very well be different 3 weeks from now. We haven't seen anything yet. Woe is Catcher and every other flake that voted for this crap.
garriepic

New Kensington, PA

#173833 Dec 21, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Bush a Turd

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#173834 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Never. My sister however just got her status from the government. While she may visit I doubt she will ever be a citizen of the greatest nation the world has ever seen again. She of course doesn't share my thoughts. America, love it or leave it. Nope. America love it and make it better. That's me.
Your sister renounced her citizenship?

Bummer.

I'm with you, Chris. I love this country, and have no plans to leave it, ever, really. I'd like to make it better too.

Unfortunately, there are more obstacles to that these days, than ever - because we have so many people, with so many different ideas of what "better" looks like.

I'd like it better if people's rights were upheld as strongly as corporate rights, if we quit thumping the little guy, if we quit acting like any one 'religion' is better than any other, and if we quit legislating against the individual choices of women.

I'm aware your list doesn't include that last one...but other than that, I think we're pretty much on the same page.(I don't think Atheism beats Christianity, or that Christianity beats Islam, or that any of them should get a statue on the front steps of the Capitol Building, either.)

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173835 Dec 21, 2013
A human rights activist and the only known person to be born in a North Korea camp and escape to the West wrote a chilling letter this week to Dennis Rodman, on the heels of news the former NBA player would coach the communist country’s basketball team.
“I have never met you, and until you visited North Korea in February I had never heard of you,” Shin Dong-hyuk wrote in an open letter first published by the Washington Post.“Now I know very well that you are a famous, retired American basketball player with many tattoos.”
“I want to tell you about myself. I was born in 1982 in Camp 14, a political prison in the mountains of North Korea,” he continued.“For more than 50 years, Kim Jong Un, his father and his grandfather have used prisons such as Camp 14 to punish, starve and work to death people who the regime decides are a threat.”
“Prisoners are sent to places like Camp 14 without trial and in secret,” the letter adds.“A prisoner’s ‘crime’ can be his relation by blood to someone the regime believes is a wrongdoer or wrong-thinker. My crime was to be born as the son of a man whose brother fled to South Korea in the 1950s.”
“At this very moment, people are starving in these camps. Others are being beaten, and someone soon will be publicly executed as a lesson to other prisoners to work hard and obey the rules,” he wrote.“I grew up watching these executions, including the hanging of my mother.”
“On orders of the guards in Camp 14, inmates are forced to marry and create children to be raised by guards to be disposable slaves,” Dong-hyuk added.“Until I escaped in 2005, I was one of those slaves. My body is covered with scars from torture I endured in the camp.”
“I am writing to you, Mr. Rodman, because, more than anything else, I want Kim Jong Un to hear the cries of his people,” he wrote.“Maybe you could use your friendship and your time together to help him understand that he has the power to close the camps and rebuild the country’s economy so everyone can afford to eat.”
“I end this letter in the hope that you can use your friendship with the dictator to be a friend to the North Korean people,” Dong-hyuk concluded.

Now here is the definition of courageous. Something tells me unless you read alternative media like the blaze.com you will never here of this young man.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#173836 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone have a Time mag from 1972? Monday November 13, 1972 to be exact. Good for laughs.
No, but I thought this was pretty....er....funny?

http://12daysofcongress.tumblr.com/

This one's cute too...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#173837 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing. Until we see some kind of stability I expect it to be bad to worse. Businesses and insurance companies can't and won't rewrite policy based on whatever the President says today which may very well be different 3 weeks from now. We haven't seen anything yet. Woe is Catcher and every other flake that voted for this crap.
I hope people see why they are making the (temporary) changes. To get them through the next elections. I'm sure even Willie and Hip see that, although I doubt either would admit it....

