Bush is a hero

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170739 Oct 23, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm tired of hearing about the voters who haven't decided yet. if they haven't they are so wishy-washy that a puff of air would blow them the other way. What's needed is people who truly stick to their principles, win or lose. I think that the discovery process will eventually gain republicans the whitehouse and both houses of congress eventually. Remember when I said that social security changed the designation of my husband from disabled to regular social security without changing the amount? Well we discovered he needs that designation for other things he needs but can't get them. Nothing has changed in his condition, they just don't want the numbers and think the money is all that it's about.
I see things and know things because of my experience and I'll be danged if I'll be moderate about it. The revolutionaries were not moderate and they didn't need to take it to Great Britain. The war was on their home turf, and that's where it is now.
I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Social Security.

I understand that you agree with what Cruz was trying to do. Hell, LYNDI agrees with Cruz's goal (that Obamacare should be stopped). The fight you guys are having isn't about WHETHER it should be stopped, it's about HOW.
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#170741 Oct 23, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you name one entitlement that's ever been overturned? Can you name one that hasn't been expanded?
<quoted text>
Me too... no more McCains. I think John-Boy is thinking of running for president again. I can see his campaign slogan now... "We can't win".
It's time for a Republican candidate with common sense who will actually do what's right for the country, and the voters. I'm thinking Doctor Benjamin Carson would fit that ticket.
While its not an entitlement did you know you (as does every tax payer) help keep power rates lower in Tennessee via the TVA? And when did they finish that 'works project'? Good point on Carson too.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170742 Oct 23, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you name one entitlement that's ever been overturned? Can you name one that hasn't been expanded?
And this has what to do with whether Lyndi is saying Obamacare will NEVER be overturned (or anything like that) how, exactly?
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too... no more McCains. I think John-Boy is thinking of running for president again. I can see his campaign slogan now... "We can't win".
It's time for a Republican candidate with common sense who will actually do what's right for the country, and the voters. I'm thinking Doctor Benjamin Carson would fit that ticket.
Man, this obsession with McCain you've got going on is getting out of hand.

As to the rest ... I knew Lyndi was taking on an impossible dream when she decided to try and talk about politics with you.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#170743 Oct 23, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Social Security.
I understand that you agree with what Cruz was trying to do. Hell, LYNDI agrees with Cruz's goal (that Obamacare should be stopped). The fight you guys are having isn't about WHETHER it should be stopped, it's about HOW.
I wasn't complaining, Willie. I was merely giving an example of discovery. Already people are finding out that Obamacare may not be the panacea they had hoped. You are still going to have lots of people not wanting to buy it and then when they become gravely ill they will go to the ER and we will not turn them away. People will begin to see through their own experiences and those of people close to them that they have been screwed, fed a lie, or at best the result of wishful thinking. We are fine. Others will not be.
Yes that's one way to get rid of Obamacare, Wait and see. But I prefer to know we did our best to fight it, even if those methods are found to be wanting.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170744 Oct 23, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't complaining, Willie. I was merely giving an example of discovery. Already people are finding out that Obamacare may not be the panacea they had hoped. You are still going to have lots of people not wanting to buy it and then when they become gravely ill they will go to the ER and we will not turn them away. People will begin to see through their own experiences and those of people close to them that they have been screwed, fed a lie, or at best the result of wishful thinking. We are fine. Others will not be.
Yes that's one way to get rid of Obamacare, Wait and see. But I prefer to know we did our best to fight it, even if those methods are found to be wanting.
I didn't say you were complaining, I just said I was sorry you're having trouble with them.

What makes you think the trouble you're having with them is related to Obamacare?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#170745 Oct 23, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't complaining, Willie. I was merely giving an example of discovery. Already people are finding out that Obamacare may not be the panacea they had hoped.

You are still going to have lots of people not wanting to buy it and then when they become gravely ill they will go to the ER and we will not turn them away.

