|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Curl your skin?"
Is that liberal speak for making "your skin crawl" or "curl your toes" or are you really capable of making someone skin curl?
I can do it.

Pastor Catcher has special powers.

You should know that by now.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
At 8, I ran a very successful lemonade stand for about 4 hours and did so well it seems, I was able to retire the same day.
I can understand that.

Fatigue is bound to set in after four hours at a lemonade stand.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another "kicker."
Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire sent a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Oct. 22, asking that the open enrollment date be extended past March 31, 2014. Fellow Democrats. Mark Pryor of Arkansas, Mark Begich of Alaska, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana and Kay Hagan of North Carolina signed on to Shaheen's letter. All five are potential targets for defeat by Republicans next year.
Dontcha just love a good pip?
===
They dont give a chit that its bad for America, hell, they all voted for it. Whats got them troubled is their reelection..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like mandatory charity? lol- It's the liberal motto, Rider. If you can't be nice and give more than you can afford, then we'll give you a shove and make you be nice.
It's the Pearl Harbor approach to the redistribution of wealth.
Just think if the government would get the hell out of our way.

My local food shelf says for every dollar I give them they can provide 5 meals.

But they (gov) insist on making that dollar harder and harder to give.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.-- G. Gordon Liddy

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free!-- P.J. O'Rourke

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.-- Ronald Reagan

The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.--Mark Twain
lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

You can't say that Americans don't know how to make lemonade out of lemons. With this whole Obamacare mess there are parodies and jokes and even songs being written. Nothing is so serious that we can't laugh about it.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
You can't say that Americans don't know how to make lemonade out of lemons. With this whole Obamacare mess there are parodies and jokes and even songs being written. Nothing is so serious that we can't laugh about it.
Sour union , and Sugar to coat it?

Bahhahaaaaa
lisw

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Go to livebyyourlaws.com and sign the petition to insist that congress et al live under the ACA.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare is a program originating from a body of our federal government that is constitutionally obligated to protect (and defend) it's citizens from enemies both foreign and domestic and if they are subjecting Americans knowingly or by negligence to people of ill repute, tell me, to which inpenetrable GOVERNMENT agency should people take that complaint when their identity has been stolen and/or their credit cards have been compromised?
I see you are a navigator for the Misinformation Exchange, in addition to your volunteer work as MurderDeathKill Cryer for Right-Wing World,(Very)Ltd.

- The navigator has no reason to ask for your social security number, much less your credit card numbers. They answer questions about getting insurance through the exchange. That's all they do.

- Your insurance company does in fact have your SS#, and possibly your credit card number if you've used it to pay. How confident are you that every soul at the insurance company has undergone a criminal background check?

- Identity theft is an identical felony at both places.

- The outfits that are receiving grants to be navigators are typically those that already help people "navigate" existing programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP. In other words, they have a long track record of community service. In all these years, Cornyn hasn't gotten up in arms about any of these, where was his concern prior to seeking surefire Fox face-time for slamming ObamaCare?

Sidebar: "Criminal record" doesn't automatically mean Willie Horton.
rollo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my bizz in downtown Rochester. I'm surrounded by alot of hotels and so I meet quite few people from around the globe who come here for medical reasons.
I recently talkerd to a fella from Michigan who has been battling cancer for a number of years now. His first go around, they operated and cut out the cancer. The 2nd go around they couldn't operate anymore so they treated him with radiation. He came back this summer for a checkup and it had come back. They encouraged him to go home and live out his days with his family. He said no, he wanted to live, so they gave him chemo (I believe). That also failed and they kind of knew the odds weren';t in his favor anyway.
My point is this all cost into the millions of dollars. His insurance company never denied hiom the treatment, even though the doctors said the last go around for success was minimal.
I guess its like Hip said. Maybe people needed to just shop around for insurance. Just like an auto mechanic theres good and and theres bad.
The Mayo's 500 million dollar tax request from state government for improvements sounds like it will be good for your business.
rollo

