Bush is a hero

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170828 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it'll all blow over, maybe it won't. But when the GOP polls were substantially higher before the shutdown than after the shutdown I think it's worth looking at. Elections can be won or lost on these sorts of things.

*** Poll: Americans not happy about shutdown; more blame GOP- CBS

*** Boehner takes shutdown hit in new CNN poll

*** Oct 21, 2013 · More than half say it's bad for the country the GOP controls the House

*** Oct 22, 2013 · Polls Raise Fear Among GOP That Shutdown Severely Hurt Party

*** Major damage to GOP after shutdown- Washington Post Oct 22, 2013

*** Oct 24, 2013 · After the Shutdown, Republicans Sort Through the Wreckage

*** Poll: Shutdown Could Cost GOP Control Of The House

*** CNN Poll: Republicans bear the brunt of shutdown blame

*** Poll: 70 percent disapprove of GOP handling of government shutdown
Who were polled -

Adult Voters?
Registered Voters?
Eligible Voters?
Likely Voters?

I'm fairly sure that can't be answered easily but it would make a difference.

Gotta love the media!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170829 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>

I heard yesterday during C-Span's coverage of the Web-Site hearing that the Health Care website crashed only after 2000 or so hits.
hmmmm...
The C team built the website but Sebelius is said to be bringing in the A team now. You'd think for 600+ million dollars we could have had the A team from the get go. 600+ million just doesn't buy what it used to, I guess.
I've been wondering whay Obama hasn't fired her and it then dawned on me that if he fired all the people in his admnistration who screwed up, he'd run the risk of looking incompetent and those fired, would run the risk of looking accountable.

Can't have that.

Location hidden

#170830 Oct 25, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Who are these 'barbaric world bankers' you speak of?
No last word on my post below?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...

Location hidden

#170831 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The C team built the website but Sebelius is said to be bringing in the A team now. You'd think for 600+ million dollars we could have had the A team from the get go. 600+ million just doesn't buy what it used to, I guess.
I've been wondering whay Obama hasn't fired her and it then dawned on me that if he fired all the people in his admnistration who screwed up, he'd run the risk of looking incompetent and those fired, would run the risk of looking accountable.
Can't have that.
I heard this morning that The Admin. probably won't fire her now, especially while under duress, but in a couple of months it wouldn't be a surprise to learn that she requested to have "more time with her family."
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170832 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Who were polled -
Adult Voters?
Registered Voters?
Eligible Voters?
Likely Voters?
I'm fairly sure that can't be answered easily but it would make a difference.
Gotta love the media!
Those were headlines from seperate polls and it doesn't matter who was polled. Perception is reality, the media determines perception and if after the event it's the peoples perception that the GOP was most at fault, then that ship has sailed and it's not coming back. Can't unring the bell.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170833 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not seeing a post 107777.

776 & 778 were by Chris Clearwater; 777 is missing.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170834 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Now ... howzabout them 'barbaric world bankers' you speak of?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170835 Oct 25, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard this morning that The Admin. probably won't fire her now, especially while under duress, but in a couple of months it wouldn't be a surprise to learn that she requested to have "more time with her family."
She can hang out with Lois Lerner from the IRS!

Location hidden

#170837 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were headlines from seperate polls and it doesn't matter who was polled. Perception is reality, the media determines perception and if after the event it's the peoples perception that the GOP was most at fault, then that ship has sailed and it's not coming back. Can't unring the bell.
Point and match!
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#170838 Oct 25, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
S/h/b...posted in English, instead of broken gibberish.
You worst , lacking critical reasoning skills....you incite fear and hatred, support war-for-profiteering , and clueless about what illegimate/bad US overseas many wars that is morally and financially bankrupt our US, and incite growth of enemies worldwide because our US militaristic Neo-imperialism had ruined many lives at home and worldwide ... you are ignorant. ABhahahaaaaa

United States

#170839 Oct 25, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Bush is a hero......NOT.
Explain that to biddy-eyed bad Bob! ABhahahaaaa

