Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170376 Oct 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...I thought the chair thing was a little whiney...
But I've watched The Outlaw Jose Wales 134 times...
:)
Mayor of Carmel

*holding sides from splitting.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170377 Oct 18, 2013
Oh, and Gran Torino was pretty effin' good too.
:) again.
Every Which Way but Loose!

Kidding!!!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170378 Oct 18, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor of Carmel
*holding sides from splitting.
Mid-life crises take a myriad of forms...if you can afford to become Mayor of a seaside resort, why not?

Try everything once.

Location hidden

#170379 Oct 18, 2013
Of course, that still doesn't explain 'The Bridges of Madison County' or 'Every Which Way but Loose"...unless Clint's life had a plethora of 'mid's.

;)

Location hidden

#170380 Oct 18, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Now explain 17 trillion under Obama, a near 300% increase.
Real problems cost more to deal with ,than spurious and contrived ones.

Next...

Location hidden

#170381 Oct 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too?
Unless your fantasies involve a live chicken, a weedeater, someone of age other than me, a video camera, and some peach preserves...? Yeah. You too.

Ahem.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#170385 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>Unless your fantasies involve a live chicken, a weedeater, someone of age other than me, a video camera, and some peach preserves...? Yeah. You too.
Ahem.
OK. The weed eater isn't for me.

Location hidden

#170386 Oct 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. The weed eater isn't for me.

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170387 Oct 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
.... just how long are you going to support the old guard Republican Party?
For as long as they represent moderate America, I suppose.

Your Tea Party isn't all sunshine and roses, bobin. Nor is it just about the Constitution and old fashioned values. The Tea Party is a disruptive fringe, hard core, right wing absolutist position which I will never adopt or adapt to.
Congress today isn't the same first continental congress representing 13 colonies. It's now a legislative body and a place where the issues of 300 million people need to addressed and your Tea Party; being one of the most exclusionary groups out there, simply isn't flexible enough to weather that.

And Cruz is a self promoting narcissist, equal only to Obama. They both put self above country and now the Tea Party has sunk to new lows and stolen a play/ploy from the liberal handbook which I find deplorable. When liberals chose Obama as their candidate you may recall, most anyone opposed to his policies and credentials was automatically labeled a racist. Some will argue, that was a key factor in winning the election. You and yours are pulling the same vile stunt by calling McCain and other moderate legislators and their supporters ---> traitors, democrats in disguise, backstabbers and anyone who disagrees with your views,(says you and Mark Levin) isn't a real republican. It's cheap politiking, bobin, practiced by those who cannot win elections through honest and conventional means and cannot debate the issues on the issues alone. You HAVE to play dirty to be heard. The Obama crowd did it and now the Tea Party is employing the same vulgar tactic against some of our most experienced and seasoned legislators who have devoted their lives to serving Americans as REPUBLICANS. And if you want me to get patriotic about it, I can do that too because once you have committed yourselves to that kind of dirty play, you insult the very meaning of the word America and every American who helped breathe life into this country.
And THAT'S where I can slam my fist on the table and justifiably make you jump right out of your seat because your tactic is un-American to it's core and you know it.
==
This country will have imo lost 8 years to a man who should have never left Illinois. I will double down on my efforts to make sure we don't see the pendulum swing completely in the other direction and have ourselves a repeat performance from some rambunctious Tea Party know-it-alls who've been part of the American legislative landscape for about 20 minutes.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#170388 Oct 19, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. But I'll tell ya, ole yeller. I'm MUCH worse than just a
hypocrite, and "evil" wouldn't begin to cover it.
You don't belong in here YSS. This thread and all it's variables
is way over yer head.
Earth to BB, you got a copy? It sounded like you said this thread is over my head, is your oxygen supply compromised?
bad bob wrote:
Your career pursuit alone simply won't allow you to keep up.
My career pursuit? Nah, I'm taking what is presently available to meet my obligations and responsibilities, I'm making $10.50/hr below the wage I was making seven years ago. Opportunities are becoming more and more available for me to move up to where I should be but I need the time to review them and consider timing....which is one reason I don't post on topix as often as I once did.
bad bob wrote:
Instead of on topic discussions, you'll be spending all yer time makin' up witty comebacks, slurs, and insults.
True, but that's because I've been around long enough to know how dysfunctional these forums and those that frequent them are.

If you ain't smokin' something, you should be!

