Bush is a hero

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#173495 Dec 11, 2013
“The RNC sent out a flyer to some of its members talking about potential 2016 presidential candidates. Do you know what they had in common? They were all white. Where was Allen West? Where was Dr. Ben Carson? And have they ruled out the possibility that I might consider another run?”- Herman Cain on Fox News

Easy for you to say, Herman. If any of us say it, we're "playing the race card".
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#173496 Dec 11, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>To whom would you be willing to sell away our national parks, Chris?
Canada?
Japan?
China?
Iraq, perhaps?
(Our children's children don't need any damn recreational facilities, especially if they're regulated by the Feds...eh? Let's privatize 'em, and make sure only the truly wealthy...er, worthy...will be able to afford a camping trip to Yellowstone, or a visit to the Black Hills of South Dakota, or an excursion in the Great Smoky Mountains...yeah, I'm all about that....)
Lit is much better at saying this but I think we are in a bad situation. We may not make it. If we do ever dig out of this its going to take some extraordinary action. I don't really want to see the national parks owed by anyone but us but if we are critical shouldn't we do what we have to to save the nation? I know, just more paranoia.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#173497 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>To whom would you be willing to sell away our national parks, Chris?
Canada?
Japan?
China?
Iraq, perhaps?
(Our children's children don't need any damn recreational facilities, especially if they're regulated by the Feds...eh? Let's privatize 'em, and make sure only the truly wealthy...er, worthy...will be able to afford a camping trip to Yellowstone, or a visit to the Black Hills of South Dakota, or an excursion in the Great Smoky Mountains...yeah, I'm all about that....)
Flip a coin!
See any buyers you like?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/10/10/230...

Location hidden

#173498 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jOXFfgvtH7EXX
Thanks!
I'm even more depressed now than before I listened to that.

Salute!

Location hidden

#173499 Dec 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>Yep as I heard, Cedars-Sinai on the left coast and Sloan-Kettering
in NY, to name just 2 major hospitals, will NOT be part of the ACA.

Also numerous doctors (70%?) have said they will either retire early or refuse to participate in Obamacare. Thank God doctors cannot be forced to participate.

The Republicans won't hafta worry about repealing the HC law. Next year, it'll collapse on it's own. It's just unfortunate that's what
it will take b4 Obama and the rest of the ACA Democrats are made to come to their senses over something that never should have gone forward in the 1st place.

And that's yet another reason why the rookie-in-chief never should've been elected. People chose him over Romney, and got exactly what they asked for.
Obama is a sock puppet.
He had just the right mix of charisma and cool to get elected.

Nothing could have moved this fast without the groundwork already being laid. Possibly for decades or even longer.(imo)

Who laid it you say?
Glad you asked, Follow the money.

Regarding "The Republicans won't hafta worry about repealing the HC law. Next year, it'll collapse on it's own."

I don't think it will happen.
The Government will continue to fund it for years, success or fail.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#173500 Dec 11, 2013
If anyone is interested

I talked with my Ins. agent this morning. The best choice for me was to go off OC and just go through the insurer. I didnt qualify for subsidies. I didnt expect to either. Anyone who owns a business is basically not gonna get a subsidy as they go by gross income meaning there is nothing you can deduct including the cost of goods sold.

The policies are a little cheaper off the exchange but not much. I did find out that some preventative is free, but not all. The only thing it covers for a male is a colonoscopy, but if that colonoscopy turns into a procedure its not covered. IOW if they find polops and remove them it goes from a free colonoscopy to a 5-8 thousand dollar procedure that goes toward your deductible.

No free doctor visits, no copays. I pay 100% until the deductible is met.$10,400 OOP costs.

I called the clinic to schedule an appointment for my physical they are booked until 2015. I can get in to see a PA in April or May, but i have to find out if they are in the network before I can even do that.

My agent said she had 200 group plans, and about 40 of them have called to cancel the insurance at the end of Dec. for their employees because they cant afford the policies.

When I talked with the hospital about appointments they were very little help as to whether or not the physical or any of the people I saw would be covered. They know very little about whats going on with the ACA and seemed to be about as confused about things as I was. They basically said schedule the appointment see the doctor or PA and turn it into insurance and see what they say. In other words 'punt'.........

