|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, whatever I say will not matter if it doesn't fit the narrative.
You are the main reason I don't talk about health care in this thread. I didn't talk about Benghazi in this thread - but I don't see much value in talking about 9/11 with SKL, either, and the reasons for both are identical.
You don't know my opinion of Obama. Some people have thrown about a comparison to Jimmy Carter lately, and I'm not sure that's wrong.
All you know - all you WANT to know - is that I don't share your view of him. You then employ the logic that six years ago lead Prof. Veritas and ETC to conclude I was a neo-con.
Say one thing for Veritas, though ... once I told him that I was NOT a neo-con, that I merely thought his criticisms of Bush were exaggerated to the level of absurd or beyond, he let that go. ETC never did - and I doubt you ever will.
I only respond to your accusations. Other than that I have no desire to respond to you. As for healthcare and not talking about it because of me, well thanks, that leads me to believe you know that I know something, and it is just more than you can go up against. Or it means you're just silly and don't have anything to say. Which of those do you wish to be? As far as letting go...don't make snide remarks to me and I'll pretty much leave you be unless you go overboard with the snide to other posters, that don't deserve that.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama go to heaven,
God addresses Al first.''Al, what do you believe in?''
Al replies: "Well, I believe that I won that election, but that it was your will that I did not serve. And I've come to understand that now.''
God thinks for a second and says: "Very good. Come and sit at my left.''
God then addresses Bill. "Bill, what do you believe in?''
Bill replies: "I believe in forgiveness. I've sinned, but I've never held a grudge against my fellow man, and I hope no grudges are held against me.''
God thinks for a second and says: "You are forgiven, my son. Come and sit at my right.''
Then God addresses Barrack. "Barrack, what do you believe in?''
He replies: "I believe you're in my chair."

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I only respond to your accusations. Other than that I have no desire to respond to you. As for healthcare and not talking about it because of me, well thanks, that leads me to believe you know that I know something, and it is just more than you can go up against. Or it means you're just silly and don't have anything to say. Which of those do you wish to be? As far as letting go...don't make snide remarks to me and I'll pretty much leave you be unless you go overboard with the snide to other posters, that don't deserve that.
It's your fantasy, so you should pick whichever one makes you feel best.

If you're looking for a suggestion, imagining that I don't discuss health care with you because I fear your vast knowledge probably strokes your ego better. That may not fit well with the reason I quit (you explained away a disagreement we had over insurance companies as me being anti-profit), but I don't think you'll let that get in your way.

What I know is that you THINK you know far and away more about health care in general - the system, if you will - than you actually do. You've made multiple posts over the years that I think prove that.
lisw

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>It's your fantasy, so you should pick whichever one makes you feel best.
If you're looking for a suggestion, imagining that I don't discuss health care with you because I fear your vast knowledge probably strokes your ego better. That may not fit well with the reason I quit (you explained away a disagreement we had over insurance companies as me being anti-profit), but I don't think you'll let that get in your way.
What I know is that you THINK you know far and away more about health care in general - the system, if you will - than you actually do. You've made multiple posts over the years that I think prove that.
You have such an over-inflated ego (not my diagnosis just general opinion here on this thread) that I guess I should know that any of your derisions, including this one is not about me, it's about you. So I guess I really have no reason to respond to you at all. But I probably will if just to hope that ego might possibly be checked. You might try bringing actual facts to the table about what you think people say here instead of just allusions. It would help your case. Without them you just seem petty.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You have such an over-inflated ego (not my diagnosis just general opinion here on this thread) that I guess I should know that any of your derisions, including this one is not about me, it's about you. So I guess I really have no reason to respond to you at all. But I probably will if just to hope that ego might possibly be checked. You might try bringing actual facts to the table about what you think people say here instead of just allusions. It would help your case. Without them you just seem petty.
My ego is inflated because I don't think you know nearly as much about health care as you claim?

Oh, wait ... I get it. I mentioned ego, so you gotta do the old rubber/glue thing and make it about mine.

Neat (even if more than a bit overdone) trick there, missy.

YOU are the one pretending I don't want to talk about health care because I'm 'scared' of your prowess on the subject, or that I don't have anything to say, in spite of my repeatedly telling you exactly why I've dropped out of the conversation.

