Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170885 Oct 25, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Silly boy. You present yourself as so well versed but yer not. of course Cruz started with defunding Obamacare. but what most Republicans were looking for was a compromise. I'll never get over the fact that they absolutely Democrats absolutely refused to be on Obamacare, good enough for everyone else, not for them.
Cruz unfortunately didn't change anything except to bring about a little closer scrutiny of Obamacare. That's good. But the power you're giving him, doesn't exist.
If Lyndi is still wondering why I wished her luck when I saw she was going to try to talk bare bones politics, this ought to clear it up for her.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#170886 Oct 25, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>And brag about it for the next five years. Your post alone was not discretionary. Just so you know.
sarcasm

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
Lost In Transition

United States

#170887 Oct 25, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh not much. Just 800,000 federal workers and their families. Just a few thousand servicemen and women waiting for their pre-deployment training. Just a few kids wondering about their cancer treatments. Just silly stuff like that.
The training of our troops was short-sheeted in response to the sequester. According to General Odierno, US Army Chief-of-Staff:
"Due to sequester I may be asked to deploy thousands of soldiers somewhere.... that we have not properly trained them to go... because we simply don't have the dollars and money because of sequestration."
Funny thing is (or not so funny), since sequestration 1.2 $billion$ has been earmarked for facility expansion and military operations in North Africa. We are paying to ramp up offensively oriented operations in yet another theater, while claiming we don't have the money to train the very kids we'll throw into that mess, or even the operations we're already committed to. You really gotta start to wonder who the hell is deciding what we can, and can't, do without.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170888 Oct 25, 2013
lisw wrote:
Btw Hip if you've never done it this is how bargaining goes.
"I'll give you $500 for that car."
"Are you kidding me that car is worth $4000."
"Well look it's got bad tires and a dent in the side"
"Okay I'll let you have it for $3000."
"No, I saw a car on the lot that was a year newer and had good tires for $2500"
Okay then $2000."
etc etc.
Until each of them gets hardly anything they wanted but each gets just a little something. The first bid is rarely realistic.
Obama compromised the ACA all the way from single-payer, to insurance company bonanza, guaranteeing that the insurance companies not only stayed in business, but continued to grow...and yet, if you think anybody got what they wanted, given that now they have to spend a minimum of 80% of premiums on actual HEALTH CARE, instead of CEO salaries, you're not paying attention to the reality. ACA as passed is a HUGE compromise, and worked out EXACTLY the way you describe above.

(More irony)
Lost In Transition

United States

#170889 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Scoop 1) True!
Scoop 2) Little did John McCain know what he was giving birth to when he chose Sarah Palin as a running mate, hmm?
How do those two reconcile that partnership I wonder....
Scoop 3) "obamacare is still a "meltdown", and will be a bigger influence on the '14 elections than a government shut down ever would."
True! Which is why we didn't need Cruz doing what he did. GOP polls were higher BC.
*BC = Before Cruz.
Scoop 4) You skipped the Red Sox scoop! That's ok. Just gives me a chance to say it again.
Red Sox 8- YAY!
Cardinals 1- BOOOOOOOO
Yah, that was an odd couple. A T-party favorite teamed up with what was probably the first really big T-party victim. Strange.

No doubt, they played that poorly. I thought Cruz did a great job of bringing obamacare to national attention, perfect timing, but then didn't use that attention nearly as effectively as he could have. Blew a real opportunity, there. I still think the problems obamacare is going to cause, on the personal level, will bolster T-party ratings by next election though. Could be wrong.

I haven't caught any of the games yet. Still feeling bad for my Dodgers. Pretty sure the Cardinals cheated.

Lost In Transition

United States

#170890 Oct 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Europes anger at Obama grows over NSA spying
By Los Angeles Times October 25, 2013
LONDON -- European leaders united in outrage Thursday over reported U.S. spying, with German Chancellor Angela Merkel declaring that trust between her government and the Obama administration would need to be rebuilt after reports that U.S. intelligence agencies might have tapped her cellphone.
Amid signs of anger from close allies over mass electronic surveillance, Germany's Foreign Ministry also summoned U.S. Ambassador John B. Emerson to make clear its displeasure. Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said afterward that he had demanded that "these activities that have been reported will be comprehensively investigated. We need the truth now."
==
Ho hum, just another day in the Obama administration. The good news is the president doesn't know anything about this (he never does) but he'll get to the bottom of it in a jiffy! Yay!
In all fairness to obama, the NSA is pretty shady. If the guy doesn't know what the IRS is doing, or the State Department, or the Justice Department, or the ATF, or even how obamacare is coming along you can't really blame him for losing track of the spooks.
Lost In Transition

United States

#170891 Oct 26, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Now ... howzabout them 'barbaric world bankers' you speak of?
This might be one:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HkT3dXVLgkk/TpQ9-rT...

