Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#172566 Nov 20, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, let's.
But let's be "fair and balanced" and place them right next to Congress' numbers, m'kay?
hoo hoo hoo
For fun, here's a graphic on how the candidates fell on the Political Compass matrix in 2008.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection200...
No, let's not. Let's take a look at HIS numbers. Or are of you from the school of:
THE BUCK STOPS SOMEPLACE ELSE

The job of a president is to LEAD a successful and productive congress and if he didn't have the skills to do that, he shouldn't of accepted the nomination. PERIOD.

Guess that's what you get when you make a community organizer the POTUS. Kind of like promoting a lifeguard to an admiral cause he worked near water and likes boats.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#172567 Nov 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand Identity theft? Yes the government gave him his SS# but it's not the government that is going to steal his info. They have already shown the site is not secured.
I call "Strawman". There are a vast number of vectors through which our identity can be stolen, far easier than any standard website, much less a gov't site. It's just another scary strawman to prop up to scare the town-folk. Have you got any of those little "reward" thingees hanging from your keyring? Security risk. Have you updated your computer? Security risk. Do you get the receipt from every credit card purchase? Security risk. Did you set your computer ActiveX controls? Security risk. Do you have any on-line accounts, anywhere? Security risk. Did you ask all your current insurance providers if all their employees have rec'd a background check? Security risk.

This is all just maintenance work on the right-wing ObamaCare boogeyman.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You assume that :
1) the cancellation would have occurred without Obamacare
2) he can even afford the exchange rate and the deductibles.
I couldn't. thank goodness my individual insurance has not been cancelled...yet. I have a few years until Medicare.
No, I have no doubt the cancellation occurred due to the insurance company manipulating the situation. It ain't any different than the oil companies hiking prices every time a Saudi prince gets a sniffle. "Take advantage of any pretense to gouge the customer" is an age-old business practice. Obama provides a ready villain. And no, I don't "assume he can afford the exchange rate...". That's exactly what I said, if he hasn't looked, then nobody knows.

The only thing I can safely "assume" is you rarely read people's posts before you leap to conclusions, because again, you missed (avoided?) my point.

If he hasn't checked the exchange, then the story is not complete. Since he's obviously deeply involved in gov't subsidy programs, he has no problem giving out his info when it benefits him. He is a close friend, a great guy, but politically, also a devout right-winger, which provides us both no end of fun, as you can imagine. Anyways, knowing that, the only possible reason he refused to at least check was out of an ideologically driven compulsion to avoid possible affirmation that the talking point boogeyman MIGHT just be a guy trying to save him money. How could he hold his head up at church if he bought through the devil's exchange?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#172568 Nov 20, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'd never seen a real Napoleonic complex...until now I think. You will probably self-destruct at some point, but my fear is not without hurting some people along the way. I don't mean physically but I hope you recognize your limitations before Waterloo.
I assure you that there is no reason to fear.

I have been around for quite a while, my feet are planted solidly on the ground, my own life is good, and self-destruction is not an option.