I never thought it possible because of the type of person I am, but I am beginning to see and feel the hatred some people have for Bush that I now am beginning to develop for Obama.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#173501 Dec 11, 2013
An interesting note on the colonoscopy. I asked the lady at the clinic how many people have a colonoscopy where polops aren't found. She didnt give me a percentage but just said that just about everyone has polops.

Hmmmm.......

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#173502 Dec 11, 2013
Funny I should pop in here right after you posted that, Larry. Me darling hubby had a colonoscopy a week ago today. We were at the hospital for EIGHT HOURS :s but it was worth it, because he had a good report (only diverticulosis, not cancer or polyps), and it won't have to be done again for a long time :)

I TOTALLY sympathize with you on your feelings for Obama :s I didn't start out this way--I was prepared to like him, even WANTED to like him, but little by little I've come to almost hate him, as you have. I'm not proud of that, but it's the truth.

I've popped in for a moment, folks, to say that I will be very busy the next few days getting ready for and running my booth at Santa's Village, where I hope to sell some of my beaded items this weekend. That of course is why you haven't seen much of me over the last few weeks, and I may not be able to pop back in again until next week! I'm sure you understand. But rest assured you ain't got rid of me just yet!

Willie--I know that you did post a reply to me, but I haven't had time to read it carefully and give it the attention it deserves. But I promise you that I WILL be doing that by the end of the coming week and that I will let you know :)

Hugs to you all, and I'll be back in a few days :) In the meantime, cross your fingers for me. I know I won't be making a fortune, but me hubby and I can use every penny I do make.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#173503 Dec 11, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Flip a coin!
See any buyers you like?
http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/10/10/230...
I'd way rather sell off a bunch of ridiculously expensive military equipment, which is currently rusting away in fields all over America, than America itself, thank you very much....

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#173504 Dec 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
If anyone is interested
I talked with my Ins. agent this morning. The best choice for me was to go off OC and just go through the insurer. I didnt qualify for subsidies. I didnt expect to either. Anyone who owns a business is basically not gonna get a subsidy as they go by gross income meaning there is nothing you can deduct including the cost of goods sold.
The policies are a little cheaper off the exchange but not much. I did find out that some preventative is free, but not all. The only thing it covers for a male is a colonoscopy, but if that colonoscopy turns into a procedure its not covered. IOW if they find polops and remove them it goes from a free colonoscopy to a 5-8 thousand dollar procedure that goes toward your deductible.
No free doctor visits, no copays. I pay 100% until the deductible is met.$10,400 OOP costs.
I called the clinic to schedule an appointment for my physical they are booked until 2015. I can get in to see a PA in April or May, but i have to find out if they are in the network before I can even do that.
My agent said she had 200 group plans, and about 40 of them have called to cancel the insurance at the end of Dec. for their employees because they cant afford the policies.
When I talked with the hospital about appointments they were very little help as to whether or not the physical or any of the people I saw would be covered. They know very little about whats going on with the ACA and seemed to be about as confused about things as I was. They basically said schedule the appointment see the doctor or PA and turn it into insurance and see what they say. In other words 'punt'.........
I never thought it possible because of the type of person I am, but I am beginning to see and feel the hatred some people have for Bush that I now am beginning to develop for Obama.
I know how you feel. Little by little I am seeing the effects of the ACA, not for me but for my husband. Medicare is taking a hit, we're not making this stuff up. And it's not just us. My sister and brother-in-law both who have cancer are suddenly finding themselves put on the back burner. So it's easy to blame Obama but to be honest he seems as lost as the rest of us.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#173505 Dec 11, 2013
An interesting note on the colonoscopy. I asked the lady at the clinic how many people have a colonoscopy where polops aren't found. She didnt give me a percentage but just said that just about everyone has polops.
Hmmmm.......
Mine just came back recently with 10 polyps which were removed at the same time. The VA covered this for me. Not only that, but a few months ago I would've had to travel to West LA (or Malibu) for this, and trying to find a designated driver for that excursion was nearly impossible.

