Bush is a hero

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#172770 Nov 24, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
If unions and employees want more public support, they have to offer an outcome that benefits society as a whole. Continued taxpayer extortion is not that solution."
Yep!

Location hidden

#172771 Nov 24, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>There is no question the unions advanced the working conditions for generations of Americans, just as there is no doubt they failed to adjust in the face of globalization and a fiat currency.
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I just really think you capsulized some truth here. Just wanted to say so....
That's mighty big of you.
Just wanted to say so...

Location hidden

#172772 Nov 24, 2013
UidiotRaceMAkeWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>do you know Roaches save lives?
IS TRUTH STRANGER THAN FICTION?
http://www.wral.com/ncsu-professor-s-remote-c...
lisw

Delaware, OH

#172773 Nov 24, 2013
Sure thing bub wrote:
<quoted text>
You and LisW are add odds, she believes in programs that receive state and federal subsidies. Let the debate between you two begin.
Don't be dense. The most conservative person and even libertarians believe that we are charged with taking care of the poor. We are all aware that our taxes are used for that, and yet believe in giving to charities that help as well. The problem lies in the volume of help being given and the control that government wishes to exert upon those who it supposedly helps.
I was just reading an article that said welfare phones or Obama phones what ever you want to call them are being upgraded to smart phones. With a catch. You have to sign up for healthcare, have to see a doctor within 90 days and have to pledge to follow the texts you get regarding what the government thinks is good for you, for example give up big gulps.(I agree big gulps are bad but I don't have the moxy to tell you not to drink them.)
Anyway the government has a way of going beyond the pale. Abortions at 20 weeks isn't good enough it's gotta be up to 40 weeks. Now 15% needed some help. No that's 15% don't have insurance, who knows how many can buy it and just don't want it. But they have to take a tear down the 85% everyone liked.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#172774 Nov 24, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats justification?
He believes it's about left and right, not right and wrong. I have never had a problem with subsidies to companies with new ideas for a very short period of time. Like an investment. if the company craps out you lose, if it makes it you don't need to keep subsidizing it.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#172775 Nov 24, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>He believes it's about left and right, not right and wrong. I have never had a problem with subsidies to companies with new ideas for a very short period of time. Like an investment. if the company craps out you lose, if it makes it you don't need to keep subsidizing it.
Yet we continue to do so, anyway....and those companies still take the cash.

This was the case long before our current President took office, and will likely continue with the next occupant.
Sure thing bub

Saint Paul, MN

#172776 Nov 24, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be dense. The most conservative person and even libertarians believe that we are charged with taking care of the poor. We are all aware that our taxes are used for that, and yet believe in giving to charities that help as well
The most conservative person may very well BELIEVE that but will never SAY that, it's political heresy.

lisw wrote:
The problem lies in the volume of help being given
The volume of people needing help these days is a problem, what is your solution?

lisw wrote:
I was just reading an article that said welfare phones or Obama phones what ever you want to call them are being upgraded to smart phones. With a catch. You have to sign up for healthcare, have to see a doctor within 90 days and have to pledge to follow the texts you get regarding what the government thinks is good for you, for example give up big gulps.
In Business they call them "Contractual Obligations" and use them as a standard business tactic, and so does the govt.

BUT, they don't have to accept the phones, do they?

Is the big gulp example your example, the example of someone you listened too, or a real govt requirement? It sounds made up, which probably means you couldn't come up with any real examples that justify your disgust.
lisw wrote:
(I agree big gulps are bad but I don't have the moxy to tell you not to drink them.)
You say all kinds of crazy stuff here, so I believe you might tell me not to drink it if it advances your cause.
lisw wrote:
Anyway the government has a way of going beyond the pale. Abortions at 20 weeks isn't good enough it's gotta be up to 40 weeks. Now 15% needed some help.. But they have to take a tear down the 85% everyone liked.
"No that's 15% don't have insurance, who knows how many can buy it and just don't want it"

YOU don't but that wont't stop you from rampant speculation.

"But they have to take a tear down the 85% everyone liked"

YOU don't know that either, the only healthcare policy I "liked" was the one I had when I was a "Union" member. I strongly suspect that 100% of those with healthcare are not all happy with it, I'm willing to bet everything on it.
Sure thing bub

Saint Paul, MN

#172777 Nov 24, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody should be subsidized. Don't know how to be more clear.

Sure thing bub
Dallas, TX
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#17275310 hrs ago wrote:
You and LisW are add odds, she believes in programs that receive state and federal subsidies. Let the debate between you two begin.

lisw
Lewis Center, OH
Reply »Don't be dense.

lisw
Lewis Center, OH
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#17277447 min ago

He believes it's about left and right, not right and wrong. I have never had a problem with subsidies to companies with new ideas for a very short period of time. Like an investment. if the company craps out you lose, if it makes it you don't need to keep subsidizing it.

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody should be subsidized. Don't know how to be more clear.