Sorry. I do understand your wish that those you oppose will self-destruct. Your posts regarding President Obama make your hopes very clear.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#172569 Nov 20, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
I call "Strawman". There are a vast number of vectors through which our identity can be stolen, far easier than any standard website, much less a gov't site. It's just another scary strawman to prop up to scare the town-folk. Have you got any of those little "reward" thingees hanging from your keyring? Security risk. Have you updated your computer? Security risk. Do you get the receipt from every credit card purchase? Security risk. Did you set your computer ActiveX controls? Security risk. Do you have any on-line accounts, anywhere? Security risk. Did you ask all your current insurance providers if all their employees have rec'd a background check? Security risk.
This is all just maintenance work on the right-wing ObamaCare boogeyman.
<quoted text>No, I have no doubt the cancellation occurred due to the insurance company manipulating the situation. It ain't any different than the oil companies hiking prices every time a Saudi prince gets a sniffle. "Take advantage of any pretense to gouge the customer" is an age-old business practice. Obama provides a ready villain. And no, I don't "assume he can afford the exchange rate...". That's exactly what I said, if he hasn't looked, then nobody knows.
The only thing I can safely "assume" is you rarely read people's posts before you leap to conclusions, because again, you missed (avoided?) my point.
If he hasn't checked the exchange, then the story is not complete. Since he's obviously deeply involved in gov't subsidy programs, he has no problem giving out his info when it benefits him. He is a close friend, a great guy, but politically, also a devout right-winger, which provides us both no end of fun, as you can imagine. Anyways, knowing that, the only possible reason he refused to at least check was out of an ideologically driven compulsion to avoid possible affirmation that the talking point boogeyman MIGHT just be a guy trying to save him money. How could he hold his head up at church if he bought through the devil's exchange?
"MOM, the Obamacare salesman is at the door again......"
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#172570 Nov 20, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
I call "Strawman". There are a vast number of vectors through which our identity can be stolen, far easier than any standard website, much less a gov't site. It's just another scary strawman to prop up to scare the town-folk. Have you got any of those little "reward" thingees hanging from your keyring? Security risk. Have you updated your computer? Security risk. Do you get the receipt from every credit card purchase? Security risk. Did you set your computer ActiveX controls? Security risk. Do you have any on-line accounts, anywhere? Security risk. Did you ask all your current insurance providers if all their employees have rec'd a background check? Security risk.
This is all just maintenance work on the right-wing ObamaCare boogeyman.
<quoted text>No, I have no doubt the cancellation occurred due to the insurance company manipulating the situation. It ain't any different than the oil companies hiking prices every time a Saudi prince gets a sniffle. "Take advantage of any pretense to gouge the customer" is an age-old business practice. Obama provides a ready villain. And no, I don't "assume he can afford the exchange rate...". That's exactly what I said, if he hasn't looked, then nobody knows.
The only thing I can safely "assume" is you rarely read people's posts before you leap to conclusions, because again, you missed (avoided?) my point.
If he hasn't checked the exchange, then the story is not complete. Since he's obviously deeply involved in gov't subsidy programs, he has no problem giving out his info when it benefits him. He is a close friend, a great guy, but politically, also a devout right-winger, which provides us both no end of fun, as you can imagine. Anyways, knowing that, the only possible reason he refused to at least check was out of an ideologically driven compulsion to avoid possible affirmation that the talking point boogeyman MIGHT just be a guy trying to save him money. How could he hold his head up at church if he bought through the devil's exchange?
Oh Hip, I just hope you'll be okay.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#172571 Nov 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you that there is no reason to fear.
I have been around for quite a while, my feet are planted solidly on the ground, my own life is good, and self-destruction is not an option.
Sorry. I do understand your wish that those you oppose will self-destruct. Your posts regarding President Obama make your hopes very clear.
I've been quite benign about Obama. You're confused again. I know it's hard to keep straight all the pretend relationships you have.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172572 Nov 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you that there is no reason to fear.
I have been around for quite a while, my feet are planted solidly on the ground, my own life is good,
We know, you remind us every other post......

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172573 Nov 20, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And Rubio was on last night saying he found a clause in the ACA bill that allows the fed to subsidize (read bail out) private insurance companies that are not making enough under obamacare.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/ru...
Topix must have eaten my response to this.

I at first believed this was a way to a single payer system, but am starting to wonder if it wasnt just some payday for ins. companies.

It would be interesting to see the politicians stock portfolios and whether or not they invested in insurance companies and when......

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172574 Nov 20, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking with a conservative friend recently, a farmer, who'd also just rec'd one of the infamous "cancellation" notices from their benevolent insurance company. I asked him if he'd at least checked the IL exchange to see if it saved him money. "No! I'm not going to give them my Social Security number and stuff!"
I said, "Gary, do you think 'they' don't know your SS#? Who do you think assigned it to you? I'll bet 'they've' got that and more when you file for your gov't subsidies."
This is what I mean about cutting off your nose to spite your face. His objection was not financial, it was pure ideology.
That may have been Gary's response but I can assure you its financial with the vast majority of us. Get back to me when its gonna cost you 5 grand extra and then we'll talk.

