<quoted text>Matthew 23:28
Farfugnuggen 69:77

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170133 Oct 15, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
During the LA-StL game yesterday, a translator had to be brought out to the mound along with the coach to talk to the Korean pitcher, Ryu.
Things must be pretty desperate, when a team has to field a player
before the player gets a chance to study Rosetta Stone so he can
at least learn the basics of our language.
My Cardinals were looking pretty desperate yesterday, but at 14-8 this season Ryu's good enough to pitch in the major leagues.

According to the TBS announcers last night, the Dodgers do better at the box office when he pitches.

Quitcherbitchin....

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170134 Oct 15, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>i think it can do much good, much evil. Saw a few postings on those that bully. So in Lakeland a short time back a 13 year old girl killed herself after cowards bulled her. Two were arrested as of today. The net is what people make of it. It does show me we as a society are going backward, just as the bible you hate says we will
And there's that word again.
Disagreement and skepticism are not hate, Chris....at least not in my book.

As for the young lady, she's one of millions of kids who are bullied every day. Suicide is a choice most bullied kids don't make...I know I didn't.

Condolences to her family, however.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#170135 Oct 15, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah! Yer panties are not only in a bunch, but yer girdle is on backwards and pulled tight over yer eyeballs.
You may be Perry Mason in Long Beach (more like mr ambulance chaser), but in here yer just a loser, a worthless troll (1 of 3). Lousy a$$pipe!
Enjoy:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Adding his voice to the eleventh-hour debate about the government shutdown, Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) today proposed reopening just enough of the government to hold new hearings on Benghazi.

“Across this great nation of ours, people are suffering,” he told Fox News’s Megyn Kelly.“Suffering, Megyn, because they still don’t know what really happened in Benghazi.”

Noting that the government shutdown had furloughed investigators who could be looking into Benghazi, he said,“If there’s something in our government more worthy of funding than that, I can’t think of it.”

Senator Paul said he knew that he would draw the ire of fellow Republicans by suggesting that the government be partially reopened, but added,“Sometimes, you have to put politics aside when there is something more important at stake, and I think any reasonable person would agree that there is nothing more important than getting to the bottom of Benghazi.”

“For the two weeks of this shutdown, the American people have had no new information about Benghazi,” he said.“It’s time to stop the madness.”

Location hidden

#170136 Oct 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Twerking's the thing nowadays.
Can you do it?
Sure, if I get hold of the business end of a taser....
:)

Location hidden

#170137 Oct 15, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
The T-party never made any bones about their intentions, slam the brakes on an ever expanding federal government. It's what they've run on since day one. I never understood the taunts of calling them the 'Party of No', since that was exactly what they were hired to be. Are they supposed to be offended? I find it amusing that the "statesmen" from both parties that have literally broken this country's back now try to use them as the scapegoat. Sorry assed polital hacks.
Scapegoats they are not - as you said, they never made any bones about their intentions.

Now they've got what they wanted....and they're crying foul because they also got what they didn't want: the blame.

I hope they have a bunch of full Kleenex boxes on hand for the crocodile tears.
wow

Mount Vernon, OH

#170138 Oct 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Adding his voice to the eleventh-hour debate about the government shutdown, Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) today proposed reopening just enough of the government to hold new hearings on Benghazi.
“Across this great nation of ours, people are suffering,” he told Fox News’s Megyn Kelly.“Suffering, Megyn, because they still don’t know what really happened in Benghazi.”
Noting that the government shutdown had furloughed investigators who could be looking into Benghazi, he said,“If there’s something in our government more worthy of funding than that, I can’t think of it.”
Senator Paul said he knew that he would draw the ire of fellow Republicans by suggesting that the government be partially reopened, but added,“Sometimes, you have to put politics aside when there is something more important at stake, and I think any reasonable person would agree that there is nothing more important than getting to the bottom of Benghazi.”
“For the two weeks of this shutdown, the American people have had no new information about Benghazi,” he said.“It’s time to stop the madness.”
I think he is nuts.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#170139 Oct 15, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Scapegoats they are not - as you said, they never made any bones about their intentions.
Now they've got what they wanted....and they're crying foul because they also got what they didn't want: the blame.
Oh I highly doubt this is what they wanted......

I think they wanted government scaled back not shut down......
Lost In Transition

United States

#170140 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>Scapegoats they are not - as you said, they never made any bones about their intentions.
Tears? Now you're as naive as the goofs calling them the Party of No. The T-party will wear what they're doing as a badge. When a deal is eventually made the hardliners will be hold-outs to the very end. And beyond. They are in their element, and will ride the notoriety to hell or high water.
Tears? Pfft.

Location hidden

#170141 Oct 15, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I highly doubt this is what they wanted......
I think they wanted government scaled back not shut down......
You MUST be high.

