Bush is a hero

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170232 Oct 16, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Because SKL has made it personal with just about everyone here. Besides her statement was ignorant as can be....
Works for me!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#170233 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I can even call that a nice dodge. It was just a dodge.
You dont need to know anything about my secretary to answer the question. It isnt just about my secretary. Its about everyone in MN. that pays for their HC.
Do you think an increase of 4 grand over 2 years is justifiable for Obama care?
By the way Willie, from what I understand the big increase is coming next year, after the ins. agency's find out what this bill is going to cost them.

We'll have to wait and see, but I really cant see how anyone could think this is good for America. My OL wont be adding much to the economy, unless she can find a job that will give her HC. Something that is no doubt going by the wayside.

From what I've heard people lookin for work have to stand out among thousands of other applicants also looking for work. Its hard these days to get work let alone a good paying job with benefits.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170234 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Because SKL has made it personal with just about everyone here. Besides her statement was ignorant as can be....
Everyone here makes it personal, Rider. I'm no exception. Neither are you.
(Doesn't exactly make for congenial conversation, but this isn't that, and never was. It's Topix, not a Sunday Social.)

My point in making the statement you've labeled as 'ignorant',
was that those who object to the implementation of the ACA, are vehemently protesting the implementation of values which Jesus Christ of Nazareth stood for....even, perhaps especially, the Christians. And they're wriggling underneath the spiritual obligation to do so, like worms on a hook.

Hypocrisy irritates the booga-booga outta me...

:)

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#170235 Oct 16, 2013
Flash!!!

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Acknowledging that the government shutdown was coming to an end, an emotional Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) took to the Senate floor today to make an impassioned speech, telling his colleagues,“The dream of keeping poor people from seeing a doctor must never die.”

His eyes welling up with tears, Sen. Cruz said,“I embarked on this crusade with a simple goal: to keep affordable health care out of the reach of ordinary, hard-working Americans. And while this battle was lost, that dream—that precious, cherished dream—will live on.”

Reflecting on the government shutdown and near-default that almost touched off a global financial apocalypse, Sen. Cruz said,“We’ll give it another try in a few weeks.”

Sen. Cruz’s closest ally, Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) also spoke reverently of the shutdown, calling it “the most expensive Civil War reënactment in history.”

“Unfortunately, once again, the wrong side won,” he said.

Over in the House of Representatives, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) congratulated his colleagues on the deal to resolve the shutdown, telling reporters,“This proves that when we work together, we can come up with a totally unsatisfactory solution to a completely unnecessary crisis.”

But the last word belonged to Sen. Cruz, who ended his emotional speech with a quiet benediction:“Goodnight stars. Goodnight air. Goodnight noises everywhere.”

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170236 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Then you must be very comfortable in your living situation or retirement. For the average person its going to create a hardship to come up with 4 grand for insurance. And not many people are going to want to work 3 jobs to barely survive.
I said what I said to Lust because I doubt very much she has to come up with the extra cash or she would understand there may be other reasons why folks object to it. My seceretary never mentioned the thought about helping others out, her concern was how in the hell can I pay for it!!! Lust and her husband probably gets it through an employer. So what does it cost her? Nothing really. Or at least nothing she can see at the moment.
Anyone whose paying their own HI though will see it immediately and it will be a hardship on alot if not most all of them.
You want to tell me how 'if you're not protesting this law it must benefit you' and 'if you're protesting this law it must not help you' differ at all?

Seems to me you're saying the same thing SKL is, even if you're phrasing it somewhat different.

Location hidden

#170237 Oct 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
My point in making the statement you've labeled as 'ignorant',
was that those who object to the implementation of the ACA, are vehemently protesting the implementation of values which Jesus Christ of Nazareth stood for....

Hypocrisy irritates the booga-booga outta me...

Jesus was non-political.

And...I'm with ya on the hypocrisy thingy!

Location hidden

#170238 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Flash!!!
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Acknowledging that the government shutdown was coming to an end, an emotional Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) took to the Senate floor today to make an impassioned speech, telling his colleagues,“The dream of keeping poor people from seeing a doctor must never die.”

His eyes welling up with tears, Sen. Cruz said,“I embarked on this crusade with a simple goal: to keep affordable health care out of the reach of ordinary, hard-working Americans. And while this battle was lost, that dream—that precious, cherished dream—will live on.”

Reflecting on the government shutdown and near-default that almost touched off a global financial apocalypse, Sen. Cruz said,“We’ll give it another try in a few weeks.”

Sen. Cruz’s closest ally, Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) also spoke reverently of the shutdown, calling it “the most expensive Civil War reënactment in history.”

