Bush is a hero

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170341 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Women Are the Only Adults Left in Washington
False premise from the get go!
Detracts from an otherwise well written and informative piece.

I could insert that this is no surprise because the author is a WOMAN but that would also show a preconceived notion on my part, so I won’t.
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire article is >well< worth a read, unless of course you think Time magazine is trying to position itself for votes.....

Of course I do!
Haven’t you read it?

Location hidden

#170342 Oct 18, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
So the women are more civilized in their denial of our debt problems, and worked in a bi-partisan fashion over a nice meal to make them worse.

Great!! We'll be outta this mess in no time.
Personally, I'd rather they kick somebody in the nads.
Not real particular about who.
What he said!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170343 Oct 18, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
So the women are more civilized in their denial of our debt problems, and worked in a bi-partisan fashion over a nice meal to make them worse.
Great!! We'll be outta this mess in no time.
Personally, I'd rather they kick somebody in the nads. Not real particular about who.
Unless you wanted the shutdown to wander on into the land of ad infinitum, it needed to stop and apparently the boys, though dressed nicely in their Brooks Brothers suits and silk ties wouldn't stop bumping chests, clenching their jaws & fists and yelling "yeah well, you're nothing but a bunch of anarchist suicide bombers" to the opposing teams delightful response rendition of ------> Amazing Grace.
And if you think DC needs a kicker? Hire Chris Christie I guess in 2016. He can kick a field goal from the 50 yard line using people as a football.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170344 Oct 18, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
False premise from the get go!
Detracts from an otherwise well written and informative piece.
I could insert that this is no surprise because the author is a WOMAN but that would also show a preconceived notion on my part, so I won’t.
<quoted text>
Of course I do!
Haven’t you read it?
I always read what I suggest others look at. I simply thought you might want to alter your cocksure statement of:
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
These guys (McCain & Pryor) were posing for votes. It’s what they do. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t find some Hispanics to prop up while they were at it.
I provided material that refutes your comment, you don't think it does and so, we're exactly nowhere. That's fine. Being exactly nowhere is pretty common around here.

https://www.photospin.com/content/photos/full...

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#170345 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I always read what I suggest others look at. I simply thought you might want to alter your cocksure statement of:
<quoted text>
I provided material that refutes your comment, you don't think it does and so, we're exactly nowhere. That's fine. Being exactly nowhere is pretty common around here.
For once, we agree.

Location hidden

#170346 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>

These guys (McCain & Pryor) were posing for votes. It’s what they do. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t find some Hispanics to prop up while they were at it.

The article you cited was about the emergence of female leadership and its possible future roles in government while using the broad brush on past male leadership.(tsk, tsk, tsk.) While mildly humorous and entertaining, it did nothing to gain my respect for the author.

It also didn’t refute my opinion about McCain and Pryor.
These guys need to regain the female vote and what a better opportunity.
I think my cocksure position is cocksure!

Call me biased, I am.
Also call me cynical.

We probably have more in common than not.
I say we search for that.

http://thehumandelusion.com/wp-content/themes...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170347 Oct 18, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you asking Ted Cruz, he didn't shut down the government. That would be the majority in the Senate that refused to act on any compromise bills the House was sending over to fully fund the government, with only obamacare exceptions.
Had the shutdown succeeded in defunding Obamacare, you'd be tripping over your own feet to plant a stone enrcrusted crown on the head of Ted Cruz.
Headlines around the country proclaiming:

"CRUZ SHUTDOWN, SHUTS DOWN OBAMACARE!
With a beaming new new face of the entire republican party, Tea Party negotiator extraordinaire, Ted Cruz, has taken Washington, DC by storm and done what conventional republicans have been unable to. He has singlehandely and in the remarkably brave Tiananmen Square fashion, brought Obamacare, the POTUS and democrats to their knees.........."
====
But because the shutdown failed, you're tripping over you own feet to distance yourself from it.-lol- You can't fool me, bobin. I've got a great view from up here on the turnip truck.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170348 Oct 18, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
We probably have more in common than not.
I say we search for that.
http://thehumandelusion.com/wp-content/themes...
It's too soon to tell if we have more in common or not but in the game of "which zebra are you?" I wouldn't be any of them. I'd be outside the frame......the drooling lion off to the side deciding which one of those striped things posing for animal crackers, I wanted for lunch.

Location hidden

#170349 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Had the shutdown succeeded in defunding Obamacare,...
There was never any real hope of it happening.
That fact was established before Cruz took the stage.

Why does everyone keep chanting this?

Cruz is spotlighting another issue, one that has long been forgotten.

Stay tuned!

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170350 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad that wasn't a lead headline and story but nooooooo, a bunch of yahoos opted instead for a 24 billion dollar shutdown mistakenly thinking Obama was ever going to yell 'uncle.
Better that 24 billion than to fund the $2.7 trillion obamacare fiasco. It's just too bad that we have 25 Republican lite Senators that opted for the $2.7 trillion spending option.

I wonder what's included in that $24 billion, the additional costs needed to shut down open air memorials, the additional costs to shut down locations that are privately funded, Congressional and administration pay, the double dip pay for both employee furloughs and unemployment, the cost to pay benefits to late Senator Lautenberg's widow (who is worth at least 60 million $$$), the costs to pay death benefits to soldier's widows and families, military wages, etc. If the numbers come from this administration, you know they've been greatly inflated, because Congress and the pResident only kicked the can down the road for a few months, and may have to go through this again, in an election year.