Of course they wanted to scale it back: to the size where it could be comfortably drowned in a bathtub.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#170142 Oct 15, 2013
UDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> Too much ugly US war history, that is whitewashed many controversial and extremely sensitive topixs from school books... and for a reason and it up to to us all to do heavy research , as you just touched tip of the iceberg! Paradoxical ironic, why those in power want our US education system to Stay in the dark , and for very good reasons. Hooray for you to bring it up , let hope our poster The NFL fan ... learn something from dark history of US Empire not so beautiful beginnings! You remind me of someone .:)
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.- Usually attributed to Lincoln.

Except he never said it...or did he?
(Google search .44 seconds)

What is truth?

Location hidden

#170143 Oct 15, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Tears? Now you're as naive as the goofs calling them the Party of No. The T-party will wear what they're doing as a badge. When a deal is eventually made the hardliners will be hold-outs to the very end. And beyond. They are in their element, and will ride the notoriety to hell or high water.
Tears? Pfft.
You must have missed the 'crocodile' part. These guys aren't just playing to one audience member...some of the folks who vote, enjoy tears. Whatever works - they're lawyers and politicians, not humanitarians and healers.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#170144 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>You MUST be high.
Of course they wanted to scale it back: to the size where it could be comfortably drowned in a bathtub.
Hmmm, I think your the one whose been smokin......

Did they want it shut down?

All I said was they wanted it scaled back and you apparently agree with me..........Are we both high?

By the way the debt is going down. First time in over a decade probably........

Location hidden

#170145 Oct 15, 2013
UDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> Some homeschooling is good for all, and even Adults, the dare factor? A Course on critical reasoning skills and also learn how to question everything and everyone , even question those in power motives..., and even search down to hidden nooks and crannies ...

If democracy is to stand ...,

so is it time to teach a new generation to be more ethical and hold responsibilities for there actions and to be more empathic to humanities needs, and be social-economically responsibilities

and understand financial and human ethics and morality... hmmmm!

BAhahhhahahaahh i don't think we all going in the right path, as psychopaths are in our mist and in power that controls your every moves ... paradoxically ironic! laugh or cry? U all now me BAhahhahaaaaaa Have discussion with young and old! Education is the key!

Sorry , i sound to overly philosophical .
Democracy is an illusion and morality has become subjective.
Most common (middle) ground no longer exists. All things legal have become all things just.

Good post by the way!

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#170146 Oct 15, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
During the LA-StL game yesterday, a translator had to be brought out to the mound along with the coach to talk to the Korean pitcher, Ryu.
Things must be pretty desperate, when a team has to field a player
before the player gets a chance to study Rosetta Stone so he can
at least learn the basics of our language.
The Texas Rangers have a Pitcher from Japan, Yu Darvish, that requires having a translator. When he got here, he couldn't speak a word of English. He's learning English quickly, and can converse with team mates, but the translator is still on hand just so there is no confusion during critical situations.

He's one heck of a pitcher, and it would be nice if his team mates would produce some runs when he's pitching.

Location hidden

#170147 Oct 15, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>My Cardinals were looking pretty desperate yesterday, but at 14-8 this season Ryu's good enough to pitch in the major leagues.
According to the TBS announcers last night, the Dodgers do better at the box office when he pitches.
Quitcherbitchin....
Apparently a lot of Koreans live in L.A. What did they say last night, when Rhu's pitching, about 17,000 of them show up at the park.

What do you think Willie, does this seem like a good night to steal one from the home team?
:)

2013 World Series: Cardinals vs Red Sox

Location hidden

#170148 Oct 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>“For the two weeks of this shutdown, the American people have had no new information about Benghazi,” he said.“It’s time to stop the madness.”
And what was the administration's excuse for no new information for the 13 months before the shutdown.

Location hidden

#170149 Oct 15, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
“I sit here all day trying to persuade people to do the things they ought to have sense enough to do without my persuading them,” Harry Truman once lamented.
"Communism is based on the belief that man is so weak and inadequate that he is unable to govern himself, and therefore requires the rule of strong masters.

Democracy is based on the conviction that man has the moral and intellectual capacity, as well as the inalienable right, to govern himself with reason and justice." - also Truman

60 years ago these quotes meant something, they resonated with society. Today the words have lost their true meaning and have been redefined.

"Sense Enough", "Conviction", "Moral", "Intellectual Capacity", "Reason" and finally "Justice"

60 short years ago...

Location hidden

#170150 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, lies were a whole lot easier to cover up, back then. The internet has gone a long way toward revealing hypocrisy, untruths, conundrums of biblical proportions, and the cooperative spirit. Ain't that about a bitch?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/14/1247...
And yet the current Administration seems unscathed by it.

Location hidden

#170151 Oct 15, 2013
Heck, that's nothing new. The Tea Party has getting the blame for everything, by the media, the pResident, Democrats and the 'old guard, big government' Republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 585,840
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 830,492
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Rick in Kansas 270,836
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 8 min Rio VonWulf 189
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min waaasssuuup 611,947
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 25 min Student 40,225
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min Rick in Kansas 99,272
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 39 min Neelakaran 6,404
More from around the web