“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#171156 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Did I? Where did you see that?
For those of us who were paying attention prior to the right-wing klaxon-call of 2008, our memories still serve, at least on the simpler stuff.....
I've always suspected you were someone who has a photographic memory or close to it anyway.

Ask me a week from now what Obamas approval rating was last week and I wont remember. LOL.

Its just the way it is for me. I think I have explained my weak memory here before. Its why I try to avoid involved debates. I have to reread every post every time I reply to keep my train of thought. Its getting worse as the years go by. I had an incident with CO2 when I was younger and I blame it on that, and the excessive drug use in my youth probably has something to do with it......

More power to you though, your blessed to have a good memory......

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#171157 Nov 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you just know people like that?
I've always been amazed by the people I've come across that know just about enough of everything to be dangerous. LOL. I think we've all met them. There isnt a subject they dont have an opinion on and many times it seems to be an informed opinion, or at least they can make you think its informed.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171158 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>OK let me put it more simply, for the determinedly simple: How can you have a serious discussion when people insist on spreading outright self-serving lies like "Didja notice the Obamaphone program"? when Obama had nothing to do with the program, it was a Reagan-era conception, and is not a direct taxpayer-funded "entitlement".
How 'bout dem pips?
I know how free cell phones began and what the original intent was but it takes the liberals to abuse the program the way they have.

13.6% of USA households get food stamps, up from 8.6% in 2008;
48% of households headed by women with young children now live in poverty. Encouraging, isn't it?

Yep, we're doing grrrreat!

Hey, I know. Let Obama keep blaming 2007 or here, pick the ones you like!
The Tea Party
Political gridlock
ATM machines
Republicans
Paul Ryan
Eric Cantor
John Boehner
The Tsunami in Japan
Greece
Mitt Romney
Italy
Too little government spending
Too few taxes
The debt debate
George W. Bush
Standard and Poor's
Wealthy people who want to keep what they earned
Oil companies
Ireland
Slurpees
Portugal
The War in Iraq
The War in Afghanistan
The heat wave in the midwest
Health care costs
A lack of government subsidized green energy
Math errors
Corporate jet owners
The Gulf oil spill
Millionaires and billionaires
Rich fat cats
Wall Street
Hedge fund managers
Some car that can't get out of the ditch
The debt limit
Congress and their resistance to spending more on stimulus programs
Vacationing in Las Vegas
The government shutdown
The American form of representative democracy
People who don't eat their peas
Everything else in the world except Timothy Geitner and himself

Feel free to add on more!

HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#171159 Nov 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how free cell phones began and what the original intent was but it takes the liberals to abuse the program the way they have.
48% of households headed by women with young children now live in poverty. Encouraging, isn't it?
The Tea Party.......
yadayadayada

Not even a smooth dodge, Ricochet.

"Excuse me folks, this is your conductor. We apologize for throwing you against the sidewalls. It seems since we entered Right-Wing World rabid quasi-cons have run ahead and thrown the switches. Guess they ran out of track."

Ok, if we're down to this, I'll just wish you

Have the best day ever!

!ll'ay retaL
sisonGpiH
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#171160 Nov 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>One group of voters was smart enough to vote the guy out, the other group, not so much.
Sis Lisw , sorry you lost another of you little marbles, Wakey up time? Money buys power... DUH! BHAHAHHAHAHahaa :)

United States

#171161 Nov 1, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
<DISCLAIMER> Normally I don't respond to worthless trolls like you, but ya happen to catch me in a rare good mood.
Show the class where I said "eliminate all the illegal aliens" in that msg. I don't even see it encrypted.
<quoted text>
Obviously you have NO idea what "sounds more like" me. Because if I were in charge of deporting illegal aliens, I'd just send them back where they came from, and tell 'em to apply for US citizenship like other LEGAL immigrants have been doing. The Antarctic Island scenario sounds more like a cold, calculating b(u)tch. Know anyone like that?
<quoted text>
I've already delineated exactly what I'd do on numerous occasions, most recently several months ago. If you weren't payin' attention, that's not something in which I'm concerned.
Know know why you have to put Katyrn down. Like i said before if our Bully US militaristic imperialist stop with many plundering of other nations resources, to ruining og their infrastructure with wars, ruining their Agricultural lands,stealing their Intellectual talents, and our US macroeconomic wars and embargoes /sanctions USD/OIL hegemony, US Trade and currency wars on their economy .... and all these ill greedy US global Hegemonic agendas , as all these are destroying and ruining many nations ,their financial and economic well beings ... that you so despise those illegals for coming ,as they have no choice but come to US, because our US warring interventionist US policy had ruined and destroyed their livelihoods at home... what you expect you ignorants special airhead bully doggy grunting jarheads... ABhahhahahaaaa Did i piss you off again authoritarians, biddy-eyed bad bobs of the world? BWHAHAHAHAHAaaaaa