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#170390 Oct 19, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>My, you really are a petulant little fella ...
Yes I am, and you're a spineless liberal....the "Alan Colmes" of this thread. ;-?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#170391 Oct 19, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Tea Party isn't all sunshine and roses, bobin. Nor is it just about the Constitution and old fashioned values. The Tea Party is a disruptive fringe, hard core, right wing absolutist position which I will never adopt or adapt to.
Congress today isn't the same first continental congress representing 13 colonies. It's now a legislative body and a place where the issues of 300 million people need to addressed and your Tea Party; being one of the most exclusionary groups out there, simply isn't flexible enough to weather that.
And Cruz is a self promoting narcissist, equal only to Obama. They both put self above country and now the Tea Party has sunk to new lows and stolen a play/ploy from the liberal handbook which I find deplorable. When liberals chose Obama as their candidate you may recall, most anyone opposed to his policies and credentials was automatically labeled a racist. Some will argue, that was a key factor in winning the election. You and yours are pulling the same vile stunt by calling McCain and other moderate legislators and their supporters ---> traitors, democrats in disguise, backstabbers and anyone who disagrees with your views,(says you and Mark Levin) isn't a real republican. It's cheap politiking, bobin, practiced by those who cannot win elections through honest and conventional means and cannot debate the issues on the issues alone. You HAVE to play dirty to be heard. The Obama crowd did it and now the Tea Party is employing the same vulgar tactic against some of our most experienced and seasoned legislators who have devoted their lives to serving Americans as REPUBLICANS. And if you want me to get patriotic about it, I can do that too because once you have committed yourselves to that kind of dirty play, you insult the very meaning of the word America and every American who helped breathe life into this country.
And THAT'S where I can slam my fist on the table and justifiably make you jump right out of your seat because your tactic is un-American to it's core and you know it.
==
This country will have imo lost 8 years to a man who should have never left Illinois. I will double down on my efforts to make sure we don't see the pendulum swing completely in the other direction and have ourselves a repeat performance from some rambunctious Tea Party know-it-alls who've been part of the American legislative landscape for about 20 minutes.
kudos and if I might borrow a line from the opp, ditto.

Except (of course, right?)

"...most anyone opposed to his policies and credentials was automatically labeled a racist" is a self-serving copout for those that don't want to deal with the fact that the President was elected twice with an overwhelming plurality by modern standards. Was the accusation out there? Oh yeah. Was there racism out there? Oh yeah. However, both elements were inconsequential in the larger picture of 60-70M whatever votes, statistically useful only to those with narrow agendas.

On the political spectrum, the President would be a moderate Democrat, with the all-important caveat that the center shifts with the times, and is now sharply to the right of even 20 years ago. 40 years ago, some of this President's policies would have made him comfortable in a room of "Rockefeller Republicans". A fair examination of his business policies and fiscal appointments should be enough to back that up. There's nothing at all "radical" about his tax policy, except through the Norquist filter in vogue today. If anyone has call to deem him "radical", based NOT on the shrill doom prophet rhetoric, but on actual positions, it is the hard-liberal base. A centrist finds no love at home or abroad - just ask the non-Presidential McCain (or Romney, for that matter).

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#170392 Oct 19, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>For as long as they represent moderate America, I suppose.
Are you looking at what the Democrats and their loyal supporters the old guard, big government Republicans are doing to this country? I'm sorry that it upsets you so much, but it's past time for a little revolution in the Republican Party, and big changes in the direction of this government.
Lyndi wrote:
And Cruz is a self promoting narcissist, equal only to Obama.
My belief is that Ted Cruz is about as high as he can get in American politics, and he's willing to put it all on the line to fight for the voters and the principals that got him elected. I do not believe Cruz can ever run for the presidency, even though he has renounced his Canadian citizenship, as he was born in Canada, not the USA. Cruz's birth situation is not the same as John McCain's was, and I don't believe he could be classified as a 'natural born citizen', unless Canada has become our 51st state. I know the media will ensure that Ted Cruz will be properly vetted, unlike our current pResident, who has yet to produce a valid birth certificate to show where he was born.

Unfortunately, the McCain types were saying the same things as Ted Cruz to get elected, but have completely sold out their principles now that they were.(Texas Senator John Cornyn is now back to sounding just like Ted Cruz in his re-election commercials, even though just a couple of weeks ago his vote allowed for the funding of obamacare.) Ted Cruz actually does what he said he would do, McCain and Cornyn only gave us lip service.
Lyndi wrote:
They both put self above country and now the Tea Party has sunk to new lows and stolen a play/ploy from the liberal handbook which I find deplorable.
<SNIP>
You and yours are pulling the same vile stunt by calling McCain and other moderate legislators and their supporters ---> traitors, democrats in disguise, backstabbers and anyone who disagrees with your views,(says you and Mark Levin) isn't a real republican.
I don't know any other way to describe them more accurately. McCain and Peter King are getting face time on all the liberal networks... only because they attack those that liberals fear, and those that have the support of a huge grassroots movement. The Tea Party is why the House is Republican, and the media is using the McCain types to try to destroy it.(BTW, it's not working.)
Lyndi wrote:
It's cheap politiking, bobin, practiced by those who cannot win elections through honest and conventional means and cannot debate the issues on the issues alone.
<SNIP>
Hmmmm, why did every Republican that ran run on the very same issues that Ted Cruz is championing? The difference being, Ted Cruz actually walked the talk.
Lyndi wrote:
You may want to continue down the path that the Democrats and their RINO supporters are taking us down, the Tea Party, and the American public, do not.

