Bush is a hero
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171551 Nov 8, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful.
It's more likely they were told to comply until the authorites could step in.
That is pure speculation.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171552 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY didn't post it here, you did.....as an anecdote about how much cheaper food is without government involvement, farm subsidies aside. Funny how Mayo is asking the state govt for seed money to expand there business when the monopoly the have on healthcare in your neck of the woods is WHY you pay so much for healthcare, it's lack of market competition.
<quoted text>
I'm flattered but no, and ISP's mean exactly WHAT? It sure doesn't mean I'm physically in TX posting this. Maybe I am, maybe not.
If I am more informed about MN's healthcare than you are, that's a pox on your house, not mine.
Yes, TX's are also among the lowest in the country and that isn't good for the rightwing politicians and pundits who wan't them to pay more on ideological grounds.
The mayo clinic has nothing to do with the cost of healthcare and neither does the Cleveland clinic. They are not monopolies. They serve the entire country and are known for being state of the art and all encompassing. Many employers as an employee perk send their employees to get their physicals there because they are supposed to be the best. I'm not sure that is true but I think you have some real problem with misinformation.
BTW are you stalking Rider on the storm? You seem a little obsessed with him.
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171553 Nov 8, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That was an interesting article. I did find out that my rates in this area are some of the highest in the country, yet if you go west from me 40 miles on a line the rest of MN has some of the cheapest rates in the country.
I'll have to find out why that is. I was looking at a silver policy that was going to cost me about $460 a month. In the rest of MN that policy is costing less then $300 a month. Hmmm.
Isnt that something that on a line it went from the lowest rates to the highest rates.
That has NOTHING to do with Romneycare, err I mean Obamacare, that has to do with market forces and lack of competition in your area. If Mayo get it's wish(taxpayer money for expansion and infrastructure improvements) there will be even less competition in your area and likely higher healthcare cost will be the end result for consumers in your area.

As I recall, you are all for the Mayo expansion based on your last comments about how it will benefit your business in DT Rochester .
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171554 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
That has NOTHING to do with Romneycare, err I mean Obamacare, that has to do with market forces and lack of competition in your area. If Mayo get it's wish(taxpayer money for expansion and infrastructure improvements) there will be even less competition in your area and likely higher healthcare cost will be the end result for consumers in your area.
As I recall, you are all for the Mayo expansion based on your last comments about how it will benefit your business in DT Rochester .
OMG you're the one who said that, not him. If something happens to benefit business and create jobs(good ones) I thought that was a good thing. Did you get a bad old shot at the mayo clinic?
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171555 Nov 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The mayo clinic has nothing to do with the cost of healthcare
Economics 101, there is a correlation between competition and price. You are wrong again, but you are consistent, consistently wrong.
lisw wrote:
and neither does the Cleveland clinic.
I said nothing about the Cleveland Clinic, it wasn't part of any discussion, but then you don't really pay much attention to what is being said as long as you can toss in your two cent opinion.

lisw wrote:
They are not monopolies.
Who is Mayo's competition in Rochester or surround area for residents there? Have you a clue?

lisw wrote:
They serve the entire country and are known for being state of the art and all encompassing.
They serve those who can afford them.

lisw wrote:
Many employers as an employee perk send their employees to get their physicals there because they are supposed to be the best.
If true, then you should have no problem providing a list of the "Many" companies who send their employees there for physicals as proof.
lisw wrote:
I'm not sure that is true but I think you have some real problem with misinformation.
I do have a problem with misinformation, but YOU don't.
lisw wrote:
BTW are you stalking Rider on the storm? You seem a little obsessed with him.
I think Hip already addressed this tactic of yours about personalizing an argument or making it personal, I wasn't totally clear on the distinction but your lack of ground to debate from leaves you little options but to go there with it.
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171556 Nov 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>OMG you're the one who said that, not him.
Said what? What did I say?
lisw wrote:
If something happens to benefit business and create jobs(good ones) I thought that was a good thing.
I'll take that as an endorsement of the GM bailout, your position on that is duly noted.
lisw wrote:
Did you get a bad old shot at the mayo clinic?
No, but judging from your comment maybe I should be worried if I go there.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171557 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
Said what? What did I say?
<quoted text>
I'll take that as an endorsement of the GM bailout, your position on that is duly noted.
<quoted text>
No, but judging from your comment maybe I should be worried if I go there.
Sweetie, you are making yourself look ridiculous.I'll leave you be. You aren't up to a real conversation.
Lost In Transition

