Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170861 Oct 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>its all good. Friday is here, wife will be home soon and while she doesn't know it yet I'm taking her out! Later gator.
;)

Location hidden

#170862 Oct 25, 2013
Here's a good read...

http://www.ontheissues.org/kathleen_sebelius....

Getting to know you...

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170863 Oct 25, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I was so far on the fringe in 1980 that I voted for the independent John Anderson - a centrist Republican who thought Reagan was too far right. That was after being so far on the fringe in 1976 that I voted for Ford.
My, how things change... you voted for Ford (R), and I voted for Carter (D).
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#170864 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Europes anger at Obama grows over NSA spying
By Los Angeles Times October 25, 2013
LONDON -- European leaders united in outrage Thursday over reported U.S. spying, with German Chancellor Angela Merkel declaring that trust between her government and the Obama administration would need to be rebuilt after reports that U.S. intelligence agencies might have tapped her cellphone.
Amid signs of anger from close allies over mass electronic surveillance, Germany's Foreign Ministry also summoned U.S. Ambassador John B. Emerson to make clear its displeasure. Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said afterward that he had demanded that "these activities that have been reported will be comprehensively investigated. We need the truth now."
==
Ho hum, just another day in the Obama administration. The good news is the president doesn't know anything about this (he never does) but he'll get to the bottom of it in a jiffy! Yay!
This is why I call most news propaganda now. This will have some fake outrage and then the story will go away. It has to really suck when our friends are telling us to pound sand. And I'm sure if we had a President Romney right now the media would cover this the same way. Sarcasm off.

Location hidden

#170865 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what that has to do with my post but maybe it's like a crossword puzzle. If I walk away from it for awhile and come back later maybe the answer will come to me.
===
Anyway, here are todays scoops.
Scoop 1)
Obama & Co. is going to fan out on the fundraising campaign trail again......(shocking, huh?) only this time to raise $$$'s for 2014 democrat challengers. He and his advisors think this is an excellent time to work toward replacing republicans in the House with democrats because they feel the GOP is seriously weakened due to the Tea Party inspired shutdown.
How great is THAT?(There's that nasty little ammunition I was telling you about which your little Teddy Bear Cruz handed them on a silver platter and they're now shooting republicans with.)
Good job!
Scoop 2) Moderate GOP is going on the warpath to oust Tea Party members to push for moderate republicans because they think the Tea Party is responsible for the low poll numbers brought about by the architect, Ted Cruz and his little band of usurping revelers.
Scoop 3) Tea Party polls are nosediving brought about by the fact that most Americans think the 24 billion dollar price tag it cost for Cruz to get his name up in lights was a bit steep. Many Americans also think Obamcare was headed for a meltdown anyway and the whole shutdown thing was all for naught. And judging from the reviews, the Tea Party performance in DC will never make it to Broadway. No one knows what to name it anyway. Was it much ado about nothing or was it a tempest in a teacup? Voters will have to decide in a year.
I think our government needs to change. Either that, or we just give up, join the Democrats, and continue to let ourselves become a redistributive nation. It would be nice if some of our Democrat leaning Republicans weren't so anxious to stab fellow Republicans in the back to get re-elected, and do what's best for the country instead.

I'm not ready to give up just yet. We'll see how the chips fall next November, and see what the voters want.

Lyndi wrote:
Scoop 4) Red Sox-Cardinals.
"BOSTON -- As a veteran of several Octobers, David Ortiz (Big Papi) doesn't sweat the small stuff. So when he had what would have been his second grand slam of this postseason taken away on a great catch by St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Carlos Beltran in the second inning Wednesday night, he knew what he had to do.
"Just make sure I hit it a little farther," Ortiz deadpanned hours later after getting revenge by hammering a two-run shot that helped the Red Sox cap an 8-1 victory over the Cardinals in Game 1 of the World Series."
Hey bobin, my Big Papi hit the 2nd one to the MOOOOOOOOOOON!
YAY!
Scoop 5)Same as scoop 4
Red Sox 8
Cardinals 1
I missed most of that game, and only got to see the first and ninth innings. I suppose I should consider myself fortunate.

I did get to see almost all of Game 2... I probably enjoyed that one a tad more than you did.