Sure thing bub
Dallas, TX
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#17275310 hrs ago wrote:
lisw

Delaware, OH

#172778 Nov 24, 2013
Sure thing bub wrote:
<quoted text>
The most conservative person may very well BELIEVE that but will never SAY that, it's political heresy.
<quoted text>
The volume of people needing help these days is a problem, what is your solution?
<quoted text>
In Business they call them "Contractual Obligations" and use them as a standard business tactic, and so does the govt.
BUT, they don't have to accept the phones, do they?
Is the big gulp example your example, the example of someone you listened too, or a real govt requirement? It sounds made up, which probably means you couldn't come up with any real examples that justify your disgust.
<quoted text>
You say all kinds of crazy stuff here, so I believe you might tell me not to drink it if it advances your cause.
<quoted text>
"No that's 15% don't have insurance, who knows how many can buy it and just don't want it"
YOU don't but that wont't stop you from rampant speculation.
"But they have to take a tear down the 85% everyone liked"
YOU don't know that either, the only healthcare policy I "liked" was the one I had when I was a "Union" member. I strongly suspect that 100% of those with healthcare are not all happy with it, I'm willing to bet everything on it.
I'm sorry Bub but you're too dumb to talk to. You're trying to get a rise, or you have no clue what I'm saying. Either way, it's just not worth it.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#172779 Nov 24, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I will pray for you Roberta, I can feel your concern. But it's going to be okay. I still try to have faith in the american voter.
Thank you from my heart, Lis. I do feel a lot more positive than I did when I posted that, and I'm sure it's because you WERE praying :)

Location hidden

#172780 Nov 24, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Contrary to popular belief Lis I dont think Obama gives much of a chit about the middle poor and struggling classes, At least when it comes to this. Its his legacy he's concerned with.
Lis and HL. Before OC I was going to get a catostrophic policy and a HSA.

Unless you can afford the gold policies, these silver and bronze packages are nothing more then catostrophic policies. The only difference between now and then is now you have to pay out the wazoo for the policy. Back when I was looking they were way under $1000.00 a year. Now they are 4, 5, 6 grand a year.
The funny thing is those cat policies are now considered bad policies, yet the majority of policies under OC would qualify as Cat policies from back then because of the amount you pay out of pocket.

HL these are my beliefs and I doubt they will be popular here, but what I believe is everyone should be entitled to good, quality HC and a free 16 year education.
Dont ask me how to do it though, its for much smarter people then me to figure out.
I've long been struck with how much Barack Obama and Bill Clinton have in common, BESIDES their politics. They both have egos roughly the size of Nebraska and both produce enough b.s. to fertilize the entire Midwest.

And both of them were and are WAY more concerned about their "legacies," their places in the history books, than they are about America's best interests. You'd think at least one of them would have realized that if he put the nation's best interests first, and thought later about how that would look in the history books, his legacy would have taken care of itself.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#172781 Nov 24, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry Bub but you're too dumb to talk to. You're trying to get a rise, or you have no clue what I'm saying. Either way, it's just not worth it.
Hey that's the very same conclusion I came to, Lis. Reminded me waaaaaay
too much of ETC. From the same part of TX too.
Chris Clearwater

Kansas City, MO

#172782 Nov 25, 2013
Just had a flashback to the 1988 hit movie Rainman. In a scene a doctor wants to know if Rainman is autistic. No he says. Our dear leader just said he is not very ideological. Sure, and he never lies either!
Chris Clearwater

Kansas City, MO

#172783 Nov 25, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you from my heart, Lis. I do feel a lot more positive than I did when I posted that, and I'm sure it's because you WERE praying :)
Power in prayer sister. I was again blessed to pray with a sister at church yesterday that's in her 90s. What a blessed assurance we have, all glory to the King of Kings. Hope everyone finds something to be thankful for. Later gator!
Sure thing bub

Saint Paul, MN

#172785 Nov 25, 2013
Run away.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry Bub but you're too dumb to talk to. You're trying to get a rise, or you have no clue what I'm saying. Either way, it's just not worth it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#172786 Nov 25, 2013
Sure thing bub wrote:
Run away.
<quoted text>
Nah "add odds", jes' walkin' away.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172787 Nov 25, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>I've long been struck with how much Barack Obama and Bill Clinton have in common, BESIDES their politics. They both have egos roughly the size of Nebraska and both produce enough b.s. to fertilize the entire Midwest.
And both of them were and are WAY more concerned about their "legacies," their places in the history books, than they are about America's best interests. You'd think at least one of them would have realized that if he put the nation's best interests first, and thought later about how that would look in the history books, his legacy would have taken care of itself.
This OC is gonna is gonna fail.

Just out of curiousity I went to find the best possible policy I could get. 13 grand out of pocket for the year. That isnt even close to the best catostrophic policy I could have gotten 4 years ago. at a fraction of the cost.

If he only would have concentrated on limiting spending and bringing the economy back he could maybe have had a legacy of the greatest POTUS ever, if he could have pulled it off. But you nailed it his self centeredness wouldn't let him. It had to be about him and not the American people........

Location hidden

#172788 Nov 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Just had a flashback to the 1988 hit movie Rainman. In a scene a doctor wants to know if Rainman is autistic. No he says. Our dear leader just said he is not very ideological. Sure, and he never lies either!
I saw that yesterday. Obama says he is "not very ideological." Uh huh. Barack Obama, of all people, claiming he's not very ideological :D By now, the man has told so many lies, that if he looked at me and told me I was a woman, I'd still unbutton my blouse to check.

Location hidden

#172789 Nov 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Power in prayer sister. I was again blessed to pray with a sister at church yesterday that's in her 90s. What a blessed assurance we have, all glory to the King of Kings. Hope everyone finds something to be thankful for. Later gator!
Amen, Chris, and thanks, I needed that :)

Location hidden

#172790 Nov 25, 2013
Sure thing bub wrote:
Run away.
<quoted text>
LOL

You know NOTHING about Lis. And I seriously doubt whether you'll have the staying power to be around long enough to find out how completely wrong you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Just Think 17,380
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 21 min andet1987 86
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 983,251
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,421
K9.....remembering.... 3 hr knightsdolive 1
getting pregnant by much older man 3 hr knightsdolive 2
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 7 hr lovekiki 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 hr Robert F 683,926
More from around the web