Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me why Obama wasn't be at the ceremony at Gettysburg today celebrating it's 150th anniversary.
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
November 19th, 1863
I don't know.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadder? Maybe. I see him dfferently. I see an elder statesman who has poured his heart and soul into this country and he's getting tired..... and older. Remarkable life..... Not sure what kind of president he would have made. I voted for him in 08 but he never looked comfortable running in that election.
I admire the man as well. It's not an easy thing to acknowledge but in honesty I have to confront it. John McCain made a considered decision to change, at least on the surface, in order to achieve a desired goal. Change is not a bad thing, but in this case it smacks of expediency rather than conviction, and we instinctively don't trust such a change, like the man or not.

I don't indict the man, I indict a corrupted system that forces a good man to choose pompous pretense or genteel oblivion.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Boy for somebody that regularly uses sarcasm as a crutch and shield, it just slips you by completely when somebody else does it, don't it?
Depends on who the doer is, rk.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha
OK, that was funny.
Just an old one recycled, chaser.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I think one of the unintended consequences of the obamacare boondoggle is the destruction of any chance we'll see a single payer system in the foreseeable future. obamacare may not set back liberalism for a generation, but it certainly will a nationalized healthcare system. They goofed big time on this one.
Thanks to obama, that gorilla is being well fed. I'll bet the Republicans wish they hadn't sold their shares in that "wholly owned subsidiary".
A letter by Jessica Sanford to Obama, and touted by him during a speech, backfires. Each & every day the barnacles on the Obamacare boat are
growing and will likely sink this garbage scow eventually.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/...
UidiotRaceMAkeWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse
me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."
The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees,
14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.
She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican.
"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"
"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."
The man smiled and responded, "You must be an Obama-Democrat."
"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"
"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now somehow, it's my fault!"
Sounds just like you Right wing Authoritarians ignorances who supported (knowingly or not) awful CONs agendas , that gave us all the US police state we all see today! Enjoy, as your generations and after will enjoy the sour fruits that you bear.

Sinclair Lewis It Can't Happen Here, 1935
When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.!

bwahahahhahaa MWHAhahahhahaaa
No leftie or rightie like you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me why Obama wasn't be at the ceremony at Gettysburg today celebrating it's 150th anniversary.
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
November 19th, 1863
Why you righties have TO take Lincoln Speech and smeer his reputation , manipulate for your own purposes to make a point , that you rightie will not keep ? Authortaraians are hypocrites, ignorants, war mongers... use for you own evil agendas!
So Lyndi? I can smell your Love Potion no. 9 is begin to smell bit sulphurous... BAhhahahaa

No leftie here! AHAHAAHHAHAA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do CHOCOLATE FACE, just ask DUNG *cough* I mean DENG and FAKE Roosevelt. They'll tell you, that from their personal experiences living in the DPRK, cockroaches are an excellent source of protein and sustenance. Their fat assed Emperor, Kim Jong-un says everyone in the Democratic People's Republic should do their part and eat as many roaches as possible, to maintain strength and help take the strain of the state stores. Your warlord would agree, dumb pirate. <¶-o
You might just get one Up your all you Azzes , if you keep bothering the not so friendly trigger happy Younger Kim

They Roaches are researched in US are used for medicinal Purposes, that how ignorant and undereducated you are Authoritarians! Ignorance is Bliss for you Meathead jockheads. Bahahahaahahhaaaa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an old one recycled, chaser.
Have you ever seen a big recycler, just look into it closely? If you need help just ask?:)

BAhahahahahaaaaa

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
Oh, I think > I < can guess. The event was open to the public, but I am NOT talking about a possible assassination attempt. But presidential staff would not have been able to choreograph the even, would not have been able to control who might attend and who just might have had the gall to shout out something...uh..."unscrip ted" at the President.

There's a whole lot of VERY angry people in this country right now. Barry didn't have the guts to face angry people who wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity to tell him what they think of Obamacare and having their current insurance policies yanked out from under them so that they'll have to pay double and even triple the costs they were already paying.

Ironic, isn't it? He doesn't mind BEING a lying hypocritical snake in the grass, but he can't face the possibility that somebody might actually say that to his lying face.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Now, for the funniest thing you've seen in a long time, have a look at this:

Cat jumps on cameramanís head during news shoot

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/cat-jumps...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
Yep that was a good 'un.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I admire the man as well. It's not an easy thing to acknowledge but in honesty I have to confront it. John McCain made a considered decision to change, at least on the surface, in order to achieve a desired goal. Change is not a bad thing, but in this case it smacks of expediency rather than conviction, and we instinctively don't trust such a change, like the man or not.
I don't indict the man, I indict a corrupted system that forces a good man to choose pompous pretense or genteel oblivion.
What gone wrong , he became a pompous azz, emotionally unstable , trigger happy , and Megalomanic...?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
Must be telling him something... where cat come from? what was the cameraman record ing? What was news about? I'm curious , the cat is telling him something that he does not know? Is cat telling him something that he should know?
... Odd Stuff, i'm interest in! And Bad Bob gonna have say in this somewhat , if he peak his interest and when ever he gets chance to abuse those
hate. I know i gonna irritate bad bob again! So be it! Bahahahhahaaa

