UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#170850 Oct 25, 2013
Senator Hiram Johnson

The war [WWI] has set back the people for a generation. They have become slaves to the government.

United States

#170851 Oct 25, 2013
Senator Tom Harkin, 11/8/07

Even in 1215, the King of England was held to the standard of habeas corpus. I guess we want to turn the clock back to before the Magna Carta... We need an attorney general to tell this king that he's wrong, and that the rule of law will apply and the rule of law says we will not torture. We will not be like our enemies.

United States

#170852 Oct 25, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Get lost AH.
Take a trip to the middle east or Philippines, and start blabbering about
warmongers, and all the other gibberish you regurgitate endlessly. You have nothing to fear from terrorists over there. Yer on their side, against the US constant involvement with war.
You can always come back all contrite in the next life, and explain to everyone that "sorry, I lost my head", and "should'a kept my big trap shut"
Nope not on their side, as i don't believe in war and violence, as you right wingers/war mongers , you are the ones that love violence and wars, terrorism and dissension, inciters of division and hate...

United States

#170853 Oct 25, 2013
Howard Zinn

Terrorism and War, p48

Terrorism has replaced Communism as the rationale for the militarization of the country, for military adventures abroad, and for the suppression of civil liberties at home. It serves the same purpose, serving to create hysteria.

United States

#170854 Oct 25, 2013
Noam Chomsky, 9-11, book, p44

The U.S. is the only country that was condemned for international terrorism by the World Court and that rejected a Security Council resolution calling on states to observe international law.
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#170855 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I really donít think it will make much of a difference Chris. The electorate will gasp for a few days and if lucky, a few weeks then forget it. After all, we are talking about the public memory span. Your side has had its moments as well. Gotta love Google!
True. While I can't stand the direction President Obama takes the nation I see him not so much as the problem more like the symptom.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170856 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
She can hang out with Lois Lerner from the IRS!
Meh!

Location hidden

#170857 Oct 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>True. While I can't stand the direction President Obama takes the nation I see him not so much as the problem more like the symptom.
There ya go!

Cheer yourself up...google some famous quotes about happiness!
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#170858 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
====
1) Many people agree with you on that. Do you think there is any bigotry or racism worth addressing within the Tea Party and with some of it's Christian members?
The reason I ask, is because if there IS, or even if that is just that perception, I think you can look to that as to the root of the problem you're experiencing with backlash. You and I work differently, I guess. If a whole lot of people were pointing in my direction yelling "SMOKE!," the first thing I'd do is look for fire to find out why they were yelling "SMOKE!" You just tell people there is no smoke and would prefer it if they'd just keep their opinions to themselves; thus, never putting to rest if there was any truth in what they were yelling.
2) You say you wish more on the left would tell you how they feel and then you turn around and pretty much tell your opponents to buzz off.
Case in point:
<quoted text>
You're telling a poster you don't care about his opinion, you're telling him what he sees as truth is smear, you're bashing him for exercising his right to vote differently from you, you're telling him most of what he says is crap and finally, with authority you don't have, you condescendingly give him permission to "carry on."
Do you not see how that comes across?
Plus, you just said you want to know how they feel, then you just annihilated someone for telling you how they feel.
Seems kinda screwy to me up here on the turnip truck!
On your first point I have no doubt there are racist in the tp. Since for the most part the 9 12 project that I'm a part of will be seen by most as the tp let's talk about it. I've yet to anyone in this group question Obama on his race, religion, origin of birth. But if/ when people in these groups show themselves to be racist, call it out. I sure will. Point two this poster and I go back to 07. I'm transparent and have zero respect for the man. It goes back a way and will leave it at that. Also on a question you asked me, if it came to the bible or the Constitution which one would win out for me? I just don't know. I have as much faith as I can have in God and do think the day will come when God alone will set up a perfect theocracy. IMO wise men that started this nation wanted people to be as free as possible to pursue a path. I pray we remain free to do as we wish.
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#170859 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go!
Cheer yourself up...google some famous quotes about happiness!
its all good. Friday is here, wife will be home soon and while she doesn't know it yet I'm taking her out! Later gator.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#170860 Oct 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>its all good. Friday is here, wife will be home soon and while she doesn't know it yet I'm taking her out! Later gator.
Have fun.

And good luck with that theocracy you're hoping for.

Location hidden

#170861 Oct 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>its all good. Friday is here, wife will be home soon and while she doesn't know it yet I'm taking her out! Later gator.
;)

Location hidden

#170862 Oct 25, 2013
Here's a good read...

http://www.ontheissues.org/kathleen_sebelius....

Getting to know you...

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170863 Oct 25, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I was so far on the fringe in 1980 that I voted for the independent John Anderson - a centrist Republican who thought Reagan was too far right. That was after being so far on the fringe in 1976 that I voted for Ford.
My, how things change... you voted for Ford (R), and I voted for Carter (D).
Chris Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#170864 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Europes anger at Obama grows over NSA spying
By Los Angeles Times October 25, 2013
LONDON -- European leaders united in outrage Thursday over reported U.S. spying, with German Chancellor Angela Merkel declaring that trust between her government and the Obama administration would need to be rebuilt after reports that U.S. intelligence agencies might have tapped her cellphone.
Amid signs of anger from close allies over mass electronic surveillance, Germany's Foreign Ministry also summoned U.S. Ambassador John B. Emerson to make clear its displeasure. Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said afterward that he had demanded that "these activities that have been reported will be comprehensively investigated. We need the truth now."
==
Ho hum, just another day in the Obama administration. The good news is the president doesn't know anything about this (he never does) but he'll get to the bottom of it in a jiffy! Yay!
This is why I call most news propaganda now. This will have some fake outrage and then the story will go away. It has to really suck when our friends are telling us to pound sand. And I'm sure if we had a President Romney right now the media would cover this the same way. Sarcasm off.

