Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171789 Nov 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Like a junkie that has to get his fix why stop now? IMO this nation long ago passed the point of no return.
Don't say that, Chris. You cave too easily. If Obamacare blows up like many think it will and the loser liberal at the helm proves once and for all the ridiculousness that is big government liberalism, it'll set those blowholes back 15 years. Libs close their eyes to the Benghazi's, to the IRS issue, to the NSA issue, to the AP issue to the Fast & Furious issues and yada, yada, yada because it doesn't directly effect them but you know when they open their eyes.....WIDE? When it hits them in their wallets and it starts to hurt. Libs aren't the brightset bulbs. It seems they don't look to history to know it can't work. They have to put their hand on the g--damn burner and scream before they get it and I'm hoping that lesson is right around the corner.

Yesterday, big daddy dog, grand pooh-bah of the democrat party Bill Clinton, wagged his finger at Obama and told him to shape up. I'll bet that sent Barry's anger meter to the moon and along with a new poll showing his approval ratings have Eek- broken 40 and are quivering around 39% I suspect he didn't like yesterday one damn bit. heh heh- Democrats are defecting, Chris, this isn't the time to go pessimistically all out Eyore. Moderates, Tea Party etc. need to get their act together and get a reasonable, smart, sensible healthcare plan assembled for when this things starts to collapse and reassure Americans they aren't the party of NO, they are the party of ideas, good ideas and they're ready to get to work. We're bordering on a crisis here and a crisis doesn't have to get worse. It's the perfect time to turn it into an opportunity.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#171790 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
1) That's because I can't speak with any foresight of what would happen in the next 3 minutes. No one can. At one end of the spectrum the US, Russia and China could enter the fray. At the other end of the spectrum world powers and their allies could go quiet and hold it's collective breath hoping for a ceasefire and there are an untold number of possibilities in the middle.

2) No, I don't don't necessarily agree. Keep in mind the cool relationship that's developed between Netanyahu and Obama and keep in mind Obama's apparent dislike for foreign military involvement and keep in mind neither of those two facts have gone unnoticed around the globe. And again, I think you jump to conclusions by insisting it would set off a chain of events. Depending on how precise the initial strikes were, depending on what or who provoked the first strikes, depending on civilian casualties, infrastructure damage etc. etc. all of these variables would need to be factored into the equation to form a hypothesis of what would happen next and even then, no one can be certain. Acts of war have one thing in common. They have consistently proven to have unplanned, unforeseen, unpredictable surprises.

3) I don't buy that either. The American economy would not topple within weeks. Oil prices would soar in the immediate aftermath but Obama would tap the strategic petroleum alleviating some of that pressure. And as far as holding the stait, again you're jumping into a full blown war. If I were to play along I'd say Iran would need a lot of help in the naval department. Ever seen the Iranian navy? Mussolini might have been envious but that's because he didn't have much of a navy either. Nice bathtub toys, though!{On a sidenote, Iran does have capabilities on land to hit targets in the waters.}

4) I don't want to ask myself that. Dealing a "death blow" isn't all it's cracked up to be in modern warfare because dealing a "death blow" could also be viewed as a similar tactical move which triggered WW1 with the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and as such, I'm not convinced the world is in the mood for the drama you're suggesting.

5)It seems that way, doesn't it? Sad, really.
1) We share a difference of opinion on point 1.
I would however, resubmit that the players would be “called to arms” months before the first shot was fired. I do agree that there is no way of really knowing.

2) There may be something to that given the recent communiqué between the two nations. If this attack happens sooner than later, I’m guessing US will have no other choice but to engage. If not and were back at this fork in the road some time in the distant future then maybe Israel will be going it alone. That is unless another player steps up to ally with them which seems doubtful. Or another President is leading America.

3) We share a difference of opinion on point 3.
Oil supplies aren’t the only “goods on the table,” this is a strategic trade route.

The world economy would be affected, talk about a cold winter scenario. Would make the recent Gov shutdown look like a 5th grade training exercise. Imo

4) It’s still a good question.
And no, I don’t think they’re in the mood for the drama either. But not being in the mood won’t USA if that’s what has to be done. I believe they have thinking how to accomplish it for decades.

5) Agreed!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171791 Nov 13, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted a brilliant illustration concerning the state of the economy a few weeks ago. Do you remember? It had to do with, I'm paraphrasing, that the front,(housing bubble collapse) hit the economy in 2008 and that Bernanke needed to keep printing money just to keep the economy in the center of this current hurricane and if they, the Fed, stopped, then we would be heading toward the edge of the storm.
I agree with that wholeheartedly.
My personal concern is not with the possibility that they will curtail or stop using this tool. I think they should/need to. I would rather adapt now to the correction as painful as it would be than to continue living knowing full well that one day, in the distant future, there will be no way to recover from it without simultaneously enacting Marshall Law.
If Obama enacts Marshall Law anytime in the near future, he'll have more than he bargained for on his hands. Bad move with his sucession of failing policies and his sinking polls.
There is a sect in the US right now that would happily tell him to 'bring it on' and that sect has a growing number of fans who although aren't the actual participating types, they'd sure be waving the pom poms and singing patriotism from the rooftops.

