“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#173045 Dec 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
here's a new fact that we did not know about. My husband gets medicare and his employee sponsored healthplan is his secondary. That provides prescription coverage. He does not need part D medicare. However he has to pay for Part D medicare even though he is not getting any benefits from it beginning in 2014. This is because of the Affordable Care act. These are the words of the Social security agent he just talked to. But i guess I don't know what I'm talking about right Willie?
I don't think this is anything like the kind of information I've challenged you on, lisw.

Since you brought it up - your husband should have received a letter from his plan telling him whether his prescription benefits are compliant (pay on average what Medicare would pay).

If it's complaint there's no reason under the ACA he should have to pay for Part D. If it's not complaint, my understanding is that he could still opt out BUT that comes with significant financial risk due to the penalty for late enrollment should the benefits be needed.

Was the agent he spoke to a representative of the social security administration, or the agent for his plan that handles social security?
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

#173046 Dec 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It was a direct quote - hence the quotation marks.
I know...facts itch. It's much easier to just deny them, than to allow them to color one's perceptions. Have fun with that.
:)
Reminds me of the direct quote of Rush back when he was thinking about being a part owner of an nfl team. Most sports stations and many main stream news outlets ran it until it came out he never said it. The so called apology was a joke and the lib blogger that made it up got his cred.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#173047 Dec 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>That was impressive, leastways 'til somebody claimed they found the very "death panel" language that St. Sarah said was in there. After that it was like, "OK, just smile and nod and back away carefully..."
Its good to know people like Sebellius are on top of things to make end of life decisions for us........

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/...
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

#173049 Dec 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Breaks the back of America?
Holy hysterical histrionics, batman!
I didn't bite on it because it was bait thrown out there by a troll.
Got no use for trolls - especially bad ones.
I pretty much have stayed away from a discussion of health care for a long while now. I've said so in this thread, and it's due to some of the mind-boggling disinformation that's been shoveled out there - the sort of stuff that could ALMOST make Obama phone upgrades and Palin's going to Canada seem credible.
Please note that I did not specify from whom the disinformation is coming from. There's plenty of it out there, with points and counterpoints enough to sink a carrier ... hell, to sink a fleet.
Like you, any number of people have selected a reason that fits what THEY want to believe as the reason I stay away from it.
So ... think whatever floats your boat. What I say means nothing if it doesn't fit the narrative.
I wonder if Ups is sending out disinformation in saying that come Jan 1 they will no longer cover spouses of drivers. I take note of it because I'm covered on my wife's plan. If next year we loose coverage we will not be part of this joke of a government run sham known as the complete lives system.
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

#173050 Dec 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its good to know people like Sebellius are on top of things to make end of life decisions for us........
I guess it's good to know Hip can still name call folks as more people see our government in action. I'm thinking we should rewrite the constitution and a new right should be we all get new boats. And not some piece of crap lets go big. And put in everyone should have 2 nights a week at your towns best restaurant.
lisw

Mount Orab, OH

#173051 Dec 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think this is anything like the kind of information I've challenged you on, lisw.
Since you brought it up - your husband should have received a letter from his plan telling him whether his prescription benefits are compliant (pay on average what Medicare would pay).
If it's complaint there's no reason under the ACA he should have to pay for Part D. If it's not complaint, my understanding is that he could still opt out BUT that comes with significant financial risk due to the penalty for late enrollment should the benefits be needed.
Was the agent he spoke to a representative of the social security administration, or the agent for his plan that handles social security?
An agent from the Social security administration, thanks for asking. And do you mean "compliant?" Oh yes it should be, it covers more than medicare.

#173052 Dec 2, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if Ups is sending out disinformation in saying that come Jan 1 they will no longer cover spouses of drivers. I take note of it because I'm covered on my wife's plan. If next year we loose coverage we will not be part of this joke of a government run sham known as the complete lives system.
They covered 10 million who didn't have insurance while the working class find themselves left out in the cold.