This Justice Department would never jail one, though. Just extort them.
Lost In Transition

United States

#170892 Oct 26, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Obama compromised the ACA all the way from single-payer, to insurance company bonanza, guaranteeing that the insurance companies not only stayed in business, but continued to grow...and yet, if you think anybody got what they wanted, given that now they have to spend a minimum of 80% of premiums on actual HEALTH CARE, instead of CEO salaries, you're not paying attention to the reality. ACA as passed is a HUGE compromise, and worked out EXACTLY the way you describe above.
(More irony)
obamacare is pure Neo-corporatism. Play by our rules, and we'll throw ya a bone. Just don't forget who's in charge. What's kind of interesting is the pigs are already starting to complain about the lack of slop. Appears the healthy, so far, just aren't interested. Lots of talk about "death spirals". I hope they put a little more thought into Plan B than they did in Plan A.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#170893 Oct 26, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
The training of our troops was short-sheeted in response to the sequester. According to General Odierno, US Army Chief-of-Staff:
"Due to sequester I may be asked to deploy thousands of soldiers somewhere.... that we have not properly trained them to go... because we simply don't have the dollars and money because of sequestration."
Funny thing is (or not so funny), since sequestration 1.2 $billion$ has been earmarked for facility expansion and military operations in North Africa. We are paying to ramp up offensively oriented operations in yet another theater, while claiming we don't have the money to train the very kids we'll throw into that mess, or even the operations we're already committed to. You really gotta start to wonder who the hell is deciding what we can, and can't, do without.
Roger that. Sequestration injected the uncertainty in the General's statement, but a family member is set to deploy in December, and the training was go right up until the shutdown. As you can imagine, it wasn't an abstract thing around this house.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#170894 Oct 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
Btw Hip if you've never done it this is how bargaining goes.
"I'll give you $500 for that car."
"Are you kidding me that car is worth $4000."
"Well look it's got bad tires and a dent in the side"
"Okay I'll let you have it for $3000."
"No, I saw a car on the lot that was a year newer and had good tires for $2500"
Okay then $2000."
etc etc.
Until each of them gets hardly anything they wanted but each gets just a little something. The first bid is rarely realistic.
Nice revision again.

Now try that gambit this way. Negotiate, settle on a deal, draw up the paperwork, then right at signing, reneg on the deal, throw it back to square one, AND hold the owner's family hostage until they agree to your low-ball offer.

NOW you got a closer analogy to what REALLY happened.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#170895 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
No doubt, they played that poorly. I thought Cruz did a great job of bringing obamacare to national attention, perfect timing, but then didn't use that attention nearly as effectively as he could have. Blew a real opportunity, there. I still think the problems obamacare is going to cause, on the personal level, will bolster T-party ratings by next election though. Could be wrong.
Cruz brought attention to ObamaCare? I'm confused. The ACA was a result of extensive negotiation spanning 11-odd months, was and is the target of conservative media and politios ever since, was a major topic through two election cycles, was taken to the Supreme Court and upheld....

and you're saying "Cruz did a great job of bringing obamacare to national attention"?

Cruz threw a temper tantrum, like a child that doesn't want to go to bed. You know he's going to go to bed, negotiations and delay are over, it's time to head up, and he threw himself to the floor and held his breath until he turned blue.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170896 Oct 26, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You must have hated what Abraham Lincoln did.

2) I think we're in big trouble too, and it's time to change. We can't afford to keep going in the direction the government is taking us.

3) What I detest is a government that acts like the ruling class, and doesn't listen to the people.
=====

1) If you're going to make an A. Lincoln - T. Cruz comparison just tell me when so I don't miss it,'cause I've been waiting months to say, "Ted Cruz is no Abraham Lincoln!"

2) I agree we can't afford to keep going in this direction. The difference between you and me is this. You just want to yank the steering wheel hard into the right hand lane and I want to ease right and wind up somewhere in the middle of the road. Possibly even straddle a couple lanes!

3)The government we have, with all that ruling class attitude you're talking about, was put there by the people, bobin. If you want to place the blame somewhere, I suggest you look to the people for not being more discerning and scrutinizing about who they send to Washington.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#170897 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
This might be one:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HkT3dXVLgkk/TpQ9-rT...
This Justice Department would never jail one, though. Just extort them.
That guy's claim to fame was taking people's homes.

Citizen Flash was alluding to barbaric bankers in an entirely different context (war), but apparently doesn't want to elaborate.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#170898 Oct 26, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruz threw a temper tantrum, like a child that doesn't want to go to bed. You know he's going to go to bed, negotiations and delay are over, it's time to head up, and he threw himself to the floor and held his breath until he turned blue.
Quite the attention getter, wasn't it?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170899 Oct 26, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
1) On your first point I have no doubt there are racist in the tp.

2) Since for the most part the 9 12 project that I'm a part of will be seen by most as the tp let's talk about it. I've yet to anyone in this group question Obama on his race, religion, origin of birth. But if/ when people in these groups show themselves to be racist, call it out. I sure will.

3)Point two this poster and I go back to 07. I'm transparent and have zero respect for the man. It goes back a way and will leave it at that.

4)Also on a question you asked me, if it came to the bible or the Constitution which one would win out for me? I just don't know.
=====
1) I think there is more bigotry and racism in the Tea Party than we know. The under the radar, under the breath, kind.......

2) Good!

