Bush is a hero
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#171818 Nov 13, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
From the Fed official who was in charge of bond purchases:
"Ex-Fed official:'I'm sorry for QE'"
There's a real question as to whether the benefits of monetary easing were worth the cost, former Federal Reserve official Andrew Huzar says. There's a real question as to whether the massive bond-buying program known as quantitative easing was worth the cost, former Federal Reserve official Andrew Huszar said Tuesday.
"My argument is not that QE was not at all useful," he said on CNBC's "Fast Money."
"I believe that at the time, it was just one more tool that the Fed introduced to try to help the economy," he said. "My point, ultimately, is the idea that very quickly turned into QE, it started becoming obvious that it wasn't working in any of the ways that it was supposed to."
Huszar, a senior fellow at Rutgers Business School and a former managing director at Morgan Stanley, noted a few of the program's unintended effects.
"I think the real issue is that the Fed has expanded its tool kit so dramatically, and really there are some real questions as to how potentially it unwinds, when it unwinds," he said. "We saw this past summer there was this announcement of a potential taper and the markets actually tanked, and after that the Fed backpedaled. What's going to happen if we go on for months, years longer?"
Huszar apologized for his role in QE in a Wall Street Journal op-ed published Monday.
"I can only say: I'm sorry, America," he wrote. "The central bank continues to spin QE as a tool for helping Main Street. But I've come to recognize the program for what it really is: the greatest backdoor Wall Street bailout of all time."
Who gonna pay for it? You know it not gonna be corrupted TOo Big to Fail but little Taxpayers be one to finance Financial malfeasance... And insult to injury fed ongoing QE monthly payout under-the-table with out American public knowing and to support bailout EuroZone Austerity measures and further our taxpayers money is to paid out for the many lawsuits brung on by other nations for our Financial malfeasance those CMO ,Subprime mess... What next is Deriviatives Market that will make even bigger commotion than 2008 financial maelstorm! Many of of our clueless Americans don't even know what are concurrent Consequences of contrived plan that that took many by storm, that is bilking there savings , and ruined their investment portfolios... that is if you many can't it is will financial/ criminal negligence!

Many our Dumb down Americans are clueless and had taken to cleaners by those in corrupted Power/wall street had lied to the public, as the OWS movement trying to explained it to clueless masses but many just so ignorant even attack the wrong group and cast them aside ! Know now you Middle Class Americans now become our New America Pauper class! What a pity, to laugh or cry? You know me ! BWhahhahahahaaaa

United States

#171819 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretend we're at a prom.
Pretend you aren't my date.
Pretend I just told you for the umpteenth time I don't want to dance with you.
Now pretend I just threw punch in your face.
Is the image starting to get clearer for you, Mr. Jack of all Wads?
Go stalk someone else. You aren't amusing.
But Catcher1 is really a excellent catch Lyndi, he is lawyer with money and likely alot assets, and avid traveler , and is well-educated from Ivy league, and is intelligent, and a hunk , sense of humor ... how can you go wrong? Maybe you blind Lyndi , you such a BAby! BABY!

A Bhahahhahahaa

United States

#171820 Nov 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa! I sure can't agree that they are the underdogs. If they thought along practical lines at all there wouldn't be any disagreement and things would happen that please them. By being practical I mean that you can't run a whole bunch of people out of their life's work in order to preserve one species of fish. You can't pour money into forms of energy that people refuse to use. you don't starve people in order to save an animal. Which makes me think that extreme environmentalists are like the protectors of the sacred cow. If people have to die to preserve that cow is it worth it? Or should we keep looking for measures that really do work?
Come on Lisw , Energy_saving patent or of-the-grid Energy patents are often being denied to public by greedy and Monopolistic Petro Multi-conglomerates for a very good reason, and Oil lobby also paid off Congress ... And if someone invent a new and innovative Energy-off-the -grid PAtent that can power everything in your home without a monthly energy bill, as those big conning and greedy energy Companies, energy investment firms, lobbies ,... they will buy it out or steal it or kill the inventor and never let the energy invention out into Consumer markets worldwide for very good reasons !

