Bush is a hero
Chris Clearwater

Palm Harbor, FL

#171857 Nov 14, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
My complaint with Corps is when they engage in crony capitalism using government to squash competition.
My complaint with hard core enviros is their use of government to squash personal liberty while imposing their own sense of the way things should be.
My anger with enviros is personal as well,here is the latest personal issue. One of my trucks sprung a leak from its fuel filter while traveling down the road.Its a diesel truck.Diesel fuel leaked onto the asphalt road. It was raining.My employee did not immediately notice the leak until he had driven about 1 mile.He pulled into a parking lot to see what the problem was. A few minutes later a NYS DEC cop pulled into the lot.He threatened my driver with ARREST saying this was a serious CRIME.My driver called me and the Enviro Nazi informed me if I did not get the BIOHAZARD cleaned up immediately the was empowered to call in a team to clean it up at a cost to me of $800-$1000 an hour including traveling time. Sounds impossible right? Less then one gallon of diesel floating on rainwater covering a mile.There is more petroleum in the asphalt itself.My guy went to the hardware store bout a bag f oildry and cleaned up what spilled in the parking lot in 20 minutes. There was nothing visible on the road because the reainwater washed it into the storm drains. The Nazi then informed me he my truck had crossed a bridge 1/2 a mile down the road and if he found one drop of oil in the water I was going to be in REAL trouble.There is a Marina filled with boats under that bridge,might at least one drop come from them? Not to prolong the agony ..the end result was $500 to a lawyer all charges dismissed against my driver,all charges dismissed against me with the exception of "WATER POLLUTION" and a $500 fine. Apparently now you cannot even have a mechanical breakdown without being punished by these jerkoffs. One gallon of diesel fuel on a petroleum based roadway accidentally spills and it costs me $1000 . Insanity.
Strongly agree. I'm a class a cdl driver. One of my coworkers gave up his business because of this crap. As you just posted mostly on the environmental side but the over regulation is never ending. People moan about the Walmarts but soon that's all we will have as this insane government is killing the small guy. And in this very forum you have people o. Record that live to bash the rich. What's rich if you have a small business and put some folks to work. Own it libs. Own it
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171858 Nov 14, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding “gross misrepresentations”, I agree, some Environmentalists have been found guilty of that.
"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."

I can't remember who said that but it stikes me funny. Personally? I like my steaks rare/medium rare.
===

"If a tree falls in the forest but it’s spiked by or being camped in by an EarthFirst activist, would anyone hear it? Would anyone care? More to the point, are there any trees left that the environmentalist will let us fell? After decimating Oregon’s timber industry, silencing mills and putting proud rural Oregonians on unemployment lines and food stamps, these same lawfare warriors are back for more.
Hey Oregonians, hug a tree. It may be the only thing you’ll be able to do with them after these people are finished."

http://www.victoriataft.com/state-rep-whitset...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171859 Nov 14, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
One thing I left out of my tale of woe.
How did the Enviro Nazi find my truck and driver?
A "good samaritan" called to report a truck driving down the road GUSHING fuel into the canal while driving over the bridge.And "luckily" big brother had a car close by whose officer followed the "oil slick" to my truck and driver.
Creepy...
Chris Clearwater

Palm Harbor, FL

#171860 Nov 14, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you're not advocating the use of natural resources irresponsibly are you?
Not to put too fine a point on it but that's the point.
No way. But do we really need the EPA swat teams? Google that.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#171861 Nov 14, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
My complaint with Corps is when they engage in crony capitalism using government to squash competition.