United States

#171162 Nov 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party
Political gridlock
ATM machines
Republicans
Paul Ryan
Eric Cantor
John Boehner
The Tsunami in Japan
Greece
Mitt Romney
Italy
Too little government spending
Too few taxes
The debt debate
George W. Bush
Standard and Poor's
Wealthy people who want to keep what they earned
Oil companies
Ireland
Slurpees
Portugal
The War in Iraq
The War in Afghanistan
The heat wave in the midwest
Health care costs
A lack of government subsidized green energy
Math errors
Corporate jet owners
The Gulf oil spill
Millionaires and billionaires
Rich fat cats
Wall Street
Hedge fund managers
Some car that can't get out of the ditch
The debt limit
Congress and their resistance to spending more on stimulus programs
Vacationing in Las Vegas
The government shutdown
The American form of representative democracy
People who don't eat their peas
Everything else in the world except Timothy Geitner and himself
Feel free to add on more!
I'm no liberal and not a leftie! But the Neocons are way worst then the liberals. Those you mentioned above are mostly right wingers agendas and the work of bi-partisanshop-horror agendas. Wake up time Airhread! ABbabababababab Know anything about Corporatism and NeoCOn agendas, Bi-partisanshop-of-horror Agendas on K street... I pity your ignorance for support the right wingers , wake up time baby, did i also piss u off ? BAhahahahaaaa

United States

#171163 Nov 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no chance of you shutting up.
You are congenitally domineering.
I love to make her my batch and take her notch of two down! BAhahhahaaaaa :)....
Lost In Transition

Gentry, AR

#171164 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ho now, hold on there. We ain't talkin' about dead languages mashed through multiple translations and transliterations. These guys were talking on-point and in the same language we use today, albeit with an annoying penchant for albeits and run-on sentences. I heartily agree there's a whole lot of quote-mining goes on today, which is why I asked if you'd read them in total.
We hear a whole lot of talk, esp. among quasi-libertarians and TPers about "getting back to the Founder's intent". What are they talking about - a confederation rather than a republic? Suffrage only for the white landed gentry? Certain, uh, "imported property" equals 3/5 of a vote? Primogeniture? Parliamentary monarchy? No standing army? All this and more were among the "Founder's original intent", no interpretation necessary.
Likewise, I think my question was pertinent relative to your statement about original intent of "we" vs. "they".

I think we could fix that. Term limits, harsh lobbying restrictions and revolving door policy, public-financed elections, restricted campaign seasons, and so on. I think we'd rather fuss than do so. Shoot, with Citizens United, were going even further backward, and half the country think it's no big deal.

No worries. I agree, let 'er ride, see how she shakes out.
I believe that's exactly what the opposition fears.
Those dead languages were pretty much assigned their current meanings 500 years ago, but that didn't stop the multitude of interpretations. If anything, it increased them. Time, and the lack of threat, will do that. I still think what went on with the council of Nicea is probably a pretty good analogy to the founding father's task. Lots of table pounding, eye rolling, harrumphs, Hear...Hears!!, and Hang the Bassturds!! And in the end, nobody was completely happy. And still aren't, depending on their interpretation not only of the words, but also the intent.
I consider myself one of those quasi-libertarians. I don't find the claims of bigotry, mysogyny, racist, no-exception pacifist, et al, as being offensive. More humorous. It is hard to be offended by a contrived hysteria, and I've always seen ad-homs as the raising of the white flag. That said, being the first born son in a family of nine I've always had a soft spot for primogeniture.

