Bush is a hero

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#173578 Dec 13, 2013
Huckabee in 2016?

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/9390-mike-h...

I've listened to his radio program off and on. And he seems intelligent and level headed, insightful. I couldn't listen to his show daily because he brings God into it way to much for me. JMO.

I could look past that, depending on how he responds in a primary. Typically those candidates rely to heavily on their faith. By that I mean, he brought God into it way to much on his radio program, he may do the same in a primary or POTUS election. I think that hurts a candidate more then helps him. Again JMO.

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173579 Dec 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
I'm concerned that wanting to take a cross down from where it stood for decades will turn into wanting to take things down that have stood there for centuries because it appears there is a religious connotation. Can't people see that these symbols are a part of history and do not stand for trying to convert a nation. Los Angeles is named for the angels, San Francisco for saint Francis, San Antonio for St. Anthony. Are we going to change the names of all the cities that have Christian history?
It's what the taliban did in Afghanistan They destroyed a monument to Buddha that was there for over a thousand years, because of their government of Sharia law.
Atheists just need to get over it. If a cross makes them uncomfortable it must be because they doubt their beliefs.
You make such a great point. Some of the worlds most magnificent works of art, architecture, literature, and music are were created through the inspiration of various and varied religious beliefs through the ages and if with a snap of the fingers all of those things were to just disappear, people on every inahbited continent would be stunned at what was missing. But I suppose if atheists or anyone who is adament about the removal of religious based creations couldn't enter the Egyption pyramids because they were gone or see da Vinci's, The Last Supper or listen to Pavarotti's rendition of Ave Maria or see, hear or touch the unknown number of marvels around the world which came to be because of evolving civilizations, humanity and human beliefs, perhaps the world in their view, be a better place.
They're shallow, whiney and bizarre people with too much time on their hands who have no apppreciation of history and no tolerance for beliefs other than their own.

#173580 Dec 13, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Funny I should pop in here right after you posted that, Larry. Me darling hubby had a colonoscopy a week ago today. We were at the hospital for EIGHT HOURS :s but it was worth it, because he had a good report (only diverticulosis, not cancer or polyps), and it won't have to be done again for a long time :)
I TOTALLY sympathize with you on your feelings for Obama :s I didn't start out this way--I was prepared to like him, even WANTED to like him, but little by little I've come to almost hate him, as you have. I'm not proud of that, but it's the truth.
I've popped in for a moment, folks, to say that I will be very busy the next few days getting ready for and running my booth at Santa's Village, where I hope to sell some of my beaded items this weekend. That of course is why you haven't seen much of me over the last few weeks, and I may not be able to pop back in again until next week! I'm sure you understand. But rest assured you ain't got rid of me just yet!
Willie--I know that you did post a reply to me, but I haven't had time to read it carefully and give it the attention it deserves. But I promise you that I WILL be doing that by the end of the coming week and that I will let you know :)
Hugs to you all, and I'll be back in a few days :) In the meantime, cross your fingers for me. I know I won't be making a fortune, but me hubby and I can use every penny I do make.
Thanks Roberta,

The only reason I mentioned the colonoscopy was because it was one of the only advantages for myself personally that I was gonna see out of this mess, and they found aw a way to even take that away potentially.

Hmmm. Did I just really say a colonoscopy was gonna be an advantage? Something about that just doesnt seem right..........
;o)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173581 Dec 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You go first.
Let's not be impolite and answer questions with questions.
Go first with what?
This?

"Can anybody here explain the Republicans' compulsion to shoot themselves in the foot?
Now it's the budget deal."

Sorry, goofy but I rarely respond seriously to such insulting, inexplicit questions. And considering you and yours own the foot shooting nightmare called *** Obamacare,*** I think you better stay focused on that before you start yakking about budgets.

#173582 Dec 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I know how you feel. Little by little I am seeing the effects of the ACA, not for me but for my husband. Medicare is taking a hit, we're not making this stuff up. And it's not just us. My sister and brother-in-law both who have cancer are suddenly finding themselves put on the back burner. So it's easy to blame Obama but to be honest he seems as lost as the rest of us.
He is lost on it Lis, and that's part of the problem. As were finding out this whole mess didnt have anyone overseeing any of it. I think the problems are just beginning. As more and more of the law is unveiled we'll see more and more problems and issues.

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#173583 Dec 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
http://cnnpoliticalticker.files.wordpress.com...
What were you saying about putting lipstick on a pig?
Which pig gets lipstick, I see four of them in that picture?

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#173584 Dec 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Roberta,
The only reason I mentioned the colonoscopy was because it was one of the only advantages for myself personally that I was gonna see out of this mess, and they found aw a way to even take that away potentially.
Hmmm. Did I just really say a colonoscopy was gonna be an advantage? Something about that just doesnt seem right..........
;o)
That's what Obama Care is, a collective colonoscopy, only without any real medical benefits.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173585 Dec 13, 2013
Oh look......Obama won another prize!

Obama Gets PolitiFact's 'Lie Of The Year' Prize For Healthcare Claims

"News .Fact-checking website PolitiFact is out with the latest edition of its "Lie of the Year." In 2013, the dubious prize went to President Obama for his widely derided claim that, "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."

Many people, of course, found that they could not keep their plans, as the higher standards set by Obamacare rendered them null and void. The administration and Congress quickly moved in with proposed fixes to the mushrooming political problem."

