Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171135 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
As Ronnie Ramjet would say, "There you go again."
How can we have serious discussions in this nation when people insist on deliberate and willful misinformation? How can you trust anything they say in defense of any position? It just becomes a litany of escalating caterwauling. Tiresome and boring AND ensuring that real discussion can never ever take place. Retire to your corners and commence the food-fight. Politicians and industrialists, we'll blame each other with half-baked, even more poorly understood but oh-so-convenient, labels provided by our media overlords, you go ahead and carry on with your plans for pillaging the coffers.
Can't rebut diddly, can you?
....and now we are reminded why I dubbed thee: The Prince of Pork Barrel Filled Posts.

"Yeah, Lyndi. How can we have serious discussions when you keep throwing a wrench into the wheels of liberalism. Why do you keep popping my fantasy with FACTS? How can you say Obama lied when it's clear to ME that it was really just a false promise?"

Because to the delight of all my teachers and professors along my academic path, I am the feminine version of a Doubting Thomas. And I bitterly DOUBT liberalism as a solution to anything except where butter on lobster and baked potatoes is concerned. As a former student of the ancients, I believe that everything in moderation, nothing to excess is a wise philosophy and liberalism is excessive; thus unhealthy for an individual and unhealthy for a population of freedom loving people, so says Socrates. And waiting around while Nancy, Harry and Barry contort themselves and this nation into colossal knots trying to force liberalism to work is about as much fun and productive as waiting for Godot.

Let me tell you something, Hip. The >only< time you'll be satisfied with 'serious discussions' is when everyone else with an opposing position, shuts up and since I'm right on the edge of believing liberals have a mental disorder, the chances of me and others shutting up, are pretty slim.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171136 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me the corporate class is doing just fine without enlisting your aid to promote hyperbolic misinformation.
A recent study at UC Berkeley Center For Labor Research and Education found that if Wal-Mart raised it's minimum for all 1.3 million US workers to just $12, and passed the entire cost onto the consumer, it would raise the average shopping trip.......46 cents.
I know, your eyes just went red at the word "Berkeley" and so you are unable to receive much less address the point, and avoidance is the order of the day. As Dicken's Jenny Wren would say, "I know your ways and your manners."
But I'll plod on 'cos the point still needs to be made. Intra-class resentment and distrust is one of the more insidious factors engrained in the short-sighted middle-class psyche. The 1%ers take full advantage, to our detriment, and their profit.
IF I'm willing to pay a few cents more for lettuce - and it would be a few cents - so that workers can afford a living wage, we all prosper. A true fiscal conservative not in hock to ideology can see that clearly. In a closed-system, if you do better, I do better. You receive your wage, you buy lettuce, the worker and his family get a living wage, the trucker gets a job, the distributor makes a buck, the store wins, and all employees up and down the line benefit.
But we'd rather save a few cents while we resent those who have the audacity to fight to better themselves. But if a corporate raider fights tooth and nail to extract max profit at the expense of all workers and their pensions down the line, why, what a scion of business that man is!
"But how does business compete then with a Malaysian wage of $2?", you might say. Our Congress, if it cared about us, could take steps to help there as well. But Congress cares far more about it's multi-national corporate donors than it does about us.
What it is is, it's FUBAR, is what it is.
My eyes CROSSED at the mention of Berkeley.

Oh, you hoo!

Oh YOU HOOOOOOOOOO!

What's the difference between "Read my lips, no new taxes" and "If you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance plan. Period."

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#171137 Nov 1, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Health Care & VA, isn't that some sort of oxymoron or something?
We all have friends who use their VA benefits and I can't ever recall one of mine who really considers the health care aspect a benefit. More like a crap shoot or last resort.
Hey, but who am I to get in the way of someone else's happiness.
Never said the VA was the be-all and end-all of health care...which is another story altogether...all I'm saying is, that the 'I got mine-screw you' mentality is what drives our current 'health care program'. A program hodgepodged together out of overburdened emergency rooms, health care at the mercy of bean counters, the highest medical costs on the planet, and millions of folks without any 'health insurance' coverage at all, is preferable to some folks...mainly those who 'got theirs.'