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#171821 Nov 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>How's this for damaging fanaticism...
http://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/ark...
http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/arka...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/11/07/new-m...
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/4816/...
I could spend three solid days linking you to the destruction of our only world, but you don't really care, or you'd do it yourself.
As for 'cheap shots', all I did was post a fact. The planet exists. Tangibly, and incontrovertibly.
Care to prove me wrong...have at it.
Providing links to examples of environmental degradation proves ZERO. Nobody supports unnecessarily damaging the natural world.One can support addressing legitimate concerns without engaging in scaremongering. Gross exaggeration is what most accurately describe any number of organizations touting environmental protection,not to mention the abuses by the EPA and assorted state agencies.

Location hidden

#171822 Nov 13, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
They are the underdogs and in many cases have become justifiably desperate. In many cases they are fighting a war nobody thinks exists. Nobody knows who to turn to or what the best solution is. None of this is a reason for extremism but it, imo, helps explain the why.
Desperate people do desperate things.
Remove the desperation and you just might remove the extremism.
Agree?
The reasons they are ignored is their long history of gross misrepresentations.People give them the benefit of the doubt as acting with good intentions.In too many cases nothing could be further from the truth. GW Bush was blamed for the levees failing in N.O. because he "didn't care about black folk". So the army corps continually delayed reconstruction which may have made a difference when Katrina struck.But wait ,the Sierra Club along with other enviros filed suit to prevent the army corps from rebuilding and repairing the levees causing the delay. Do they get called to answer ? Of course not.The list is endless.Dave Foreman the founder of Earth First,famous for tree spiking,years afterward acknowledged enviros being their own worst enemies due to blatant dishonesty.

United States

#171823 Nov 13, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Who gonna pay for it? You know it not gonna be corrupted TOo Big to Fail but little Taxpayers be one to finance Financial malfeasance... And insult to injury fed ongoing QE monthly payout under-the-table with out American public knowing and to support bailout EuroZone Austerity measures and further our taxpayers money is to paid out for the many lawsuits brung on by other nations for our Financial malfeasance those CMO ,Subprime mess... What next is Deriviatives Market that will make even bigger commotion than 2008 financial maelstorm! Many of of our clueless Americans don't even know what are concurrent Consequences of contrived plan that that took many by storm, that is bilking there savings , and ruined their investment portfolios... that is if you many can't it is will financial/ criminal negligence!
Many our Dumb down Americans are clueless and had taken to cleaners by those in corrupted Power/wall street had lied to the public, as the OWS movement trying to explained it to clueless masses but many just so ignorant even attack the wrong group and cast them aside ! Know now you Middle Class Americans now become our New America Pauper class! What a pity, to laugh or cry? You know me ! BWhahhahahahaaaa
... can't SEE it is willfull Financial/criminal negligence.*

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#171824 Nov 13, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Providing links to examples of environmental degradation proves ZERO. Nobody supports unnecessarily damaging the natural world.One can support addressing legitimate concerns without engaging in scaremongering. Gross exaggeration is what most accurately describe any number of organizations touting environmental protection,not to mention the abuses by the EPA and assorted state agencies.
Oil, coal, and nuclear power companies WHOLEHEARTEDLY support damaging the natural world. They do it every day, and they're not looking to stop any time soon. Who do you think you're kidding here?

The EPA is a joke, and has been in the pocket of the energy companies, textile companies, auto manufacturers, etc. etc. etc. for 7 decades.

Those photos are gross alright...but they're not exaggerations.

United States

#171825 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no, no no...Hey, back up the ship! I didn't say anything about wanting a federally goverened healthcare plan. I don't want a federally funded plan for this country! Health care >reform< and aiding those without health insurance is not remotely the same thing as a federally goverened healthcare plan. Blech- patooey! Don't you dare put me in the mix with those who think the federal government can handle your health care better than the individual can. That would make me a liberal democrat and my brain rejects that idea.
Not bipartisan supporter. Only if you right wingers with a conscience had listen somewhat what Cong., Frank Barney trying to relay to public/voters , we all will not be in this mess. What did he say, come on Baby Lyndy?
No leftie here!
BAHhahahhaaaa

