Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#173330 Dec 5, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's the thing, ain't it?
I'll freely admit that people with agendas over-reacted and outright fabricated certain things regarding Bush's alleged "talks with God", and so on.
To pull clear back the other way and deny any clues exist at all is just as much an over-reaction.
Political expediency is an easy and plausible explanation, when one is campaigning. Hanging with the likes of LaHaye may be written off as a necessary evil. Comments to Bob Woodward about not consulting his father about Iraq, but The Father...well, that is certainly interesting, when one considers his father's experience.
After one has completed the penultimate campaign, one is left to finally and truly follow one's own light, beholden to no other.
As one of the few public appearances made since leaving the fishbowl, choosing to speak at a fundraiser for the Jewish Messianic Bible Institute is a pretty good tell...
Let's put it this way.....I don't perceive George Bush to be an overly complicated man.....simple, compact answers seem to suit him just fine.
If you look at the record, national security (State, the NSC) went to moderate Republicans, with neocons at Defense and in the VP's office. All the hard religious right got was the DOJ, and Osama bin Laden derailed their agenda on 9/11.

I'm sure Bush did pray about Iraq, but if he didn't talk to his father about going into Iraq my guess is that advice came from neocons rather than God.

Just my opinion ...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173331 Dec 5, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's the thing, ain't it?
I'll freely admit that people with agendas over-reacted and outright fabricated certain things regarding Bush's alleged "talks with God", and so on.
To pull clear back the other way and deny any clues exist at all is just as much an over-reaction.
Political expediency is an easy and plausible explanation, when one is campaigning. Hanging with the likes of LaHaye may be written off as a necessary evil. Comments to Bob Woodward about not consulting his father about Iraq, but The Father...well, that is certainly interesting, when one considers his father's experience.
After one has completed the penultimate campaign, one is left to finally and truly follow one's own light, beholden to no other.
As one of the few public appearances made since leaving the fishbowl, choosing to speak at a fundraiser for the Jewish Messianic Bible Institute is a pretty good tell...
Let's put it this way.....I don't perceive George Bush to be an overly complicated man.....simple, compact answers seem to suit him just fine.
I just want you to know that when I saw the judgicon fairy had 'liked' my post, I went back and checked to make sure I hadn't screwed up in some way.

It always worries me when that moron(s) like what I say ...

;-)
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#173333 Dec 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I just want you to know that when I saw the judgicon fairy had 'liked' my post, I went back and checked to make sure I hadn't screwed up in some way.
It always worries me when that moron(s) like what I say ...
;-)
Apparently this is enough to make them go back and "fix" it...;)

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#173334 Dec 6, 2013
The Ugly American wrote:
Purple bears are stupid.
They're kinda like purple Teletubbies, gay!

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#173335 Dec 6, 2013
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a defiant statement, a spokesman for the fast-food industry today lashed out at fast-food workers’“outrageous and unacceptable demand to be considered human beings.”

Arguing that “granting fast food workers anything beyond a grim, scraping existence would put a serious dent in our profits,” the Fast Food Restaurant Council spokesman Tracy Klugian said.“Considering our workers human would be ruinous to the fast food industry as we know it.”

But Mr. Klugian was quick to point out that the controversy was about more than money:“It’s about dignity and respect—two things this industry has zero tolerance for.”

As fast food workers mounted protests across the country, the industry spokesman urged them to abandon their “reckless quest for human status” at once.

“They have to ask themselves, why did they want to work in the fast food industry to begin with?” he said.“Anyone who walks into one of our restaurants should realize that it’s no place for humans.”

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#173336 Dec 6, 2013
I am a Catcher wrote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a defiant statement, a spokesman for the fast-food industry today lashed out at fast-food workers’“outrageous and unacceptable demand to be considered human beings.”
Arguing that “granting fast food workers anything beyond a grim, scraping existence would put a serious dent in our profits,” the Fast Food Restaurant Council spokesman Tracy Klugian said.“Considering our workers human would be ruinous to the fast food industry as we know it.”
But Mr. Klugian was quick to point out that the controversy was about more than money:“It’s about dignity and respect—two things this industry has zero tolerance for.”
As fast food workers mounted protests across the country, the industry spokesman urged them to abandon their “reckless quest for human status” at once.
“They have to ask themselves, why did they want to work in the fast food industry to begin with?” he said.“Anyone who walks into one of our restaurants should realize that it’s no place for humans.”
Pure high grade heavily refined, bullshit. You're nothing more than a low rent political propagandist, piglet. <¦-o

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#173337 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Hey Mr Mason. You've failed to verify for the class if what I told the village idiot actually constituted a legal threat or not. What's yer "decision"?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173338 Dec 6, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mr Mason. You've failed to verify for the class if what I told the village idiot actually constituted a legal threat or not. What's yer "decision"?
Just speaking for myself, it was vaguely threatening but didn't rise to the level of a threat.