I agree with all of this. Especially term limits. Washington does bad things to good men and women. I'd also like to add public flogging for all elected officials on receipt of their second Pinocchio.

I don't fear it, but pass or fail I believe it is going to cause a lot of people pain. Mainly young people. Just another dark alley to navigate for the lost generation.
Lost In Transition

Gentry, AR

#171165 Nov 1, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
This could be the largest Fed stimulus yet
By Annalyn Kurtz @AnnalynKurtz October 28, 2013: 12:51 AM ET
http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/28/news/economy/...
QE3 is on track to be its largest bond-buying program yet, if it follows the path predicted by Wall Street.
"There is a danger that the Fed has missed its window of opportunity," Ashworth said in a note. "If it's waiting for some degree of fiscal certainty, this really could turn into QEternity."
“The longer QE continues, the more dramatic stocks could fall once the end of stimulus is in sight.”
http://chiotsrun.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/...
One thing they're not reporting is that the Fed is also sinking the monies (profits) they receive on redemptions of existing holdings into the QE bond buying process. If those monies were included with the printed 85 $billion$, July's QE totalled 119 $billion$, August's was 107 $billion$. Haven't seen Sept's yet.
A quarter of a $trillion$ in only two months. Holy cow, that's a big number.

United States

#171166 Nov 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>85% of Americans were satisfied with the insurance industry as it was. It seems that with the individual mandate, Obama gets to say what you are supposed to be satisfied with, while companies are changing their hiring practices to be able to keep their heads above water forcing more people off of plans. Whether you think this is the fault of Obama or the insurance companies doesn't matter it is what it is. I have said all along that there are many solutions for the uninsured that were already in place just unused, and that for those who fell through the cracks we should do something definitive. To me this obamacare is like cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer.
Now as for welfare. We could start over and revamp the whole thing. however I happen to agree that a repair is in order. You only want it not to be the same, because then you might have to admit that you could possibly be in some itty-bitty way wrong. But you're too much of a man to be wrong, right Hip?
Tells us more about the Affluent Social Welfare, ho them lowly ones/low-info voters, right wingers ... miss this one!

No leftie here! AHAHAHAHahahahaaa

United States

#171167 Nov 1, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing they're not reporting is that the Fed is also sinking the monies (profits) they receive on redemptions of existing holdings into the QE bond buying process. If those monies were included with the printed 85 $billion$, July's QE totalled 119 $billion$, August's was 107 $billion$. Haven't seen Sept's yet.
A quarter of a $trillion$ in only two months. Holy cow, that's a big number.
Fed did not tell you about ongoing secret every Monthly QE outgings , hell driven not stopping printing of USD out of air like its no tomorrow, further US dollar demise worldwide with US macroeconomic wars worldwide

You love the next big commotion the Deriviative instrument! BAhahhahaaaa
Lost In Transition

Gentry, AR

#171168 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Coming back to this, I'd just like to say that notions of what the "Founders" meant seem to be like most people's image of God - pretty much in tune with personal proclivity.
If I read you correctly, you seem to be advancing the notion that they set up some kind of populist people's gov't.
If one takes the time to read the aforementioned sources, many might be surprised to find that the Founding Fathers whose views most largely won out - Hamilton, Madison, John Jay, etc - didn't trust us rabble in the least. Many were still in thrall to a governing aristocracy. They were entirely dismissive of the democratic "levelers". Madison it was who wrote an apparently convincing piece that tried to allay those fears by posing that the more people allowed to vote (and still just talking about white males) the more they would split into factions and cancel each other out, thus leaving the governing to "they". After continuous contentious debate, they finally settled on our bicameral legislature, with only the House directly and popularly elected. Then they set about to construct the rest of the thing with an eye to check the "passions" of the mob.
Over the ensuing years we've expanded suffrage and taken steps to further democratize elections. But at the same time a governing aristocracy, in league with monied interest, have quietly, inexorably, consolidated their hold and power. I suspect such as Hamilton and Adams would be most pleased.
I gotta wonder if even Hamilton or Adams could have envisioned what our Federal government would become. But there's the rub, imagine is all I've got. Naturally, I am a tad partial to the likes of Jefferson and Paine. We got us a stew, and what makes it good, or bad, is a matter of taste.
Lost In Transition

Gentry, AR

#171169 Nov 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're incredibly ignorant in your quest to get me. Don't waste your time. You have no clue what I've GOT.
Not only that, it's none of anybody elses business.