Location hidden

#170866 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz hijacked the US government and held it captive until his demands were met or someone blinked. The fallout from it was awful.
His demand was simple.
Defund a law of the land ---> or ELSE <---.
A LAW mind you which had 2 national elections based on it, it passed through both houses, it was signed by the POTUS and given the stamp of approval by SCOTUS.
You must have hated what Abraham Lincoln did.
Lyndi wrote:
Now, if you can make a case that minority groups (or people representing their constituencies) should be able to do that every time they dislike a law then at least I can set my watch to when this democracy will begin to unravel. Because if that is what we are now viewing as democracy, if interrupting the lives of 300 million and alarming the world so as to satisfy a few is okay because it didn't break a law...... we are in my opinion big blanking trouble.
I think we're in big trouble too, and it's time to change. Web can't afford to keep going in the direction the government is taking us.
Lyndi wrote:
And just so we're clear, I detest the ACA as much as you do and probably more.
What I detest and FEAR more, is a government run amok.
What I detest is a government that acts like the ruling class, and doesn't listen to the people.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170867 Oct 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
My, how things change... you voted for Ford (R), and I voted for Carter (D).
Yeah, well, Carter didn't impress me during his campaign, and he lived 'up' to his expectations.

Location hidden

#170868 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, where was Cruz in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/p...

Location hidden

#170869 Oct 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
What I detest is a government that acts like the ruling class, and doesn't listen to the people.
Which country are you speaking about?
Obama got 51.1 percent of the popular vote to Mitt Romney's 47.2 percent, a four point margin. A virtual split when considering the millions who voted. Seems to me that he is listening to the country. I'm guessing in 2016 the spread will be greater and the cries will be louder.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170870 Oct 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed most of that game, and only got to see the first and ninth innings. I suppose I should consider myself fortunate.
I did get to see almost all of Game 2... I probably enjoyed that one a tad more than you did.
I certainly enjoyed last night better'n the night before.

:-)

Sure do wish the Missouri/South Carolina football game was an afternoon event tomorrow, though.
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#170871 Oct 25, 2013
ADD One more thing biddy-eyed bad bob and news flash.

You forgot about not so well known many US smaller wars and Covert wars waged worldwide, that is our corrupted US media beholden to corporatism/Govt controls withhold many info from the public

United States

#170872 Oct 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I think our government needs to change. Either that, or we just give up, join the Democrats, and continue to let ourselves become a redistributive nation. It would be nice if some of our Democrat leaning Republicans weren't so anxious to stab fellow Republicans in the back to get re-elected, and do what's best for the country instead.
I'm not ready to give up just yet. We'll see how the chips fall next November, and see what the voters want.
<quoted text>
demoncrats and Rebubliecans are not answer, both are corrupted and greed, and the power-seeking had inseminated their bas, its principle and value system gone to Corporatism, what you looking at is secretive collobaration - a bipartisanshop-of-horror agendas ! Wake up times Doofuses! Abahhaahaaaaa

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#170873 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Who will reform it? The rooster is guarding the hen house. Maybe a messiah will rise up from among us!/sarcasm
Not sure.

But the US led the way in getting the UN organized at the SF conference
in 1945, so apparently [we] can call for reform. Also, in 2011, Sec Gen Ban Ki-Moon appointed Atul Khare of India to "spearhead efforts to implement a reform agenda aimed at streamlining and improving the efficiency of the world body." Read more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_of_the_Un...

Other good reads:
https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/schles....
http://globalsolutions.org/united-nations/ref...

United States

#170874 Oct 25, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure.
But the US led the way in getting the UN organized at the SF conference
in 1945, so apparently [we] can call for reform. Also, in 2011, Sec Gen Ban Ki-Moon appointed Atul Khare of India to "spearhead efforts to implement a reform agenda aimed at streamlining and improving the efficiency of the world body." Read more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_of_the_Un...
Other good reads:
https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/schles....
http://globalsolutions.org/united-nations/ref...
What you know about India AND Iran with US losing touch with reality? time to test you closet case! abhaahahahaaa

United States

#170875 Oct 25, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, well, Carter didn't impress me during his campaign, and he lived 'p' to his expectations.
This should impress most of you! Satan = USA , its not me saying this, he really put it up there with rest of the crew give true perspective, good .moral leaders tell trust like never before on where US is heading . BAHAHAHAaaaaaa!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170876 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, we made a mistake, bad intel? We apologize? Sorry Mr. Bob, I feel that is just unacceptable. Personally I’m not feelin’ it. Too many lives were snuffed out unnecessarily. What a waste, what a waste. Not to mention the lives of horror that will continue as a result of that decision.
War as been considered a “viable” alternative by our ancestors to settling human dispute and has inflicted widespread destruction and terror on many groups of the past including the groups you have listed, the bed has been made for us and we are forced to lye down in it. Politicians have no other alternative other than to continue this barbaric world bankers past time. Imo.
<possible dupe-1st one disappeared back to the future>.