It was just simple keybored warrior conversation, one idiot to another.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173339 Dec 6, 2013
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>They're kinda like purple Teletubbies, gay!
Gay?

Well, they're happy enough to always be dancing, but I dunno ...

...kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene but it's alright

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#173340 Dec 6, 2013
WeirdoWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Gay?
Well, they're happy enough to always be dancing, but I dunno ...
...kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene but it's alright
Well sense I need to spell it out to you, seeing how you're a subjective kind of what ever the hell you are, here it is then:'Homosexual' not to be confused with gay.
Although, it would appear your purple Teletubby bear is doing a happy dance. <¦-o

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#173341 Dec 6, 2013
WeirdoWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Just speaking for myself, it was vaguely threatening but didn't rise to the level of a threat.
You're a vague kinda guy. <¦-o

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#173342 Dec 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Just speaking for myself, it was vaguely threatening but didn't rise to the level of a threat.
I have seen idiots convicted of making criminal threats not too different from bad bob's.

Sure, this is an anonymous thread, but stalkers do abound.

It was just a word to the wise.

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#173343 Dec 6, 2013
I am a Catcher wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen idiots convicted of making criminal threats not too different from bad bob's.
So you're insinuating, that the criminal justice system potentially has time and is concerned about perceived threats leveled at a Somali propagandist and pirate, posting out of Africa with a US proxy? More likely it's your lame attempt at internet censorship, something you lefties fantasize about. <¦-o
lisw

Delaware, OH

#173344 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see you think Bad Bob is threatening and that might be reportable. Now do you think changing what a person says to the press to make him look like a monster and even putting quotes around it is something someone could be charged with, like with a suit for libel?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173345 Dec 6, 2013
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well sense I need to spell it out to you, seeing how you're a subjective kind of what ever the hell you are, here it is then:'Homosexual' not to be confused with gay.
Although, it would appear your purple Teletubby bear is doing a happy dance. <¦-o
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and ignore the fact that you come back to implications of homosexuality with the regularity of a poorly raised, socially unskilled, early adolescent who just learned about such things.

If you're over the age of 15 you're embarrassing yourself, pal.

I guess the teletubby thing is another insult?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#173346 Dec 6, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see you think Bad Bob is threatening and that might be reportable. Now do you think changing what a person says to the press to make him look like a monster and even putting quotes around it is something someone could be charged with, like with a suit for libel?
Got an example?

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#173347 Dec 6, 2013
WeirdoWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and ignore the fact that you come back to implications of homosexuality with the regularity of a poorly raised, socially unskilled, early adolescent who just learned about such things.
If you're over the age of 15 you're embarrassing yourself, pal.
I guess the teletubby thing is another insult?
If I'm gonna take the time to insult you, is might as well insult your happy leftist purple teddy bear while I'm at it. <¦-o

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#173348 Dec 6, 2013
Edit * I'd might as well

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#173349 Dec 6, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Got an example?
I'm pretty sure she means this:
Catcher1 wrote:
But if its not against the law, how ethical is it?
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#173350 Dec 6, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Now Chris.....you know that I know that you of all people here see a whole range of beliefs amongst, and most unfortunately, between, those who profess Christianity. I've seen you swing the Lord's scythe, friend, separating the wheat from the chaff, and calling down God's glory upon your valiant efforts.
By your particular lights, of course....
I'll tell ya what's funny - how some can lump all believers together, or divide them all up, as it suits them.
And it sho' ain't just the "bashers" a'doin' it.
Is it now?
;)
Perhaps you've missed the times I've posted in the end one has the final word and our thoughts will mean beans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 2 min boo drew 146
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min hojo 649,920
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aura Mytha 56,400
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Hangman 972,410
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 50 min New Age Spiritual... 445,888
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 53 min Toby 106,060
bambam 1 hr brandy trujillo 5
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 10 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web