It didn't surprise me one bit when the surrender wing of the Republican Party used the administration's figures, without question, as a way to show that the pResident's shutdown was a bad thing.
Lyndi wrote:
But all is not lost. Cruz got a 2 million person list to use for future fundraising out of this hoedown, congress achieved a whopping 5% approval rating, we embarrassed ourselves {again} as an incompetent bunch of nitwits in front of the entire world,
the bruised Tea Party has reconvened in their tree house to plan their next pea shooter vs drone assault, the GOP is trying to get up off the floor and Obama is running a vistory lap.
Yay!
The Tea Party showed the American voters that they were willing to go to the mat for the taxpayer, and tried to cut excessive government spending, and obamacare. It also showed that the old guard, big government type Republicants couldn't be counted on.

"We can't win." -John McCain

Get ready to swallow amnesty with open borders next.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170351 Oct 18, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
"We can't win." -John McCain
My, my, my, my, my.
WHY you keep going back to McCain is truly unbelieveable to me. This was a Tea Party idea, a Tea Party shindig, A Tea Party mission and if you needed McCain et al to successfully pull it off, either you should have gotten his support beforehand or pulled the plug on it until you had enough troops of your own.

He and 24 others told you "NO" and at the risk of beating to death an old line, what part of "NO" did the Tea Party not understand? And to top it off, YOU can't stand McCain anyway but yet you want his support. Do you not get how bizarre that is?

"Hey, Mclame, you RINO piece of dog poo- stick with us and win can win this, okay?"

Yeah, there's a plan.

Location hidden

#170352 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too soon to tell if we have more in common or not but in the game of "which zebra are you?" I wouldn't be any of them. I'd be outside the frame......the drooling lion off to the side deciding which one of those striped things posing for animal crackers, I wanted for lunch.
Except that we're all zebras, metaphorically speaking.

I picture you as the one on the far left!

;)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170353 Oct 18, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party showed the American voters that they were willing to go to the mat for the taxpayer, and tried to cut excessive government spending, and obamacare.
The Tea Party put on a school play about a civil revolt and Ted Cruz played the part Jefferson Davis. Skip the school plays. Go do it the old fashioned way, win yourselves some national elections and wait until you're handed the reins.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#170354 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party put on a school play about a civil revolt and Ted Cruz played the part Jefferson Davis. Skip the school plays. Go do it the old fashioned way, win yourselves some national elections and wait until you're handed the reins.
And look here:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Now that the government shutdown is over, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) plans to read the Affordable Care Act, he told reporters today.

“It’s definitely been on my must-read list for a while now,” Sen. Cruz said of the law often referred to as Obamacare.“Things have just been so hectic around here lately, I couldn’t get to it.”

The Texas Senator said that he started reading the law this morning and observed,“So far, it’s pretty dry.”

“It’s not a page-turner, that’s for sure,” he said.“But it’s caused so much controversy, it must have some pretty juicy stuff in it. I’ll keep reading it and see what I find.”

Sen. Cruz said that when he finishes reading the Affordable Care Act, he plans to read the United States Constitution.

“People kept bringing it up the last few weeks,” he said.“So I’m kind of curious to see what all the fuss is about.”

Location hidden

#170355 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, my, my, my.
WHY you keep going back to McCain is truly unbelieveable to me. This was a Tea Party idea, a Tea Party shindig, A Tea Party mission and if you needed McCain et al to successfully pull it off, either you should have gotten his support beforehand or pulled the plug on it until you had enough troops of your own.
He and 24 others told you "NO" and at the risk of beating to death an old line, what part of "NO" did the Tea Party not understand? And to top it off, YOU can't stand McCain anyway but yet you want his support. Do you not get how bizarre that is?
"Hey, Mclame, you RINO piece of dog poo- stick with us and win can win this, okay?"
Yeah, there's a plan.
McCain wanted to surrender quickly on obamacare so he could move on to his next act to royally screw Republicans and the USA... lead the push for AMNESTY for illegals, WITHOUT first, or ever, securing our borders.

It's only a matter of time before John-Boy pulls a Charlie Crist.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170356 Oct 18, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that we're all zebras, metaphorically speaking.
I picture you as the one on the far left!
;)
As Clint says, "Man's got to know his limitations..."

Sorry about your limitations, fella.
;)

Location hidden

#170357 Oct 18, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
A $17 trillion national debt with no decrease in spending, obamacare, amnesty, unwilling to stand up for the Constitution, support for obama policies while stabbing voters and the Tea Party that represents their wishes in the back... just how long are you going to support the old guard Republican Party?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/tea-party-ta...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170358 Oct 18, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
There was never any real hope of it happening.
That fact was established before Cruz took the stage.
Why does everyone keep chanting this?
Cruz is spotlighting another issue, one that has long been forgotten.
Stay tuned!
Been 'forgotten' since 1867 or so, eh?

The federal government may be big and bloated, and ineffective, and wasteful, and corrupt - but why call us the United States, if we don't have a Federal (uniting) Government?

Are you secesh or something?

Have at it if so....good luck!

Location hidden

#170359 Oct 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>As Clint says, "Man's got to know his limitations..."
Sorry about your limitations, fella.
;)
I've accepted them.
I usually only work with those who have as well.
We ALL sleep good at night.

Clint fan?

Location hidden

#170360 Oct 18, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Been 'forgotten' since 1867 or so, eh?
The federal government may be big and bloated, and ineffective, and wasteful, and corrupt - but why call us the United States, if we don't have a Federal (uniting) Government?
Are you secesh or something?
Have at it if so....good luck!
The squawk on the street is that individual states should have more of a say aside from Big Brother. The kids are all grown up. Their starting to flex their little muscles. Sure they'll get spanked but you know how kids are when they put their mind to something. Especially when you factor in that damn peer pressure thingy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 110,294
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr President DonJ Trump 982,214
Buy A-PVP Research Chemicals online, Bath Salts... (Apr '13) 3 hr kaylaperkins 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr President DonJ Trump 675,596
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 4 hr Roxanne 474
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Palanty 46,195
More from around the web