UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#170305 Oct 17, 2013
America – A Bankrupt Empire
Financial instability rooted in economic 'blowback' from our disastrous foreign policy
by Justin Raimondo

"On November 7, 2007, the U.S. Treasury announced that the national debt had breached $9 trillion for the first time ever... When George Bush became president in January 2001, it stood at approximately $5.7 trillion. Since then, it has increased by 45%. This huge debt can be largely explained by our defense expenditures in comparison with the rest of the world."

United States

#170306 Oct 17, 2013
Wilhelm Reich

The working masses of men and women, they and they alone, are responsible for everything that takes place, the good things and the bad things. True enough, they suffer most from a war, but it is their apathy, craving for authority, etc., that is most responsible for making wars possible. It follows of necessity from this responsibility that the working masses of men and women, they and they alone, are capable of establishing lasting peace.

United States

#170307 Oct 17, 2013
Colonel James A. Donovan, Marine Corps

The dangerous patriot...is a defender of militarism and its ideals of war and glory.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#170308 Oct 17, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
America – A Bankrupt Empire
Financial instability rooted in economic 'blowback' from our disastrous foreign policy
by Justin Raimondo
"On November 7, 2007, the U.S. Treasury announced that the national debt had breached $9 trillion for the first time ever... When George Bush became president in January 2001, it stood at approximately $5.7 trillion. Since then, it has increased by 45%. This huge debt can be largely explained by our defense expenditures in comparison with the rest of the world."
Now explain 17 trillion under Obama, a near 300% increase.

United States

#170309 Oct 17, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Now explain 17 trillion under Obama, a near 300% increase.
Not really 300%, I didn't add in financial malfesance caused from previous adminstrations - the macroenconmic wars , that figure is only for kinectic Wars.

United States

#170310 Oct 17, 2013
JFK and the Unspeakable
Why He Died and Why It Matters
by James W. Douglass
Touchstone Books, 2008, pxvii

Our citizen denial provides the ground for the government's doctrine of "plausible deniability". John F. Kennedy's assassination is rooted in our denial of our nation's crimes in World War II that began the Cold War and the nuclear arms race. As a growing precedent to JFK's assassination by his own national security state, we U.S. citizens supported our government when it destroyed whole cities (Hamburg, Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki...), when it protected our Cold War security by world-destructive weapons, and when it carried out the covert murders of foreign leaders with "plausible deniability" in a way that was obvious to critical observers.

United States

#170311 Oct 17, 2013
Tony Benn, a former member of the British Parliament, wrote in the Guardian, London
Nuclear Power Is Not The Answer
by Helen Caldicott
New Press, 2006, paperback, p143

Many years ago when the Shah - who had been put on the throne by the US.- was in power in Iran, enormous pressure was put on me, as secretary of state for energy, to agree to sell nuclear power stations to him. That pressure came from the Atomic Energy Authority, in conjunction with Westinghouse, who were anxious to promote their own design of reactor.

United States

#170312 Oct 17, 2013
2011: A Brave New Dystopia
by Chris Hedges

[In '1984' George] Orwell warned of a world where books were banned.{In 'Brave New World' Aldous] Huxley warned of a world where no one wanted to read books. Orwell warned of a state of permanent war and fear. Huxley warned of a culture diverted by mindless pleasure. Orwell warned of a state where every conversation and thought was monitored and dissent was brutally punished. Huxley warned of a state where a population, preoccupied by trivia and gossip, no longer cared about truth or information. Orwell saw us frightened into submission. Huxley saw us seduced into submission. But Huxley, we are discovering, was merely the prelude to Orwell. Huxley understood the process by which we would be complicit in our own enslavement. Orwell understood the enslavement. Now that the corporate coup is over, we stand naked and defenseless. We are beginning to understand, as Karl Marx knew, that unfettered and unregulated capitalism is a brutal and revolutionary force that exploits human beings and the natural world until exhaustion or collapse.

United States

#170313 Oct 17, 2013
The "Deep State" behind U.S. democracy
by Peter Dale Scott
April 6, 2011

Jimmy Carter was elected promising cuts in the defence budget, and before he had left, he had committed the Defense Department to huge increases which we associate with the Reagan administration but were initiated before.

As a consequence, under the surface a massive campaign for increased defense spending, mobilized by wealthy military industrialists through the Committee on the Present Danger, brought public opinion to reinforce Brzezinski’s push for a more militant U.S. presence and policy, particularly in the Indian Ocean.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#170314 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>Tat one post just for you, i know i catch you again, i just want some attention and entertainment and make you dance a little. Bwhahahahahahaha
More gibberish followed by more wallpaper spam.

Worthless troll. Don't you ever get tired of being insignificant (look that up)?