3) Say no more, it's none of my business. You know, Chris, one of the more admirable requirements of being Christian in my opinion is being able to forgive your enemies or being nice to your enemies or however that saying goes. What most people don't get about Christianity I think,-(and I don't know for sure) but I think parts of it are probably a whole lot harder than it looks, to actually put into a day to day practice.

4) If being a good American is important to you and being a good Christian is important to you, it will probably work itself out and you won't ever have to choose.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#170900 Oct 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
=====

3)The government we have, with all that ruling class attitude you're talking about, was put there by the people, bobin. If you want to place the blame somewhere, I suggest you look to the people for not being more discerning and scrutinizing about who they send to Washington.
The problem is I cant do anything about 99% of them that are sent to Washington.

Most of the country doesnt like Boehner, but the people in his district do. I cant see how anyone could elect Pelosi, but I doubt she has anything to worry about in the next election, even with all her lies and the we'll have to pass it to see whats in it BS. In my own little area of the world HIP and Willie constantly go after Bachmann, but she is liked in her district.

Its always everybody elses representative that deserves the axe, not our own. I'm gonna have a hard time voting against Klobuchar, even though I think every incumbent should be voted out.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170901 Oct 26, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed most of that game, and only got to see the first and ninth innings. I suppose I should consider myself fortunate.
I did get to see almost all of Game 2... I probably enjoyed that one a tad more than you did.
There was a game 2? I'm sure I don't know what you're referring to......

lol- Just kidding.
Just you wait til game 3, bobin! We'll be ready!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170903 Oct 26, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>This is why I call most news propaganda now. This will have some fake outrage and then the story will go away. It has to really suck when our friends are telling us to pound sand. And I'm sure if we had a President Romney right now the media would cover this the same way. Sarcasm off.
I'm not sure the European outrage is >fake< over this spying thing although some of it might be show for their particular domestic issues- don't know for sure but what's more interesting to me is that this piece came up in the LA Times and I could be wrong but I'm wondering if the bloom is finally coming off the Obama rose.

Democrats and liberal media seem to be a little less enamoured and enthusiastic with him of late and if I didn't know better I'd say maybe they were growing tired of propping him up and covering for his oopsies? I'm sensing a change in the wind and I've seen it in the NY Times, CBS, even his # 1 supporter Chris Matthews has lost his gush----
I could have told them all Barry wasn't anything special years ago...All they had to do was ask! lol-

But seriously, my guess is, if Obama has overstayed his welcome they'll dump him like yesterdays news and begin with the ALL HAIL HILLARY thing earlier than originally planned.
I don't know which is worse. The we love Obama thing or we used to love Obama but now we love Hillary thing.

GAWD!

lol-
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#170904 Oct 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
=====
1) I think there is more bigotry and racism in the Tea Party than we know. The under the radar, under the breath, kind.......
2) Good!
3) Say no more, it's none of my business. You know, Chris, one of the more admirable requirements of being Christian in my opinion is being able to forgive your enemies or being nice to your enemies or however that saying goes. What most people don't get about Christianity I think,-(and I don't know for sure) but I think parts of it are probably a whole lot harder than it looks, to actually put into a day to day practice.
4) If being a good American is important to you and being a good Christian is important to you, it will probably work itself out and you won't ever have to choose.
For me it hits home like this: I lived in Mobile, Al, when I was a kid. I thank God for my parents that respected everyone and taught us not judge a book by its cover. When I learned of the ugly history of the place I lived I wanted to vomit. Had I lived in an earlier time the kkk might have killed me. Thing is today in 2013 I'm seeing much bigotry and outright racism get a pass because of pc. Screw that and while its nothing close to the level of our history it needs to be called out no matter who it is. For me as a Christian the hardest one is to love and do good for your enemy. Work in progress.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#170905 Oct 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure the European outrage is >fake< over this spying thing although some of it might be show for their particular domestic issues- don't know for sure but what's more interesting to me is that this piece came up in the LA Times and I could be wrong but I'm wondering if the bloom is finally coming off the Obama rose.
Democrats and liberal media seem to be a little less enamoured and enthusiastic with him of late and if I didn't know better I'd say maybe they were growing tired of propping him up and covering for his oopsies? I'm sensing a change in the wind and I've seen it in the NY Times, CBS, even his # 1 supporter Chris Matthews has lost his gush----
I could have told them all Barry wasn't anything special years ago...All they had to do was ask! lol-
But seriously, my guess is, if Obama has overstayed his welcome they'll dump him like yesterdays news and begin with the ALL HAIL HILLARY thing earlier than originally planned.
I don't know which is worse. The we love Obama thing or we used to love Obama but now we love Hillary thing.
GAWD!
lol-
I don't think there outrage is false. I do think the media with rarity forgets the most important thing they do is keep government in check no matter who is in office. Some time back in a press conference I linked a story with a reporter named Christy Parsons. The only thing she didn't do was genuflect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 650,841
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 971,899
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min -Mr Mxyzptlk- 56,466
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 11 min Johnny 214
I want a sugar daddy! (May '12) 19 min danny london 118
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min WasteWater 2,363
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,105
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Nacked Truth 45,015
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 14 hr Ajay 74
More from around the web