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#171138 Nov 1, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>

Now scurry off to ring up Bush's approval rating for approx the same time period, for "comparison".
LMAO!!
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#171139 Nov 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
3)When unwed women are giving birth at a rate of 72% in the African American community, the MIA DAD's in that community presents a massive financial burden and Uncle Sam becomes the Dad. And the financial burden is only one negative outcome. The social calamity resulting from missing Dad's, is a nightmare. Got a liberal welfare program solution for that one? Why yes you do and guess what? They suck too.
Ok I was going to let it go, but you come back to it.

Preaching to the choir, sistah. Huge problem for society. Blaming welfare is like blaming a medic for patching an enemy soldier's wounds.

3 of 10 pregnancies in the White community are unwed. 6 of 10 in the Native American community. 4 of 10 in the Hispanic community. 1 of 3 in the US at large.

Out of courtesy, I am loathe to speculate why you seem compelled to single out African-American unwed pregnancies as THE "looming" problem.

Here's an interesting tidbit for chaw. Most of us recall the Law Enforcement community scratching their heads to answer why there appeared a sharp drop in adult-charged crime in the early 90's, that continued on into the decade, showing it wasn't just a one-off glitch.

Didja ever notice that started just about exactly 20 years after Roe v Wade?

That oughta set some heads t'spinnin', huh?
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#171140 Nov 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!
I know, that was funny, huh? Seein' as how he knew Bush's ratings were far below that, thus making it an idle and pissy comment. LMAO!!

#171141 Nov 1, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Health Care & VA, isn't that some sort of oxymoron or something?
We all have friends who use their VA benefits and I can't ever recall one of mine who really considers the health care aspect a benefit. More like a crap shoot or last resort.
Hey, but who am I to get in the way of someone else's happiness.
I've got a good friend who suffers with hepatitis thanks to the VA.......

#171142 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
As Ronnie Ramjet would say, "There you go again."
How can we have serious discussions in this nation when people insist on deliberate and willful misinformation? How can you trust anything they say in defense of any position? It just becomes a litany of escalating caterwauling. Tiresome and boring AND ensuring that real discussion can never ever take place. Retire to your corners and commence the food-fight. Politicians and industrialists, we'll blame each other with half-baked, even more poorly understood but oh-so-convenient, labels provided by our media overlords, you go ahead and carry on with your plans for pillaging the coffers.
And its always everyone else whose misinformed....You ALWAYS seem to have the RIGHT answers.....
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#171143 Nov 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
....and now we are reminded why I dubbed thee: The Prince of Pork Barrel Filled Posts.
"Yeah, Lyndi. How can we have serious discussions when you keep throwing a wrench into the wheels of liberalism. Why do you keep popping my fantasy with FACTS? How can you say Obama lied when it's clear to ME that it was really just a false promise?"
Because to the delight of all my teachers and professors along my academic path, I am the feminine version of a Doubting Thomas. And I bitterly DOUBT liberalism as a solution to anything except where butter on lobster and baked potatoes is concerned. As a former student of the ancients, I believe that everything in moderation, nothing to excess is a wise philosophy and liberalism is excessive; thus unhealthy for an individual and unhealthy for a population of freedom loving people, so says Socrates. And waiting around while Nancy, Harry and Barry contort themselves and this nation into colossal knots trying to force liberalism to work is about as much fun and productive as waiting for Godot.
Let me tell you something, Hip. The >only< time you'll be satisfied with 'serious discussions' is when everyone else with an opposing position, shuts up and since I'm right on the edge of believing liberals have a mental disorder, the chances of me and others shutting up, are pretty slim.
OK let me put it more simply, for the determinedly simple: How can you have a serious discussion when people insist on spreading outright self-serving lies like "Didja notice the Obamaphone program"? when Obama had nothing to do with the program, it was a Reagan-era conception, and is not a direct taxpayer-funded "entitlement".

How 'bout dem pips?