;o)

#173838 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
A human rights activist and the only known person to be born in a North Korea camp and escape to the West wrote a chilling letter this week to Dennis Rodman, on the heels of news the former NBA player would coach the communist country’s basketball team.
“I have never met you, and until you visited North Korea in February I had never heard of you,” Shin Dong-hyuk wrote in an open letter first published by the Washington Post.“Now I know very well that you are a famous, retired American basketball player with many tattoos.”
“I want to tell you about myself. I was born in 1982 in Camp 14, a political prison in the mountains of North Korea,” he continued.“For more than 50 years, Kim Jong Un, his father and his grandfather have used prisons such as Camp 14 to punish, starve and work to death people who the regime decides are a threat.”
“Prisoners are sent to places like Camp 14 without trial and in secret,” the letter adds.“A prisoner’s ‘crime’ can be his relation by blood to someone the regime believes is a wrongdoer or wrong-thinker. My crime was to be born as the son of a man whose brother fled to South Korea in the 1950s.”
“At this very moment, people are starving in these camps. Others are being beaten, and someone soon will be publicly executed as a lesson to other prisoners to work hard and obey the rules,” he wrote.“I grew up watching these executions, including the hanging of my mother.”
“On orders of the guards in Camp 14, inmates are forced to marry and create children to be raised by guards to be disposable slaves,” Dong-hyuk added.“Until I escaped in 2005, I was one of those slaves. My body is covered with scars from torture I endured in the camp.”
“I am writing to you, Mr. Rodman, because, more than anything else, I want Kim Jong Un to hear the cries of his people,” he wrote.“Maybe you could use your friendship and your time together to help him understand that he has the power to close the camps and rebuild the country’s economy so everyone can afford to eat.”
“I end this letter in the hope that you can use your friendship with the dictator to be a friend to the North Korean people,” Dong-hyuk concluded.
Now here is the definition of courageous. Something tells me unless you read alternative media like the blaze.com you will never here of this young man.
Personally, after Kim Jr. had his uncle executed, I thought Rodman is absolutely nuts to go over there. You cant have any compassion or empathy for others at all to let those things continue over there. And if I were rodman the last thing I'd be talking to Kim about is political things. Its a sure fire way to a prison cell, even if you are one of his heros. Hell, he killed his uncle for not clapping enthusiastically enough when he received an award, among other things.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173839 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>Your sister renounced her citizenship?
Bummer.
I'm with you, Chris. I love this country, and have no plans to leave it, ever, really. I'd like to make it better too.
Unfortunately, there are more obstacles to that these days, than ever - because we have so many people, with so many different ideas of what "better" looks like.
I'd like it better if people's rights were upheld as strongly as corporate rights, if we quit thumping the little guy, if we quit acting like any one 'religion' is better than any other, and if we quit legislating against the individual choices of women.
I'm aware your list doesn't include that last one...but other than that, I think we're pretty much on the same page.(I don't think Atheism beats Christianity, or that Christianity beats Islam, or that any of them should get a statue on the front steps of the Capitol Building, either.)
Yep. I was shocked to learn this as well over Thanksgiving break. Perhaps some of my friends that have given up more than I can know just for the chance to be here have been a stronger influence than I first thought. Mostly a guy from Venezuela. I'm thankful we can agree to disagree and live in peace. Many places in this world that's not true. I'm thankful I can call our President out on his many lies and not be sent to a camp to starve to death. We have our problems but no place else I want to be.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173840 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>No, but I thought this was pretty....er....funny?
http://12daysofcongress.tumblr.com/
This one's cute too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =63Fg44ifgeMXX
Good one.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173841 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Personally, after Kim Jr. had his uncle executed, I thought Rodman is absolutely nuts to go over there. You cant have any compassion or empathy for others at all to let those things continue over there. And if I were rodman the last thing I'd be talking to Kim about is political things. Its a sure fire way to a prison cell, even if you are one of his heros. Hell, he killed his uncle for not clapping enthusiastically enough when he received an award, among other things.
I'd just like to know why the left, the far left like Sean Penn seem to worship such people and never call this evil out?

