Bush is a hero
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#170286 Oct 17, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple nights ago I met and spoke to a Russian scientist. Fascinating guy. A medical physicist. He grew up in the USSR and has lived in the US for about 35 years. Anyway, we talked about Putin and Gorbechev, Reagan, his views of Russia's perpetual economic need for enemies, Russia's unique schooling & training for political figures etc. etc. and all kinds of interesting stuff and eventually he got around to giving me his take on Obama. He told me, "In my profession, I take possible medical cures and ideas for ailing human beings and try them out on a select number of animals. Obama takes ailing community organizing ideas and tries them out on 300 million human beings."
US tries not on us Americans but on the world. And not all Pres O. fault, try previous Admins. Wake up time!
Live and let live

United States

#170287 Oct 17, 2013
Jeb for president

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170288 Oct 17, 2013
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170289 Oct 17, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
lol- Um, yeah The beards some of those players have have really are disturbing, aren't they? Blech- Well, the good news is if they win I don't care what they look like PLUS, I never have to kiss them!

Location hidden

#170290 Oct 17, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, "The Tea Party shall rise again" and it's is just a little too reminiscent of "the South shall rise again," bobin. And your Tea Party is already hearing rumblings of that.
But don't take my word for it.
http://bend.craigslist.org/rnr/4124221802.htm...
"The Tea Party-inspired drive to derail Obamacare is anchored in a place where opposition to the federal government is as old as the nation: the American South. The current fight, a budget standoff that threatens the creditworthiness of the U.S, has vestiges of the secession from the union that started in South Carolina and led to the Civil War. It carries echoes of the nullification crisis over tariffs in the 1830s and the so-called massive resistance movement to oppose desegregation of public schools in the 1950s.
In each of those fights, led by Democrats who then dominated the region, Southerners said they were overrun by Northerners hostile to their culture in ways that undermined their freedom. Now, their heirs are Republicans and, while the region’s prevailing party affiliation has changed, the basic orthodoxy has remained.
“I think there are continuities, obviously, between the Tea Party today and the longer tradition of Southern politics that dates back upward of two centuries,” said Stephen Mihm, a professor of history at the University of Georgia in Athens.
It also now includes Western states,“with strong libertarian strains,” said Mihm, who is a contributor to Bloomberg View.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-11/obam...
So that's where the RINO Republican Senators got their political advise from... Democrats and liberal journalists. That explains a lot.

http://minutemennews.com/2013/10/mccain-hope-...

Unfortunately, John-Boy didn't learn the lessons of 1995 very well. We kept control of the House, and gained two Senate seats. Most important, the economy made enormous gains, as did consumer confidence, after the Republicans showed they were serious about containing governmental over spending. Maybe McCain should have spent more time learning history, and a lot less time learning how to surrender from the Democrats.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170291 Oct 17, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's rich that the guards in federal prisons aren't being paid... but the inmates are! Does this administration have their priorities right, or what?
The longer the Senate Democrats continue their government shutdown, the more the people see, and the more petty and vindictive the pResident and the Senate Democrats look.
The pResident has to quit drawing 'red lines' that he can't hope to keep... no negotiating, veto the bill to pay benefits to fallen soldiers families.
$24 billion, all for an effort, which had zero chance of succeeding, to defund health care reform.

$24 billion for what was essentially an ego joyride for Senator Cruz.

So now that it's over, America wants to know, where's our money?
http://leftaction.com/action/tell-ted-cruz-yo...

Location hidden

#170292 Oct 17, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>$24 billion, all for an effort, which had zero chance of succeeding, to defund health care reform.
$24 billion for what was essentially an ego joyride for Senator Cruz.
So now that it's over, America wants to know, where's our money?
http://leftaction.com/action/tell-ted-cruz-yo...
Why are you asking Ted Cruz, he didn't shut down the government. That would be the majority in the Senate that refused to act on any compromise bills the House was sending over to fully fund the government, with only obamacare exceptions. Cruz represented a group of 19 votes, the Democrats and their Republican supporters had 76 votes. It's the majority that ignored the voters and shut the fed down, not the minority... America needs to be asking Harry Reid those questions. The media never was very good with math.

Location hidden

#170293 Oct 17, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you asking Ted Cruz, he didn't shut down the government. That would be the majority in the Senate that refused to act on any compromise bills the House was sending over to fully fund the government, with only obamacare exceptions. Cruz represented a group of 19 votes, the Democrats and their Republican supporters had 76 votes. It's the majority that ignored the voters and shut the fed down, not the minority... America needs to be asking Harry Reid those questions. The media never was very good with math.
Maybe because "Fully funded" and "with exceptions" are at cross purposes with each other, and using them both to explain the Tea Party's position is oxymoronic?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#170294 Oct 17, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You are rapidly approaching madman level.

Maybe this will help (from Salon):

Libertarian ideology rejects most of the modern regulatory systems that protect consumers, because everyone should be responsible for determining whether the hamburger contains E. coli on his own. But does that do-it-yourself dogma apply to the regulation of medicine, too? If you’re Dr. Rand Paul, practicing ophthalmologist, the answer is emphatically yes.

According to an amusing story in today’s Louisville Courier-Journal, the Kentucky Republican Senate candidate bills himself as a “board-certified” physician even though he is not actually certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology — the only recognized body that certifies doctors in his specialty.

