“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170152 Oct 15, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I highly doubt this is what they wanted......
I think they wanted government scaled back not shut down......
They tried to fund the entire government, with just a few exceptions. Unfortunately, obama and his Democrats, plus a couple dozen RINO Republicans aren't interested in getting their spending in check.
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#170153 Oct 15, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, I think your the one whose been smokin......
Did they want it shut down?
All I said was they wanted it scaled back and you apparently agree with me..........Are we both high?
By the way the debt is going down. First time in over a decade probably........
You're living in a bubble if you aren't aware that Republicans, and especially TP Republicans, have been calling for a government shutdown since at least 2010. You would have to ignore the speeches - available on your favorite video compiler - calling expressly for a gov't shutdown. You would have to be oblivious of those coming out of that meeting on Sept. 30, all grins and thumbs-up, when it was determined that a shutdown was imminent. You would have to be ignorant of those saying, on camera, "We got just what we wanted." You would have to be ignorant of the quiet, last-minute "minor" change in House rules that now prohibited anyone but the Speaker to call a bill to a vote.

http://c-spanvideo.org/clip/4468570

You can say they're resolute, courageous, maverick, or any number of gushy superlatives.

But you cannot say Republicans didn't want to shut the government down.

Not truthfully anyway....

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170154 Oct 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, that's nothing new. The Tea Party has getting the blame for everything, by the media, the pResident, Democrats and the 'old guard, big government' Republicans.

I think the first guy might be Rick Perry....
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#170156 Oct 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, that's nothing new. The Tea Party has getting the blame for everything, by the media, the pResident, Democrats and the 'old guard, big government' Republicans.
And you're the perfect representative of Tea Party evasiveness. Everyone has witnessed you "hint" at this or that, and when challenged, you bat your big doe-eyes and say, "Wha? I dint say I bleeved that, I wuz jus sayin'...".

The Tea Party/You are the epitome of the proverbial man that farts and points at the dog.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#170157 Oct 15, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Quitcherbitchin....
Huh?? I'm NO dodgers fan.

#1) Rockies
#2) Twins
#3) Cards
#4) Royals
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#170158 Oct 15, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.- Usually attributed to Lincoln.
Except he never said it...or did he?
(Google search .44 seconds)
What is truth?
Truth can not stand on it accord with out Justice be serve? Those mans with reason but without/lack off moral can do what to its own nation and world in it?

If you don't learn from history , we abound to repeat it/ Sound like a curse.

Hey New Flash if you interest in an interesting stimulative Intellectual Challenging debates about politics, Socio-economics... try this thread.
Ron Paul goes Third Party - In Ron Paul thread. here Topix Link
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TDB7H8S0EBUT7CU...

United States

#170159 Oct 15, 2013
NEWS-FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy is an illusion and morality has become subjective.
Most common (middle) ground no longer exists. All things legal have become all things just.
Good post by the way!
Democracy is to manipulation as Authoritarianism is to censorship! What ever the form of governance , those in power will rarely give world masses all rights and allow us make decisions for our nation ND HOW WORLD IS RUN, as our Leaders, for good or bad , thOSE LEADERS give us world Stability and prosperity is better than not thing. U right no such thing as Real Democracy, it just an illusion, many still think Democracy give you all rights... man are fooled into believe a Democractic system is perfect cure all, on the contrary. the sheeople need to wake up
Thank U, i don't think my post is that good.:)

United States

#170160 Oct 15, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently a lot of Koreans live in L.A. What did they say last night, when Rhu's pitching, about 17,000 of them show up at the park.
What do you think Willie, does this seem like a good night to steal one from the home team?
:)
2013 World Series: Cardinals vs Red Sox
Some career critic siad RED SOX is cursed team, can you tell me what they mean by that?

BAHahhahaaa

United States

#170161 Oct 15, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do besides stalk and put down Christians and non liberals?
And the only reason you've hooked up with the wallpaper spam guy is because he's disruptive and he insults the people you want him to insult. You don't want to be buddy-buddy with the guy. You're using him. He doesn't know you're using him it but everyone with a working brain knows it.
Your MO on Topix, Catcher is to move into established forums whose titles you disagree with, put down the people in there, disrupt fluid conversations and take over with your little likeminded friends. That is what's known as being a troll and yet to YOU, it's leading a full and productive life.
To steal one from the wallpaper guy......
BHWAAAAAAAA--BWHAAAAAAAAAA
WHA?

Yes insulting your Intelligence, and you can't counter , so you run like a elephant down a rambling highway tripping over bunch of bananna, when mickey appears you do the run ! Abhahahahahaaaa FYI I'm more than Wall paper Guy, you should know that, you discernment is really Off! please don't Use Divide and conquer and separation tactic, it don't work with me, i'm up on you rightie azzes schemes...YOU ARE LAME amnd Idiotic - a world Idiot , you playing down to level of a ... ABhahahahahhaa And not a leftie! Your approach of use of " BHWAAAAAAAA is really poorly implemented , you going about it in the wrong way.

