Bush is a hero

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#171481 Nov 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another "kicker."
Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire sent a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Oct. 22, asking that the open enrollment date be extended past March 31, 2014. Fellow Democrats. Mark Pryor of Arkansas, Mark Begich of Alaska, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana and Kay Hagan of North Carolina signed on to Shaheen's letter. All five are potential targets for defeat by Republicans next year.
Dontcha just love a good pip?
===
And because I like your enthusiasm, I'm going to throw in another pip at no extra charge.
Yesterday:
Health and Human Services Sec. Kathleen Sebelius acknowledged Wednesday that it would be possible for a convicted felon to become an Obamacare navigator — one of the workers responsible for helping people deal with the ins and outs of the healthcare law.
"Isn't it true there is no federal requirement for navigators to undergo a criminal background check, even though they will receive personal information from the individuals they help to sign-up up for the Affordable Care Act?” asked Texas Republican Sen. John Cornyn at a Senate Finance Committee hearing at which Sebelius was testifying.
That is true,” Sebelius replied.
The government, who we have with reservation given 600+ million dollars to build a website and hire efficient people to man it, can't even assure Americans that no convicted felons wll be taking their personal information such as social security numbers and credit card numbers.
Now reach into your bag of tricks and deflect that one, Hip and telling me that private insurance companies may hire felons too, doesn't count. Calling private insurance companies is a personal choice thus, a swim at your own risk venture. It's not a governmental requirement.
Obamacare is a program originating from a body of our federal government that is constitutionally obligated to protect (and defend) it's citizens from enemies both foreign and domestic and if they are subjecting Americans knowingly or by negligence to people of ill repute, tell me, to which inpenetrable GOVERNMENT agency should people take that complaint when their identity has been stolen and/or their credit cards have been compromised?
Wow, a double kicker.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#171482 Nov 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like mandatory charity? lol- It's the liberal motto, Rider. If you can't be nice and give more than you can afford, then we'll give you a shove and make you be nice.
It's the Pearl Harbor approach to the redistribution of wealth.
As the monk Tetzel use to say:

As soon as the coin in the coffer rings,
the soul from purgatory springs.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#171483 Nov 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, silly. Obama can't learn from anyone else. He knows everything.
He's a climate change scientist, and insurance agent, an economist, an author, a Nobel Peace prize winner, a foreign policy expert, a CPA, a lawyer, a doctor, a dreamer, a schemer, an alternative energy affcionado, a developer, a money printer, a business investor, an entrepreneur, a too big to fail philanthropist, a banker, an entertainer and a community organizer.
The man had never run a lemonade stand nor had he run a state but he is most certainly qualified to run this ship into the rocks.
And your credentials, missy?
Lost In Transition

United States

#171484 Nov 7, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
*edited
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you meant Conoco yes?
Not to discredit LIT but this link reads a little differently concerning their margins,
Operating profit margin 27.83%
Net profit margin 14.54%
http://www.stock-analysis-on.net/NYSE/Company...
I'm not that great with numbers and when it's all boiled down maybe LIT's numbers are in fact THE numbers.
Just another example of reading too quickly or not reading (comprehending) at all.
Is there an Accountant in the house!
Hey, Flash. Conoco is the E&P operations and sell into a world pool. That's why I didn't use them in the comparative. Their refiners are a seperate entity, and are more subject to local forces. The refinery operations operate under the ticker symbol PSX.
Lost In Transition

United States

#171485 Nov 7, 2013
Crud. Now that post shows up. It wasn't there a second ago.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171486 Nov 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could tell you true stories that would curl your skin, and make you want to scream.
"Curl your skin?"

Is that liberal speak for making "your skin crawl" or "curl your toes" or are you really capable of making someone skin curl?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171487 Nov 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And your credentials, missy?
At 8, I ran a very successful lemonade stand for about 4 hours and did so well it seems, I was able to retire the same day.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#171488 Nov 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Curl your skin?"
Is that liberal speak for making "your skin crawl" or "curl your toes" or are you really capable of making someone skin curl?
I can do it.

Pastor Catcher has special powers.

You should know that by now.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#171489 Nov 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
At 8, I ran a very successful lemonade stand for about 4 hours and did so well it seems, I was able to retire the same day.
I can understand that.

Fatigue is bound to set in after four hours at a lemonade stand.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#171490 Nov 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another "kicker."
Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire sent a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Oct. 22, asking that the open enrollment date be extended past March 31, 2014. Fellow Democrats. Mark Pryor of Arkansas, Mark Begich of Alaska, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana and Kay Hagan of North Carolina signed on to Shaheen's letter. All five are potential targets for defeat by Republicans next year.
Dontcha just love a good pip?
===
They dont give a chit that its bad for America, hell, they all voted for it. Whats got them troubled is their reelection..........

#171492 Nov 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like mandatory charity? lol- It's the liberal motto, Rider. If you can't be nice and give more than you can afford, then we'll give you a shove and make you be nice.
It's the Pearl Harbor approach to the redistribution of wealth.
Just think if the government would get the hell out of our way.

My local food shelf says for every dollar I give them they can provide 5 meals.

But they (gov) insist on making that dollar harder and harder to give.