==
Last year he won Time magazine's Person of the Year. This year he's liar of the year.....

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#173586 Dec 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Oh look......Obama won another prize!
Obama Gets PolitiFact's 'Lie Of The Year' Prize For Healthcare Claims
"News .Fact-checking website PolitiFact is out with the latest edition of its "Lie of the Year." In 2013, the dubious prize went to President Obama for his widely derided claim that, "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."
Many people, of course, found that they could not keep their plans, as the higher standards set by Obamacare rendered them null and void. The administration and Congress quickly moved in with proposed fixes to the mushrooming political problem."
==
Last year he won Time magazine's Person of the Year. This year he's liar of the year.....
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The next revelation will be none of us can keep our health care.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#173588 Dec 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Go first with what?
This?
"Can anybody here explain the Republicans' compulsion to shoot themselves in the foot?
Now it's the budget deal."
Sorry, goofy but I rarely respond seriously to such insulting, inexplicit questions. And considering you and yours own the foot shooting nightmare called *** Obamacare,*** I think you better stay focused on that before you start yakking about budgets.
Pot/kettle: your question was rhetorical and silly, Missy.

So never mind, and happy new year once again.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#173589 Dec 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You make such a great point. Some of the worlds most magnificent works of art, architecture, literature, and music are were created through the inspiration of various and varied religious beliefs through the ages and if with a snap of the fingers all of those things were to just disappear, people on every inahbited continent would be stunned at what was missing. But I suppose if atheists or anyone who is adament about the removal of religious based creations couldn't enter the Egyption pyramids because they were gone or see da Vinci's, The Last Supper or listen to Pavarotti's rendition of Ave Maria or see, hear or touch the unknown number of marvels around the world which came to be because of evolving civilizations, humanity and human beliefs, perhaps the world in their view, be a better place.
They're shallow, whiney and bizarre people with too much time on their hands who have no apppreciation of history and no tolerance for beliefs other than their own.
I won't argue with the last sentence at all.

The idea that the cross in La Jolla equates to the pyramids or Da Vinci's Last Supper ... that's not quite the exaggeration you have when you invoke the Taliban, but it's close.

Wonder what kinda conversation we'd be having if the memorial to veterans was a crescent moon?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173590 Dec 13, 2013
I also wonder why nobody's pointed out that the Obama Administration has appealed the the most recent ruling that the cross must come down...
;-)
UidiotRacemakewo rldpeace

United States

#173591 Dec 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberts reportedly said on record that he ruled as he did on Obamacare because as Chief Justice, he didn't want the panel to carry the stereotypical stigma of endless 5 to 4 decisions handed down based on political Ideology. IOW, he wanted everyone to know they were more flexible than that.
I rather watch Julia Roberts On TV, Women in Red, Exhale and inhale! abBABABAAAA

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#173592 Dec 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain why we are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money and we never hear about Welfare running out of money?
Because neither is "running out of money," any more than any other program is. it's not a matter of 'running out', it's a matter of 'voting in'.

It's just that we're not the voters in these elections....our so-called 'representatives are.

Social Security is solvent for the next 47 years. After that, Congress will have to appropriate more funds....at least that's the conventional wisdom, among those whose business it is to know.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#173593 Dec 13, 2013
-Roosevelt- wrote:
<quoted text>You don't strike me as someone who's polite, but most liberals aren't.
He goes out of his way to (try) to hurt people and his words are quite insincere. Thankful the very word of God he has a passion to deny stands for all men no matter if they believe or not. As you sow so shall you reap.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#173594 Dec 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I won't argue with the last sentence at all.
The idea that the cross in La Jolla equates to the pyramids or Da Vinci's Last Supper ... that's not quite the exaggeration you have when you invoke the Taliban, but it's close.
Wonder what kinda conversation we'd be having if the memorial to veterans was a crescent moon?
Strange I read that and didn't get that from her posting at all. What I got is far left zealots are showing the world they are exactly what they claim to not stand, people of little to no tolerance. And I doubt many would object to a crescent moon or any symbol of other faiths.
uIdiotRaceMAkeWo rldpeace

United States

#173595 Dec 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange I read that and didn't get that from her posting at all. What I got is far left zealots are showing the world they are exactly what they claim to not stand, people of little to no tolerance. And I doubt many would object to a crescent moon or any symbol of other faiths.
U should wear Crescent moon and Iron Cross to get reaction from both group! Bahhahaaaa

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173596 Dec 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
In the last twenty five years you've had far left zealots battling far right zealots over this cross, which only became a veteran's memorial in an effort to save it.

This fight's not about religion, it's not about culture, it's about politics, pure and simple. The only winners have been the lawyers, as the litigation has dragged on for so long in state and federal courts.
uIdiotRaceMAkeWo rldpeace

United States

#173597 Dec 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
And then Dark Ages came , you war mongers barbarians/plunderers ... had crucified works of many around the world, smited the Egyptain Nose of Sphinx,... Babahahahaahhaa

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#173598 Dec 13, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but smack me with what? Open or closed hand? Wet towel? Not that it matters much.
Sounds good to me. I'm in.
Of course you are...

You'd be 'in' if she threatened to sneeze in your general direction.

Pfft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min waaasssuuup 688,434
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Bongo 36,023
How did black people get here ( economically) 4 min Johnny 47
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,810
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 988,353
We do NOT need any walls! 6 hr Johnny 31
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 11 hr RFD 12
More from around the web