My complaint with hard core enviros is their use of government to squash personal liberty while imposing their own sense of the way things should be.
My anger with enviros is personal as well,here is the latest personal issue. One of my trucks sprung a leak from its fuel filter while traveling down the road.Its a diesel truck.Diesel fuel leaked onto the asphalt road. It was raining.My employee did not immediately notice the leak until he had driven about 1 mile.He pulled into a parking lot to see what the problem was. A few minutes later a NYS DEC cop pulled into the lot.He threatened my driver with ARREST saying this was a serious CRIME.My driver called me and the Enviro Nazi informed me if I did not get the BIOHAZARD cleaned up immediately the was empowered to call in a team to clean it up at a cost to me of $800-$1000 an hour including traveling time. Sounds impossible right? Less then one gallon of diesel floating on rainwater covering a mile.There is more petroleum in the asphalt itself.My guy went to the hardware store bout a bag f oildry and cleaned up what spilled in the parking lot in 20 minutes. There was nothing visible on the road because the reainwater washed it into the storm drains. The Nazi then informed me he my truck had crossed a bridge 1/2 a mile down the road and if he found one drop of oil in the water I was going to be in REAL trouble.There is a Marina filled with boats under that bridge,might at least one drop come from them? Not to prolong the agony ..the end result was $500 to a lawyer all charges dismissed against my driver,all charges dismissed against me with the exception of "WATER POLLUTION" and a $500 fine. Apparently now you cannot even have a mechanical breakdown without being punished by these jerkoffs. One gallon of diesel fuel on a petroleum based roadway accidentally spills and it costs me $1000 . Insanity.
Vote the Nazi out of office and two more will take his place.
I’d invest in pitchfork and torches futures.
You’ll make a killing!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#171862 Nov 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Strongly agree. I'm a class a cdl driver. One of my coworkers gave up his business because of this crap. As you just posted mostly on the environmental side but the over regulation is never ending. People moan about the Walmarts but soon that's all we will have as this insane government is killing the small guy. And in this very forum you have people o. Record that live to bash the rich. What's rich if you have a small business and put some folks to work. Own it libs. Own it
Exactly!!!

Location hidden

#171863 Nov 14, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Creepy...
New York is a lost cause.

Location hidden

#171865 Nov 14, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>No way. But do we really need the EPA swat teams? Google that.
Somebody thought so.
In fact, a lot of somebody's thought so.
I did google it.
I laughed then I caught myself laughing.
:(

Location hidden

#171866 Nov 14, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote the Nazi out of office and two more will take his place.
I’d invest in pitchfork and torches futures.
You’ll make a killing!
Its hard for me to see the humor at those prices. As I mentioned to Lyndi, New York is a lost cause.Here is another one for you I lived in NY for 50 years. I had a little workshop that I heated with a wood stove. Behind the workshop was a fenced in deck.During the fall months I enjoyed sitting on that deck . I installed a barrel stove on the deck for chilly afternoons. Rather than have a separate chimney for it I tapped into the indoor wood stoves chimney pipe.I installed a catalytic combuster in the pipe to burn off all the burnable gases to maximize its efficiency and minimize the smoke and particulate matter.I sold furniture out of this shop so when a car pulled in and parked behind the shop it was not out of the ordinary. What followed was. A man walked up to the outside deck and asked me what I burned in the outdoor stove.I pointed to a stack of firewood next to it. He asked if I burned anything else in it at which point I asked him what his deal was. He said he was employed by the NYS DEC and because my chimney was connected to the indoor chimney I was operating and illegal incinerator and he suspected I was burning trash.He told me I was in violation of a NYS environmental emmissions law that required a permit for any incinerator.He told me if it had not been a sunday he would have ARRESTED me and hauled me before a judge for violated the law.This is not a story its all true. If I could have. I asked him who put him up to this prank but within a few minutes I realized it was NOT a prank. This was just some overzealous schmuck who enjoyed throwing his weight around using some ill concieved law to do so. I told him he was on private property and I know considered him a tresspasser and to leave and not return without a court order. I disconnected the pipe and never saw him again. If I coud have disposed of him as well I gladly would have. These are some of the joys of life in a "progressive state".

Location hidden

#171867 Nov 14, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Enviros like Sister treat humanity as not being a part of the natural world.In her view humanity is only a defiler of the pristine natural world. Big business is driven by....gasp profit and nothing else. Another believer in an egalitarian utopia where everyone lives their life based on their carbon footprint. And she has the nerve to take potshots at Christians for believing in a fantasy world.
If I may, I read that earlier post of hers and didn't see the same potshot as you did.

In fact, she's correct, one CAN prove the existence of the earth whereas one CANNOT prove the existence of God. Well, not in any terms that a court would uphold that is.

And I also agree with her that if her remark was bothersome then maybe there is a certain degree of insecurity accompanying ones belief?

Just saying...