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Minnesota has its own exchange, and I can look at basic policies, basic coverages and what they will cost, and I havent had to give them anything more then a zip code, county, age and if I smoke or not.
Doesnt ask if I'm male or female, hieght, weight.
Also I've only once encountered problems with the site. that was just recently, I couldn't get on for about the 3-4 hours I tried at random to get on.
I dont understand much about this program, but in MN. some areas have literally 10's of plan options from a number of different companies, but in my area I have limited options and they come from only 2 companies. to the county east of me they only have one provider and fewer plan options to choose from.
The cheapest plan in MN is for a male non smoker 25 y/o living in the Twin Cities. I believe it was $200.00 some a month. Cant remember the exact figure. I though it was high though for a 25 y/o. It also surprised me that a 25 y/o from another area would have to pay a higher premium.
Saint Paul Pioneer Press Story POSTED: 11/02/2013 01:15:18 PM CDT | UPDATED: 3 DAYS AGO

State government officials, in fact, have heralded the 2014 Minnesota rates as among the lowest in the country.

----

There are even some facts to back it up.
http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_2443719...
rollo

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Just think if the government would get the hell out of our way.
My local food shelf says for every dollar I give them they can provide 5 meals.
But they (gov) insist on making that dollar harder and harder to give.
5 meals for a dollar??? Where...in what Country?????

You're just making stuff up or repeating what you heard without giving it any thought and consideration.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Sad to say wife and I have become very familiar with our VA Baypines for her father. It's a nightmare. In short my fear is this will be most healthcare in the future. I have met angels that work at Baypines but the system itself must have been founded in hell.
After my husband lost his job at the end of July, he began seeking medical care, prescriptions, etc., from the VA. The two VA hospitals nearest to us are in Marion, IL and Memphis, TN. He was warned to STAY AWAY from the one in Memphis :)

So far, his--and my--experience at the one in Marion, IL has been absolutely outstanding :) The staff there have all been knowledgeable, efficient and friendly, and he's received as good or better care there than at many of the other doctors we've seen through the years. But from everything we've heard, Chris, most VA centers are like you've been to. I'm sorry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

lisw wrote:
Amen :) And just try making jokes about government things you don't like in a lot of other countries. You'd wind up in prison, or worse.

America--I think I'll stay here :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
One other thing, Hip. Talking about lying, I think obama is as big a liar as ever sat on the throne. Either that, or the most dis-connected, inept boss we've ever had. But that's neither here nor there. Fact is, the NSA lies, the State Dept lies, the Attorney General lies, the IRS lies, the House lies, the Senate lies. They all lie. And yet we vote to extend their powers.
Insane.
Obama makes Tricky Dick look like a Boy Scout.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As the monk Tetzel use to say:
As soon as the coin in the coffer rings,
the soul from purgatory springs.
John Tetzel was left wondering why nobody came to buy his worthless indulgences once Martin Luther got through debunking his disinformation campaign. I profoundly hope Barack Obama is left wondering why nobody is buying HIS worthless crap anymore either.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
John Tetzel was left wondering why nobody came to buy his worthless indulgences once Martin Luther got through debunking his disinformation campaign. I profoundly hope Barack Obama is left wondering why nobody is buying HIS worthless crap anymore either.
Indeed. And even today what Luther did, to show that justification is by faith and faith alone is hated to this day.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
After my husband lost his job at the end of July, he began seeking medical care, prescriptions, etc., from the VA. The two VA hospitals nearest to us are in Marion, IL and Memphis, TN. He was warned to STAY AWAY from the one in Memphis :)
So far, his--and my--experience at the one in Marion, IL has been absolutely outstanding :) The staff there have all been knowledgeable, efficient and friendly, and he's received as good or better care there than at many of the other doctors we've seen through the years. But from everything we've heard, Chris, most VA centers are like you've been to. I'm sorry.
It must really very from center to center. Last year wife's dad had a 2 pm appointment, got in at 5:30, leaving after 6. Because this day was so slow the desk where he usually put his walker was empty. The attendant left at 5 and someone stole his walker! Yea, can't wait for this government that treats our vets like crap to run the whole show.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I see you are a navigator for the Misinformation Exchange, in addition to your volunteer work as MurderDeathKill Cryer for Right-Wing World,(Very)Ltd.
- The navigator has no reason to ask for your social security number, much less your credit card numbers. They answer questions about getting insurance through the exchange. That's all they do.