Saw an article today Titled: Obamacare signup exploded in November.

They signed up 100,000 people (doesn't sound like an explosion to me), meanwhile just short of 5 million got cancellation notices.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#173053 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You gotta be kidding.....

Uh, you realize the point of the story was that Big Bad Sebelius >wouldn't< over-ride medical professionals and force a change in the policy? In other words, the Right was upset because she DIDN'T make the end-of-life decision they desired.

You guys are all against gov't intervention...except when you're for it. Is it any wonder your party is so topsy-turvey?

You do realize as well that the poor girl did get the transplant....and her body rejected it, and she died, exactly as the professionals said she likely would? I seriously wonder if you even know how this played out, if so it seems weird you brought it up as somehow "proving" something here, because it directly contradicts what you claim. Strange, and not just a little bit exploitative of a real-life tragedy, dude...

Anyhoo, this all means that a precious and rare organ went to an inappropriate recipient rather than to another for whom it may have had more chance of success....

ALL because of pressure from the public....

ALL because of an ideologically-driven story in the right-wing press designed to attack the Obama administration.

Well done.

C'mon, man, if you're just gonna lob 'em over the plate, somebody needs to get up in the bullpen.....
lisw

Mount Orab, OH

#173054 Dec 2, 2013
BTW I told my husband to try to forget about it. We all know this is about redistribution. Though we never made much in the early years we always paid taxes and now pay what I believe to be more than our share. But we're okay with that. My beef is and always will be that if we worked hard and can afford good health care then we should not have that taken away because someone might be jealous. I'm more than willing to pay taxes to help others get healthcare.
Lost In Transition

United States

#173055 Dec 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's so true. For instance you don't believe what was already out there for those without insurance because you never heard of it. And it does matter to you who says what. You are obsessing about that. My point has always been that people need healthcare and we had almost enough to make that happen. Just a few tweaks would have had everyone covered if not cadillac style at least well enough to keep people as healthy as possible. Don't flatter yourself that you are a reasonable person. You are so entrenched in defending Obama you refuse to see anything that is critical of him. You say "I don't talk about that" because it might put Obama in a negative light. You didn't talk about Benghazi, or the IRS either. Truth is you have very little to say except to bash others. Oops that would make you a troll. Yike! wouldn't it
When obama was first elected, and still of an unknown quality, he had a 70% approval rating. The other 30%, the RepubliBots, wouldn't have approved no matter what. He now has a 36% rating and the only thing keeping him afloat are the ObamaBots. Facts, figures, current events, history, common sense, none of these mean a thing to his devoted other than they'll just have to get a little more creative in their excuses and justifications. Should a main-stream Repub win the next election, which I really doubted before this obamacare fiasco, we'll just flip that hourglass that has 30% of the people already caked into each end.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#173056 Dec 2, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Maybe the problem is that I do know quite bit about healthcare, and you not knowing much are unable to judge that. It's pretty rude. When you say something related to law (and you weren't even a lawyer) I took your word for it, but even if I didn't I'd at least have tried to find a reliable source that disagrees with what you say. But not you. You do the stick out the tongue, and "you don't know nothin' " bit. BTW I also know quite a bit about social services and welfare, you know that "in the trenches" knowledge. But you know so much more cause you read it, in a book.(Books don't lie right Willie?)
Maybe you're a self-educated man. I respect that, but anyone's education is subject to the whims of the educator. You might want to admit that you read what you want to read.
I've never said you don't know anything, lisw - I've said you don't know as much as you think you do.

There's a big difference.

We've been all over this before, probably more than once, but this claim that you know and I don't is rubbish. As I've told you before, I've worked for a hospital and two insurance companies directly, always at the intersection of patients, billing departments, and insurance companies.

Additionally, the law firm I worked for represented hospitals, large medical practices, pharm and insurance companies, and we had to get involved in the nuts and bolts of how they operated to defend them from lawsuits (and in one the threat of criminal charges). That meant getting into coding bills, getting into claims processing, getting into policy cancellations, getting into all kinds of things.