The Dr told me to have another one in 3 years, as our family has a history of colon cancer. It's usually 5 years between, if polyps
found and 10 years if not.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#173506 Dec 11, 2013
If anyone is interested
Thanks for this info. I too remember when people would say of Bush he isn't my President. When Obama was elected I vowed to never act like. Looking at the never ending lies and excuses and outright disdain that Obama has for not only many if this nations citizens but for our allies,(most noteable Israel) I just don't get it. Thing is I don't think our problems are getting any closer to resolved no matter who is elected. When government leaders call people they don't agree with terriosts, tea baggers ect you see where the problem is. When some of those elected justify using the power of the government to target political opponents we have all lost.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#173507 Dec 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Lit is much better at saying this but I think we are in a bad situation. We may not make it. If we do ever dig out of this its going to take some extraordinary action. I don't really want to see the national parks owed by anyone but us but if we are critical shouldn't we do what we have to to save the nation? I know, just more paranoia.
Woe is you.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#173508 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is you.
Worthless troll is YOU!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#173509 Dec 11, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding "The Republicans won't hafta worry about repealing the HC law. Next year, it'll collapse on it's own."
I don't think it will happen.
The Government will continue to fund it for years, success or fail.
Maybe but I don't believe money will solve everything. If there are not enough drs and hospitals, not to mention the younger demographic to make the ACA work, plus the sticker shocks that millions are now experiencing and that millions more will experience next year, the population will demand changes.

Already the tide is turning against this ill-prepared law, so much so that the mid-term elections are favoring Republican control of both houses. Yes November is a long way off, but the issues that matter most to those that usually don't care all that much about the day to day operations in Washington, are long-term effects. And that translates to changes at the polling booths.

Latest polls show 50% don't like this law, 34% are OK with it and 16%
unsure. Not good for barry, especially when that 50% will likely go up substantially next year.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#173510 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is you.
Laughing at you 'dude'. Still proud of the President? At least one of the leaders wrote a letter today apologizing for the stupidity of taking pics at a memorial. Not expecting the dear leader to man up though.

Location hidden

#173511 Dec 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe but I don't believe money will solve everything. If there are not enough drs and hospitals, not to mention the younger demographic to make the ACA work, plus the sticker shocks that millions are now experiencing and that millions more will experience next year, the population will demand changes.
Already the tide is turning against this ill-prepared law, so much so that the mid-term elections are favoring Republican control of both houses. Yes November is a long way off, but the issues that matter most to those that usually don't care all that much about the day to day operations in Washington, are long-term effects. And that translates to changes at the polling booths.
Latest polls show 50% don't like this law, 34% are OK with it and 16%
unsure. Not good for barry, especially when that 50% will likely go up substantially next year.
Most people do not value their health until something happens to compromise it, especially young people. What I mean is that they do not believe it's worth money, like a car or a house or nice clothes. People have been shown to be willing to pay out the wazoo for those things, but put a big price tag on health insurance and everyone is upset. I know some really can't afford it, but that's not everyone. They will budget and sacrifice to have the car or the house but not for the health insurance.
I pay $1200 a month to remain on my husband's employee plan. I never go to the doctor, but I know if something bad happens it will be worth every penny. I think about all the cool things I could buy with that money, but have the experience and age to know that I need it. Obama didn't figure on this, and that young people are going to want the stuff. I'm not sure I blame them.

Location hidden

#173512 Dec 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Laughing at you 'dude'. Still proud of the President? At least one of the leaders wrote a letter today apologizing for the stupidity of taking pics at a memorial. Not expecting the dear leader to man up though.
Give him a break, Chris. Obama is probably worn out from apologizing to Michelle.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#173513 Dec 11, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, I admit I'm judging you on the content of your character.
Interesting! Your honesty for once is refreshing. And memorable.

prejudice (n)- to judge without knowing

Since you don't know us, nor have ever met us, you reveal your base prejudicial nature. Handy in interpreting your positions on a whole host of topics. thx.

Take care now.

Location hidden

#173514 Dec 11, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting! Your honesty for once is refreshing. And memorable.
prejudice (n)- to judge without knowing
Since you don't know us, nor have ever met us, you reveal your base prejudicial nature. Handy in interpreting your positions on a whole host of topics. thx.
Take care now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XbqvifFqtq8XX
But I am concerned that I take up so much room in your brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 13 min WaxBabydoll 423
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Catcher1 56,046
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Toby 106,068
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 27 min andet1987 2,331
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Michael 650,325
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 57 min WasteWater 23
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 971,787
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 20 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web