“Unfortunately, once again, the wrong side won,” he said.
Over in the House of Representatives, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) congratulated his colleagues on the deal to resolve the shutdown, telling reporters,“This proves that when we work together, we can come up with a totally unsatisfactory solution to a completely unnecessary crisis.”

But the last word belonged to Sen. Cruz, who ended his emotional speech with a quiet benediction:“Goodnight stars. Goodnight air. Goodnight noises everywhere.”
Should read - News Flash!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#170239 Oct 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you heard, obamacare is the law, passed by majorities in both Houses of Congress, signed into law by the POTUS, and deemed Constitutional by the SCOTUS. All that was left was for Congress to fund it... that we could have blocked... except for 25 Senate Republicants who voted to give Reid the means to make that happen, and are back on obama's Christmas Card list, and the liberal media's call list.
It was reported some time ago that other than about 20%, the ACA had already funded.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170240 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No comment.
Mother Lyndi has decreed that religion should be discussed in the proper threads.
Worthless troll!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170241 Oct 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>It means I'm 'sick' of people who beat their chests with 'love for Christ', only to be appalled when the law of the land requires them to do what he preached we all should.
Take care of those around us.
That's what Jesus DID. Regardless of the law.
(Innit?)
Hah! I'm SICK of you 3 trolls too, but so what.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#170242 Oct 16, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Worthless troll!
Hey, what's your take on the deal reached today in Congress?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170243 Oct 16, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was non-political.
And...I'm with ya on the hypocrisy thingy!
The non-political nature of the Lord, would seem to me a very good reason to keep his name out of politics....especially when it is used to justify acting in direct opposition to the values he held.

JMO

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170244 Oct 16, 2013
It's a bad day for baseball... unless Boston can magically come up with seven or more runs.

The Cards may have lost today, but I don't think the Dodgers have a prayer of taking two games from the Cardinals, not in St. Louis.

Watching baseball tonight is depressing, maybe I can find some station playing 'Heidi'.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170245 Oct 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
It's a bad day for baseball... unless Boston can magically come up with seven or more runs.
The Cards may have lost today, but I don't think the Dodgers have a prayer of taking two games from the Cardinals, not in St. Louis.
Watching baseball tonight is depressing, maybe I can find some station playing 'Heidi'.
That would only be appropriate if the station you were watching cut to Heidi at the end of the 8th and the home team scored 10 runs in the bottom of the 9th.

If you know what I'm talking about - you're old.

;-)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170246 Oct 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Here you go, bobin. This will entertain you for a couple of minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170247 Oct 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>That would only be appropriate if the station you were watching cut to Heidi at the end of the 8th and the home team scored 10 runs in the bottom of the 9th.
;-)
The Heidi Bowl... why the networks never cut away from the end of football games, unless they're going to another football game.

You're right, I'm old. I think I'm older than you, and probably everyone else here too.

I'd quit watching this ball game and see what's happening in politics... but that's even worse.
:(

The Tea Party shall rise again!
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#170248 Oct 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>That would only be appropriate if the station you were watching cut to Heidi at the end of the 8th and the home team scored 10 runs in the bottom of the 9th.
;-)
Go Jets.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#170249 Oct 16, 2013
I've been a history buff and politics junkie for, well jeez, since I was a paper boy during the last throes of the Johnson era.....

.....and I cannot put my finger on a more bewildering spectacle than the last two weeks. I hate to over-simplify but it looks to me like the economy, 800,000 employees and their families, and the nation itself, all suffered.....

....just to raise the profile of one upstart junior senator with an eye on 2016.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170250 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, what's your take on the deal reached today in Congress?
My take? Hmmmmm, well now lemmee see.
UMMM, ok, GOT IT! Ya ready? Got yer fav beverage?

Yer back door attempt to engage me in civil dialogue just failed.
If you've been reading the posts for the last couple weeks, you'd already have a good idea of what my "take" is, regardless of when
this deal was brokered.

But more important is that you will hafta lay down a track record
of civil exchanges from various posters in here (besides me & Global Idiot) over the next few weeks, to prove that you really aren't a worthless troll.

I'm betting you not only can't do it, but have NO interest in even trying. Therefore yer status quo will likely prevail.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#170251 Oct 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I'm old. I think I'm older than you, and probably everyone else here too.
IIRC you said you were in yer mid to late 50's? W is about 61, I'm 66.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Travesty 51,886
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min nanoanomaly 991,964
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 693,221
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 56 min Peter Ross 445,981
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr __The Clown Master__ 2,470
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,736
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 2 hr WelbyMD 15
More from around the web