United States

#171558 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
GM employed 91,000 people pre-bailout. It employed 68,000 people post-bailout. Your comprehension of "job creation" is duly noted.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#171559 Nov 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you are making yourself look ridiculous.I'll leave you be. You aren't up to a real conversation.
Speaking of looking ridiculous, Heeeeeeeeeeere's Nancy again:

http://www.tpnn.com/unbelievable-video-pelosi...

She also said something about 95% of Americans will not be affected by Obamacare. Only 5% will, "and their healthcare will get better".

This is the former Democrat House Speaker, 3rd in line to become the POTUS.
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171560 Nov 8, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you are making yourself look ridiculous.
I feel the same about you.
lisw wrote:
I'll leave you be. You aren't up to a real conversation.
Well, that's because you haven't initiated one yet. You dodge and deflect. You haven't backed up any of your claims I have brought into question.

It's I that should leave you be and move on to someone who is worthy of a real conversation.
Lost In Transition

United States

#171561 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Mayo's competition in Rochester or surround area for residents there? Have you a clue?
http://www.dexknows.com/local/health_care/hea...
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171562 Nov 8, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
GM employed 91,000 people pre-bailout. It employed 68,000 people post-bailout. Your comprehension of "job creation" is duly noted.
My comprehension goes well beyond yours. How many jobs besides those actually employed by GM (parts manufacturers, parts suppliers, supply chain, etc.)would have been lost?

Do you have a clue?

Probably not.
Lost In Transition

United States

#171563 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have a problem with misinformation.
I'll say.
Ya reckon obamacare can help you with that?
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171564 Nov 8, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of looking ridiculous
That must have been your cue.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#171565 Nov 8, 2013
In other breaking news, in closed Congressional hearings on Monday, some CIA people actually on the ground in Benghazi 14 months ago when US Ambassador Stevens and 3 others were murdered by terrorists, set to testify for the 1st time.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/politics/bengha...
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171566 Nov 8, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of looking ridiculous, Heeeeeeeeeeere's Nancy again:
http://www.tpnn.com/unbelievable-video-pelosi...
She also said something about 95% of Americans will not be affected by Obamacare. Only 5% will, "and their healthcare will get better".
This is the former Democrat House Speaker, 3rd in line to become the POTUS.
She needs to retire. The woman interviewing her looked like she couldn't stand listening to her.
Lost In Transition

United States

#171567 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
My comprehension goes well beyond yours. How many jobs besides those actually employed by GM (parts manufacturers, parts suppliers, supply chain, etc.)would have been lost?
Do you have a clue?
Probably not.
When a 23,000 loss of jobs is portrayed as job creation, your comprehension definitly goes well beyond mine.
In fact, I'm afraid to even venture where that comprehension has taken you.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171568 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel the same about you.
<quoted text>
Well, that's because you haven't initiated one yet. You dodge and deflect. You haven't backed up any of your claims I have brought into question.
It's I that should leave you be and move on to someone who is worthy of a real conversation.
Goody!
:)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#171569 Nov 8, 2013
rollo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a clue?
Probably not.
Yer stickin' your tongue out at Lis too, huh Tex!

Go put yer toys away and get ready for bed rolly. No school tomorrow but I'd like you to muck out all the horse stalls, ok.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#171570 Nov 8, 2013
rolly wrote:
<quoted text>
That must have been your cue.
Awwww whattsa matter rolly polly? Yer lying king not faring so well these days?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min bad bob 42
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Stubborn Things 110,318
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min President Don J T... 675,646
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Dontfearevolution 982,085
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 47 min Ricky F 39,230
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Po Pierdole ni 46,197
Hank Williams, Jr. is a retard (Oct '11) 4 hr handsomebrady 26
More from around the web