Never mind the fact that we've attempted to get into it for five friggin' years and it's been a failure each and every time. Sooner or later you will get tired, bored, frustrated, whatever and resort to finding some made up character flaw or a convenient but still imaginary ulterior motive for saying what I'm saying.

That's just how you roll, lisw, and I can invoke the same lame "general opinion here on this thread" on this thread on that subject.

Oh, wait. The ones who might agree with that are not the good people. They're the ones with character flaws and ulterior motives like me, at least according to ...
lisw

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

here's a new fact that we did not know about. My husband gets medicare and his employee sponsored healthplan is his secondary. That provides prescription coverage. He does not need part D medicare. However he has to pay for Part D medicare even though he is not getting any benefits from it beginning in 2014. This is because of the Affordable Care act. These are the words of the Social security agent he just talked to. But i guess I don't know what I'm talking about right Willie?
lisw

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

You see the bill was over 2000 pages but the regulations are over 20,000 pages. I wonder who read that.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
here's a new fact that we did not know about. My husband gets medicare and his employee sponsored healthplan is his secondary. That provides prescription coverage. He does not need part D medicare. However he has to pay for Part D medicare even though he is not getting any benefits from it beginning in 2014. This is because of the Affordable Care act. These are the words of the Social security agent he just talked to. But i guess I don't know what I'm talking about right Willie?
Just listened to a man that said his wife WILL NOT be able to get insurance starting Jan 1 as she has cancer. Here in Fl the exchanges are run by the fed gov and this is what this person was just told by a rep after hours on the phone. Oh well, never mind a selling point of this joke was preexisting conditions would be covered.
lisw

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Just listened to a man that said his wife WILL NOT be able to get insurance starting Jan 1 as she has cancer. Here in Fl the exchanges are run by the fed gov and this is what this person was just told by a rep after hours on the phone. Oh well, never mind a selling point of this joke was preexisting conditions would be covered.
One of the things that everyone needs to know is that at least in Medicare you can call 10 times and get 10 different representatives and get 10 different answers. Suggest to her that she call again. If she gets the same answer twice chances are it's right.
I believe the answers people get will be based sometimes on age and sometimes on income. If you look like you have been blessed at all, with a relatively long life or a job that provides, they think you've been blessed too much.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

lisw wrote:
You see the bill was over 2000 pages but the regulations are over 20,000 pages. I wonder who read that.
That was impressive, leastways 'til somebody claimed they found the very "death panel" language that St. Sarah said was in there. After that it was like, "OK, just smile and nod and back away carefully..."
lisw

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>My ego is inflated because I don't think you know nearly as much about health care as you claim?
Oh, wait ... I get it. I mentioned ego, so you gotta do the old rubber/glue thing and make it about mine.
Neat (even if more than a bit overdone) trick there, missy.
YOU are the one pretending I don't want to talk about health care because I'm 'scared' of your prowess on the subject, or that I don't have anything to say, in spite of my repeatedly telling you exactly why I've dropped out of the conversation.
Never mind the fact that we've attempted to get into it for five friggin' years and it's been a failure each and every time. Sooner or later you will get tired, bored, frustrated, whatever and resort to finding some made up character flaw or a convenient but still imaginary ulterior motive for saying what I'm saying.
That's just how you roll, lisw, and I can invoke the same lame "general opinion here on this thread" on this thread on that subject.
Oh, wait. The ones who might agree with that are not the good people. They're the ones with character flaws and ulterior motives like me, at least according to ...
Yes. Maybe the problem is that I do know quite bit about healthcare, and you not knowing much are unable to judge that. It's pretty rude. When you say something related to law (and you weren't even a lawyer) I took your word for it, but even if I didn't I'd at least have tried to find a reliable source that disagrees with what you say. But not you. You do the stick out the tongue, and "you don't know nothin' " bit. BTW I also know quite a bit about social services and welfare, you know that "in the trenches" knowledge. But you know so much more cause you read it, in a book.(Books don't lie right Willie?)
Maybe you're a self-educated man. I respect that, but anyone's education is subject to the whims of the educator. You might want to admit that you read what you want to read.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

lisw wrote:
Miight it be the Dumb Interns! BAbababababababaaa
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they have. Both are shining examples of the upward evolution of the human race.
They called the American War mongering NeoCons and corrupted in US Power, lowly sycophants, the supporters of elite Corrupted Agendas ... the poster USA_1 fits the Bill! bAHhahahahahaaa

Hey Poster (anti) USA_1 will be thrilled to know! I want to get his blood pumping... he sure to developed Aneurysm , will insurance cover for preexisting condition. BAhhahahaaaaa

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

lisw wrote:
I don't think this is anything like the kind of information I've challenged you on, lisw.