United States

#170315 Oct 17, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
More gibberish followed by more wallpaper spam.
Worthless troll. Don't you ever get tired of being insignificant (look that up)?
Not spam, something to talk about, you warmongering grunter! According you i seem Insignificant but not to others. Bahahahahahaa u worthless, as you rarely input anything good but you supply alot of Ad Homeniems... You more worthless, as seen in most of your giberrish post filled wit nonsenses... ABhahhahaaaa have a hiney melon grunter! hehehehe

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170316 Oct 17, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Pathetic Pandering, emphasis on pathetic!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...
Applies to John McCain not SKL or Lyndi, damn secretary!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170317 Oct 17, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Applies to John McCain not SKL or Lyndi, damn secretary!
I wondered why lisw didn't smack Lyndi for 'pandering', and will admit that I thought you had.

However, I neither agree in total with McCain's assessment, nor do I completely disagree with it. It's debatable, whether or not the actions of the women in question had as much to do with the deal to reopen government operations, as did the circumstances under which it was closed in the first place, and the repercussions the nation faced if it remains so.

I tend to think the latter has at least as much weight as an indication of the necessity for negotiations, as the gender of those who negotiated the possibility for resolution.

I put that post about McCain up for perusal - not in concurrence with its conclusions. Lyndi apparently approved of it. Big deal.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170318 Oct 17, 2013
"...as an indication of the necessity for negotiations, as the gender of those who negotiated..." ahhh crap...meant to say 'success of' rather than 'necessity for'.

My apologies.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170319 Oct 17, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I wondered why lisw didn't smack Lyndi for 'pandering', and will admit that I thought you had.

However, I neither agree in total with McCain's assessment, nor do I completely disagree with it. It's debatable, whether or not the actions of the women in question had as much to do with the deal to reopen government operations, as did the circumstances under which it was closed in the first place, and the repercussions the nation faced if it remains so.

I tend to think the latter has at least as much weight as an indication of the necessity for negotiations, as the gender of those who negotiated the possibility for resolution.

I put that post about McCain up for perusal - not in concurrence with its conclusions. Lyndi apparently approved of it. Big deal.
--
"...as an indication of the necessity for negotiations, as the gender of those who negotiated..." ahhh crap...meant to say 'success of' rather than 'necessity for'.

My apologies.
These guys (McCain & Pryor) were posing for votes. It’s what they do. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t find some Hispanics to prop up while they were at it.

I am so sick and tired of all of this…
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170320 Oct 17, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
These guys (McCain & Pryor) were posing for votes. It’s what they do. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t find some Hispanics to prop up while they were at it.
I am so sick and tired of all of this…

Women Are the Only Adults Left in Washington
With the federal government at shutdown's door, the 20 female Senate members are setting new standards for civility and bipartisanship. Look out, old boys' club

By Jay Newton-Small Oct. 16, 20130

This article will appear in the October 28, 2013 issue of TIME under the title “The Last Politicians.”
==
At one of the darkest moments of the government shutdown, with markets dipping and both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue hurling icy recriminations, Maine Republican Susan Collins went to the Senate floor to do two things that none of her colleagues had yet attempted. She refrained from partisan blame and proposed a plan to end the crisis.“I ask my Democratic and Republican colleagues to come together,” Collins said on Oct. 8.“We can do it. We can legislate responsibly and in good faith.”

Senate Appropriations Committee chair Barbara Mikulski, a Maryland Democrat, happened to be standing nearby, and she soon picked up a microphone and joined in.“Let’s get to it. Let’s get the job done,” she said.“I am willing to negotiate. I am willing to compromise.” Ten minutes later, a third Senator stood to speak.“I am pleased to stand with my friend from Maine, Senator Collins, as she has described a plan which I think is pretty reasonable,” said Alaska Republican Lisa Murkowski.“I think it is pretty sensible.”

As with most anything that happens on C-SPAN, the burst of bipartisan vibes was meant to send a message. But behind the scenes, the wheels really were turning. Most of the Senate’s 20 women had gathered the previous night for pizza, salad and wine in the offices of New Hampshire Senator Jeanne Shaheen, a Democrat. All the buzz that night was about Collins’ plan to reopen the government with some basic compromises. Senator Amy Klobuchar, a Minnesota Democrat, proposed adding the repeal of the unpopular medical-­device tax. Senate Agriculture Committee chair Debbie Stabenow suggested pulling revenue from her stalled farm bill. In policy terms, it was a potluck dinner.

In the hours that followed, those discussions attracted more Senators, including some men, and yielded a plan that would lead to genuine talks between Senate leaders Harry Reid and Mitch ­McConnell to end the shutdown. The ­pieces were all there: extending the debt ceiling and reopening the government with minor adjustments to the ­implementation of Obamacare. No one doubted the origin.“The women are an incredibly positive force because we like each other,” Klobuchar boasted to TIME as the negotiations continued.“We work together well, and we look for common ground.”

It’s quite an irony that the U.S. Senate was once known for having the worst vestiges of a private men’s club: unspoken rules, hidden alliances, off-hours socializing and an ethic based at least as much on personal relationships as merit to get things done. That Senate—a fraternal paradise that worked despite all its obvious shortcomings—is long gone. And now the only place the old boys’ network seems to function anymore is among the four Republicans and 16 Democrats who happen to be women."

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/10/16/women-ar...

The entire article is >well< worth a read, unless of course you think Time magazine is trying to position itself for votes.....

