Bush is a hero

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#173613 Dec 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>In the last twenty five years you've had far left zealots battling far right zealots over this cross, which only became a veteran's memorial in an effort to save it.
This fight's not about religion, it's not about culture, it's about politics, pure and simple. The only winners have been the lawyers, as the litigation has dragged on for so long in state and federal courts.
I disagree, both as to the reason for the litigation--a battle to uphold First Amendment principles--and regarding "winner" lawyers. The attorneys who have been representing the litigants have NOT profited from the case.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#173614 Dec 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww what's the matter, won't anybody play with you?
Well you could try another thread, butch. Who knows ya might even find one where another
librarian spinster uses terms like "CELEBRATORY MEAL". Heh heh heh.
yer jist sorry you didn't think of it first....

heh-heh-heh...

!!

Location hidden

#173615 Dec 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
This is just FYI. Not expecting any response and am not making any particular statement. But for those on Medicare, my husband received a letter from his secondary saying he "might not" be able to keep that insurance in 2014. It had to be approved by CMA. It can make you a little nervous if you let it, especially when the ACA has had such a bad track record so far. I'm just saying the future of healthcare is at best unpredictable.
This is just FYI 2. Not expecting any interest, but am making a particular statement: Many States have decided not to expand their Medicare programs, so those living in States which allow one to qualify for any type of 'socialized medicine'
should really just be glad they do qualify. They're the lucky ones.

If you didn't qualify for Veteran's Administration benefits, like 30,000 other veterans don't, you'd be 'a little MORE nervous...I'm guessing.

JMO

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#173616 Dec 13, 2013
IDIOTsomalianPIRATE wrote:
<quoted text>Lawyers only following orders, i would say behind the heavy veiled curtian are the Imperial Directive, US power ruling Elites
How did you make it through an entire post with no spelling errors, CHOCOLATE FACE?
BWAHAHAHA! <¦-o

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#173617 Dec 13, 2013
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>How did you make it through an entire post with no spelling errors, CHOCOLATE FACE?
BWAHAHAHA! <¦-o
Almost...1 spelling, 1 grammar, 1 lower case error.

Location hidden

#173618 Dec 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Saving.
(For when you have a comment on my obsession with 'the language'.

*hearts and squiggles* teeeheeeheeeheehee...

Location hidden

#173619 Dec 13, 2013

Location hidden

#173620 Dec 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange I read that and didn't get that from her posting at all. What I got is far left zealots are showing the world they are exactly what they claim to not stand, people of little to no tolerance. And I doubt many would object to a crescent moon or any symbol of other faiths.
A cup of tea...a cookie...and you....

Location hidden

#173621 Dec 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Mussolini was famous for keeping the trains running...and Obama seems to be doing pretty well in that particular regard. Transportation is hurting far less than the destinations, Chris...Obama is a big business sycophant. Witness Wall Street.

He's a friggin' Bush clone...only, the trains keep running on his watch. And I mean that literally - train traffic has increased by 3 times what it was 10 years ago. If you can pass a drug test, and have a CDC, you're practically guaranteed a job with the railroad here....and the railroads are STILL an excellent field to be in. Retirement is the shiznitz.

Just sayin'.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#173622 Dec 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, both as to the reason for the litigation--a battle to uphold First Amendment principles--and regarding "winner" lawyers. The attorneys who have been representing the litigants have NOT profited from the case.
You're right about the lawyers not profiting, although maybe there was some job security for San Diego city attorneys.

;-)

On the first amendment issue ... I don't know that the cross actually did rise to the level of an 'endorsement of religion' when the initial suit was filed against the city.

Once the city began all the manipulations to avoid complying with the series of verdicts against it, however, it changed the game in my opinion.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173623 Dec 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be the games they play? In an ongoing soap opera here the regulatory agency over our power companies just gave duke permission to charge us for years for a plant they now say they never will build. Early on Obama was for it too on one of his many trips to our fair state.
I don't know why the Administration filed an appeal last year - the one that was turned down by the Supreme Court and lead to the most recent decision. The case became federal when the city transferred ownership of the land to the federal government.