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! Stand in front of that wall!
You could shoot him with my last avatar, that offended his liberal sensibilities so much. <¶-o

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

UidiotSomalianButtPirateRaceMA keWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You might just get one Up your all you Azzes , if you keep bothering the not so friendly trigger happy Younger Kim
They Roaches are researched in US are used for medicinal Purposes, that how ignorant and undereducated you are Authoritarians! Ignorance is Bliss for you Meathead jockheads. Bahahahaahahhaaaa
Could you repost that in English, CHOCOLATE FACE so I can understand what you were trying to say, dumb Somalian pirate? <

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

USA_1 AKA UidiotSOMALIANbuttPitateRaceMA keWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do CHOCOLATE FACE, just ask DUNG *cough* I mean DENG and FAKE Roosevelt. They'll tell you, that from their personal experiences living in the DPRK, cockroaches are an excellent source of protein and sustenance. Their fat assed Emperor, Kim Jong-un says everyone in the Democratic People's Republic should do their part and eat as many roaches as possible, to maintain strength and help take the strain of the state stores. Your warlord would agree, dumb pirate. <¶-o
I don't believe in wars nor war-for-profiteering...! As you poster USA_1 war monger are no different from Warlords and their minions who bully world with your war machines

Not a Chocolate face, you racist ignorant Pinhead grunts!

And as my Americans/immigrants/ world who standup for Human rights..., will see you corrupted US war mongering mercenaries /War investors be sent to International War Crimes tribunal just like Bush & co for war crimes against humanity, you days are coming MTF meathead grunts!! Bahhahhahahaaaa

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I think > I < can guess. The event was open to the public, but I am NOT talking about a possible assassination attempt. But presidential staff would not have been able to choreograph the even, would not have been able to control who might attend and who just might have had the gall to shout out something...uh..."unscrip ted" at the President.
There's a whole lot of VERY angry people in this country right now. Barry didn't have the guts to face angry people who wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity to tell him what they think of Obamacare and having their current insurance policies yanked out from under them so that they'll have to pay double and even triple the costs they were already paying.
Ironic, isn't it? He doesn't mind BEING a lying hypocritical snake in the grass, but he can't face the possibility that somebody might actually say that to his lying face.
Such anger; lying hypocritical snake in the grass and all that.

Somewhat unbecoming, in my view.
lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I voted for a John McCain once, a'way back in the 2000 primary. Good man, war hero, scrappy senator, hewed his own line, and all that. Shoulda been slam dunk. The poor guy never stood a chance, tho', against the Atwater-styled Rove smear-machine. They slapped that old war horse around like a $2 whore. It was a sad sight to witness. You'd think there might have been a huge national back-lash at such behavior, but politics does strange things to people's "principles".
Then there was a John McCain that ran for President in 2008 - same name, totally different guy. Sounded the same sometimes, but the walk didn't match the talk. Light-years sadder than the guy before.
Sounds much like how I feel about Obama. At first I did not agree with him but respected him and even admired him. Then realized he was not a very good leader.(a pretty bad one to be honest) And now, I pity him.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Risk is a subjective thing, and considering that McnCain ran so far to the right between 2001-2008 that the maverick I would have voted for against Gore in 2000 was a faint memory - I thought the risk was hoping he would revert to that in spite of what politics would require him to do.
Given the options presented me in 2008 and 2012, yes - I'm pleased.
'
Risk IS subjective, you're right, yet I cannot imagine a risk analysis being performed on an unknown candidate with nothing to base it on but a senate voting record, campaign speeches and a flimsy employment background as being considered even a medium-high risk proposition as a thoughtful recommendation for the position of POTUS/leader of the free world. His college transcripts were never revealed, no military background, no private sector business, no economic background, no foreign policy experience, no state level governing experience etc.; therefore I think the degree of risk in voting for such a person would be considered extremely high. And the unknown purely by definition, is always riskier than the known.
I agree, McCain took an unusually sharp right turn possibly at the prompting of the same campaign advisors who *discovered and marketed* Sarah Palin as his running mate but Romney was a moderate therefore although your answer was nice, I think it was only partly true. The part I think you omitted was Obama was the furtheast left candidate in the running and that's really what you wanted. If you ruled out a far right McCain and all his notable experience and you ruled out a moderate Romney and all hs notable experience I think it's fair to deduce that want you wanted was a far left candidate and nobody with an 'R' attached to his name, qualified.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

490 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min dirty white boy- 722,176
Sacramento Addiction Therapist Uses Her Educati... 10 min The Addictions Coach 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 533,577
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Buck Crick 224,647
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 36 min Smokin Joe 115,620
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Charlie Sheen 256,978
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 44 min golti 4,924
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••