I'm running out of characters, but I have a reading assignment for you...

http://clashdaily.com/2013/10/republican-lead...
Clearwater

United States

#170393 Oct 19, 2013
Go vols! What a game.

“zero nuclear weapons”

Since: Sep 08

Perryville

#170394 Oct 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you looking at what the Democrats and their loyal supporters the old guard, big government Republicans are doing to this country? I'm sorry that it upsets you so much, but it's past time for a little revolution in the Republican Party, and big changes in the direction of this government.
<quoted text>
My belief is that Ted Cruz is about as high as he can get in American politics, and he's willing to put it all on the line to fight for the voters and the principals that got him elected. I do not believe Cruz can ever run for the presidency, even though he has renounced his Canadian citizenship, as he was born in Canada, not the USA. Cruz's birth situation is not the same as John McCain's was, and I don't believe he could be classified as a 'natural born citizen', unless Canada has become our 51st state. I know the media will ensure that Ted Cruz will be properly vetted, unlike our current pResident, who has yet to produce a valid birth certificate to show where he was born.
Unfortunately, the McCain types were saying the same things as Ted Cruz to get elected, but have completely sold out their principles now that they were.(Texas Senator John Cornyn is now back to sounding just like Ted Cruz in his re-election commercials, even though just a couple of weeks ago his vote allowed for the funding of obamacare.) Ted Cruz actually does what he said he would do, McCain and Cornyn only gave us lip service.
<quoted text>
I don't know any other way to describe them more accurately. McCain and Peter King are getting face time on all the liberal networks... only because they attack those that liberals fear, and those that have the support of a huge grassroots movement. The Tea Party is why the House is Republican, and the media is using the McCain types to try to destroy it.(BTW, it's not working.)
<quoted text>
Hmmmm, why did every Republican that ran run on the very same issues that Ted Cruz is championing? The difference being, Ted Cruz actually walked the talk.
<quoted text>
You may want to continue down the path that the Democrats and their RINO supporters are taking us down, the Tea Party, and the American public, do not.
I'm running out of characters, but I have a reading assignment for you...
http://clashdaily.com/2013/10/republican-lead...
Cruz did noy care if this country defaulted on it's loans. As long The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was defundedPeople like that don't belong in Congress

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#170395 Oct 19, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
==
I believe I called this one a long time ago and the evidence is right here on this thread, the "tea party" has only added to our problems and wasn't the solution it fashioned itself to be.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...."

People got fooled again. When will it end?

PS- The current situation you have issue with is (the pendulum swing)the result of 8 years of the neo-cons and they're policies.

The voters choose between candidates that have been advanced by special interest groups, monied interests chooses the candidates that "we the people" squabble over.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#170396 Oct 19, 2013
Good evening everyone.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#170397 Oct 19, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
Go vols! What a game.
Good evening Chris, hope all is well. Can't agree with you sbout the Vols, those were my Gamecocks they upset. Peace.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#170398 Oct 19, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad that so many are willing to drag this nation through purgatory just because they don't believe what they were taught in grade school Social Studies BUT .....listen closely, it's very easy. The democratic legislative process involves persuading others of the rightness of your position. Any other means is unconstitutional and unAmerican.

If the plurality decide what we are "doing to this country" - OUR country - is "the way it oughta be", then that's the way it is. The system provides ample opportunity to marshall an argument strong enough to change or modify it.

You CANNOT just threaten to burn the house down cos we won't let you have the car.

I think the TP is another example of the spoiled Dr. Spock generation that wants everything their way or they throw a tantrum.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170399 Oct 19, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am, and you're a spineless liberal....the "Alan Colmes" of this thread. ;-?
How old is that post you replied to - 3 months?

Aside from a general recollection that it involved your immaturity, I've forgotten what prompted it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 9 min Dr_Zorderz 4,756
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Robert F 548,238
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Thinking 229,859
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Buck Crick 749,849
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 13 min Paul really is dead 2,911
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 14 min Kid_Tomorrow 131
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min bacon hater 96,065
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min Pegasus the Patriot 261,601
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 11 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE