Bush is a hero
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#171374 Nov 6, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh, honey, will you get the door? It's that stupid Obamacare Insurance salesman again and I DON'T WANT TO BUY WHAT HE'S SELLING! Tell him to #### off."
And yet if you don't buy you get a fine. Or is it a tax. Or according to Joe it's just being patriotic.
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#171375 Nov 6, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
\
I'm not sure how the gov. stepping in and raising my premiums and my deductible 200%, are improving my life, but if you say so. I guess I should look at the bright side. I dont have to pay for my colonoscopy, or the following ones that are recommended every 5 years, and thank God if I ever get pregnant I'm covered.
I've commented a few times how I have been following the costs of insurance. I am one w/o and was just about to purchase a policy when they passed OC and then decided to wait.
Once again you avoid the millions of people who are saying there policies have been canceled the premiums and deductibles have gone up and take one article from one person that says otherwise and call the rest liars..........
Bingo. And we a only a month in. We really won't see the worst of this until after the midterms. That's strange for something seemingly wonderful to have parts delayed until after an election. I'm sure it's nothing but good times ahead.
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#171376 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, Larry has posted it a few times on this thread. I'm pretty sure HIP has even responded to some of those posts.
I just found out about spouses covered on insurance at ups. This hits very close to home as that's how my wife and I are insured. I'm on hers since she works at one of the nations best companies and they are financially quite strong. Guess we don't count bro.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171377 Nov 6, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Well, see, that's the thing...I wasn't aware this was a soup kitchen, and for some odd reason, I thought I was talking with a somewhat older crowd than one would find in a pre-school.
Thanks for the clarification.
I'll try and remember that.
....out comes the sledgehammer

Hey, Ms. Kitty, the point is this. At a simple slumber party when everyone says they're going to sleep, please disregard the snorting & gagging sounds you'll hear after you've announced you shall be retiring to your boudoir for your nocturnal repose and respite.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#171378 Nov 6, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I just found out about spouses covered on insurance at ups. This hits very close to home as that's how my wife and I are insured. I'm on hers since she works at one of the nations best companies and they are financially quite strong. Guess we don't count bro.
I think a majority of the employer paid HC is going to go by the wayside. You'll see the other shoe drop next year when the 1 year delay for businesses drops off.

#171379 Nov 6, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I just found out about spouses covered on insurance at ups. This hits very close to home as that's how my wife and I are insured. I'm on hers since she works at one of the nations best companies and they are financially quite strong. Guess we don't count bro.
Does your company offer it? Or are you now left to the high costs of the exchange?
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#171380 Nov 6, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Another pork filled post.
But nevertheless, your little speech is truly amusing coming from someone who supports a regime who knows what's best for everyone because the population is too stupid to know what's best for themselves.
You won't talk down to anybody. No, no. Can't have that. Liberals just skip that part and dictate to everybody 'cause THEY KNOW BEST!
And when that fails? They LIE!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaa
If you like your insurance.....
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You were last picked at dodge-ball, weren't ya?'Cos you really suck at it.

You really do best when you come back head-on with rebutting facts....

....'ceptin when you ain't got none......

....then you just go for the snobbish hand-wave and throw the quasi-con monkey-slop.

Or should that be the primate excrement-heave? Ooops, no, six syllables. Dumb it down for Lyndi, dumb it down for Lyndi....'cos I'm courteous that way.

LOLOLOL;)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171381 Nov 6, 2013
Tax his land,

Tax his bed,

Tax the table,

At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,

Tax his mule,

Teach him taxes

Are the rule.

Tax his work,

Tax his pay,

He works for

peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,

Tax his goat,

Tax his pants,

Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,

Tax his shirt,

Tax his work,

Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,

Tax his drink,

Tax him if he

Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,

Tax his beers,

If he cries

Tax his tears.

Tax his car,

Tax his gas,

Find other ways

To tax his ass.

Tax all he has

Then let him know

That you won't be done

Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;

Then tax him some more,

Tax him till

He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,

Tax his grave,

Tax the sod in

Which he's laid...

Put these words

Upon his tomb,

'Taxes drove me

to my doom...'

When he's gone,

Do not relax,

Its time to apply

The inheritance tax.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#171382 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
\
I'm not sure how the gov. stepping in and raising my premiums and my deductible 200%, are improving my life, but if you say so. I guess I should look at the bright side. I dont have to pay for my colonoscopy, or the following ones that are recommended every 5 years, and thank God if I ever get pregnant I'm covered.
I've commented a few times how I have been following the costs of insurance. I am one w/o and was just about to purchase a policy when they passed OC and then decided to wait.
Once again you avoid the millions of people who are saying there policies have been canceled the premiums and deductibles have gone up and take one article from one person that says otherwise and call the rest liars..........
Whoa, now back up. You don't have insurance, buuut the gov't raised your premiums.

hmmmm...

C'mon people......
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171383 Nov 6, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>You were last picked at dodge-ball, weren't ya?'Cos you really suck at it.
You really do best when you come back head-on with rebutting facts....
....'ceptin when you ain't got none......
....then you just go for the snobbish hand-wave and throw the quasi-con monkey-slop.
Or should that be the primate excrement-heave? Ooops, no, six syllables. Dumb it down for Lyndi, dumb it down for Lyndi....'cos I'm courteous that way.
LOLOLOL;)
You want a fact?
Obama sucks.

Rebut it.
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#171384 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Does your company offer it? Or are you now left to the high costs of the exchange?
Yea but way more expensive vs wife's.

#171385 Nov 6, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa, now back up. You don't have insurance, buuut the gov't raised your premiums.
hmmmm...
C'mon people......
Its simple Hip. If I would have bought the insurance 3 years ago (and I've said this before) it would have been $1550 for what is now considered the gold plan. last year the rates more then doubled. This year they went up another 80%(?) to about 6 grand.

Just because I elected to wait for OC to kick in doesnt change that fact, or those numbers.

You disregard the friend of a friend stories, but will latch onto this one story.

There are 9 states where premiums are going down the other 41 are going up an average of 44%. Thats in just the last year. They aren't taking into consideration the previous year it doubled.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#171386 Nov 6, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You want a fact?
Obama sucks.
Rebut it.
So, no backbone on predictions of yesterday's election.

Now I'd be interested in people's views on the results, in Viginia and New Jersey in particular, and what they portend.

And for those who like country music, portend means augur.

Aw heck, just have another Bud.

#171387 Nov 6, 2013
For me the elections mean Christie should just get the republican nomination by default.

He's a no nonsense guy who has track record of getting things done. He can work across the aisle.

But I'll bet anything the party pushes him outta the way and backs another guy and I bet they lose again despite Obama.

Ryan? Really? Bush? LMAO, effin really?
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#171388 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, Larry has posted it a few times on this thread. I'm pretty sure HIP has even responded to some of those posts.
I'm pretty sure he has. He's just as sure you chosen not to respond to questions regarding same.

As is your right....

...so let's not shed any light on what we claim is a vital topic. Let's just trade in misinformation and vague anecdotes. "High-information," Republican-style.....
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#171389 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Its simple Hip. If I would have bought the insurance 3 years ago (and I've said this before) it would have been $1550 for what is now considered the gold plan. last year the rates more then doubled. This year they went up another 80%(?) to about 6 grand.
Just because I elected to wait for OC to kick in doesnt change that fact, or those numbers.
You disregard the friend of a friend stories, but will latch onto this one story.
There are 9 states where premiums are going down the other 41 are going up an average of 44%. Thats in just the last year. They aren't taking into consideration the previous year it doubled.
If you had actually read the "one story", you might take issue with it, but at least you'd find that it was "one story" that covered thousands in receipt of misinformation campaigns of at least two major insurers, giving lie to the claim that "People are getting sky-high premiums and canceled policies due to the ACA".

The "one story" (and I've posted two - so far) showed with names and facts, how the insurance companies are misleading and gouging thousands of people, and blaming it on the ACA. But, you're right, it is ONE story.

In other words, if your insurance company (well, for those that actually HAVE one) pulls one of the above tricks, they obviously are one of the REASONS for The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

You've cited one company. Have you shopped around? The ACA will make it easier to do so. Conservative scoffers like to recite the litany that "people can do for themselves". But all the horror stories I've seen so far are with people who've only attempted to deal with ONE company.

And those companies just loooove those kind of people.

Obama was right in this regard. You CAN keep your insurance provider (for those that HAVE it) even IF you're content to be gouged and consider it the unique American way.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#171390 Nov 6, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You want a fact?
Obama sucks.
Rebut it.
Aw, somebody's havin' a bad hair day. Happens to everyone.

Most people have a good hair day now and again, without pretense to manic typed laff-tracks......

Buck up, kid. The TP took it on the chinny-chin-chin yestiddy. Ain't dat a pip?
Lost In Transition

United States

#171391 Nov 6, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
For some time now we've been regaled with sob stories of people being adversely affected by ACA implementation. These tend to be "friend of a friend" tales, with no opportunity for follow-up details. We're supposed to just accept the tale as is. When asked if anyone has a personal experience to share, the thread goes silent.
Hey, Hip. I didn't know your query was thread directed, I thought it was directed at a single individual. Here's my sob story....

In the 8 years prior to 2013, my insurance went from $1900 to $3100, a 64% increase or about 7% per year. And I whined about it every year. Last year my insurance went from $3100 to $5200, an increase of 68%. This year it went from $5200 to $9300, an increase of 79%. Same company, same deductibles, same co-pay.
I give that a sob and an SOB!!
So I went to a high deductible catastrophic policy with an HSA. I will lose that policy next year, but from what I hear it will be for my own good.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171392 Nov 6, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure he has. He's just as sure you chosen not to respond to questions regarding same.
As is your right....
...so let's not shed any light on what we claim is a vital topic. Let's just trade in misinformation and vague anecdotes. "High-information," Republican-style.....
As a card carrying Obamacare supporter, why don't you respond to this womans plight for us. Show us what you know.

By Edie Littlefield Sundby
Nov. 3, 2013

"Everyone now is clamoring about Affordable Care Act winners and losers. I am one of the losers.

My grievance is not political; all my energies are directed to enjoying life and staying alive, and I have no time for politics. For almost seven years I have fought and survived stage-4 gallbladder cancer, with a five-year survival rate of less than 2% after diagnosis. I am a determined fighter and extremely lucky. But this luck may have just run out: My affordable, lifesaving medical insurance policy has been canceled effective Dec. 31.

My choice is to get coverage through the government health exchange and lose access to my cancer doctors, or pay much more for insurance outside the exchange (the quotes average 40% to 50% more) for the privilege of starting over with an unfamiliar insurance company and impaired benefits.

Countless hours searching for non-exchange plans have uncovered nothing that compares well with my existing coverage. But the greatest source of frustration is Covered California, the state's Affordable Care Act health-insurance exchange and, by some reports, one of the best such exchanges in the country. After four weeks of researching plans on the website, talking directly to government exchange counselors, insurance companies and medical providers, my insurance broker and I are as confused as ever. Time is running out and we still don't have a clue how to best proceed."

Full article: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#171393 Nov 6, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
As a card carrying Obamacare supporter, why don't you respond to this womans plight for us. Show us what you know.
By Edie Littlefield Sundby
Nov. 3, 2013
"Everyone now is clamoring about Affordable Care Act winners and losers. I am one of the losers.
My grievance is not political; all my energies are directed to enjoying life and staying alive, and I have no time for politics. For almost seven years I have fought and survived stage-4 gallbladder cancer, with a five-year survival rate of less than 2% after diagnosis. I am a determined fighter and extremely lucky. But this luck may have just run out: My affordable, lifesaving medical insurance policy has been canceled effective Dec. 31.

My choice is to get coverage through the government health exchange and lose access to my cancer doctors, or pay much more for insurance outside the exchange (the quotes average 40% to 50% more) for the privilege of starting over with an unfamiliar insurance company and impaired benefits.
Countless hours searching for non-exchange plans have uncovered nothing that compares well with my existing coverage. But the greatest source of frustration is Covered California, the state's Affordable Care Act health-insurance exchange and, by some reports, one of the best such exchanges in the country. After four weeks of researching plans on the website, talking directly to government exchange counselors, insurance companies and medical providers, my insurance broker and I are as confused as ever. Time is running out and we still don't have a clue how to best proceed."
Full article: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
I'd say life deals some of us a tough hand, all of us before it's all over. Off the top of my head, I can consider her extra years fighting a catastrophic illness, against my mother's experience in which she was denied coverage long before the ACA, and withered away with palliative care only, with intermittent chance participation in clinical trials for experimental drugs through the local university, 45 miles away. That experience alone soured me as to the "benevolent health insurance provider."

I'd say those that scour the nation's millions for singular hard-cases should at very least be a source that has not demonstrated an agenda ala Murdoch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 878,832
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 5 min pepertoa 0
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min BenAdam 8,048
Palmers farmed in Hayti area? 16 min Sam Vein 1
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 38 min USaWorldWarMongerer 444
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Catholic24 603,323
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 42 min lucky 571
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 272,879
The Christian Atheist debate 7 hr MrAnderson9 3,845
More from around the web