Since you brought it up - your husband should have received a letter from his plan telling him whether his prescription benefits are compliant (pay on average what Medicare would pay).

If it's complaint there's no reason under the ACA he should have to pay for Part D. If it's not complaint, my understanding is that he could still opt out BUT that comes with significant financial risk due to the penalty for late enrollment should the benefits be needed.

Was the agent he spoke to a representative of the social security administration, or the agent for his plan that handles social security?
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It was a direct quote - hence the quotation marks.
I know...facts itch. It's much easier to just deny them, than to allow them to color one's perceptions. Have fun with that.
:)
Reminds me of the direct quote of Rush back when he was thinking about being a part owner of an nfl team. Most sports stations and many main stream news outlets ran it until it came out he never said it. The so called apology was a joke and the lib blogger that made it up got his cred.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>That was impressive, leastways 'til somebody claimed they found the very "death panel" language that St. Sarah said was in there. After that it was like, "OK, just smile and nod and back away carefully..."
Its good to know people like Sebellius are on top of things to make end of life decisions for us........

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/...
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Breaks the back of America?
Holy hysterical histrionics, batman!
I didn't bite on it because it was bait thrown out there by a troll.
Got no use for trolls - especially bad ones.
I pretty much have stayed away from a discussion of health care for a long while now. I've said so in this thread, and it's due to some of the mind-boggling disinformation that's been shoveled out there - the sort of stuff that could ALMOST make Obama phone upgrades and Palin's going to Canada seem credible.
Please note that I did not specify from whom the disinformation is coming from. There's plenty of it out there, with points and counterpoints enough to sink a carrier ... hell, to sink a fleet.
Like you, any number of people have selected a reason that fits what THEY want to believe as the reason I stay away from it.
So ... think whatever floats your boat. What I say means nothing if it doesn't fit the narrative.
I wonder if Ups is sending out disinformation in saying that come Jan 1 they will no longer cover spouses of drivers. I take note of it because I'm covered on my wife's plan. If next year we loose coverage we will not be part of this joke of a government run sham known as the complete lives system.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its good to know people like Sebellius are on top of things to make end of life decisions for us........
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/...
I guess it's good to know Hip can still name call folks as more people see our government in action. I'm thinking we should rewrite the constitution and a new right should be we all get new boats. And not some piece of crap lets go big. And put in everyone should have 2 nights a week at your towns best restaurant.
lisw

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think this is anything like the kind of information I've challenged you on, lisw.
Since you brought it up - your husband should have received a letter from his plan telling him whether his prescription benefits are compliant (pay on average what Medicare would pay).
If it's complaint there's no reason under the ACA he should have to pay for Part D. If it's not complaint, my understanding is that he could still opt out BUT that comes with significant financial risk due to the penalty for late enrollment should the benefits be needed.
Was the agent he spoke to a representative of the social security administration, or the agent for his plan that handles social security?
An agent from the Social security administration, thanks for asking. And do you mean "compliant?" Oh yes it should be, it covers more than medicare.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if Ups is sending out disinformation in saying that come Jan 1 they will no longer cover spouses of drivers. I take note of it because I'm covered on my wife's plan. If next year we loose coverage we will not be part of this joke of a government run sham known as the complete lives system.
They covered 10 million who didn't have insurance while the working class find themselves left out in the cold.

Saw an article today Titled: Obamacare signup exploded in November.

They signed up 100,000 people (doesn't sound like an explosion to me), meanwhile just short of 5 million got cancellation notices.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 165,301 - 165,320 of168,953
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

506 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min No Shiite 216,706
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Double Fine 679,817
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Michael 511,923
Ray Nunez PMG Studios Designer for Jordin Spark... 55 min Ripped Off Too 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 596,488
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr petesake 109,515
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 36,079
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 89,507
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr dragonrunner 232
•••
•••
•••