United States

#170840 Oct 25, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The US went into Iraq because all the intel pointed to Hussein being a threat.[We] found out later that Hussein wasn't the great threat that many around the globe believed. But he was still in violation of UN Resolutions HE agreed to as part of the cease-fire in Gulf War I. Hussein thumbed his nose at the world for nearly 13 years b4 GW Bush finally had enough, and then gave him an additional 48 hours to leave Baghdad. As you know, bolstered by Russia, China, Germany, and Chirac's France, Hussein refused.
The US went into Afghanistan after the people responsible for 9/11/01.
There is a unified war, but it's not against a particular country. It's the Global War on Terror. There are many terrorist groups, some very familiar from the news, and some less known but just as deadly: al Qaeda, Taliban, Hamas, Hezbollah, Abu Sayyef......http://www.nctc.go v/site/groups/
The US has said to other countries, if you harbor, aid, or allow terrorists to set up training camps, you are just as guilty as the terrorists. Some key countries have complied voluntarily, some bad guys were chased out by the US military or coalition forces. Still other countries are sympathetic to the terrorist cause and have allowed them to stay with them. Yemen, Somalia, NW Africa, and several more.
Several western "interests" have been terrorized, from the USS Cole, to the subway bombing in the UK, to the train bombers in Spain, and on and on.
The Dumb Smarty pant Sec., of State Hillaryarius even admitted US had establish and funded Alqueda to power, what about this?

When our US wants to start up a new war(s), will often need to conjure up a new imaginary boogeyman or not,a strategy with no borders and can be anywhere in world WITHOUT HINDRANCE ; telling and lying to the weaker nation that(s) it harbors a (iMAGINARY) rebellious group that US wants TO abolish within . As our US military can be in anywhere in the world , and often disobeying international laws and invading other nations' soveriegnty... so?

David McGowan

(USA) Derailing Democracy p60

Selling fear to the American people has become a mainstay of the press and of both political parties in this country. Taking a "tough on crime" stance, particularly in a climate of perpetual fear created by the "war on drugs" and the "war on terrorism," is always a politically safe posture... By focusing on crime, attention is effectively directed away from more divisive issues on which a politician might have to take a stand that would cost them votes. Meanwhile, a fearful populace continues to surrender their civil rights and constitutional protections at an alarming rate, so that their government may protect them from the rampant criminality of the masses.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#170841 Oct 25, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Europes anger at Obama grows over NSA spying
By Los Angeles Times October 25, 2013
LONDON -- European leaders united in outrage Thursday over reported U.S. spying, with German Chancellor Angela Merkel declaring that trust between her government and the Obama administration would need to be rebuilt after reports that U.S. intelligence agencies might have tapped her cellphone.
Amid signs of anger from close allies over mass electronic surveillance, Germany's Foreign Ministry also summoned U.S. Ambassador John B. Emerson to make clear its displeasure. Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said afterward that he had demanded that "these activities that have been reported will be comprehensively investigated. We need the truth now."
==
Ho hum, just another day in the Obama administration. The good news is the president doesn't know anything about this (he never does) but he'll get to the bottom of it in a jiffy! Yay!
Apparently the NSA has been spying on France too, no telling who else.

Obama wants the recipe for makin' their fries.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170842 Oct 25, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You worst , lacking critical reasoning skills....you incite fear and hatred, support war-for-profiteering , and clueless about what illegimate/bad US overseas many wars that is morally and financially bankrupt our US, and incite growth of enemies worldwide because our US militaristic Neo-imperialism had ruined many lives at home and worldwide ... you are ignorant. ABhahahaaaaa
You worst, no YOU worst, no YOU worst, you worst, no YOU worst, no you worst.

Worthless troll!

You got nothing better to do? How about buzz off, and go learn our language.

United States

#170843 Oct 25, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I should not be surprised that every time you post, you're just as incoherent and stupid as the last, Somalian pig.
Are YOU all the US opposition has? Laughable.
According to Polls over 70% of our US population detest US Wars and over 179 nations gave US the Big middle fingers because of US militaristic neo-Imperalism agendas. BAhahahaaa

United States

#170844 Oct 25, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the NSA has been spying on France too, no telling who else.
Obama wants the recipe for makin' their fries.
You our American right wingers/war mongers/investors/supporters of US illegitimate/ bad wars are cause of all this great big mess at home and worldwide wit US war machines! Ababbabaaa

He earned us all but did you not listen! Enjoy grunts for you had supported all this mess we all seeing to daay, don'y tou right wingers/authoritarian feel ashame for what you did? Cry or laugh? U all know me., WBbabababababaaa Enjoy , you and your generation will engoy the nice juicy fruit of Oppression! ABhahahaaaa

Senator Frank Church (D-Idaho), 1975, quoted in James Bamford "The Puzzle Palace"

That [surveillance] capability at any time could be turned around on the American people and no American would have any privacy left, such [is] the capability to monitor everything: telephone conversations, telegrams, it doesn't matter. There would be no place to hide. If this government ever became a tyranny, if a dictator ever took charge in this country, the technological capacity that the intelligence community has given the government could enable it to impose total tyranny, and there would be no way to fight back, because the most careful effort to combine together in resistance to the government, no matter how privately it was done, is within the reach of the
government to know. Such is the capability of this technology ...