Location hidden

#170865 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what that has to do with my post but maybe it's like a crossword puzzle. If I walk away from it for awhile and come back later maybe the answer will come to me.
===
Anyway, here are todays scoops.
Scoop 1)
Obama & Co. is going to fan out on the fundraising campaign trail again......(shocking, huh?) only this time to raise $$$'s for 2014 democrat challengers. He and his advisors think this is an excellent time to work toward replacing republicans in the House with democrats because they feel the GOP is seriously weakened due to the Tea Party inspired shutdown.
How great is THAT?(There's that nasty little ammunition I was telling you about which your little Teddy Bear Cruz handed them on a silver platter and they're now shooting republicans with.)
Good job!
Scoop 2) Moderate GOP is going on the warpath to oust Tea Party members to push for moderate republicans because they think the Tea Party is responsible for the low poll numbers brought about by the architect, Ted Cruz and his little band of usurping revelers.
Scoop 3) Tea Party polls are nosediving brought about by the fact that most Americans think the 24 billion dollar price tag it cost for Cruz to get his name up in lights was a bit steep. Many Americans also think Obamcare was headed for a meltdown anyway and the whole shutdown thing was all for naught. And judging from the reviews, the Tea Party performance in DC will never make it to Broadway. No one knows what to name it anyway. Was it much ado about nothing or was it a tempest in a teacup? Voters will have to decide in a year.
I think our government needs to change. Either that, or we just give up, join the Democrats, and continue to let ourselves become a redistributive nation. It would be nice if some of our Democrat leaning Republicans weren't so anxious to stab fellow Republicans in the back to get re-elected, and do what's best for the country instead.

I'm not ready to give up just yet. We'll see how the chips fall next November, and see what the voters want.

Lyndi wrote:
Scoop 4) Red Sox-Cardinals.
"BOSTON -- As a veteran of several Octobers, David Ortiz (Big Papi) doesn't sweat the small stuff. So when he had what would have been his second grand slam of this postseason taken away on a great catch by St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Carlos Beltran in the second inning Wednesday night, he knew what he had to do.
"Just make sure I hit it a little farther," Ortiz deadpanned hours later after getting revenge by hammering a two-run shot that helped the Red Sox cap an 8-1 victory over the Cardinals in Game 1 of the World Series."
Hey bobin, my Big Papi hit the 2nd one to the MOOOOOOOOOOON!
YAY!
Scoop 5)Same as scoop 4
Red Sox 8
Cardinals 1
I missed most of that game, and only got to see the first and ninth innings. I suppose I should consider myself fortunate.

I did get to see almost all of Game 2... I probably enjoyed that one a tad more than you did.

Location hidden

#170866 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz hijacked the US government and held it captive until his demands were met or someone blinked. The fallout from it was awful.
His demand was simple.
Defund a law of the land ---> or ELSE <---.
A LAW mind you which had 2 national elections based on it, it passed through both houses, it was signed by the POTUS and given the stamp of approval by SCOTUS.
You must have hated what Abraham Lincoln did.
Lyndi wrote:
Now, if you can make a case that minority groups (or people representing their constituencies) should be able to do that every time they dislike a law then at least I can set my watch to when this democracy will begin to unravel. Because if that is what we are now viewing as democracy, if interrupting the lives of 300 million and alarming the world so as to satisfy a few is okay because it didn't break a law...... we are in my opinion big blanking trouble.
I think we're in big trouble too, and it's time to change. Web can't afford to keep going in the direction the government is taking us.
Lyndi wrote:
And just so we're clear, I detest the ACA as much as you do and probably more.
What I detest and FEAR more, is a government run amok.
What I detest is a government that acts like the ruling class, and doesn't listen to the people.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170867 Oct 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
My, how things change... you voted for Ford (R), and I voted for Carter (D).
Yeah, well, Carter didn't impress me during his campaign, and he lived 'up' to his expectations.

Location hidden

#170868 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, where was Cruz in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/p...

Location hidden

#170869 Oct 25, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
What I detest is a government that acts like the ruling class, and doesn't listen to the people.
Which country are you speaking about?
Obama got 51.1 percent of the popular vote to Mitt Romney's 47.2 percent, a four point margin. A virtual split when considering the millions who voted. Seems to me that he is listening to the country. I'm guessing in 2016 the spread will be greater and the cries will be louder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Moses convince God that He was wrong? 7 min hpcaban 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Darwins Stepchild 830,229
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Paul Porter1 99,247
liston is here and still dancing wilth new pro... (May '13) 23 min stee 22
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 24 min Halle Berry Sister 2,303
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Robert F 585,716
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 44 min lovewithin 40,216
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr dr Shrink 611,943
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 3,923
More from around the web