You and I both know something about healthcare, lisw - but the health care system in this country encompasses a whole lot more than just providing mental health services and cutting your own bills, or any of the areas I have direct experience with.

Who's ego is on display here, with a claim that "I do know quite bit about healthcare, and you not knowing much"?

I don't think it's mine, lisw.

“The future begins”

every moment

#173057 Dec 2, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if Ups is sending out disinformation in saying that come Jan 1 they will no longer cover spouses of drivers. I take note of it because I'm covered on my wife's plan. If next year we loose coverage we will not be part of this joke of a government run sham known as the complete lives system.
Again, you need to look into it. UPS may be doing you a favor.

It's a little known fact that it may be cheaper for some to ask their employer NOT to cover dependents because the employee can save money by covering them on an exchange policy.

#173058 Dec 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be kidding.....
Uh, you realize the point of the story was that Big Bad Sebelius >wouldn't< over-ride medical professionals and force a change in the policy? In other words, the Right was upset because she DIDN'T make the end-of-life decision they desired.
You guys are all against gov't intervention...except when you're for it. Is it any wonder your party is so topsy-turvey?
You do realize as well that the poor girl did get the transplant....and her body rejected it, and she died, exactly as the professionals said she likely would? I seriously wonder if you even know how this played out, if so it seems weird you brought it up as somehow "proving" something here, because it directly contradicts what you claim. Strange, and not just a little bit exploitative of a real-life tragedy, dude...
Anyhoo, this all means that a precious and rare organ went to an inappropriate recipient rather than to another for whom it may have had more chance of success....
ALL because of an ideologically-driven story in the right-wing press designed to attack the Obama administration.
Well done.
C'mon, man, if you're just gonna lob 'em over the plate, somebody needs to get up in the bullpen.....
Not surprisingly its you who missed the point completely. She had the opportunity to do the right thing and failed. My point isnt that she decided not to get involved. Thats already been decided that the government will get involved and CAN get involved. The point is when they got involved they made the wrong decision.

I do realize she got the transplant, a judge made the decision. The girl was given 3-5 weeks to live and the request wasnt for just her it was for all adolescents with lung disease.

But I'm sure its as you imply here HIP Sebellius had all the facts and knew the girl wouldn't survive anyway. Come on Dude, the 10 y/o was worth the chance. The next 10 y/o that gets denied because nothings changed deserves the chance.

#173059 Dec 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you need to look into it. UPS may be doing you a favor.
It's a little known fact that it may be cheaper for some to ask their employer NOT to cover dependents because the employee can save money by covering them on an exchange policy.
I highly doubt anyones gonna save money by going from a group policy to the exchanges HIP. Just more liberal rehtoric.
Lost In Transition

United States

#173060 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Not surprisingly its you who missed the point completely. She had the opportunity to do the right thing and failed. My point isnt that she decided not to get involved. Thats already been decided that the government will get involved and CAN get involved. The point is when they got involved they made the wrong decision.
I do realize she got the transplant, a judge made the decision. The girl was given 3-5 weeks to live and the request wasnt for just her it was for all adolescents with lung disease.
But I'm sure its as you imply here HIP Sebellius had all the facts and knew the girl wouldn't survive anyway. Come on Dude, the 10 y/o was worth the chance. The next 10 y/o that gets denied because nothings changed deserves the chance.
Gotta agree, Larry. When you're talking about a child, you take the chance. Any chance. Even if you avoid the emotional aspect, it's a learning experience that may help the next in need. That's one of the bad aspects about how obamacare affects "high priced" hospitals like the Mayo or Case clinics. These are research hospitals, and worthy of the cost.
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