United States

#170162 Oct 15, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Our church hosted a Rabi last week, very good information. He is a Messianic Jew and it was something to learn of the painstaking work that went into the Torah long before the printing press.
Don't tell me you be starting up with Rabi(t) jokes again! ABhahahaaaa

United States

#170163 Oct 15, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd offer you a cookie but you'd probably hurt yourself on it.
You type of cookie is for little munchkins, run along little boy! ABhahahahaaa

United States

#170164 Oct 15, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you cool? And those who give you a funny and brilliant and agree too. Making fun of people in wheelchairs. Hey why don't you accuse idiot of being black, muslim or jewish that would be so coooool!
What you expect from NFl, he lowest of low, lacking and without morals, he is lover wars and guns,... he is a ignorant soldier on a mission, he don't care about human conditions, nor have empathy for not of his kind nor for his own kind ... he is so paranoid , brainwashed to serve evil mens in power that make wars..., for a just a little pendant, a star,... a Yes man!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#170165 Oct 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>And there's that word again.
Disagreement and skepticism are not hate, Chris....at least not in my book.
As for the young lady, she's one of millions of kids who are bullied every day. Suicide is a choice most bullied kids don't make...I know I didn't.
Condolences to her family, however.
Right you are, disagreement isn't hate. However you go far and beyond disagreement with Christians IMHO. When you say things like you won't give an inch, we've taken miles in a time where Chrisitans are being jailed, killed and tourted in parts of the world (no shock media wont cover it) it's way beyond meer disagreement.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#170166 Oct 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
NFL Fan hasn't shown that he's the brightest bulb around, either.
All he does is put other people down.
No substance.
Big hat, no cattle.
But hey, if he's your bud....
What a joke, thanks for the laugh 'dude'. Do libs ever do as they preach? Ever?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170167 Oct 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text> When you say things like you won't give an inch, we've taken miles in a time where Chrisitans are being jailed, killed and tourted in parts of the world (no shock media wont cover it) it's way beyond meer disagreement.
Maybe Christians need a new tactic by going back to their beginning. This piece was recently published. See what you think.
===
As the “who’s in and who’s out” debate -- recently criticized by Pope Francis -- storms on within the church, many voices declare that all would be well in America if we could just return to “conservative Christian biblical values.”
But they’re fighting the wrong battle. In fact, they might actually be a part of the problem, not the solution.
Jesus isn’t after restoring America as “Christian” or getting back to the good ol' days.(Side note, by the way: it really bothers me when people say they want to get back to the “good ol' days,” as if white people owning black people as property and women being seen as second class citizens was somehow “good”.)
When you read Acts, the story of the early Church, you see that Christians had zero governmental power and never pushed political agendas.
The “if only” mentality is everywhere.
“If only we could go back to when Christians were the majority.”“If only we could go back to when gay marriage was illegal.”
The problem I have with this “if only” mindset is, Jesus never spoke of such a thing. Never once do I read the New Testament and see Jesus saying,“You know what would be nice, Peter? If you get a bunch of people to get prayer into public schools!”
In fact, it’s almost as if Jesus assumed that the normal societal powers would dislike his followers because the usual tools of the state (manipulation, fear, coercion, even death) seemed peculiarly ineffective against the disciples.
“Christian” literally means “little Christ.” So, if we say we are a Christian, we are to be a little Jesus -- attempting to emulate his behavior and language. That means if we want to bring about change in our cities, schools, etc., we need to look at how he did it.
Did he say,“Let’s make sure the 10 Commandments stay in the courthouse!”
Or…
“Man, if only they stopped saying 'happy holidays' and really stood firm on 'Merry Christmas,' the world would be a better place.”
No.
When you read Acts, the story of the early Church, you see that Christians had zero governmental power and never pushed political agendas. In fact, they were even seen as enemies of the state in some regions.
The Roman Empire didn’t like this group of people who worshipped an executed Jewish rabbi. They were the rejects, the mess ups, the marginalized, and the broken.
No one looked at the first Christians and thought,“Oh yeah, they are definitely going to change the world!”
But they did. They turned it upside down.
The question is, how?
I’d argue by the power of forgiveness, reconciliation, and sacrificial love.
Well, take gay marriage for example. How about instead of trying to legislate morality and do everything in your power to vote gay marriage down, you walk across the street and invite Chuck, your gay neighbor, over for dinner?
Ask him how you can serve him. Ask him how he’s been hurt by certain ways of thinking. Ask him how you might be a good neighbor to him.
Because let’s be honest, the tides are changing and we are no longer the moral majority, but rather the prophetic minority. And personally I’d like to be known as the minority that shows love in such a way it turns the world upside down.
If the “religious” people of the day are spewing the same charge against us as they did in Acts 17 (see below), then we are probably doing something right.
“These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also [….] and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.” Acts 17:6
==
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170168 Oct 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
And the American voters. You forgot the voters. They blame the TP too.