Gotta agree. But [we] didn't learn of our mistake until we were already there in Iraq.

There we found the truth of Hussein's oppressive regime. One of torture, abuse, and murder. And of his 2 evil sons penchant to rape, torture and murder innocent women and children to satisfy their abyssmal depravity.

GW Bush decided to free millions of Iraqis, to be able to elect and run their own democratic government, and to take part in national elections. You could see the pride these people had in literally risking their lives to go to the polls and vote, many for the 1st time in their lives.(Remember the purple thumbs)?

You said it. "Too many lives were lost unnecessarily". But most of those
murdered were at the hand of ruthless coward insurgents, trying to show the US was guilty party, in order to spread hatred and have all coalition forces ousted. It didn't work, mainly because Iraqis saw who the real villans were
and stood up for the US.

Many innocent people were also murdered by cowards who wanted to ignite another civil war, and blame it on the US. That didn't work either, same reason.

After Mubarak fell in Egypt, other countries like Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, and eventually Syria, began rebelling. They wanted a chance to change their leadership too, and the domino effect was making plenty of hardcore arabs nervous. Iran was VERY nervous, because they'd already come close to a revolution or two, and the mullahs didn't want any part of that.

<sorry, didn't mean to ramble, but these radicals really get on my last nerve.>

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170877 Oct 25, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>According to Polls over 70% of our US population detest US Wars and over 179 nations gave US the Big middle fingers because of US militaristic neo-Imperalism agendas. BAhahahaaa
OK if that's true (70%) that's a landslide majority, and there's no more need for you to continue blabbering on. You've accomplished yer little mission, and now it's time for you to move on. You ain't NEVR gonna get a better percentage. Bub bye!

Worthless troll!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170878 Oct 25, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>What you know about India AND Iran with US losing touch with reality? time to test you closet case! abhaahahahaaa
Again, you don't have the English capability to test ANYone about ANYthing.

Go find a neighbor or someone who can speak our language.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#170879 Oct 25, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>No, not Cruz's fault
Sooo, he just really really likes Green Eggs and Ham, so much that he'd rather read that into the Congressional Record then allow discussion on the budget in the 11th hour?
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>and you can't tell me Obama didn't want that so he could say how nasty them republicans are.
Sounds like hindsight myth-making in action to me, but if that's the case, are you sayin' the right honorable Mr. Cruz was so naive and oblivious as to not know the President's arch plan? Cos that is what you're sayin'.....
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Btw all he had to do was delay the individual mandate uh...six weeks. That would have been a compromise. it'll be more, just watch.
You "know history" so well but you so quickly forget Cruz' stated goal? Clue - it wasn't "delay the individual mandate".
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Now you tell me who suffered besides the vets who wanted to see the memorials which was so foolish as they are open air and do not require the govt but Obama gave instructions to block 'em.
Oh not much. Just 800,000 federal workers and their families. Just a few thousand servicemen and women waiting for their pre-deployment training. Just a few kids wondering about their cancer treatments. Just silly stuff like that.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It IS nothing new. Occurred a couple times before. Not for as long but we've never had a two year old for president before. I'm not the one who is low information, m'dear. I know my history and I know what politicians are up to.
You do? Oh yeah, you "see" deeper than most, according to the resume you dropped off. Well, your history book is different than mine, Ms. Omniscient. The last one lasted almost a week longer in my book.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You on the other hand think Obama can do no wrong. I never took you for hero worship.
You didn't? One wonders then why don't you trust your first instinct?

Could it be that you're just petulantly tossing out yet another dismal go-to blanket dismissal phrase that allows you to avoid facts?

I tend to the progressive side of most questions, no secret or shame there. I'm a cynical optimist, if you will, or a hopeful pessimist, if you won't. But if you were really paying attention rather than seeking to reinforce your own predispositions, you'd note that I do NOT want to see a government controlled in the executive AND legislative branches by any single party.

And swashbuckler Cruz and his merry pirates just pushed the barge a long way toward that reef.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#170880 Oct 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text> Point two this poster and I go back to 07. I'm transparent and have zero respect for the man. It goes back a way and will leave it at that.
No, go ahead, tell it. It's a good'un. I've got nothing to be ashamed of.

Do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min ChristineM 809,371
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min confrinting with ... 573,935
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 24 min Hunter 275
Charles Smith 41 min Marlene and Holly 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Antique Annie 608,162
Trump: Hillary, McCain were 'birthers' 56 min onemale 3
Casual Dating in Your Area 59 min HotLevis 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 268,865
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Prabakaran 5,625
More from around the web