Location hidden

#171826 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>Not bipartisan supporter. Only if you right wingers with a conscience had listen somewhat what Cong., Frank Barney trying to relay to public/voters , we all will not be in this mess. What did he say, come on Baby Lyndy?
No leftie here!
BAHhahahhaaaa
Hmmmm Is Cong Frank Barney the alter ego of Cong Barney Frank?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#171827 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>Oil, coal, and nuclear power companies WHOLEHEARTEDLY support damaging the natural world. They do it every day, and they're not looking to stop any time soon. Who do you think you're kidding here?
The EPA is a joke, and has been in the pocket of the energy companies, textile companies, auto manufacturers, etc. etc. etc. for 7 decades.
Uhhhh ... the EPA was in the pocket of the bad guys for thirty years before it was created?
Lost In Transition

United States

#171828 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Only if you right wingers with a conscience had listen somewhat what Cong., Frank Barney trying to relay to public/voters , we all will not be in this mess.
BAHhahahhaaaa
Eh?
If only people had listened to what he said? I'm afraid they did:

“The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I DO NOT see. I think we see entities [Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac] that are fundamentally sound financially and will withstand some of the disaster scenarios.”

In a report on the safety and soundness of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac from their regulator, Falcon, Frank attacked Falcon:“I don’t see anything in your report that raises safety and soundness problems.”

"I think this is a case where Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, that they are not in danger of going under. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in a housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."

Location hidden

#171829 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>Oil, coal, and nuclear power companies WHOLEHEARTEDLY support damaging the natural world. They do it every day, and they're not looking to stop any time soon. Who do you think you're kidding here?
You are being willfully ignorant sis. Exaggeration? Hmmm like saying an agency that began operations in 1970 as being in the pocket of business for 7 decades? You're a bit ahead of yourself as well as a zealot as evidenced by labeling the too powerful and intrusive EPA as being in the pocket of business. You are the problem.
Lost In Transition

United States

#171830 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Not bipartisan supporter.
More like an athletic supporter, eh.
Lost In Transition

United States

#171831 Nov 13, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhh ... the EPA was in the pocket of the bad guys for thirty years before it was created?
You see where Venezuela just started the Ministry of Supreme Social Happiness?
Those guys have all the good ideas.

Astoria, NY

#171832 Nov 13, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm Is Cong Frank Barney the alter ego of Cong Barney Frank?
LOL! Is jerkle and Hyde or Purple Barney ?

BAHhahahahaaaaaa

Astoria, NY

#171833 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
BAHhahahahhaaaaa Then you must defintely love the Bipartisanshop-of-horror Friday night Fiasco of partying with you taxpayers money belt??

ABhahahaaaaaa

Astoria, NY

#171834 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Eh?
If only people had listened to what he said? I'm afraid they did:
“The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I DO NOT see. I think we see entities [Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac] that are fundamentally sound financially and will withstand some of the disaster scenarios.”
In a report on the safety and soundness of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac from their regulator, Falcon, Frank attacked Falcon:“I don’t see anything in your report that raises safety and soundness problems.”
"I think this is a case where Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, that they are not in danger of going under. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in a housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
WAH! We all talking about the ACA, when did we move to F/F?

The Fed sure have big interested and tookover F/F , else they lay waste in dumpster?

Astoria, NY

#171835 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Wall Street Supporter Eh?

ABhahahahahaaa :)-
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#171836 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You see where Venezuela just started the Ministry of Supreme Social Happiness?
Those guys have all the good ideas.
My friend from Venezuela wonders what we are doing. He could have stayed home for this crap.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#171837 Nov 13, 2013
I sure hope you don't use any electricity, drive anywhere or buy anything in any store. You go back to the 1900s and live a simple life without the nasty comforts all of the above gives us. I won't join you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Clearwater 99,535
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 16 min bad bob 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Rosesz 670,145
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min nanoanomaly 980,036
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,134
____*Historic POPE - ISRAEL Meeting MARCH 2017____ 2 hr YTubeNews 1
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 2 hr Allan 6224 455
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr AussieBobby 286,431
the new gay skype 22 hr codyh 2
More from around the web