United States

#171170 Nov 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberalism could be the failed experiment in the US and IF Obamacare fails, it's a knife straight through the heart of the big government, liberal agenda. Obamacare was the anticipated crown jewel of the entitlement state and IF it collapses, it will discredit the sensibility of mass expansion of government which is at the very core of liberalism.
Democrats are starting to back away from this thing, Obama's ratings are plummeting further and I'm optimistic the fallout from this combined with the dismal condition of the country, will be a huge blow to democrats and liberalism......because the very last thing they want is PROOF it doesn't work and we're possibly on the precipice of handing them that proof on a silver platter.
If the GOP doesn't screw up this enormous opportunity, I'm confident in 2014 and in 2016 they can send liberals packing and begin the process of undoing the mess left behind by Obama and his likeminded cronies and get back to business.
Interjecting , this post you addressed hip! No lib here!

But you prefer a small govt and is it any better than big govt?

United States

#171171 Nov 1, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta wonder if even Hamilton or Adams could have envisioned what our Federal government would become. But there's the rub, imagine is all I've got. Naturally, I am a tad partial to the likes of Jefferson and Paine. We got us a stew, and what makes it good, or bad, is a matter of taste.
If our sexy Founding farts had made it a living Social Contract, the USC, then we, the people would had be better of.

United States

#171172 Nov 1, 2013
Bahhahhaaaaaaaa
Lost In Transition

Gentry, AR

#171173 Nov 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always suspected you were someone who has a photographic memory or close to it anyway.
Ask me a week from now what Obamas approval rating was last week and I wont remember. LOL.
Its just the way it is for me. I think I have explained my weak memory here before. Its why I try to avoid involved debates. I have to reread every post every time I reply to keep my train of thought. Its getting worse as the years go by. I had an incident with CO2 when I was younger and I blame it on that, and the excessive drug use in my youth probably has something to do with it......
More power to you though, your blessed to have a good memory......
I'm like that. I just figured my brain was full, and for every fact I stuff in my left ear one gets forced out my right. On top of that, I don't recognize faces. There's some big word for that, I used to know it but it fell out.

United States

#171174 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of head-scratchers....."adop ting Keynesian economics? The West adopted Keynesian theory back in the 30's, and it seems it worked pretty well for over 30 years, seeing as how we generally characterize the late 40's thru the early-70's as an idyllic age of general prosperity in the Western world often called the Golden Age of Capitalism.
The US and The UK in particular got away from Keynes in the 70's, and adopted Monetarist policies exemplified by Friedman among others. The US went cautious "trickle-down economics" in the 80's, and full-hog "piss-on-you-middle-class " in the oughts.
So, how's them chickens again?
Seems like Communist China Capitalism model is working for them pretty good in this century growing faster That US model . But we can do without those that don't fit . Improvement and revampimg US capitalistic model Hmmmm? At what price? Some on here will be irritate with me for bringing it up and complaining admantly you are a commie, KNOWING mCcARTYISM era politics of fearmongering they been brought up with... ahahhaahahahaa What models wORKS BEST GIVE IT A TRY?
Lost In Transition

Gentry, AR

#171176 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Long before I heard of a guy named Barack Obama, I coached my boy's LL team for a few years. On it was a nice player (good glove, no hit) by the name of Schafer.
Barack Shafer. Yeah, white boy.
So, when this Senator came along, the origins of his name weren't half as puzzling to us as it seemed to be to so many.
I played HS football with a kid named Jaycee Penny.
Always well dressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min thewordofme 763,145
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 554,471
How i Got My EX Husband Back home Thanks to Gr... 12 min lostlover256 1
Spiritual Rats (Amagudwane) That Bring Money ..... 15 min lostlover256 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min AussieBobby 263,316
Moses never existed 1 hr thewordofme 498
Last Word + 2 1 hr Richies Cool Man ... 939
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Just Wondering 603,494
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE