Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#172399 Nov 19, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>There's no mathematical formula necessary for something that's common sense.
You lost an election - twice. It happens.
It's comforting to attribute your defeat to low information voters, because then you don't have to look at WHY you lost.
I know why we lost.
You and 65 million other people got fooled **twice** into voting for a presidential dud.

Libs truly are amazing. You give us an incompetent fool for a president and instead of acknowledging that possibility, you want to focus on the fact the we lost the election.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#172400 Nov 19, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this stupid, or is this just a role you play when posting on the internet?
You seriously do it well.
Now, don't you have a conspiracy theory involving Monsanto and Building 7 to investigate?
No mudslinging here, huh!

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#172401 Nov 19, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to think. The whole story is rather private meaning you don't need to know so I guess it was a nonstarter. As for Obamacare effecting Medicare? Oh yes it does.
I'm sure the whole story does have a very private meaning, and I'm sure it's frustrating as hell.

It still doesn't have anything to do with the debate about Obamacare, because the obstacle you ran into existed before it and is based on the distinction between SSD & SSR.

The reference to the government taking over Medicare was a paraphrase of a woman quoted (at a Tea Party rally, I think) a couple years back who didn't seem to know Medicare WAS a government program.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#172402 Nov 19, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Spent Saturday and Sunday in Joliet IL for my mom's sister's 50th wedding anniversary. Storm damage was minimal, but the imperative to flee was strong enough for everyone at the party (around 30 of us) to cram ourselves into the small basement of their home. Made for interesting conversation, but the really big deal for the rest of the family was that the Bears game was postponed. The party kinda pooped out after that...but it was lovely to see them, and everyone survived.
:)
Oh yeah, we've spent many an enchanted evening in the storm room.

What slays me is so many in Tornado Alley, esp. TX/OK, don't have basements! Whaddupwiddat?

Aside: I've never been afraid of storms. I attribute this to my Mom, who, when we were small, would make out like it was an adventure. When I was 4, we lived a short time in public housing w/o a basement. I vividly recall being woken in the night, and brought downstairs, where Mom had turned the couch over and made a "tent", which we sat under and had crackers and milk while she read to us. I know now that much of south downtown was damaged or destroyed, just three blocks away. You wuz a peach, Ma!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#172403 Nov 19, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>So so true. And I think there is also the desire to champion the less experienced with the thought that they are cleaner, more pure. It was part of JFK's charm.
I personally do not like Obama's personality. It seems what I call plastic. I liked him better last week when he was admitting he screwed up.(not that I think that will change anything.)
If anything, I liked him LESS after last week. I detest people who apologize with qualifiers like "I'm sorry YOU felt way" or "I screwed up" instead of "I know I hurt you and there's no excuse for it" or just plain old "I LIED to you." Obama IS a hypocritical lying sonofabitch and this was a classic example of it.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#172404 Nov 19, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know why we lost.
You and 65 million other people got fooled **twice** into voting for a presidential dud.
Libs truly are amazing. You give us an incompetent fool for a president and instead of acknowledging that possibility, you want to focus on the fact the we lost the election.
Funny thing, that ... you sound just like some libs who are still crying in their whine about Bush beating two successive Democrats.

You did lose the election, and you're looking for a scapegoat just as they did.

I'd HATE to think of what you'd be doing if Obama had won either election by -543,895 popular votes...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#172405 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>Finally...an on-topic post.
Our Willie has been awaiting its arrival for several days now!
(Our fitful discussions of 'current events' haven't been current or numerous enough, apparently, as we've been deeply engrossed in a mudslinging competition for some time now.)
Carry on....but be ready to be told that this topic is over and done, regardless of the thread's title. Your post disparaged the man. For future reference, if you fawn over him, or give credit to him for anything positive or Presidential, however, you'll be allowed to continue that discussion as long as you care to.
Enjoy!
What a pantload, Kat. The topic is over BECAUSE IT'S OVER. Bush left office FIVE YEARS AGO. Everyone moves on, even me.

“The future begins”

every moment

#172406 Nov 19, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know why we lost.
What starry-eyed and/or ditto-headed ideologues of all strains can't grasp is the informed voter votes for an agenda, not a person. McCain AND Romney were forcibly morphed by the extremists dog-tail into the same ol' same ol' that got us the mess in 1989 and the travesty in 2008, and the informed moderates among those 65 million finally realized we ain't havin' no more o' that. They rejected it in 1992, and the main reason Bush got in the first time was a mild case of fellatio (for which I will forever be contemptuous of Clinton), and the main reason Bush survived the 2nd time can be epitomized by "timely" terror alerts.

Until the RNC finds a way to summarily reject the old school extremist virus and still win a national election, this teeter-totter will continue.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#172407 Nov 19, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, we've spent many an enchanted evening in the storm room.
What slays me is so many in Tornado Alley, esp. TX/OK, don't have basements! Whaddupwiddat?
Aside: I've never been afraid of storms. I attribute this to my Mom, who, when we were small, would make out like it was an adventure. When I was 4, we lived a short time in public housing w/o a basement. I vividly recall being woken in the night, and brought downstairs, where Mom had turned the couch over and made a "tent", which we sat under and had crackers and milk while she read to us. I know now that much of south downtown was damaged or destroyed, just three blocks away. You wuz a peach, Ma!
I'm not afraid of storms either, but for a different reason.