Location hidden

#171792 Nov 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>We have a president that is so blind he has said one of his goals is to bankrupt coal. He and Biden have also said if they can't get certain things concerning the environment they will just use ex orders. Why even have congress? You haven seen anything yet concerning energy.
I agree with the philosophy to bankrupt coal.
There are too many lingering, future and outright deaths associated with it.

We can do better but no one is willing to let go of the purse strings to develop and produce a better way. Again, Corporatism holds the winning hand.

As long as the collective American public tolerates and cashes their checks, you have nothing to worry about, provided you support coals long term production and use that is.

Location hidden

#171793 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama enacts Marshall Law anytime in the near future, he'll have more than he bargained for on his hands. Bad move with his sucession of failing policies and his sinking polls.

There is a sect in the US right now that would happily tell him to 'bring it on' and that sect has a growing number of fans who although aren't the actual participating types, they'd sure be waving the pom poms and singing patriotism from the rooftops.
It depends on when the Fed stops printing. At that very moment it will become every man for himself. I think you can imagine the aftermath that would ensue.

The sect as you refer to will be assimilated.
Of course, not without a valiant, courageous and even relentless fight, but nevertheless, assimilated.

No David and Goliath happy ending here.
imo
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#171794 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't say that, Chris. You cave too easily. If Obamacare blows up like many think it will and the loser liberal at the helm proves once and for all the ridiculousness that is big government liberalism, it'll set those blowholes back 15 years. Libs close their eyes to the Benghazi's, to the IRS issue, to the NSA issue, to the AP issue to the Fast & Furious issues and yada, yada, yada because it doesn't directly effect them but you know when they open their eyes.....WIDE? When it hits them in their wallets and it starts to hurt. Libs aren't the brightset bulbs. It seems they don't look to history to know it can't work. They have to put their hand on the g--damn burner and scream before they get it and I'm hoping that lesson is right around the corner.
Yesterday, big daddy dog, grand pooh-bah of the democrat party Bill Clinton, wagged his finger at Obama and told him to shape up. I'll bet that sent Barry's anger meter to the moon and along with a new poll showing his approval ratings have Eek- broken 40 and are quivering around 39% I suspect he didn't like yesterday one damn bit. heh heh- Democrats are defecting, Chris, this isn't the time to go pessimistically all out Eyore. Moderates, Tea Party etc. need to get their act together and get a reasonable, smart, sensible healthcare plan assembled for when this things starts to collapse and reassure Americans they aren't the party of NO, they are the party of ideas, good ideas and they're ready to get to work. We're bordering on a crisis here and a crisis doesn't have to get worse. It's the perfect time to turn it into an opportunity.
I agree with all of this. Perhaps I'm not understanding qe but it seems to me that no matter who is in power these chickens are going to come home to roost. It might also be some of the route work I've done that colors my world. Going into 7-11s each night as I did until last Jan I've seen the core of Obama voters. Having said that I'm with you. I never quit and will give all.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#171795 Nov 13, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the philosophy to bankrupt coal.
There are too many lingering, future and outright deaths associated with it.
We can do better but no one is willing to let go of the purse strings to develop and produce a better way. Again, Corporatism holds the winning hand.
As long as the collective American public tolerates and cashes their checks, you have nothing to worry about, provided you support coals long term production and use that is.
Sure. When we have the technology I will be with you. That's not today and to force power plants to shut it down when we don't have a reasonable source to replace it just be ready for a very different world. All the wind power solar ect won't get us where we need to be today and with all the help green cos have they've done nothing but fail. Why is that?

Location hidden

#171796 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Moderates, Tea Party etc. need to get their act together and get a reasonable, smart, sensible healthcare plan assembled for when this things starts to collapse and reassure Americans they aren't the party of NO, they are the party of ideas, good ideas and they're ready to get to work. We're bordering on a crisis here and a crisis doesn't have to get worse. It's the perfect time to turn it into an opportunity.
I was under the distinct impression that Americans didn't really want a healthcare plan per se, sensible or otherwise. Isn't that really the problem?

If true, neither party will prevail.
Why bother?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171797 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is you.
Where can you escape to?
You have an attention seeking disorder, Catcher. You post nothing of value, nothing in the sincere interest of provoking honest thought or dialogue; just a consistent flow of lackluster, repetitive comments meant to irritate, interrupt and let everyone know you're here.
The fact that you do it day after day, week after week, month after month for and still view it as 'entertainment', is a pretty good indicator that your emotional and maturity IQ is stuck at grade school level.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171798 Nov 13, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>I was under the distinct impression that Americans didn't really want a healthcare plan per se, sensible or otherwise. Isn't that really the problem?
If true, neither party will prevail.
Why bother?
Healthcare reform so it's more affordable and everyone can have access, no one is opposed to, as far as I know. And now that the can of worms has been opened and the worms are crawling all over the place, I propose we address that and try to get it right. What better time? Obama's mistake was deciding to take over the whole ball of wax and attach every single American to it in order to help the uninsured but it took this monstrosity for some people to realize...... Obama is a category 5 moron.