Lost In Transition

Kingsport, TN

#171868 Nov 14, 2013
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.
Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his role as our president.
The old rancher said,'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle''.
Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'post turtle' was.
The old rancher said,'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.
The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just gotta wonder what kind of dumb shyts put him up there to begin with."
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171869 Nov 14, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'post turtle' was.
The old rancher said,'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.
The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just gotta wonder what kind of dumb shyts put him up there to begin with."
lol

Location hidden

#171870 Nov 14, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may, I read that earlier post of hers and didn't see the same potshot as you did.
In fact, she's correct, one CAN prove the existence of the earth whereas one CANNOT prove the existence of God. Well, not in any terms that a court would uphold that is.
And I also agree with her that if her remark was bothersome then maybe there is a certain degree of insecurity accompanying ones belief?
Just saying...
Belief or non belief was irrelevant to the point being offered as a comparison.That being the religious apocalyptic insists if you do not abide by their beliefs death and damnation will be the result.Radical enviros deliver the same message the only difference being who and what they worship and possibly the means of that death . Both offer salvation if you do what they tell you to do which is the ONLY path to salvation.Both implore you to follow their lead immediately because the end is near.End of comparison. There is NO insecurity involved what IS involved is annoyance at the constant need by some to insert their non belief in a God given any opportunity.THAT is why I considered it a potshot.

Location hidden

#171871 Nov 14, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I second that!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#171872 Nov 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are both off the mark.
Pat Robertson figured this stuff out a long time ago.
God is punishing us, for accepting homosexuals as human beings.
.. today George, Jr. is speaking at a fundraiser for the Messianic Jewish Bible Institute, an organization that, "convert(s) Jews to Christianity because they believe this will hasten the anticipated Second Coming of Jesus Christ." ..

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...

.. what's your take on this ??..

Location hidden

#171873 Nov 14, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief or non belief was irrelevant to the point being offered as a comparison.That being the religious apocalyptic insists if you do not abide by their beliefs death and damnation will be the result.

Radical enviros deliver the same message the only difference being who and what they worship and possibly the means of that death . Both offer salvation if you do what they tell you to do which is the ONLY path to salvation.Both implore you to follow their lead immediately because the end is near. End of comparison.

There is NO insecurity involved what IS involved is annoyance at the constant need by some to insert their non belief in a God given any opportunity.

THAT is why I considered it a potshot.
Thanks for the reply.

Location hidden

#171874 Nov 14, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply.
You r quite welcome.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171875 Nov 14, 2013
Andrea Mitchell---(LOL!) referred to republicans just now as the Opposition Party. I simply love how democrats put out a gigantic piece of crap legislation which repubicans warned wouldn't work, it actually doesn't work and now the dems are all miffed because republicans won't help make something that's not gonna work, work.
ROTF laughing....

"The Opposition Party!" "The Obstructionist Party!"
Yo, Andrea! I think it's safe to assume that when republicans are opposed to crap legislation they generally try to obstruct that legislation from getting through congress and just because it succeeds in getting through congress, that doesn't mean you get compliance.

Amazing. They dump the manure all over the place and want everyone else to help shovel it up. I think that's socialized manure collection and I'm opposed to it.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#171876 Nov 14, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."
I can't remember who said that but it stikes me funny. Personally? I like my steaks rare/medium rare.
===
"If a tree falls in the forest but it’s spiked by or being camped in by an EarthFirst activist, would anyone hear it? Would anyone care? More to the point, are there any trees left that the environmentalist will let us fell? After decimating Oregon’s timber industry, silencing mills and putting proud rural Oregonians on unemployment lines and food stamps, these same lawfare warriors are back for more.
Hey Oregonians, hug a tree. It may be the only thing you’ll be able to do with them after these people are finished."
http://www.victoriataft.com/state-rep-whitset...
Here's another one: Meat's no treat to those you eat.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#171877 Nov 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. today George, Jr. is speaking at a fundraiser for the Messianic Jewish Bible Institute, an organization that, "convert(s) Jews to Christianity because they believe this will hasten the anticipated Second Coming of Jesus Christ." ..
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...
.. what's your take on this ??..
Lyndi, the boss of this thread (it's a matriarchy here), doesn't allow me to opine on religious matters.

I don't want to get into trouble.

Meet me in one of those religious threads we often visit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Scaritual 88,463
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 31 min Truthiness 666
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Michael 665,571
News Goldman's Cohn Said to Be Preferred Candidate f... 33 min discocrisco 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min OneMale OneChild 284,674
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 977,487
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr gundee123 1,253
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Scaritual 269
More from around the web