People will begin to see through their own experiences and those of people close to them that they have been screwed, fed a lie, or at best the result of wishful thinking. We are fine. Others will not be.
Yes that's one way to get rid of Obamacare, Wait and see. But I prefer to know we did our best to fight it, even if those methods are found to be wanting.
It never ceases to amaze that those of the self-proclaimed "personal responsibility" set so easily ignore the utter hypocrisy of a system in which a person choosing not to procure insurance can just "go to the ER", thereby causing us all to underwrite their care. That, people, is socialism by proxy, and by far the most expensive care the system can provide. Profligate madness, fiscal-conservative style!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#170746 Oct 23, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say you were complaining, I just said I was sorry you're having trouble with them.
What makes you think the trouble you're having with them is related to Obamacare?
I don't. I believe both are a symptom of a much bigger problem. That is that Obama does not know what he's doing and neither does anyone working for him. Healthcare reform seems like a good idea, but if you are totally unaware of the cost and how it's going to work you do more harm than good. As for the problems with disability claims for Social security, Obama got us into a mess too. People didn't have jobs and had no hope of getting them. A huge amount of people applied for disability and Obama's administration was anxious to approve them. When they were being outed on these numbers they got scared and took people out of that designation without concern as to whether they were really disabled or not. They figured as long as they got their money there would be no complaints. But for someone who is really disabled there are many reasons why they need that designation outside of money.
I believe we keep seeing time and again how incompetent the Obama administration is. Yes they try really hard to steer the blame away from him but eventually he is going to be shown for his incompetency. That is when I think you will see democrats and many in his administration abandon ship like rats.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#170747 Oct 23, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>It never ceases to amaze that those of the self-proclaimed "personal responsibility" set so easily ignore the utter hypocrisy of a system in which a person choosing not to procure insurance can just "go to the ER", thereby causing us all to underwrite their care. That, people, is socialism by proxy, and by far the most expensive care the system can provide. Profligate madness, fiscal-conservative style!
You misunderstand me. I don't think that's okay but do you see it happening any other way. You cannot force someone to buy health insurance except in this case to give them a fine. I'm thinking illegals will not be allowed to buy health insurance through Obamacare. When they get really sick and they're scared they will go to the ER and being that we are not total animals we will treat them.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170748 Oct 23, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I don't. I believe both are a symptom of a much bigger problem. That is that Obama does not know what he's doing and neither does anyone working for him. Healthcare reform seems like a good idea, but if you are totally unaware of the cost and how it's going to work you do more harm than good. As for the problems with disability claims for Social security, Obama got us into a mess too. People didn't have jobs and had no hope of getting them. A huge amount of people applied for disability and Obama's administration was anxious to approve them. When they were being outed on these numbers they got scared and took people out of that designation without concern as to whether they were really disabled or not. They figured as long as they got their money there would be no complaints. But for someone who is really disabled there are many reasons why they need that designation outside of money.
I believe we keep seeing time and again how incompetent the Obama administration is. Yes they try really hard to steer the blame away from him but eventually he is going to be shown for his incompetency. That is when I think you will see democrats and many in his administration abandon ship like rats.
Has your husband reached what they call 'Full Retirement Age'?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#170749 Oct 23, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>That's completely beside the point, bob.
I'm not among "those voters who are not completely decided yet, but that the Republicans need to gain control of the Senate and (ultimately) take back the White House."
I realize that.

My comment was directed at yer last statement, rather than the rest of that msg. IOW, even though yer a committed liberal, I believe you want what's best for the US, or at least what YOU think is best.

There's no convincing you that Romney would've been better for the US, I think you'd still take Obama if the election was next week. But I also think you'd take the R candidate over Obama if that candidate was MUCH better than your perception of Romney, and he/she was able to demonstrat as much in a debate, for example.

LIT just thinks yer a non-flexible partisan. I don't.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170750 Oct 23, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that.
My comment was directed at yer last statement, rather than the rest of that msg. IOW, even though yer a committed liberal, I believe you want what's best for the US, or at least what YOU think is best.
There's no convincing you that Romney would've been better for the US, I think you'd still take Obama if the election was next week. But I also think you'd take the R candidate over Obama if that candidate was MUCH better than your perception of Romney, and he/she was able to demonstrat as much in a debate, for example.
LIT just thinks yer a non-flexible partisan. I don't.
The last part of my post to lisw was "As a Democrat, trust me - I want you and bobin to pick the next Republican ticket." When the fringes dominate a party and nominate a candidate, you get McGovern or Goldwater.

As long as the TP and (to a lesser extent) the so-called religious right dominate the Republican Party, I'll stay a Democrat. Hell's bells, Reagan was too far right for me, and the real Reagan (as opposed to the myth) would probably be considered a RINO by the TP.