And I'm not afraid of the subsidy workers having access to my numbers although I do find it hard to believe they dont have to have background checks, its the scammers that hack into sites like that for the purpose of getting those valuable numbers.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172575 Nov 20, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
He had insurance, now he doesn't. Not because of the "benevolent" working with those numbers where should his focus be?
On his legacy?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#172576 Nov 20, 2013
"Washington (CNN)-- A Republican member of Congress in charge of investigating the Benghazi attacks in which four Americans were killed said Monday that questions remain about what happened that night but he does not think the Obama administration formulated a "complete cover-up."

Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, R-Georgia, chair of a House Intelligence subcommittee, said incompetence is the likely culprit. "I don't think they knew what they were doing," he said."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/politics/westmo...

Whew! That's a relief. Benghazi wasn't a "complete cover-up," it was only incompetence!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172577 Nov 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Next time you are forced to provide sylivia samples, call me.
Maybe you should just focus on those clients that dont realize your on topix all day.......

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172578 Nov 20, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
I call "Strawman". There are a vast number of vectors through which our identity can be stolen, far easier than any standard website, much less a gov't site. It's just another scary strawman to prop up to scare the town-folk. Have you got any of those little "reward" thingees hanging from your keyring? Security risk. Have you updated your computer? Security risk. Do you get the receipt from every credit card purchase? Security risk. Did you set your computer ActiveX controls? Security risk. Do you have any on-line accounts, anywhere? Security risk. Did you ask all your current insurance providers if all their employees have rec'd a background check? Security risk.
This is all just maintenance work on the right-wing ObamaCare boogeyman.
<quoted text>No, I have no doubt the cancellation occurred due to the insurance company manipulating the situation. It ain't any different than the oil companies hiking prices every time a Saudi prince gets a sniffle. "Take advantage of any pretense to gouge the customer" is an age-old business practice. Obama provides a ready villain. And no, I don't "assume he can afford the exchange rate...". That's exactly what I said, if he hasn't looked, then nobody knows.
The only thing I can safely "assume" is you rarely read people's posts before you leap to conclusions, because again, you missed (avoided?) my point.
If he hasn't checked the exchange, then the story is not complete. Since he's obviously deeply involved in gov't subsidy programs, he has no problem giving out his info when it benefits him. He is a close friend, a great guy, but politically, also a devout right-winger, which provides us both no end of fun, as you can imagine. Anyways, knowing that, the only possible reason he refused to at least check was out of an ideologically driven compulsion to avoid possible affirmation that the talking point boogeyman MIGHT just be a guy trying to save him money. How could he hold his head up at church if he bought through the devil's exchange?
Why dont you go on to the exchange with him and put your numbers on there just to show him how safe it is..........

Have you been on the exchange? what are the numbers like HIP? Did they go down, like Obama said they would?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172579 Nov 20, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>No, I have no doubt the cancellation occurred due to the insurance company manipulating the situation. It ain't any different than the oil companies hiking prices every time a Saudi prince gets a sniffle. "Take advantage of any pretense to gouge the customer" is an age-old business practice. Obama provides a ready villain. And no, I don't "assume he can afford the exchange rate...". That's exactly what I said, if he hasn't looked, then nobody knows.
Unbelievable........
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#172580 Nov 20, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should just focus on those clients that dont realize your on topix all day.......
He's suggesting posters contact him if they need a lawyer. Must be a lot of blank pages in his appointment book. Plus, using >lawyer< who lives on Topix seems a little risky.
It's kinda like shopping for a dinner date from a phone number you found on a public restroom wall.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#172581 Nov 20, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, you want Obama to share the blame? So precious.
Too bad GW Bush didn't get the same consideration when all of congress looked at the same intelligence and decided to go into Iraq. Too bad he didn't get the same consideration when every ally we had saw the same intelligence and agreed to go into Iraq.
But no siree. It didn't wash out that way.
Bush lied and people died.
What were you saying about right wing rhetoric?
Now this is odd. I have no idea why you bring Bush and Iraq in, except to misdirect? I must say you do this with all the finesse of a bullrider.