When I was a kid I remember Dad driving through a storm trying to get home before it hit. We were at an intersection stopped at a light when a funnel still forming passed over, but wasn't near the ground yet. Dad had a 53 Chevy that the wind damn near knocked over, and the hail dinged the body up bad. It touched down a couple miles E-NE of where we were and tore up part of St. Louis, killing 20 people.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#172408 Nov 19, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
She certainly was!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#172409 Nov 19, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this stupid, or is this just a role you play when posting on the internet?
You seriously do it well.
Now, don't you have a conspiracy theory involving Monsanto and Building 7 to investigate?
Did I strike a nerve, bright boy?

You do the 'I'm smarter than everybody until I can't think of anything of substance to say" role astoundingly well, yourself.

Prove my assertion that Bush lovers are welcomed, and bush haters are disparaged within these hallowed halls, incorrect.

I'll wait.

“The future begins”

every moment

#172410 Nov 19, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>She certainly was!
I never ever do icons, but those are mine. Bless your heart;)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#172411 Nov 19, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing, that ... you sound just like some libs who are still crying in their whine about Bush beating two successive Democrats.
You did lose the election, and you're looking for a scapegoat just as they did.
I'd HATE to think of what you'd be doing if Obama had won either election by -543,895 popular votes...
I've moved on from the election. Sorry to hear that you haven't. Let me know when you changed into you big boy pants and we can discuss -----> THIS PRESIDENT <------

The only reason you keep falling back on R's having lost the last two elections is you have no good essay about the guy who won. 5+ years of blunders. No one here is stupid, Willie. If Obama were doing a good job and wasn't running neck and neck with Jimmy Carter for the hall of shame award, you'd be tossing confetti, wearing a party hat and the I TOLD YOU SO'S would be coming from you.

Location hidden

#172412 Nov 19, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
My current State of residence gets a lot of flack from transplants who just don't understand why more folks don't have basements in tornado alley. They quickly discover that no builder worth his salt will guarantee a basement structure in such rocky and clay-ey terrain, against collapse, water damage, or stormproofing. It's just not practicable to blast into hundreds of feet of rock and clay to build a basement in this area. The newest craze (and I hope it lasts awhile) is safe rooms built above ground to withstand the weather. Lots of companies are sprouting up offering this service, and they're doing VERY very well. Jobs jobs jobs...

As for loving storms, I stood in the back door and watched the ones that raced through my Aunt's neck of the woods, while the rest of the chickens sardined themselves downstairs...it was just a little wind and rain, and I needed a smoke.

:)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172413 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>Did I strike a nerve, bright boy?
You do the 'I'm smarter than everybody until I can't think of anything of substance to say" role astoundingly well, yourself.
Prove my assertion that Bush lovers are welcomed, and bush haters are disparaged within these hallowed halls, incorrect.
I'll wait.
Everyone is welcome at the 'Bush Is A Hero' thread.........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#172414 Nov 19, 2013
Whats a 'mild case of fellatio'?

Location hidden

#172415 Nov 19, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pantload, Kat. The topic is over BECAUSE IT'S OVER. Bush left office FIVE YEARS AGO. Everyone moves on, even me.
Unless someone comes in and talks nice about him.(Which, I'll admit, is rare, but nonetheless conversationally productive.)

Don't pee down my neck and tell me my pants are full...

Location hidden

#172416 Nov 19, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is welcome at the 'Bush Is A Hero' thread.........
As badbob can readily attest.

Now that we've had our little 'lip service' to congeniality, let's move on...unless you'd like to show me where anyone whose opinion of Herr Bush was glowing, has been invited to shut up because the subject was closed.

I'll wait for you too....

Location hidden

#172417 Nov 19, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Whats a 'mild case of fellatio'?
Fellatio from an ugly girl.

If she'd been Faith Hill, rather than whatshername, He'd probably have tried to run again...and maybe even won.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#172418 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>Did I strike a nerve, bright boy?
No, you didn't strike a nerve - but you desperately wanted to.

As usual when you try to hard (either with me or lisw), you failed miserably and ended up looking pathetically petty.

I don't claim to be smarter than everyone else - never have. I'm just a guy who's read a couple books and likes to talk about politics - but merely exchanging insults with the other party/philosophy doesn't really interest me much. I don't enjoy more than a minute or two of trash talk about sports rivalries, and in politics my attention span for it is much smaller.
<quoted text>Prove my assertion that Bush lovers are welcomed, and bush haters are disparaged within these hallowed halls, incorrect.
I'll wait.
Why would I try and dispute the obvious? What possible reason would you have for thinking I would dispute it?
For that matter, other than as a useful prop why would you even reply to a drive by poster?

Bush is not the topic of this thread any longer, the title notwithstanding. You gotta be pretty silly (i.e., Yellow Star) to claim that Bush is the only legitimate subject than can be discussed here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Steve III 654,009
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr here 64,056
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,805
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr --IslandGurL-- 3,806
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 4 hr Clive 27
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 4 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
More from around the web