As to what LIT thinks ... that's nice.
Lost In Transition

Saulsbury, TN

#170751 Oct 24, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that.
My comment was directed at yer last statement, rather than the rest of that msg. IOW, even though yer a committed liberal, I believe you want what's best for the US, or at least what YOU think is best.
There's no convincing you that Romney would've been better for the US, I think you'd still take Obama if the election was next week. But I also think you'd take the R candidate over Obama if that candidate was MUCH better than your perception of Romney, and he/she was able to demonstrat as much in a debate, for example.

LIT just thinks yer a non-flexible partisan. I don't.
"As long as the TP and (to a lesser extent) the so-called religious right dominate the Republican Party, I'll stay a Democrat. Hell's bells, Reagan was too far right for me, and the real Reagan (as opposed to the myth) would probably be considered a RINO by the TP."

Uh-oh, bob. A fella with an "R" next to his name that won his first election by a score of 44-6, and his second by a score of 49-1, is too extreme for W3. Just between you and me, that sounds a tad like a non-flexible partisan. Some might even call that being on the fringe.
Not me.....but some.
Lost In Transition

Saulsbury, TN

#170752 Oct 24, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
When the fringes dominate a party and nominate a candidate, you get McGovern or Goldwater.
As long as the TP and (to a lesser extent) the so-called religious right dominate the Republican Party, I'll stay a Democrat.

As to what LIT thinks ... that's nice.
Pfft.
If the "fringe" dominated the Rep party, our outdoor memorials would still be in moth balls. That's the kind of goofy things a "fringe" does. Thank goodness they're not in charge, eh?

Remember those Riunite commercials?
Riunite on ice.....that's nice!
I never tried that stuff, wonder if it was any good.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170753 Oct 24, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I do thank you for the reply. I do think its worth addressing since the right has been labeled racist since Obama showed up in 08. For me it got real when a guy at a store here called me a bigot for daring to support McCain. Of couse this was long before any mention of the tp. With this stunt on cnbc by a racist lib its very much worth addressing since I don't often find the adjectives used to describe us to be valid. And when the opposite happens and most say nothing I won't be silent. Not blowing my stack and not bothered by being alone but sometimes hate, bigotry and the outright hypicracy needs to be talked about.
Wow! You're going to be one busy guy if you plan to "address" adjectives used against the Tea Party that you don't think are valid. You might want to wear a helmet because I think you might be banging your head against the wall a lot. And don't forget, Chris, there's that little document called the Constitution which protects the right to free speech and I'm pretty sure the fact that you don't like particular messages being communicated (like Mexican music being played while "bashing" Ted Cruz)...... unless they're in some way violating the law, they still have the right to say it.
The cool thing about the Constitution? Everybody gets to use it!
==
Here are a couple of questions I was wondering about that maybe you can answer.
1) If the religious right in the Tea Party are opposed to gays being free to be gay for example, is that considered bigotry in your opinion?
2) If the bible says one thing about homosexuality and the Constitution tells them another, which one wins?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#170754 Oct 24, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Has your husband reached what they call 'Full Retirement Age'?
Yes he has but I think you're not getting my point. When he called to get some proof that he is disabled they said "we no longer have you down as disabled." Is there no such thing as being 66 and disabled? The woman also said "they're telling everyone that reaches retirement age that they are no longer designated as disabled." As I said the amount didn't change, he just can't prove that he's disabled for some issues.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#170755 Oct 24, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfft.
If the "fringe" dominated the Rep party, our outdoor memorials would still be in moth balls. That's the kind of goofy things a "fringe" does. Thank goodness they're not in charge, eh?
Remember those Riunite commercials?
Riunite on ice.....that's nice!
I never tried that stuff, wonder if it was any good.
I don't know if it was any good, I had no taste in wine back then but I remember it had this inch thick bottle that was nearly impossible to break. I sent a bottle to my husband when he was in Vietnam and it made it.(that was also when you could give the store a piece of paper with no picture that said you were 21 and they believed you.)