2) Your insurance company does in fact have your SS#, and possibly your credit card number if you've used it to pay. How confident are you that every soul at the insurance company has undergone a criminal background check?
=====
1) Remember back in 2009 when Rep. Joe Wilson yelled out "You LIE!" to Obama, during a healthcare speech? It was delightful and oh so true.
My turn.
Hey Hip, you LIE!

Play it again, Sam.

Thursday, 07 Nov 2013
"Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Thursday attacked an admission by Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius that convicted felons might have been hired to help sign up Americans for Obamacare.

“Americans who’ve lost their insurance and find themselves forced onto the exchanges, the last thing they need is to worry about some felon stealing their identity," the Kentucky Republican said on the Senate floor.

“When asked if convicted felons could become Obamacare navigators and acquire Americans’ sensitive information, here’s what she said: It’s 'possible,'" he added. "These revelations are really concerning."

Sebelius told the Senate Finance Committee in testimony on Wednesday that the federal government did not require background checks for the Obamacare navigators. The job would give such individuals access to the personal information of those signing up for healthcare coverage."
===
Don't like that one? Have another. My treat.

"Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admitted Wednesday that it was possible convicted felons could be hired as ObamaCare ‘navigators,’ giving them access to personal information like Social Security numbers and addresses of anyone signing up for the program. Sebelius made the admission in an exchange with Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas., during a Senate Finance Committee hearing."

Post Script: If navigators didn't have access to personal information, Sebelious would have said, "navigators have no access to personal information." She is many things. Fuzzy on critical details to save her own butt, isn't one of them

2) I told you NOT to play the "Your insurance company does in fact have your SS#, and possibly your credit card number if you've used it to pay. How confident are you that every soul at the insurance company has undergone a criminal background check" card and why.
I'll repeat myself.
Any American who freely makes a call to an insurance company and reveals personal information does so at their own risk and it is their CHOICE to do so. Obamacare, by virtue of the individual mandate, FORCES people to put themselves at risk.
Learn the difference, oh learned one.

==

On a different note, that was one crappy apology from Barry last night, wasn't it? I wonder how long it took his aides to craft that work of linguistic art.

"I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me."

The real apology will never be uttered by this liar in chief.
I'm sorry I had to lie to get this law passed, I'm sorry I had to lie to win an election and I'm sorry I had to lie to Americans when I distinctly, clearly and succinctly said, "If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. PERIOD."

Anyway, Hippo, at the risk of plagiarizng your rapidly becoming a toxic hero, with a toxic healthcare plan named after him, I'll sign off with this:
If you like your own bs, you can keep your own bs. If you like your low information, you can keep your low information.
PERIOD.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

If anyone is wondering why Obama choked out an apology which was so pathetic the apology now needs an apology, it's because of the pressure democrats are putting on him. This plan, which some of this forums more persistant posters try to paint as "ooh, so wonderful," should perhaps send that message to the nervous libs on Capitol Hill. They evidently, don't agree.

LA Times
11/06/2013

"WASHINGTON — Sixteen Senate Democrats met with President Obama on Wednesday to urge that he right his foundering healthcare website, warning of a "crisis of confidence" if he doesn't act quickly.

The president's team acknowledged struggling with how to present its message to the public, but some senators left the meeting more concerned that there were no immediate fixes forthcoming more than a month after healthcare.gov went live.

With reelection battles looming, fellow Democrats have been left to explain the website failures while hoping that the benefits of the Affordable Care Act are just around the corner.

The frustration was on full display Wednesday as 15 Senate Democrats up for reelection and......."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

654 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min An NFL Fan 115,417
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min waaasssuuup 224,425
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Oxbow 533,131
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min lightbeamrider 721,760
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 16 min ajay 416
AMERICANS Wishes They Had Elected Mitt Romney 17 min andet1987 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Insults Are Easier 256,759
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Nixxi 84
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••