OK, I can multi-task, tho' if history is any teacher, we'll be far away from the topic you're avoiding by the time we're done. Nice strategery.

Congress agreed, yes. But the intelligence they acted on was that provided by the administration. Makes quite a difference. Suckered 'em right in and to this day they have to own it. Well done again, Republicans. Our guys are babes in the woods when it comes to cut-throat realpolitik.

It was similar intel to what they sent with Powell to the UN, the difference being there they were speaking to nations with their own intelligence gathering efforts, which is why the eventual "multi-national coalition" was composed of such powers as the US, the UK, and......Heregovina.

Now, I didn't say "bush lied, people died" so don't be pinning that one on me either. You're really bad about that. I've never said that.

I will say that beyond question, Bush's PEOPLE did hyper-select intelligence to satisfy a pre-determined outcome AND they systematically shunted out opposing views, so in that sense, yes THEY lied ---- to themselves, and so to the nation. I suspect many, inc. Gomer Bush, TRULY believed they would be vindicated by the discovery of the pre-invasion rationales of WMD and an al Qaeda connection (which neither happened), so I won't say it was malicious, but it was a sure path to a faulty conclusion. But I won't pin it right on Bush. By all accounts he was just the aw-shucks poster boy for election, and didn't begin to take charge of his admin until at least 2006.
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>And btw Hip, Obama doesn't have the reputation of proposing "stuff" to congress. It's been a complaint of the R's congress ever since he got there. He and his little tight knit pack of cronies make decisions and inform congress....or he just skips that part and issues an executive order on a Saturday night at 1:00am when no one's around.

Your denial is of what's going on is disturbing..
Your perception of what is "disturbing" is disturbing. Take a Xanax, I don't have anything to do with national policy, except with one vote and my Congresspeople's email.

Oh yeah. And your premise is utter revisionist bs. Yes, he has finally learned they won't play, so he's resorted to these practices as you say, but in the first 3-4 years the naive bastard seemed to really think they were there to work together. Why do you think he's had to struggle with his own base from the git? Jesu Cristo, Lyndi, you dance enough about his slip in polls, now you're going to tell me you really haven't thought about what it all entails? I'm so disillusioned.

Case-in-point - this is EXACTLY why his health-care proposal of 2008 morphed into the monster that you hate today BECAUSE he let Congress "work out the details". Just one example of how he let the party agenda get batted around for four years. Apparently now he's finally learned he's going to have to play their way - rough. And you don't like it? Good - it's working. To quote Lyndi - hahahahaha;)

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#172582 Nov 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you that there is no reason to fear.
I have been around for quite a while, my feet are planted solidly on the ground, my own life is good, and self-destruction is not an option.
Sorry. I do understand your wish that those you oppose will self-destruct. Your posts regarding President Obama make your hopes very clear.
I don't think she really wishes anyone would self destruct.

I mean, an lisw diagnosis of some mental defect or disorder simply means she disagrees with you. It's just not to be taken seriously.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#172583 Nov 20, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you go on to the exchange with him and put your numbers on there just to show him how safe it is..........
Have you been on the exchange? what are the numbers like HIP? Did they go down, like Obama said they would?
I'd love to, just for the info, but haven't had to, because mine hasn't changed any more than the same rate increases and coverage erosions we've seen over the last 30 years. Looks to me like most people in here are in the same boat, which is why I asked the question the other day, and you were the only one with a direct experience. I forget, did you go on the exchange yet?
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#172584 Nov 20, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think she really wishes anyone would self destruct.
I mean, an lisw diagnosis of some mental defect or disorder simply means she disagrees with you. It's just not to be taken seriously.
That's not a professional term, honey, it's a social one used by a myriad of lay people. At least get something right.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#172585 Nov 20, 2013
Willie Willie, Hip used the word Xanax. Is he making a diagnosis?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Insults Are Easier 270,679
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 6 min remembrances5148 47
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 6 min apg 25
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min waaasssuuup 611,833
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min truthandcommonsense 3,576
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 17 min thetruth 9,338
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min love_spell 442,881
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min Darwins Stepchild 828,786
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min oxbow 584,436
More from around the web