I don't want to see this country ever go across the bridge. I know the capacity that is there to make tyranny total in America, and we must see to it that this agency [NSA] and all agencies that possess this technology operate within the law and under proper supervision, so that we never cross over that abyss. That is the abyss from which there is no return.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170845 Oct 25, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>The Dumb Smarty pant Sec., of State Hillaryarius even admitted US had establish and funded Alqueda to power, what about this?
When our US wants to start up a new war(s), will often need to conjure up a new imaginary boogeyman or not,a strategy with no borders and can be anywhere in world WITHOUT HINDRANCE ; telling and lying to the weaker nation that(s) it harbors a (iMAGINARY) rebellious group that US wants TO abolish within . As our US military can be in anywhere in the world , and often disobeying international laws and invading other nations' soveriegnty... so?
David McGowan
(USA) Derailing Democracy p60
Selling fear to the American people has become a mainstay of the press and of both political parties in this country. Taking a "tough on crime" stance, particularly in a climate of perpetual fear created by the "war on drugs" and the "war on terrorism," is always a politically safe posture... By focusing on crime, attention is effectively directed away from more divisive issues on which a politician might have to take a stand that would cost them votes. Meanwhile, a fearful populace continues to surrender their civil rights and constitutional protections at an alarming rate, so that their government may protect them from the rampant criminality of the masses.
Get lost AH.

Take a trip to the middle east or Philippines, and start blabbering about
warmongers, and all the other gibberish you regurgitate endlessly. You have nothing to fear from terrorists over there. Yer on their side, against the US constant involvement with war.

You can always come back all contrite in the next life, and explain to everyone that "sorry, I lost my head", and "should'a kept my big trap shut"

United States

#170846 Oct 25, 2013
Senator Frank Church (D.-Idaho)(1976) published a report entitled Intelligence Activities and the Rights of Americans
Gag Rule, Lewis Lapham, p78

"Too many people have been spied upon by too many government agencies and too much information has been collected. The government has often undertaken the secret surveillance of citizens on the basis of their political beliefs, even when those beliefs pose no threat of violence or illegal acts on behalf of a hostile foreign power .... Investigations have been based upon vague standards whose breadth made excessive collection inevitable. Unsavory and vicious tactics have been employed-including anonymous attempts to break up marriages, disrupt meetings, ostracize persons from their professions, and provoke target groups into rivalries that might result in deaths. Intelligence agencies have served the political and personal objectives of presidents and other high officials ... government officials-including those whose principal duty is to enforce the law-have violated or ignored the law over long periods of time and have advocated and defended their right to break the law."

United States

#170847 Oct 25, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Get lost AH.
Take a trip to the middle east or Philippines, and start blabbering about
warmongers, and all the other gibberish you regurgitate endlessly. You have nothing to fear from terrorists over there. Yer on their side, against the US constant involvement with war.
You can always come back all contrite in the next life, and explain to everyone that "sorry, I lost my head", and "should'a kept my big trap shut"
when tell someone to get lost means you are in fact can Not Intelligent counter those points put forth AND you out ignorant US right wingers/war supporters/war investors are afraid yo being found out for what you are War mongers... Oppressive human rights abusers... Bahahahahaa Caught you in the heat!

Even Middle East and Philiphine people in know want our bully US military out of their countries! Abhahahabhaaa

United States

#170848 Oct 25, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You worst, no YOU worst, no YOU worst, you worst, no YOU worst, no you worst.
Worthless troll!
You got nothing better to do? How about buzz off, and go learn our language.
U could be next! Abhahahaaaa

Lieutenant General John DeWitt
Gag Rule, Lewis Lapham, p69

During the first months after the attack on Pearl Harbor, the federal government incarcerated seventy thousand American citizens for no reason other than their Japanese ancestry. Explaining the maneuver to a congressional committee, Lieutenant General John DeWitt said:

"A Jap's a Jap. It makes no difference whether he is an American citizen or not."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Big Al 992,293
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min Tony 6,744
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Riverside Rednek 52,989
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 13 min Holy Pipek 10
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Holy Pipek 446,001
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Chuck 693,468
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 17 min Holy Pipek 44
More from around the web