That's got nothing to do with Duke in Florida. All the decisions about what they can charge and when they can charge it are made in Tallahassee.

Don't know about Florida specifically, but because of the high cost of building any kind of power plant, utility companies went to state legislatures or regulatory commissions and got bills passed or administrative decisions made that enabled them to charge in advance. Consumer advocates and their allies - the Ralph Naders of the world - fought that tooth and nail, but in many (most?) states they lost.

Of course, if the consumer advocates and their allies had there way there wouldn't BE any new power plants built - they always seem to find a reason to oppose any particular plant.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173624 Dec 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>This is just FYI 2. Not expecting any interest, but am making a particular statement: Many States have decided not to expand their Medicare programs, so those living in States which allow one to qualify for any type of 'socialized medicine'
should really just be glad they do qualify. They're the lucky ones.
If you didn't qualify for Veteran's Administration benefits, like 30,000 other veterans don't, you'd be 'a little MORE nervous...I'm guessing.
JMO
Who are these 30,000 veterans that don't qualify for VA benefits?

Location hidden

#173625 Dec 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Who are these 30,000 veterans that don't qualify for VA benefits?
Those 'less than honorably discharged', and those who've been at the trough too long.

Don't play like you didn't already know one could exhaust one's benefits as a veteran...

In any case, they're more 'nervous' than lis, about whether or not they ever get to see a doctor for health care, rather than trauma care.......which is the only kind of care they get when they DO get medical 'care'

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#173626 Dec 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the spelling error; but as far as the grammar and lower case violations, baby steps, baby steps Bob. LOL
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#173627 Dec 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange I read that and didn't get that from her posting at all. What I got is far left zealots are showing the world they are exactly what they claim to not stand, people of little to no tolerance. And I doubt many would object to a crescent moon or any symbol of other faiths.
uh, ever hear of a little kerfluffle about a Muslim community center in Manhattan?

and that, by far, ain't the only one.....

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173628 Dec 14, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Those 'less than honorably discharged', and those who've been at the trough too long.
Don't play like you didn't already know one could exhaust one's benefits as a veteran...
In any case, they're more 'nervous' than lis, about whether or not they ever get to see a doctor for health care, rather than trauma care.......which is the only kind of care they get when they DO get medical 'care'
I've never heard of a veteran 'exhausting' their medical benefits.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#173629 Dec 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You're right about the lawyers not profiting, although maybe there was some job security for San Diego city attorneys.
;-)
On the first amendment issue ... I don't know that the cross actually did rise to the level of an 'endorsement of religion' when the initial suit was filed against the city.
Once the city began all the manipulations to avoid complying with the series of verdicts against it, however, it changed the game in my opinion.
It will take a long while, but we'll see how it ultimately turns out. It's not an isolated issue, prayers at City Council meetings, for example, raise similar Constitutional concerns.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#173630 Dec 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I've never heard of a veteran 'exhausting' their medical benefits.
Nor have I, but don't forget this is also a conspiracy theorist.

"After 21 years, you never know WHAT'S gonna come thru those doors"
Rich Harrison (Pawn Stars).

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#173631 Dec 14, 2013
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>I missed the spelling error; but as far as the grammar and lower case violations, baby steps, baby steps Bob. LOL
Yep. Or in his case, LAZY steps!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#173632 Dec 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It will take a long while, but we'll see how it ultimately turns out. It's not an isolated issue, prayers at City Council meetings, for example, raise similar Constitutional concerns.
This is a good example of why YOU should stay out of correcting other posters' msgs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min inbred Genius 7,541
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 123,697
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min David S Pumpkins 286,533
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Just Think 681,847
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Huh 982,331
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 4 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr lil whispers 619,461
More from around the web