Paul’s only certification was provided instead by something called the National Board of Ophthalmology, which is very convenient because he operates that organization himself. As the Courier-Journal explains drily, the American Board of Ophthalmology, which maintains a fully staffed headquarters in Philadelphia, has existed for roughly a century and currently lists about 16,000 doctors on its rolls.(Most hospitals and insurance companies strongly prefer doctors who are board-certified because certification indicates that they have kept up with changes in technology, best practices and so on.) The National Board of Ophthalmology has existed since 1999, when Paul “founded” it, lists no more than seven doctors, and its address is a post-office box in Bowling Green, Ky. He had claimed to be certified by both boards, but Courier-Journal reporter Joseph Gerth quickly discovered that claim was false.

When Gerth tried to ask Paul why he claims to be board-certified when he isn’t and why he set up the National Board of Ophthalmology, the candidate stonewalled:

“I’m not going to go through all that right now,” Paul said while at the Great Eastern National Gun Day Show and JAG Military Show, in Louisville. Asked when he would talk, Paul said:“Uh, you know, never … What does this have to do with our election?”

Location hidden

#170295 Oct 17, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe because "Fully funded" and "with exceptions" are at cross purposes with each other, and using them both to explain the Tea Party's position is oxymoronic?
What a difference a slight modification of one's words can make.

I said "with obamacare exceptions", not "with exceptions". Please try to be accurate, as one is limited to a specific disastrous startup program, the other could mean an exception for any, or many, programs.

Location hidden

#170296 Oct 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>When Gerth tried to ask Paul why he claims to be board-certified when he isn’t and why he set up the National Board of Ophthalmology, the candidate stonewalled:
Speaking of ophthalmologists and stonewalling, what did obama wind up doing to punish Assad for crossing barry's 'red line' for allegedly using chemical weapons on his people?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#170297 Oct 17, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You worst one and War monger /supporters is worst than trolls! ABhahahaaa
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"

War monger War monger War monger War monger War monger War monger.

Well I guess that's ONE way to learn our language, troll.
Just keep repeating the only phrases you know, until yer neighbor
whacks ya with a frying pan to jolt you back to earth.

The rest is pure gibberish!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#170298 Oct 17, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>US tries not on us Americans but on the world. And not all Pres O. fault, try previous Admins. Wake up time!
More gibberish. Scroll past.

Location hidden

#170299 Oct 17, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
What a difference a slight modification of one's words can make.
I said "with obamacare exceptions", not "with exceptions". Please try to be accurate, as one is limited to a specific disastrous startup program, the other could mean an exception for any, or many, programs.
But in this case, it doesn't. It means the exception in question.
Fine.

"Fully funded" and "With Obamacare Exceptions" are still at cross purposes when discussing "the national budget"...since "Obamacare" has been law for nearly four years, and is included in the budget projections.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#170300 Oct 17, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of ophthalmologists and stonewalling, what did obama wind up doing to punish Assad for crossing barry's 'red line' for allegedly using chemical weapons on his people?
Hey, cool.

You caught yourself a red herring.

Congratulations.

United States

#170301 Oct 17, 2013
tRY THIS BELOW YOU WARMONGERING SUPPORTING GRUNT aIRHEAD bULLDOGGY DORK! bHAHAHAHAHAHA! Why You bunch of US War supporters/right wingers /war mongers/War Investors/THOSE Soldiers without morals/Mercenaries//Authoritar ians/Pyschopaths/Criminals... you bunch are real Anti-Americans/immigrants , Anti-World masses, Anti-world Peace, Anti-civil liberty, Anti-human rights, Anti-US constitution, anti-labor rights...

Nice piece of insanity from you BELOW BAD bOB, aDULT BABY, you forgot to take you medS , YOU Must had escaped from insane pyschoward! abHAHAHAHAHAA
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
"You worst one"
"No, YOU worst one"
Well I guess that's ONE way to learn our language, troll.
Just keep repeating the only phrases you know, until yer neighbor
whacks ya with a frying pan to jolt you back to earth.
The rest is pure gibberish!

United States

#170302 Oct 17, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
More gibberish. Scroll past.
Tat one post just for you, i know i catch you again, i just want some attention and entertainment and make you dance a little. Bwhahahahahahaha

United States

#170303 Oct 17, 2013
Report from Iron Mountain On the Possibility and Desirability of Peace
p33

The military function of the war system serves simply to defend or advance the "national interest" by means of organized violence. It is often necessary for a national military establishment to create a need for its unique powers... And a healthy military apparatus requires regular "exercise," by whatever rationale seems expedient, to prevent its atrophy.

United States

#170304 Oct 17, 2013
ADD! I have no problem with Capitalism but with Predatory Capitalism and corporatism/militarism!

Chris Hedges
The Perversion of Scholarship
TruthDig July 30, 2012
Corporate culture, which now dominates higher education, shares the predatory culture of the military. These cultures are about subsuming the self into the herd. They are about the acquiring of technical, vocational skills to serve the system. These forces of conformity are hostile to the humanities that teach students to question assumptions and structures, that prod them to seek a life of meaning and an ethical code that challenges the blind, utilitarian obedience to power and profit that corporations and the military instill. We will, I fear, continue to turn out the intellectually stunted and maimed, those who know school football records but no philosophy, drama, art, music, theology, literature or history.

United States

#170305 Oct 17, 2013
America – A Bankrupt Empire
Financial instability rooted in economic 'blowback' from our disastrous foreign policy
by Justin Raimondo

"On November 7, 2007, the U.S. Treasury announced that the national debt had breached $9 trillion for the first time ever... When George Bush became president in January 2001, it stood at approximately $5.7 trillion. Since then, it has increased by 45%. This huge debt can be largely explained by our defense expenditures in comparison with the rest of the world."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 641,009
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 37,140
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Osmius 969,785
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Janitor Of The LORD 618,278
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Steve III 44,263
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 47 min jasiEL 104,548
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 54 min Ricky F 38,319
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 280,845
More from around the web