Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#173721 Dec 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh ... a favorite Roberta tactic - save a post until the poster has forgotten most of it, then come back at them!
;-)
Whenever you can, if you want, of course.
It's NOT a tactic, Willie--although I admit it would be a good one :)

I simply don't have the heart for anything in-depth right now.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#173722 Dec 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
I have to brag about something that i accomplished this year. I got a poinsetta to rebloom. Yeah me!
I don't believe you!

;-)

Location hidden

#173723 Dec 16, 2013
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Allowing that 'mega mosque' to be built, would have been a symbolic victory for Islam's war on Western civilization. That goes beyond the separation of church and state and religious freedom.
I see this post of yours has gotten a batch of negative icons, but I happen to agree with you, and I thought you should know that somebody did :)

Location hidden

#173724 Dec 16, 2013
lisw wrote:
I have to brag about something that i accomplished this year. I got a poinsetta to rebloom. Yeah me!
By golly, that IS something to brag about! I've tried a couple times and haven't been able to do it. Congrats, Lis, and brag away :)

Location hidden

#173725 Dec 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a conscience but he's able to grant his conscience more "flexibility" than most people. His conscience is special. <smile>

Where ethics are concerned, he appears to be a consequentialist much of the time meaning he judges the rightness or wrongness of an action (such as lying) based on the value of the outcome.( Utilitarianism...."the action is best which produces the greatest good for the greatest number.'') In other words, in his mind, the end justifies the means. That kind of thinking is not an ingredient to basic honesty or a democracy for that matter, but it's a little late to be concerned about that particular vice and besides, supporters who've excused and turned a blind eye to the pattern, simply don't care or aren't willing to acknowledge it. Yet.

Anyway, telling the nation, "if you like your health insurance you can keep your health insurance. Period.", was a lie and he knew that, but in his mind the lie was justified because it was a stepping stone toward HIS goal of fundamentally transforming America and without the lie, the ACA would probably not have passed into law and he might not have won a 2nd term. The stakes were high for him. He HAD to lie.
Charming little **@^#, isn't he?
Yep. Charming as snake oil, and just as trustworthy.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#173726 Dec 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You're welcome. I stand uncorrected.
I suppose admitting that you COULD be a psycho the rapist, wouldn't take any skin off my nose though, so, I'll go ahead and admit that.
Interesting. Yer hatred is so festering, you couldn't just come out & apologize. So instead, you embarked on a crash-research quest designed to bolster your claim, AND impugn
WWW's "Madame Secretary" reply at the same time.

But you wound up on a carnival ride, devoid of whole reality that dumped YOU in a maze
of paths that went nowhere.

The lengths and the trouble to which you went, in order to avoid doing the right thing is really no surprise. But the results you came up with and presented, certainly are.

Measure twice, cut once.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173727 Dec 16, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Yer hatred is so festering, you couldn't just come out & apologize. So instead, you embarked on a crash-research quest designed to bolster your claim, AND impugn
WWW's "Madame Secretary" reply at the same time.
But you wound up on a carnival ride, devoid of whole reality that dumped YOU in a maze
of paths that went nowhere.
The lengths and the trouble to which you went, in order to avoid doing the right thing is really no surprise. But the results you came up with and presented, certainly are.
Measure twice, cut once.
I'm not sure which is lamer ... SKL's festering hatred of lisw, or bad bob's festering hatred of SKL.

Pretty much a dead heat, I guess...

Her final reply was kind of lame, and there was (I think) a reference to an album name that was very definitely 'after our time" in the "psycho the rapist" bit.

I did notice, however, that her original post had a smiley at the end of it that didn't appear in your reply.

Did you measure twice before you cut it?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#173728 Dec 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure which is lamer ... SKL's festering hatred of lisw, or bad bob's festering hatred of SKL.
Pretty much a dead heat, I guess...
Her final reply was kind of lame, and there was (I think) a reference to an album name that was very definitely 'after our time" in the "psycho the rapist" bit.
I did notice, however, that her original post had a smiley at the end of it that didn't appear in your reply.
Did you measure twice before you cut it?
Saw the smiley icon. But with some, it's more of an evil grin.

BTW, as I've mentioned b4, I hate EVERYone.

Kudos for your crackerjack reply though.

Location hidden

#173729 Dec 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>If we hear something in the public forum that is demonstrably false, or half-false, or "true" only when inconvenient facts are omitted,
and we don't challenge it, or worse, we become a conduit for it, then yes, obviously "WE the people" like it that way.
That, Hip, is ONE group of people to which > I < for one do not belong. I DO NOT knowingly pass on false information, EVER, online or offline. And on the occasions when I learn that something I have passed on is false, I do whatever I can to set the record straight.

Location hidden

#173730 Dec 16, 2013
Good night, folks.