#173061 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
They covered 10 million who didn't have insurance while the working class find themselves left out in the cold.
Saw an article today Titled: Obamacare signup exploded in November.
They signed up 100,000 people (doesn't sound like an explosion to me), meanwhile just short of 5 million got cancellation notices.
The msm is doing all it can. And just think a short time ago news that most have already forgotten on people like Rosen at foxnews or the reporters at the ap.
lisw

Mount Orab, OH

#173062 Dec 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I've never said you don't know anything, lisw - I've said you don't know as much as you think you do.
There's a big difference.
We've been all over this before, probably more than once, but this claim that you know and I don't is rubbish. As I've told you before, I've worked for a hospital and two insurance companies directly, always at the intersection of patients, billing departments, and insurance companies.
Additionally, the law firm I worked for represented hospitals, large medical practices, pharm and insurance companies, and we had to get involved in the nuts and bolts of how they operated to defend them from lawsuits (and in one the threat of criminal charges). That meant getting into coding bills, getting into claims processing, getting into policy cancellations, getting into all kinds of things.
You and I both know something about healthcare, lisw - but the health care system in this country encompasses a whole lot more than just providing mental health services and cutting your own bills, or any of the areas I have direct experience with.
Who's ego is on display here, with a claim that "I do know quite bit about healthcare, and you not knowing much"?
I don't think it's mine, lisw.
Still don't get it do you? if you think my experience is just in mental health and cutting bills you haven't been listening. But why doesn't that surprise me?

“The future begins”

every moment

#173063 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah, now you're changing your tune. I'm used to it. You said, "Its good to know people like Sebellius are on top of things to make end of life decisions for us." Fact is, she >didn't< make an end-of-life decision, and now you've got a problem with that. In other words, "Sebelius bad, no matter what the real facts are."

You know organs don't just show up from the factory, right? They're extremely rare.

You know further that there is a loooong waiting list for those rare organs, right? These are real human lives also. Unfortunately for these these other human lives, they may not be as heart-tugging as a child. Who decides who "deserves a chance", as you say? The New York Post and the people they stir up, or a board of medical professionals?

What you're advocating is that the government get involved and over-ride medical professionals, because it's a child, and therefore makes a feel-good story whether she dies or not,

while at the same time another human life which stands a better chance of benefiting from the organ, according to those same medical professionals, should be bumped down the list, and possibly die waiting.

Even tho' I think gov't can and should get involved in universal health-care, the main knock I have against it is exactly this reason here - it politicizes professional health-care, NOT based on need or best practices, but on political gamesmanship. This story is a perfect example.
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

#173064 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I highly doubt anyones gonna save money by going from a group policy to the exchanges HIP. Just more liberal rehtoric.
I bring up ups because its our situation just reversed. If I do get kicked off her plan will take the fine. This is one thing I do agree with unhappy lesbo on. The end game isn't this is full gov run socialized healthcare. And I can't wait for a lovely person with the mindset I see at my local taxpayer dept when I get new car tags to run healthcare. When people are hurting and weak and sick that we know best and don't give a flip about you will be something to witness. Btw in Feb I was in a hospital here for a hernia. Staff was great and follow up care good too.
lisw

Mount Orab, OH

#173065 Dec 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be kidding.....
Well done.
First of all I don't know for sure which girl you are talking about but the one with the lung transplant, last I heard, she lived. But that is not the point. It saddens me to think that you are so cold hearted in the name of liberalism to call it a right wing story. The girl's mother went to Sebelius first and then she took her story to the press hoping she'd get an emotional reaction. I would have too. Are you really saying that this ACA didn't use heartstrings to get passed? Please, the stories of children with no healthcare, and then the glorious stories of how happy people were when they signed up. Both turned out not to be so true, but what does that matter when you're trying to create a legacy. Compare that to trying to save your child's life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Static Charge 775,926
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 559,735
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min preteen girl 605,086
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Dr_Zorderz 265,225
Tasha 20 min bigd33 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 43 min WasteWater 5,116
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 50 min EdmondWA 96,751
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr mannibterf 441,787
More from around the web