United States

#170321 Oct 17, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
With the federal government at shutdown's door, the 20 female Senate members are setting new standards for civility and bipartisanship. Look out, old boys' club
This article will appear in the October 28, 2013 issue of TIME under the title “The Last Politicians.”
==
At one of the darkest moments of the government shutdown, with markets dipping and both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue hurling icy recriminations, Maine Republican Susan Collins went to the Senate floor to do two things that none of her colleagues had yet attempted. She refrained from partisan blame and proposed a plan to end the crisis.“I ask my Democratic and Republican colleagues to come together,” Collins said on Oct. 8.“We can do it. We can legislate responsibly and in good faith.”
Senate Appropriations Committee chair Barbara Mikulski, a Maryland Democrat, happened to be standing nearby, and she soon picked up a microphone and joined in.“Let’s get to it. Let’s get the job done,” she said.“I am willing to negotiate. I am willing to compromise.” Ten minutes later, a third Senator stood to speak.“I am pleased to stand with my friend from Maine, Senator Collins, as she has described a plan which I think is pretty reasonable,” said Alaska Republican Lisa Murkowski.“I think it is pretty sensible.”
As with most anything that happens on C-SPAN, the burst of bipartisan vibes was meant to send a message. But behind the scenes, the wheels really were turning. Most of the Senate’s 20 women had gathered the previous night for pizza, salad and wine in the offices of New Hampshire Senator Jeanne Shaheen, a Democrat. All the buzz that night was about Collins’ plan to reopen the government with some basic compromises. Senator Amy Klobuchar, a Minnesota Democrat, proposed adding the repeal of the unpopular medical-­device tax. Senate Agriculture Committee chair Debbie Stabenow suggested pulling revenue from her stalled farm bill. In policy terms, it was a potluck dinner.
In the hours that followed, those discussions attracted more Senators, including some men, and yielded a plan that would lead to genuine talks between Senate leaders Harry Reid and Mitch ­McConnell to end the shutdown. The ­pieces were all there: extending the debt ceiling and reopening the government with minor adjustments to the ­implementation of Obamacare. No one doubted the origin.“The women are an incredibly positive force because we like each other,” Klobuchar boasted to TIME as the negotiations continued.“We work together well, and we look for common ground.”
It’s quite an irony that the U.S. Senate was once known for having the worst vestiges of a private men’s club: unspoken rules, hidden alliances, off-hours socializing and an ethic based at least as much on personal relationships as merit to get things done. That Senate—a fraternal paradise that worked despite all its obvious shortcomings—is long gone. And now the only place the old boys’ network seems to function anymore is among the four Republicans and 16 Democrats who happen to be women."
The entire article is >well< worth a read, unless of course you think Time magazine is trying to position itself for votes.....
I prefer some women that not you type but Sis Kathryn is good representative type we all want as leader... forgive me if you not my type, don't be jealous. Bwhahahhaaa

United States

#170322 Oct 17, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
==
Our leaders are cruel because only those willing to be inordinately cruel and remorseless can hold positions of leadership in the foreign policy establishment. People capable of expressing a full human measure of compassion and empathy toward faraway powerless strangers do not become president of the United States, or vice president, or secretary of state, or national security adviser."
William Blum
Lost In Transition

United States

#170323 Oct 17, 2013
"Delaware officials are celebrating the state's first health insurance exchange enrollee," The Associated Press reported yesterday. "Department of Health and Social Service officials have declared 59-year-old Janice Baker of Selbyville the first resident to enroll in the marketplace."

It only took 16 days to find someone in Delaware willing to sign up.
At this rate, by the year 4882, every uninsured Delaware resident will be covered. And Delaware only received $13,000,000 in grants for implementation of its health marketplace...

The people....er, person....has spoken! Take THAT, Cruz.
dogs of war

Baltimore, MD

#170324 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>Our leaders are cruel because only those willing to be inordinately cruel and remorseless can hold positions of leadership in the foreign policy establishment. People capable of expressing a full human measure of compassion and empathy toward faraway powerless strangers do not become president of the United States, or vice president, or secretary of state, or national security adviser."
William Blum
ha haaaaaaaaaaaa
you got not basic clue of foreign cruelity and visious tactics with smile and jokes on their leaders faces,
american government is laughable jerks and jokes in foreign countries,
it is like same,like I do make funny jokes from all of you american cyber poor cretins,idiots, psychos,gays,or man kicked a...by almost every american women,
uneducation,poverty,stupidity, division,hate each other,greed.coldness,no heart, no sincerelity,fat hamburgers bellies,faces like pigs, bold heads like criminals, and only foodstamps eating cheap trush from Aldi,Walmart,or bread like stinking foam,

cities are ghosts ruined empty cities,only criminals rambling around with police selling them drugs,
just Society of dead physicaly and spiritualy humanoids called americans

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min hojo 568,786
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 797,474
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Pegasus 267,644
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 10 min RainerH 76
m2m Sex (Jan '14) 29 min raju 12
Would YOU like prayer for YOUR situation? (Feb '09) 49 min Truths 1,472
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 57 min lil whispers 607,273
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr Fred 178
More from around the web