UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

Forest Hills, NY

#171834 Nov 13, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?
If only people had listened to what he said? I'm afraid they did:
“The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I DO NOT see. I think we see entities [Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac] that are fundamentally sound financially and will withstand some of the disaster scenarios.”
In a report on the safety and soundness of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac from their regulator, Falcon, Frank attacked Falcon:“I don’t see anything in your report that raises safety and soundness problems.”
"I think this is a case where Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, that they are not in danger of going under. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in a housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
WAH! We all talking about the ACA, when did we move to F/F?

The Fed sure have big interested and tookover F/F , else they lay waste in dumpster?

Forest Hills, NY

#171835 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
More like an athletic supporter, eh.
Wall Street Supporter Eh?

ABhahahahahaaa :)-
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#171836 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You see where Venezuela just started the Ministry of Supreme Social Happiness?
Those guys have all the good ideas.
My friend from Venezuela wonders what we are doing. He could have stayed home for this crap.
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#171837 Nov 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Oil, coal, and nuclear power companies WHOLEHEARTEDLY support damaging the natural world. They do it every day, and they're not looking to stop any time soon. Who do you think you're kidding here?
The EPA is a joke, and has been in the pocket of the energy companies, textile companies, auto manufacturers, etc. etc. etc. for 7 decades.
Those photos are gross alright...but they're not exaggerations.
I sure hope you don't use any electricity, drive anywhere or buy anything in any store. You go back to the 1900s and live a simple life without the nasty comforts all of the above gives us. I won't join you.

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#171838 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to settle that with bad bob.
But hey, is there a difference between a stalker and a worthless stalker?
Is NEWS-FLASH the pitcher?

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#171839 Nov 13, 2013
UIDIOTsomalianPirateRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Wall Street Supporter Eh?
ABhahahahahaaa :)-
Hey CHOCOLATE FACE, I see you've found another thread to dump spam in between your pirate outings, dumb Somalian. <¦-o

United States

#171840 Nov 13, 2013
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey CHOCOLATE FACE, I see you've found another thread to dump spam in between your pirate outings, dumb Somalian. <¦-o
You talking to wrong poster! Poster NFl is your Chocolate Face and a Somalian lover, go talk to him! Bahahahaa don't rile me up else i go back mock you our war mongering Psychopaths jarheads!

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#171841 Nov 13, 2013
UIDIOTsomalianPirateRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You talking to wrong poster! Poster NFl is your Chocolate Face and a Somalian lover, go talk to him! Bahahahaa don't rile me up else i go back mock you our war mongering Psychopaths jarheads!
Come on CHOCOLATE FACE, we all know it's all the khat you chew that gets you riled up, barbaric Somali pirate. <¦-o

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#171842 Nov 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I sure hope you don't use any electricity, drive anywhere or buy anything in any store. You go back to the 1900s and live a simple life without the nasty comforts all of the above gives us. I won't join you.
Enviros like Sister treat humanity as not being a part of the natural world.In her view humanity is only a defiler of the pristine natural world. Big business is driven by....gasp profit and nothing else. Another believer in an egalitarian utopia where everyone lives their life based on their carbon footprint. And she has the nerve to take potshots at Christians for believing in a fantasy world.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#171844 Nov 13, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Enviros like Sister treat humanity as not being a part of the natural world.In her view humanity is only a defiler of the pristine natural world. Big business is driven by....gasp profit and nothing else. Another believer in an egalitarian utopia where everyone lives their life based on their carbon footprint. And she has the nerve to take potshots at Christians for believing in a fantasy world.
Utter crap. Of course I believe humanity is a part of the natural world - just not the ONLY, or even the 'most important' part. I believe every breathing creature is just as necessary to the continuum of life as I am, while you apparently believe that the world is yours to defile.

I have no problem with profit, in and of itself, sir. My problem is with those companies that privatize their profit, while socializing the risks taken to reap it, at the expense of everyone else.

If you took my assertion that 'Earth is my God' environmentalists have tangible proof their god exists, as a potshot, it seems to me that you're pretty insecure in your faith.

Have a great night, and Happy Holidays.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171845 Nov 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The republicans have already come up with plans and as long as Harry Reid is there they will never get in front of the public eye, let along get up for a vote. Republicans have offered in many different forms the same plan I outlined here and didn't get any response to. I'd say it was because it was confusing but it's not it's very simple.
Who said anything about giving it to Harry Reid? Not me. I want to give Harry Reid many things but a way out of the mess he's in, isn't one of them.

My suggestion is for republicans to have a plan ready for the PEOPLE to look at and vote on come the 2014 election to try and oust democrat senators and take back the senate so they can THEN repeal and replace Obamacare. Republicans shouldn't lift a finger to help "fix" Obamacare now. Forget that. If dems want to bandaid the thing so it can go from crippled to a wobbly limp, let them go it alone.