This shutdown needs to end. An agreement needs to be reached and the Tea Party has to accept the fact that they're not going to get anything close to what they wanted. Bandage up your hands from pressing down on the hot stove, take the offer of free milk and cookies served to House members on Tuesdays, sign on the dotted line and stop this charade. It's done too much damage already and the GOP has lost valuable opportunities to point at the excruciatingly embarrassing trainwreck called Obamacare chugging over the horizen and reminding the public it's all the democrats fault the thing even exists. Make the dems pay for that blunder. And do it now. Pull the trigger when you have a target.
Keep pointing at Obamacare and keep blaming the democrats.
Rinse and repeat.
And DON'T sing Amazing Grace while you're doing it!

Location hidden

#170169 Oct 16, 2013
George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, and Vladimir Putin all die and go to hell.

While there, they spy a red phone and ask what the phone is for.

The devil tells them it is for calling back to Earth.

Putin asks to call Russia and talks for 5 minutes. When he is finished, the devil informs him that the cost is a million dollars, so Putin writes him a check.

Next Queen Elizabeth calls England and talks for 30 minutes. When she is finished, the devil informs her that the cost is 6 million dollars, so she writes him a check.

Finally, George Bush gets his turn and talks for 4 hours. When he is finished, the devil informs him that the cost is $5.00.

When Putin hears this he goes ballistic, and asks the devil why Bush got to call the USA so cheaply.

The devil smiles and replies, "Since obama took over, the country has gone to hell, so it's a local call."

Location hidden

#170170 Oct 16, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
And the American voters. You forgot the voters. They blame the TP too.
The voters blame their elected Tea Party representatives for doing what the voters sent them to Washington to do... and you think that's a bad thing?
Lyndi wrote:
This shutdown needs to end. An agreement needs to be reached and the Tea Party has to accept the fact that they're not going to get anything close to what they wanted.
Has anybody gotten what they want? I didn't realize there was a settlement? Did more 'old guard, big government Republicants surrender to obama and Harry Reid, completely ignoring the promises they made to their constituents?
Lyndi wrote:
Bandage up your hands from pressing down on the hot stove, take the offer of free milk and cookies served to House members on Tuesdays, sign on the dotted line and stop this charade. It's done too much damage already and the GOP has lost valuable opportunities to point at the excruciatingly embarrassing trainwreck called Obamacare chugging over the horizen and reminding the public it's all the democrats fault the thing even exists. Make the dems pay for that blunder. And do it now. Pull the trigger when you have a target.
Keep pointing at Obamacare and keep blaming the democrats.
Rinse and repeat.
You have a lot more faith in obama's stenographers than I do. They're not going to report things that hurt this regime, they'll find a way to spin it in his favor... just like they're reporting the obama shutdown, and blaming Republicans.
Lyndi wrote:
And DON'T sing Amazing Grace while you're doing it!
The Tea Party aren't going to be the ones singing 'Amazing Grace', that would be Republicans.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#170171 Oct 16, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
The voters blame their elected Tea Party representatives for doing what the voters sent them to Washington to do... and you think that's a bad thing?
<quoted text>
Has anybody gotten what they want? I didn't realize there was a settlement? Did more 'old guard, big government Republicants surrender to obama and Harry Reid, completely ignoring the promises they made to their constituents?
<quoted text>
You have a lot more faith in obama's stenographers than I do. They're not going to report things that hurt this regime, they'll find a way to spin it in his favor... just like they're reporting the obama shutdown, and blaming Republicans.
<quoted text>
The Tea Party aren't going to be the ones singing 'Amazing Grace', that would be Republicans.
You can't keep poking holes in the frigging ship, bobin and not take responsibility for sinking it. Cruz and his pals are about an inch from being hurled into the sea, frantically waving their arms for rescue and you'll still be telling me that is what they promised their constituents.
You'll have to pardon me for a minute while I ROTF and laugh my head off.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170172 Oct 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Right you are, disagreement isn't hate. However you go far and beyond disagreement with Christians IMHO. When you say things like you won't give an inch, we've taken miles in a time where Chrisitans are being jailed, killed and tourted in parts of the world (no shock media wont cover it) it's way beyond meer disagreement.
When you say things like 'Christians are being jailed in parts of the world', as if Christians are the ONLY ones being jailed, you go far and beyond the limits of profound mental impairment. In this 'part of the world' it's not Christians who face jail for holding their faith...it's everyone else, against whom Christians are attempting to legislate so-called Christian morality...which is pretty friggin' far from Christ's.

JMHO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min BenAdam 831,206
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min drShrink 40,246
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 3,710
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 586,273
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 11 min bafoofkit 70,154
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Remnant of 144000 611,959
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min bafoofkit 121,740
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min Paul Porter1 99,356
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr karl44 442,985
More from around the web