#171144 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I know, that was funny, huh? Seein' as how he knew Bush's ratings were far below that, thus making it an idle and pissy comment. LMAO!!
But he was right!!! You did scurry off to look........Your predictable Hip
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#171145 Nov 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Now see there's one of those "examples" that are not evidence at all. How come yours are useful and our's are not. We all know someone whose experience backs up our claims.
Since mine was a contrasting example to his original, I'm guessing you meant to address to him what brought it up.

'Cos I'm naive enough to think you could be consistent.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171146 Nov 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
My eyes CROSSED at the mention of Berkeley.
Oh, you hoo!
Oh YOU HOOOOOOOOOO!
What's the difference between "Read my lips, no new taxes" and "If you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance plan. Period."
One group of voters was smart enough to vote the guy out, the other group, not so much.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#171147 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
But he was right!!! You did scurry off to look........Your predictable Hip
Did I? Where did you see that?

For those of us who were paying attention prior to the right-wing klaxon-call of 2008, our memories still serve, at least on the simpler stuff.....
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#171148 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
1) None. In proper context, I found/find little fault in either statement.

2) I liked George the 1st. He was struggling to be a moderate against a strong undertow, that was soon to pull his entire party waaaay to the right.
===
1) Oh just Peeee-UKE. "In proper context...." Aren't you Mr. Generous when it suits your needs. They both lied as it turned out and YET, the democrats crucified Bush 1 for the exact same thing they are currently defending Obama so hard for, some of them are beginning to bleed.

2) I don't care if you liked him. What I care about is that you can't own how democrats tried to destroy him for it and Obama gets applause from democrats for the exact same thing.

That kind of liberal junk is why a lot of people can never join your club. Your members really do suck, Hip and we don't care how nice your golf course is. Who wants to play 18 holes with duplicitous liars? They continually move the ball to a better lie when no one's looking.
On second thought, scratch that.
They're so brazen now, they don't even care if you are looking. They just move the ball to wherever the hell they want to move it to, then look you in the eye and flat out deny it.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#171149 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>OK let me put it more simply, for the determinedly simple: How can you have a serious discussion when people insist on spreading outright self-serving lies like "Didja notice the Obamaphone program"? when Obama had nothing to do with the program, it was a Reagan-era conception, and is not a direct taxpayer-funded "entitlement".
How 'bout dem pips?
The Reagan era fits.

Most of the conversation about welfare, and the stereotypes about the VA, date from that era and ignore everything that's transpired since. That would include welfare reform and updates to the VA health care system ongoing since the Carter Administration.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171150 Nov 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The Reagan era fits.
Most of the conversation about welfare, and the stereotypes about the VA, date from that era and ignore everything that's transpired since. That would include welfare reform and updates to the VA health care system ongoing since the Carter Administration.
I don't know about the VA we gave up on them long ago, but welfare 1996-2012 is what I'm most familiar with. If that was reform it must have been a train wreck during the Reagan years, the bastard!!!
:)
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#171151 Nov 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
5) What kind of name is Mitt? Gee, Hip, you make this so easy. What kind of name is BARACK? And no, Romney wasn't in Animal House. I think that was Biff.
Long before I heard of a guy named Barack Obama, I coached my boy's LL team for a few years. On it was a nice player (good glove, no hit) by the name of Schafer.

Barack Shafer. Yeah, white boy.

So, when this Senator came along, the origins of his name weren't half as puzzling to us as it seemed to be to so many.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171152 Nov 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Since mine was a contrasting example to his original, I'm guessing you meant to address to him what brought it up.
'Cos I'm naive enough to think you could be consistent.
That's just it Hip his example doesn't count any more or less than yours. It's all evidence. But you set yourself aside as the exception, often.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#171153 Nov 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no chance of you shutting up.

You are congenitally domineering.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#171154 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
And its always everyone else whose misinformed....You ALWAYS seem to have the RIGHT answers.....
Don't you just know people like that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 13 min spotlight on truth 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min Correct 53,129
exhibitionism (Jul '13) 41 min HornySarah 10
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Gabriel 992,348
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 9 hr Doctor REALITY 26
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 hr Phooey 693,483
Savannah Brinson James: I'm really happy 4 U 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Holy Pipek 446,005
More from around the web