Bakersfield, CA

#173517 Dec 11, 2013
edit:
think they're invincible....

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#173518 Dec 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Laughing at you 'dude'. Still proud of the President? At least one of the leaders wrote a letter today apologizing for the stupidity of taking pics at a memorial. Not expecting the dear leader to man up though.
Instead of focusing on minutia, consider this:

"Let there be justice for all. Let there be peace for all. Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all. Let each know that for each the body, the mind and the sould have been freed to fulfill themselves."

Nelson Mandela

Far more worthy than dwelling on selfies. Significant thoughts.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#173519 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let there be justice for all. Let there be peace for all. Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all. Let each know that for each the body, the mind and the sould have been freed to fulfill themselves."
Nelson Mandela
Exactly, Catcher and don't you see that people are getting none of these things under Obama. He has not helped people get jobs, a method for getting all of those things. One of these days the money is going to run out and all those people will be without bread and water and salt and a roof over their heads and where will they be? You and I will try to help but it won't be enough. Jobs is the only answer and I haven't seen Obama do a thing about that. If I'm wrong clue me in and the fact that stocks are up is NOT the answer.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#173520 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nelson Mandela
"Instead of focusing on minutia"? Odd comment coming from an alleged lawyer, since minutia can make or break a case.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#173521 Dec 11, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, Catcher and don't you see that people are getting none of these things under Obama. He has not helped people get jobs, a method for getting all of those things. One of these days the money is going to run out and all those people will be without bread and water and salt and a roof over their heads and where will they be? You and I will try to help but it won't be enough. Jobs is the only answer and I haven't seen Obama do a thing about that. If I'm wrong clue me in and the fact that stocks are up is NOT the answer.
My only point is that we should take a moment to honor a great man.

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#173522 Dec 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Worthless troll is YOU!
What Do you expect? He's a 'Catcher'. LOL
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#173523 Dec 11, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>But I am concerned that I take up so much room in your brain.
Have to love the double standard. This is the same guy some time back that said you can get to know people in these forums at least on a small level based on info we share. Granted anyone can say anything but I do think over time you get a good picture. Funny how all of a sudden it no longer applies and you are judging without knowing. Lol.

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#173524 Dec 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
If anyone is interested
I talked with my Ins. agent this morning. The best choice for me was to go off OC and just go through the insurer. I didnt qualify for subsidies. I didnt expect to either. Anyone who owns a business is basically not gonna get a subsidy as they go by gross income meaning there is nothing you can deduct including the cost of goods sold.
The policies are a little cheaper off the exchange but not much. I did find out that some preventative is free, but not all. The only thing it covers for a male is a colonoscopy, but if that colonoscopy turns into a procedure its not covered. IOW if they find polops and remove them it goes from a free colonoscopy to a 5-8 thousand dollar procedure that goes toward your deductible.
No free doctor visits, no copays. I pay 100% until the deductible is met.$10,400 OOP costs.
I called the clinic to schedule an appointment for my physical they are booked until 2015. I can get in to see a PA in April or May, but i have to find out if they are in the network before I can even do that.
My agent said she had 200 group plans, and about 40 of them have called to cancel the insurance at the end of Dec. for their employees because they cant afford the policies.
When I talked with the hospital about appointments they were very little help as to whether or not the physical or any of the people I saw would be covered. They know very little about whats going on with the ACA and seemed to be about as confused about things as I was. They basically said schedule the appointment see the doctor or PA and turn it into insurance and see what they say. In other words 'punt'.........
I never thought it possible because of the type of person I am, but I am beginning to see and feel the hatred some people have for Bush that I now am beginning to develop for Obama.
It's easy to feel that way about Obama and his regime.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#173525 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nelson Mandela
His actions were miles above the joke of a man in our white house. I can't even begin to imagine how easy it would have been for Mandela to take a very different path and yet he proved to the world no matter how hard it is we can do better. He lived it. I for the life of me can't understand how now after years of seeing Obama knows how to speak but his words mean nothing why everyone doesn't speak out against this. I don't dwell on it Catcher its just sad to see this man is my President and to many people he is the United States of America. I've seen children in my church that better judgment.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#173526 Dec 11, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, Catcher and don't you see that people are getting none of these things under Obama. He has not helped people get jobs, a method for getting all of those things. One of these days the money is going to run out and all those people will be without bread and water and salt and a roof over their heads and where will they be? You and I will try to help but it won't be enough. Jobs is the only answer and I haven't seen Obama do a thing about that. If I'm wrong clue me in and the fact that stocks are up is NOT the answer.
This might be one of the rare times I agree with Willie. I really don't think a President can do much on the economy. Imo the best he/she can do is set a good tone and find a balance. Never seen things more off balance and a President that is so driven by being a partisan that like in the sequestration and recent shutdown he does all he can to inflict pain as much as possible no matter what. So off balance that he says outright we will go around Congress cause I know best with ex orders. So off balance that often he speaks without all facts in hands to local issues that don't even concern the executive branch and takes a bad situation and makes it so much worse.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#173527 Dec 11, 2013
Thought for the day. New York is advertising for businesses to come there, offering ten years without taxes if they do so. Why can't democrats in general understand that the path to a better economy is lower taxes. More businesses = more workers = more taxes. It's so simple.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173528 Dec 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were the nations flags at half staff for Mandela? He was the President of South Africa, no?
Executive order by President Obama. American presidents have ordered flags lowered in honor of foreign citizens in the past. Clinton issued the same order when Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated in the 90s, and Lyndon Johnson, did it when Winston Churchill died in 1965. George W. lowered American flags in honor of Pope John Paul II, in 2005.
==
Did you see the interpreter for the deaf during Obama's speech? I don't know sign language but it looked goofy even to me.
I thought he was telling Obama to either bunt or steal second base.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173529 Dec 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Just when I thought the dear leader couldn't get any worse he takes a selfe at the Mandela funurel. Who does this?
The ill-bred.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173530 Dec 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nelson Mandela
"Nelson Mandela is a leader who Barack Obama should try to emulate. He could start by spending 27 years in prison."

* Don Imus

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#173531 Dec 12, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nelson Mandela is a leader who Barack Obama should try to emulate. He could start by spending 27 years in prison."
* Don Imus
Barack Obama was never a terrorist ..... ever so he would skip the 27 years in prison. Nelson Mandela went to prison for treason and terrorist activities. Obama has never been guilty of either.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173532 Dec 12, 2013
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why did big government George W fly down with Barry O on Air Force One to the.Nelson Mandela funeral, while ole' Jimmy and Billy Boy had to find their own way down? Things that make you go Hmmmm....
One of the things I'm particularly fond of in this country is the civility we witness every 4 or 8 years when power is respectfully handed from one president to another, from one party to another, from one man to another. GW has gone to great lengths to not be critical of Obama and/or his policies even under the unrelenting blame Obama has assigned him the last five years. I admire that and if President Obama offered him and his wife a ride to South Africaon AF1 and GW graciously accepted, I admire that too. As far as Carter and Clinton arranging their own transportation, I wouldn't read too much into that. Those two do what they damn well want to do and it's unlikely anyones feelings were hurt. Besides, having four out of five of our living presidents on the same flight probably isn't recommended.
So anyway, their travel arrangments didn't make me go "Hmmm", shrug- my "Hmmm' is still tied up on why John Roberts from SCOTUS ruled the way he did on the ACA....but that's a whole separate issue.

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#173533 Dec 12, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The ill-bred.
Barack Obama's speech was excellent He received numerous "standing ovations".
Lost In Transition

United States

#173534 Dec 12, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Executive order by President Obama. American presidents have ordered flags lowered in honor of foreign citizens in the past. Clinton issued the same order when Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated in the 90s, and Lyndon Johnson, did it when Winston Churchill died in 1965. George W. lowered American flags in honor of Pope John Paul II, in 2005.
==
Did you see the interpreter for the deaf during Obama's speech? I don't know sign language but it looked goofy even to me.
I thought he was telling Obama to either bunt or steal second base.
Get with the season, missy.
He was calling for a safety blitz.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173535 Dec 12, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack Obama's speech was excellent He received numerous "standing ovations".
I'm glad you like him.
Tell you what. You can have him. I'll even throw in a couple teleprompters and as an added bonus for being the first caller, you can have his healthcare system too!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#173536 Dec 12, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
<quoted text>Barack Obama was never a terrorist ..... ever so he would skip the 27 years in prison. Nelson Mandela went to prison for treason and terrorist activities. Obama has never been guilty of either.
Tell it to Don Imus, the author of the quote.(Wear a helmet.)

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2008/06/don-im...

Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 2 min mikeyk 101
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kent 579,136
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Pokay 817,650
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 13 min stemaxgizmo 53,328
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 18 min dollarsbill 1,990
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min onemale 270,138
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min Epiphany2 609,866
More from around the web