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170756 Oct 24, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
"As long as the TP and (to a lesser extent) the so-called religious right dominate the Republican Party, I'll stay a Democrat. Hell's bells, Reagan was too far right for me, and the real Reagan (as opposed to the myth) would probably be considered a RINO by the TP."
Uh-oh, bob. A fella with an "R" next to his name that won his first election by a score of 44-6, and his second by a score of 49-1, is too extreme for W3. Just between you and me, that sounds a tad like a non-flexible partisan. Some might even call that being on the fringe.
Not me.....but some.
I was so far on the fringe in 1980 that I voted for the independent John Anderson - a centrist Republican who thought Reagan was too far right. That was after being so far on the fringe in 1976 that I voted for Ford.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170757 Oct 24, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
The House wouldn't be Republican today, if not for that 'rowdy' Tea Party.
I have no idea what that has to do with my post but maybe it's like a crossword puzzle. If I walk away from it for awhile and come back later maybe the answer will come to me.
===

Anyway, here are todays scoops.

Scoop 1)
Obama & Co. is going to fan out on the fundraising campaign trail again......(shocking, huh?) only this time to raise $$$'s for 2014 democrat challengers. He and his advisors think this is an excellent time to work toward replacing republicans in the House with democrats because they feel the GOP is seriously weakened due to the Tea Party inspired shutdown.
How great is THAT?(There's that nasty little ammunition I was telling you about which your little Teddy Bear Cruz handed them on a silver platter and they're now shooting republicans with.)
Good job!

Scoop 2) Moderate GOP is going on the warpath to oust Tea Party members to push for moderate republicans because they think the Tea Party is responsible for the low poll numbers brought about by the architect, Ted Cruz and his little band of usurping revelers.

Scoop 3) Tea Party polls are nosediving brought about by the fact that most Americans think the 24 billion dollar price tag it cost for Cruz to get his name up in lights was a bit steep. Many Americans also think Obamcare was headed for a meltdown anyway and the whole shutdown thing was all for naught. And judging from the reviews, the Tea Party performance in DC will never make it to Broadway. No one knows what to name it anyway. Was it much ado about nothing or was it a tempest in a teacup? Voters will have to decide in a year.

Scoop 4) Red Sox-Cardinals.
"BOSTON -- As a veteran of several Octobers, David Ortiz (Big Papi) doesn't sweat the small stuff. So when he had what would have been his second grand slam of this postseason taken away on a great catch by St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Carlos Beltran in the second inning Wednesday night, he knew what he had to do.

"Just make sure I hit it a little farther," Ortiz deadpanned hours later after getting revenge by hammering a two-run shot that helped the Red Sox cap an 8-1 victory over the Cardinals in Game 1 of the World Series."

Hey bobin, my Big Papi hit the 2nd one to the MOOOOOOOOOOON!
YAY!

Scoop 5)Same as scoop 4
Red Sox 8
Cardinals 1

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170758 Oct 24, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he has but I think you're not getting my point. When he called to get some proof that he is disabled they said "we no longer have you down as disabled." Is there no such thing as being 66 and disabled? The woman also said "they're telling everyone that reaches retirement age that they are no longer designated as disabled." As I said the amount didn't change, he just can't prove that he's disabled for some issues.
In an earlier post you seemed to suggest that Obamacare was somehow responsible for your predicament.

That's the only thing I'm questioning, lisw.

As I've always understood it, disability under Social Security is for people of working age, and is separate from retirement under Social Security. Once a person reaches regular retirement age they move from one program to the other.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170759 Oct 24, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's silly. With your way of thinking we should only go for the sure thing and if that were the case we'd all have British accents. I'm sure glad I haven't given up my belief in the impossible dream, like you. It makes you dull.
Okay, your opinion is yours and that's fine but I like to think I'd have helped make costumes or put make-up on the faces of the men who dressed up as Indians to go dump the tea. Or maybe I would have even tried to tag along.... Anyway, I'll leave you with this.

The Sons of Liberty- the members of the original (((Boston))) Tea Party.... their primary objective when they dumped the tea, was protesting FOR colonial representation in Parliment. That's what they wanted. Representation. Did you know btw, that some of our founding fathers were opposed to that act? Some felt destruction of private property was the wrong way to go about change. But no matter. My point is, Americans already HAVE representation in our federal government which we democratically elect so I'm somewhat bewildered why todays Tea Party swiped the name of the original Boston Tea Party.
Anyway, I don't know what our founders would have thought about the Tea Party of today but I'd pay big dollars to be a fly on the wall to watch them debate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min Critical Eye 4,226
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min NoStress4me 882,097
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 8,470
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 54 min WasteWater 71
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Robert F 603,873
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr WasteWater 6,422
Habesha 3 hr Insta names 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr The swamiji 7,718
More from around the web