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#173731 Dec 17, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That pretty much sums up how he got elected. No one knew anything about him, they went crazy went he spoke, they didn't really undertstand politics and he was an African American.
==
If Obama and America was a marriage, I think it's safe to say the honeymoon is over, counseling isn't working, a divorce is imminent based on irreconcilable differences and the country will be paying big alimony dollars for a very, very long time......
but hey, the wedding was nice!
Hi Lyndi

I love the way that you write and the way you play with the words. I wish that I had that knack. Anyway one of his parents was from Africa and the other from America and he grew up in Hawaii? Is that right? What a combination hey! Yes I can see that the marriage is not working as you say. I shall watch out for you in future as I really like the way that youw rite.
Thanks and regards
Cherianne

Location hidden

#173732 Dec 17, 2013
LOL Lyndi doesn't PLAY with words, Cheriann. She uses the English language as the precision instrument it is meant to be, to slice away cant and reveal inconsistencies and nonsense when she comes across them :)

My own style is a bit different. I use the English language to stick pins in overinflated balloons, and I just LOOVVE the sound of the big "POP" too ;)

Location hidden

#173733 Dec 17, 2013
God bless and keep you all.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173734 Dec 17, 2013
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173735 Dec 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're informed enough to know that answers to pollster questions trend along party lines, and aware of current events enough to know that Republicans are more likely to attribute anything negative in the field of healthcare to the ACA.
And I think you need to look harder for the democrats voicing their displeasure and "surprise" that the ACA wasn't what they thought it was.

This piece, for example, from the NY Times is both revealing and very, very amusing. Here are some highlights.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/nyregion/wi... ;

With Affordable Care Act, Canceled Policies for New York Professionals
Published: December 13, 2013

Many in New York’s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.

(Love the "cultural elite" phrase!)

They are part of an unusual, informal health insurance system that has developed in New York, in which independent practitioners were able to get lower insurance rates through group plans, typically set up by their professional associations or chambers of commerce. That allowed them to avoid the sky-high rates in New York’s individual insurance market, historically among the most expensive in the country.

But under the Affordable Care Act, they will be treated as individuals, responsible for their own insurance policies. For many of them, that is likely to mean they will no longer have access to a wide network of doctors and a range of plans tailored to their needs. And many of them are finding that if they want to keep their premiums from rising, they will have to accept higher deductible and co-pay costs or inferior coverage.

“I couldn’t sleep because of it,” said Barbara Meinwald, a solo practitioner lawyer in Manhattan.

(Now she knows how the uncultured plebes feel)

“We are the Obama people,” said Camille Sweeney, a New York writer and member of the Authors Guild. Her insurance is being canceled, and she is dismayed that neither her pediatrician nor her general practitioner appears to be on the exchange plans. What to do has become a hot topic on Facebook and at dinner parties frequented by her fellow writers and artists.

“I’m for it,” she said.“But what is the reality of it?”

Love that part! Love IT!

Did you catch that, Willie? "We ARE the Obama people. "I'm for it but ummmmmm, what is the reality of it?"

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaa

Libs. They love stuff ---------before they know the reality of it!

Haaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173736 Dec 18, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lyndi
. I shall watch out for you in future.......
Thanks and regards
Cherianne
Thank you. I'm flattered.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173737 Dec 18, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Tis the season ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DiXjbI3kRusXX
That was nice! Makes me to go a-wassailing.....

I like a good wassail.

Have you ever been a-wassailing?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173738 Dec 18, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
In short, they lie, because we lie, and we like it that way.
"Only a thief thinks everybody steals."

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173739 Dec 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think you need to look harder for the democrats voicing their displeasure and "surprise" that the ACA wasn't what they thought it was.
This piece, for example, from the NY Times is both revealing and very, very amusing. Here are some highlights.
Many in New York’s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.
They are part of an unusual, informal health insurance system that has developed in New York, in which independent practitioners were able to get lower insurance rates through group plans, typically set up by their professional associations or chambers of commerce. That allowed them to avoid the sky-high rates in New York’s individual insurance market, historically among the most expensive in the country.
But under the Affordable Care Act, they will be treated as individuals, responsible for their own insurance policies. For many of them, that is likely to mean they will no longer have access to a wide network of doctors and a range of plans tailored to their needs. And many of them are finding that if they want to keep their premiums from rising, they will have to accept higher deductible and co-pay costs or inferior coverage.
“I couldn’t sleep because of it,” said Barbara Meinwald, a solo practitioner lawyer in Manhattan.
“We are the Obama people,” said Camille Sweeney, a New York writer and member of the Authors Guild. Her insurance is being canceled, and she is dismayed that neither her pediatrician nor her general practitioner appears to be on the exchange plans. What to do has become a hot topic on Facebook and at dinner parties frequented by her fellow writers and artists.
Love that part! Love IT!
Did you catch that, Willie? "We ARE the Obama people. "I'm for it but ummmmmm, what is the reality of it?"
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Looks to me like the idiot hacked into the end of your post there, Lyndi. Something going on with Topix?

I think you mean you believe that Hip needs to look harder for the democrats voicing their displeasure, not me, although that seems to be an attempt to shift the subject back to something you want to talk about rather than a refutation of what he posted.

Me? I still think you were trying to compare something factual (even if incomplete &/or not what Lyndi wanted to talk about) in poll results to a subjective opinion (the IRS targeted liberal groups too).

The article itself is interesting, but the editorial content you've interjected (I'd give it a straight C, it being Christmas season and all) make it clear you're not interested in a discussion. You're having too much fun laughing at your own 'good uns'.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Santiago, Chile

#173740 Dec 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Many in New York&#146;s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.
Love that part! Love IT!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Could you please flesh out this summary?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 36 min Exposing Devil Lies 421
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Repub Lies Manufa... 46,642
Is Steve Harvey's 'Family Fued' racially biased?? (Oct '13) 3 hr debi0117 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 990,696
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr immaculatejaculate 692,026
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr el rey de los cam... 8,528
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 16 hr Eagle 12 - 6,705
More from around the web