#171493 Nov 7, 2013
A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.-- G. Gordon Liddy

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free!-- P.J. O'Rourke

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.-- Ronald Reagan

The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.--Mark Twain
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171494 Nov 7, 2013
You can't say that Americans don't know how to make lemonade out of lemons. With this whole Obamacare mess there are parodies and jokes and even songs being written. Nothing is so serious that we can't laugh about it.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#171495 Nov 7, 2013
lisw wrote:
You can't say that Americans don't know how to make lemonade out of lemons. With this whole Obamacare mess there are parodies and jokes and even songs being written. Nothing is so serious that we can't laugh about it.
Sour union , and Sugar to coat it?

Bahhahaaaaa
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171496 Nov 7, 2013
Go to livebyyourlaws.com and sign the petition to insist that congress et al live under the ACA.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#171497 Nov 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare is a program originating from a body of our federal government that is constitutionally obligated to protect (and defend) it's citizens from enemies both foreign and domestic and if they are subjecting Americans knowingly or by negligence to people of ill repute, tell me, to which inpenetrable GOVERNMENT agency should people take that complaint when their identity has been stolen and/or their credit cards have been compromised?
I see you are a navigator for the Misinformation Exchange, in addition to your volunteer work as MurderDeathKill Cryer for Right-Wing World,(Very)Ltd.

- The navigator has no reason to ask for your social security number, much less your credit card numbers. They answer questions about getting insurance through the exchange. That's all they do.

- Your insurance company does in fact have your SS#, and possibly your credit card number if you've used it to pay. How confident are you that every soul at the insurance company has undergone a criminal background check?

- Identity theft is an identical felony at both places.

- The outfits that are receiving grants to be navigators are typically those that already help people "navigate" existing programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP. In other words, they have a long track record of community service. In all these years, Cornyn hasn't gotten up in arms about any of these, where was his concern prior to seeking surefire Fox face-time for slamming ObamaCare?

Sidebar: "Criminal record" doesn't automatically mean Willie Horton.
rollo

Prairie Village, KS

#171498 Nov 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my bizz in downtown Rochester. I'm surrounded by alot of hotels and so I meet quite few people from around the globe who come here for medical reasons.
I recently talkerd to a fella from Michigan who has been battling cancer for a number of years now. His first go around, they operated and cut out the cancer. The 2nd go around they couldn't operate anymore so they treated him with radiation. He came back this summer for a checkup and it had come back. They encouraged him to go home and live out his days with his family. He said no, he wanted to live, so they gave him chemo (I believe). That also failed and they kind of knew the odds weren';t in his favor anyway.
My point is this all cost into the millions of dollars. His insurance company never denied hiom the treatment, even though the doctors said the last go around for success was minimal.
I guess its like Hip said. Maybe people needed to just shop around for insurance. Just like an auto mechanic theres good and and theres bad.
The Mayo's 500 million dollar tax request from state government for improvements sounds like it will be good for your business.
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171499 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Minnesota has its own exchange, and I can look at basic policies, basic coverages and what they will cost, and I havent had to give them anything more then a zip code, county, age and if I smoke or not.
Doesnt ask if I'm male or female, hieght, weight.
Also I've only once encountered problems with the site. that was just recently, I couldn't get on for about the 3-4 hours I tried at random to get on.
I dont understand much about this program, but in MN. some areas have literally 10's of plan options from a number of different companies, but in my area I have limited options and they come from only 2 companies. to the county east of me they only have one provider and fewer plan options to choose from.
The cheapest plan in MN is for a male non smoker 25 y/o living in the Twin Cities. I believe it was $200.00 some a month. Cant remember the exact figure. I though it was high though for a 25 y/o. It also surprised me that a 25 y/o from another area would have to pay a higher premium.
Saint Paul Pioneer Press Story POSTED: 11/02/2013 01:15:18 PM CDT | UPDATED: 3 DAYS AGO

State government officials, in fact, have heralded the 2014 Minnesota rates as among the lowest in the country.

----

There are even some facts to back it up.
http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_2443719...
rollo

Saint Paul, MN

#171500 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Just think if the government would get the hell out of our way.
My local food shelf says for every dollar I give them they can provide 5 meals.
But they (gov) insist on making that dollar harder and harder to give.
5 meals for a dollar??? Where...in what Country?????

You're just making stuff up or repeating what you heard without giving it any thought and consideration.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#171501 Nov 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Sad to say wife and I have become very familiar with our VA Baypines for her father. It's a nightmare. In short my fear is this will be most healthcare in the future. I have met angels that work at Baypines but the system itself must have been founded in hell.
After my husband lost his job at the end of July, he began seeking medical care, prescriptions, etc., from the VA. The two VA hospitals nearest to us are in Marion, IL and Memphis, TN. He was warned to STAY AWAY from the one in Memphis :)

So far, his--and my--experience at the one in Marion, IL has been absolutely outstanding :) The staff there have all been knowledgeable, efficient and friendly, and he's received as good or better care there than at many of the other doctors we've seen through the years. But from everything we've heard, Chris, most VA centers are like you've been to. I'm sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Quivering Lip Lib... 79,710
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min AnthonyMN 701,478
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 1 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 1 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 1 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 1 hr BILLION HEIR 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752