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173842 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I hope people see why they are making the (temporary) changes. To get them through the next elections. I'm sure even Willie and Hip see that, although I doubt either would admit it....
;o)
Bro the most I've seen is they aren't enthusiastic about some of his positions but nobody here is worthy of a real discussion. Really don't care. After the news conference where even the dear leader himself was lost for words because of his lies and still people give him cover. But what did Hip say? We want this? Not me. The sad thing is like on so many other fronts we could have taken a real problem and pursued some solutions. How many years did they have to design the website? What was really done with money allocated for it? It sure wasn't used in design that will now have huge overrun with the a team put in place.

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#173843 Dec 21, 2013
1212felon wrote:
G W Bush a hero????????? That is the most outrageous statement that can be made for a 2 term President that has the lowest IQ of any other. And to think that the taxpayers have to protect him until he is
no longer alive, not to mention his father.
Lowest IQ?!? What about the moron that's in office right now? Odumbo can't even get out a coherent sentence without a teleprompter. This idiot is the least knowledgeable potus in history. This clown has no understanding of how the free market system works and the concept of wealth creation is alien to him. He believes there's a finite amount, therefore it needs redistribution. Not to mention he's trampled on the constitution like a little tin horn dictator. <¦-o

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173844 Dec 21, 2013
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Lowest IQ?!? What about the moron that's in office right now? Odumbo can't even get out a coherent sentence without a teleprompter. This idiot is the least knowledgeable potus in history. This clown has no understanding of how the free market system works and the concept of wealth creation is alien to him. He believes there's a finite amount, therefore it needs redistribution. Not to mention he's trampled on the constitution like a little tin horn dictator. <¦-o
I just became aware that the President, the one we have now, called certain people "tea baggers". Now I'm well aware the fan base of his share his um, what is the word, hate, of a this large group of people. In an age when someone says something stupid and is fired for it hours latter can we get some action here?

Mr. Obama, during his private pep talk to Democrats, recognized Mr. Owens election and then posed a question to the other lawmakers. According to Representative Earl Blumenauer of Oregon, who supports the health care bill, the president asked,“Does anybody think that the teabag, anti-government people are going to support them if they bring down health care? All it will do is confuse and dispirit” Democratic voters “and it will encourage the extremists.”(emphasis added)

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173845 Dec 21, 2013
Of course that would mean President Biden. Stand up Joe. He couldn't do any worse. Could he?

#173846 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Of course that would mean President Biden. Stand up Joe. He couldn't do any worse. Could he?
BTX would have something to say about that I'd bet.........

Since: Sep 10

Chile

#173847 Dec 21, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change is real? Even in Patagonia?
Now that's some Earth shaking info. Boy, I'll bet that will turn the scientific community on their heads. I think the consensus has always been that climates just don't change, never have and never will.
While you're down there, you should rent a long-board and start paddling east. I'll bet you can prove that the earth ain't flat, either.
You should see it, maybe you wouldn´t be so ignorant.
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

#173848 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
BTX would have something to say about that I'd bet.........
Yep. Think he said he lived in De for many years. I learned all I needed to know of the clown during the Thomas/ Hill hearings.

#173849 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Think he said he lived in De for many years. I learned all I needed to know of the clown during the Thomas/ Hill hearings.
I really dont know what to make of the guy. He's either the dumbest person in Congress or the most honest. Maybe he's both.

He's spent all these years there and I heard he's worth about 100,000 grand. He was either to dumb to abuse the system or to honest..........I hate to say it but I gotta believe its the former..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 559,391
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Dally Mama 774,995
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Ugly Truth from d... 604,969
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min Grau 119,650
Last Word + 2 45 min AliceBlue 976
need help to expose my south Asian girlfriend's... 46 min petjrox 1
Our God Is The Mighty Creator Of All Things! 55 min Bammybuster 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 265,098
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web