Yesterday Ted Cruz said various bills are being floated in Congress to change parts of Obamacare but insisting it is the "essence of pragmatism" to start over and repeal the legislation altogether. My concern is he may give them something which they'll vote yes to, thus unwittingly saving some democrat senators jobs in 2014 and help Obama in the process. Why on earth he wants to risk that, I have no idea. He doesn't seem to know when to hold his cards.
Obamacare should be allowed to flatline, do not resuscitate and then bury the thing.
Bury it and on the gravestone, put:

((( HERE LIES OBAMACARE )))
THE ABSURD BRAINCHILD OF BARACK OBAMA AND A LIBERAL CONGRESS
2010-2014

Location hidden

#171846 Nov 14, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Utter crap. Of course I believe humanity is a part of the natural world - just not the ONLY, or even the 'most important' part. I believe every breathing creature is just as necessary to the continuum of life as I am, while you apparently believe that the world is yours to defile.
I have no problem with profit, in and of itself, sir. My problem is with those companies that privatize their profit, while socializing the risks taken to reap it, at the expense of everyone else.
If you took my assertion that 'Earth is my God' environmentalists have tangible proof their god exists, as a potshot, it seems to me that you're pretty insecure in your faith.
Have a great night, and Happy Holidays.
Without even considering the religion angle man is THE most important inhabitant of Earth. Man is at the top of the food chain period.And thanks for confirming my opinion that you view mans place on Earth fundamentally as a defiler.Your generalization about privatization reaping the rewards conveniently avoids mentioning the great personal risk of failure which is NOT socialized unless one happens to be "too big to fail".My comparison of enviros fervor and message to earlier apocalyptic religions was just that a comparison of message and motivation based on an unproveable belief.The incredible hubris of enviros to continue meddaling in the natural world as in the application of the endangered species act should open everyones eyes. Its a quaint practice enacted so we can continue to enjoy the world we grew up in.In
Pythons don't belong in Florida so Naturalists slaughter them on sight. Pepper trees and Australian Pines are not "indigenous" so they are cut down. There are too many skunks in New Hampshire so they "reintroduce" Martens which not only kill skunks but your small dogs,cats and anything else they can kill. ABSURD self important,self deluded ENVIRONMENTALISTS are the driving force behind these practices
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171847 Nov 14, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>But Catcher1 is really a excellent catch Lyndi, he is lawyer with money and likely alot assets, and avid traveler , and is well-educated from Ivy league, and is intelligent, and a hunk , sense of humor ... how can you go wrong? Maybe you blind Lyndi , you such a BAby! BABY!
A Bhahahhahahaa
Sorry, kiddo, he doesn't meet my standards. Besides, I judge people by the company they keep and since you're his friend and he thinks you're normal...um well.......

Here, let me insert a typical post of yours to demostrate the screeching Tourrets Syndrome lunatic you appear to be, to make my point.
Ready, Freddie?

"i say you war monger neocon. Not be but your generations and after will ones be get stuffed with poison from toxic Pollutants from industrial productions. BAhahhahaaa me no leftie you american imperilistic US WAR MONGERRRRRRRRRRs
BAHWAAAAA BwhaAAAAA"

==
Now you two go enjoy each other, okay? Oh and Mr. Idiot? Do try not to be so gullible. Not everybody on Topix is who and what they say they are.....

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171848 Nov 14, 2013
Nancy Pelosi-ovich says there may be a fix coming today for Obamacare.

The crazy old bat. Reading the thing before they passed it might have been a good idea......

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#171849 Nov 14, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
The reasons they are ignored is their long history of gross misrepresentations. People give them the benefit of the doubt as acting with good intentions. In too many cases nothing could be further from the truth.

GW Bush was blamed for the levees failing in N.O. because he "didn't care about black folk". So the army corps continually delayed reconstruction which may have made a difference when Katrina struck. But wait ,the Sierra Club along with other enviros filed suit to prevent the army corps from rebuilding and repairing the levees causing the delay.

Do they get called to answer ?
Of course not.

The list is endless.
Dave Foreman the founder of Earth First, famous for tree spiking, years afterward acknowledged enviros being their own worst enemies due to blatant dishonesty.
Regarding “gross misrepresentations”, I agree, some Environmentalists have been found guilty of that.

However, so have some Corporations.

I guess we really can’t take either of them seriously if we stick to that standard.
Agreed?

I for one am happy that both groups exist.

Location hidden

#171850 Nov 14, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like Obamacare is going to collapse onto iteself and I think it's time for the republicans ( moderates, independants, Tea party) to stop pointing their fingers at what we already see as a trainwreck, get Palin et al to stop slamming Chris Christie and get to work being proactive and start developing smart alternative health care ideas to have on the ready, PRIOR to 2014. Specifics, I leave to the experts but enough plans have been kicking around since the early 90's that I have no doubt they can come up with some alternatives.

Romney wanted to repeal and REPLACE Obamacare and although he was rejected I'm supposing looking in that direction would be a good start. Ask Paul Ryan what the replacement plan was. Knowing Romney, he at least had a thorough outline prepared. Anyway, the R's need to put together a committee and get it done and ready to present to the American people as one party. And the TP and the moderate republicans need to be presenting the same plan or you'll see another divide and conquer play out with dems being the victors.

Republicans big mistake imo is pointing at the goofs democrats make and think it's enough to carry them to a win in the next election. It isn't. They need to come up with good ideas to replace those bad ideas and then get out there and SELL them.
I enjoyed reading this as is the case with many of your posts but instead of addressing my confusion of how the Republican Party is going to offer a better solution regarding healthcare WITHOUT enacting a federal mandate, you chose to discuss a political strategy which would, in your opinion, strengthen the republican platform.

I do think you’re correct about the finger pointing and it will be sad to watch the GOP lay the ground work of dismantling its potential leaders before the Nation. I thought that was the job of their competition.

Silly me.

Location hidden

#171851 Nov 14, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding “gross misrepresentations”, I agree, some Environmentalists have been found guilty of that.
However, so have some Corporations.
I guess we really can’t take either of them seriously if we stick to that standard.
Agreed?
I for one am happy that both groups exist.
My complaint with Corps is when they engage in crony capitalism using government to squash competition.
My complaint with hard core enviros is their use of government to squash personal liberty while imposing their own sense of the way things should be.
My anger with enviros is personal as well,here is the latest personal issue. One of my trucks sprung a leak from its fuel filter while traveling down the road.Its a diesel truck.Diesel fuel leaked onto the asphalt road. It was raining.My employee did not immediately notice the leak until he had driven about 1 mile.He pulled into a parking lot to see what the problem was. A few minutes later a NYS DEC cop pulled into the lot.He threatened my driver with ARREST saying this was a serious CRIME.My driver called me and the Enviro Nazi informed me if I did not get the BIOHAZARD cleaned up immediately the was empowered to call in a team to clean it up at a cost to me of $800-$1000 an hour including traveling time. Sounds impossible right? Less then one gallon of diesel floating on rainwater covering a mile.There is more petroleum in the asphalt itself.My guy went to the hardware store bout a bag f oildry and cleaned up what spilled in the parking lot in 20 minutes. There was nothing visible on the road because the reainwater washed it into the storm drains. The Nazi then informed me he my truck had crossed a bridge 1/2 a mile down the road and if he found one drop of oil in the water I was going to be in REAL trouble.There is a Marina filled with boats under that bridge,might at least one drop come from them? Not to prolong the agony ..the end result was $500 to a lawyer all charges dismissed against my driver,all charges dismissed against me with the exception of "WATER POLLUTION" and a $500 fine. Apparently now you cannot even have a mechanical breakdown without being punished by these jerkoffs. One gallon of diesel fuel on a petroleum based roadway accidentally spills and it costs me $1000 . Insanity.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171852 Nov 14, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed reading this as is the case with many of your posts but instead of addressing my confusion of how the Republican Party is going to offer a better solution regarding healthcare WITHOUT enacting a federal mandate...
My question to you is, what makes you believe we need a federal mandate to get the uninsured, health insurance and to make costs lower in general? Lis made good suggestions regarding that yesterday and those types of ideas have been around awhile. And keep in mind, we don't federally mandate people and take charge of their choices when food shopping in order to provide food stamps to food stamp recipients.
Your inclination seems to be that all citizens have to be federally mandated and babysat to accomplish a task which seems to fall in line with progressive liberalism; that it can't be done without big government stepping in and getting in the pockets and lives of everybody else in the process. My inclination is to tell big government to get the he$$ out of the way.

Location hidden

#171853 Nov 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa! I sure can't agree that they are the underdogs.

If they thought along practical lines at all there wouldn't be any disagreement and things would happen that please them. By being practical I mean that you can't run a whole bunch of people out of their life's work in order to preserve one species of fish.

You can't pour money into forms of energy that people refuse to use. you don't starve people in order to save an animal.

Which makes me think that extreme environmentalists are like the protectors of the sacred cow. If people have to die to preserve that cow is it worth it? Or should we keep looking for measures that really do work?
We share a disagreement about whether or not they are underdogs.
I would site corporate dollars and political influence as my main premise.
We would probably go round and round…

I appreciate, as I’m sure other readers do also, that you qualified your use of the word “practical” and in that context, who would disagree? Unless, of course, that fish / oyster / mussel was one of the dominate contributors in filtering the very water that sustained other aquatic life needed by those very same people you used in your example. The Devils in the details.

I agree with ya, nobody should have to die over cows, sacred or otherwise.

:)

Location hidden

#171854 Nov 14, 2013
One thing I left out of my tale of woe.
How did the Enviro Nazi find my truck and driver?
A "good samaritan" called to report a truck driving down the road GUSHING fuel into the canal while driving over the bridge.And "luckily" big brother had a car close by whose officer followed the "oil slick" to my truck and driver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Al Garcia 777,599
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Chess 560,287
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 37 min andet1987 5,146
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 1 hr Brooker 131
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr Just Think 46
Gay snapchat names 1 hr A Noted Ferrerman 166
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,848
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dirty white boy- 605,292
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
More from around the web