We have a signifigant number of people on food stamps too but that doesn't mean Mr. In Your Face president needs to go into every Americans home and tell them what they should be serving at their dinner table.(((( <snort> that's something his goofy wife would dream up ....

Location hidden

#171799 Nov 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. When we have the technology I will be with you.

Are you sure that we don't?

I have nothing to offer as "proof" that we do, no links. But I think we do have ways of make our present technologies more efficient, much more. Of course, my, imagined, patents are corporately owned.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171800 Nov 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with all of this. Perhaps I'm not understanding qe but it seems to me that no matter who is in power these chickens are going to come home to roost. It might also be some of the route work I've done that colors my world. Going into 7-11s each night as I did until last Jan I've seen the core of Obama voters. Having said that I'm with you. I never quit and will give all.
Those "Obama voters", Chris, are the one sinking his polls now. Those "Obama voters in the 7-11's and elsewhere are standing with there, yaps hanging open and their hands on their hips saying "hey, wait a minute, I don't vote for that" and I'm standing right behind them whispering, "Oh yes you did, ya low informtion MOE RON!"

hee hee

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#171801 Nov 13, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing distasteful about being an Environmentalist as per the wiki definition. Maybe you're confusing Environmentalism with Extremism?
Fair enough,the problem is too many "environmentalists" buy into the extreme measures touted as necessary by extremists .They enable the extremists who are NEVER called to answer for the consequences of their actions all because they "care".

Location hidden

#171802 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthcare reform so it's more affordable and everyone can have access, no one is opposed to, as far as I know. And now that the can of worms has been opened and the worms are crawling all over the place, I propose we address that and try to get it right. What better time? Obama's mistake was deciding to take over the whole ball of wax and attach every single American to it in order to help the uninsured but it took this monstrosity for some people to realize...... Obama is a category 5 moron.

We have a signifigant number of people on food stamps too but that doesn't mean Mr. In Your Face president needs to go into every Americans home and tell them what they should be serving at their dinner table.(((( <snort> that's something his goofy wife would dream up ....
Humorous!

While I respectfully disagree with your conclusion that Americans want a federally governed health care plan, affordable or not, I sure like the the way you wrote it.

Salute!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171803 Nov 13, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Humorous!
While I respectfully disagree with your conclusion that Americans want a federally governed health care plan, affordable or not, I sure like the the way you wrote it.
Salute!
No, no, no, no no...Hey, back up the ship! I didn't say anything about wanting a federally goverened healthcare plan. I don't want a federally funded plan for this country! Health care >reform< and aiding those without health insurance is not remotely the same thing as a federally goverened healthcare plan. Blech- patooey! Don't you dare put me in the mix with those who think the federal government can handle your health care better than the individual can. That would make me a liberal democrat and my brain rejects that idea.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#171804 Nov 13, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
And that post was nothing more but you seizing an opportunity to take a cheap shot.Proof the planet exists does not excuse their damaging fanaticism.
How's this for damaging fanaticism...

http://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/ark...

http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/arka...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/11/07/new-m...

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/4816/...

I could spend three solid days linking you to the destruction of our only world, but you don't really care, or you'd do it yourself.

As for 'cheap shots', all I did was post a fact. The planet exists. Tangibly, and incontrovertibly.

Care to prove me wrong...have at it.

Location hidden

#171805 Nov 13, 2013
Apologies Lyndi, but can you explain how this below could work without enacting a federal mandate?
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Moderates, Tea Party etc. need to get their act together and …

get a reasonable, smart, sensible healthcare plan assembled …

for when this things starts to collapse and reassure Americans they aren't the party of NO, they are the party of ideas, good ideas and they're ready to get to work.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO... #
Or is this forthcoming Republican idea one to infringe on the ways Insurance Companies conduct their business?

Color me confused.

Location hidden

#171806 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no, no no...Hey, back up the ship! I didn't say anything about wanting a federally goverened healthcare plan. I don't want a federally funded plan for this country! Health care >reform< and aiding those without health insurance is not remotely the same thing as a federally goverened healthcare plan. Blech- patooey! Don't you dare put me in the mix with those who think the federal government can handle your health care better than the individual can. That would make me a liberal democrat and my brain rejects that idea.
Apologies Lyndi, but can you explain how this below could work without enacting a federal mandate?
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Moderates, Tea Party etc. need to get their act together and …

get a reasonable, smart, sensible healthcare plan assembled …

for when this things starts to collapse and reassure Americans they aren't the party of NO, they are the party of ideas, good ideas and they're ready to get to work.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO... #
Or is this forthcoming Republican idea one to infringe on the ways Insurance Companies conduct their business?

Color me confused.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#171807 Nov 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Marshall Law?

Oh, those low information right-wingers.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#171808 Nov 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with all of this. Perhaps I'm not understanding qe but it seems to me that no matter who is in power these chickens are going to come home to roost. It might also be some of the route work I've done that colors my world. Going into 7-11s each night as I did until last Jan I've seen the core of Obama voters. Having said that I'm with you. I never quit and will give all.
Now that's more like it.

Quitting is never the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min River Tam 971,903
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min Demon Finder 18,667
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 1 hr cool 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 650,851
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,497
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web