Bush is a hero
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#170183 Oct 16, 2013
Henry Coswell, 1839 Amusing Ourselves to Death, Neil …
Religious mania is said to be the prevailing form of insanity in the United States.

United States

#170184 Oct 16, 2013
Mark Hertzgaard, The Eagle’s Shadow, p129

Calvinism [Protestantism} put an extra twist on Americans' pursuit of wealth, for it prescribed hard work for everyone and held that an unquestioning faith in God—rather than good works—was the only path to salvation. The possession of riches was a sign that God favored a given individual, just as a person's poverty signaled God's disapproval

United States

#170185 Oct 16, 2013
Under the Banner if Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith, by John Krakauer
k
This, after all, is a country [US] led by a born-again Christian [Bush]... who characterizes international relations as a biblical clash between forces of good and evil. The highest law officer in the land, Attorney General John Ashcroft, is a dyed-in-the-wool follower of a fundamentalist Christian sect—the Pentecostal Assemblies of God of America—... and subscribes to a vividly apocalyptic worldview that has much in common with key millenarian beliefs held by the Lafferty brothers and the residents of Colorado City.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170186 Oct 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Could you put a few more smears and outright lies in this post? As others have said on the law, its the law deal with it. Or do your best to change it. Since a good part of this nation has said since day one the aca would do little to nothing to help people with out health insurance get better coverage and early results posted in this forum seem to bear that out you got nothing on those that want to defund it. I know of things the news won't cover in part becuase we are part of two world missions projects btw. And unlike Hip that seems to think Christians being hurt in other parts of the world is a joke I never once said any Christian in this nation has any threat of it. I do think its valid to speak of worldwide events as we have a potus that thinks he is the worlds potus. I would guess that's why he campaigned in foreign nations before he was elected in 08.
Was Romney "campaign[ing] in foreign nations" when he traveled to Europe before he lost the last election, Chris?

United States

#170187 Oct 16, 2013
Evangelicals for Nuclear War, by Larry Jones,
CAQ 1991
Covert Action, edited by Ellen Ray and William H. Schaap, 2003, p23

Member organizations of the NRB [National Religious Broadcasters] control 90 percent of all religious broadcasting in the United States, and some 80 percent of religious broadcasting worldwide.

United States

#170188 Oct 16, 2013
George Soros
New York Post, Nov 11, 2003

"America, under Bush, is a danger to the world ... Bush feels that on September 11th he was anointed by God. He's leading the U.S. and the world toward a vicious circle of escalating violence.

United States

#170189 Oct 16, 2013
Attorney General John Ashcroft,
made these remarks in front of a group of Christian broadcasters.

Peter McLaren,
Masters of War, ed Carl Boggs, p180
"
If America is to be great in the future, it will be if we understand that our source is not civic and temporal, but our source is godly and eternal.

Civilized people—Muslims, Christians and Jews— all understand that the source of freedom and human dignity is the Creator.

Civilized people of all religious faiths are called to the defense of His creation. We are a nation called to defend freedom—a freedom that is not the grant of any government or document, but is our endowment from God.

Note Religion and Politics should not mix, giving a dangerous element ImplosiveMix fuel various wars at home and abroad.

United States

#170190 Oct 16, 2013
And The final coffin nailed for your nutty religious believing fruitcakes! Bahahhahaaa

James Madison,
Superpatriotism, Michael Parenti, p55

Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind, and unfits it for every noble enterprise, every expanded prospect.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

United States

#170191 Oct 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What does the fact that a formerly Muslim Christian pastor sits in jail in Iran have to do with ANYTHING going on in the United States today?
Ask his wife and children, they live in Idaho and he is a US citizen. But my bigger point is the same spirit that causes sister to take cdl drug laws and use it as an opportunity to bash Christians lives in the people in Iran that want to kill this pastor. Btw anyone here think it a good idea to have a truck driver in command of up to 80,000 lbs stones as he rolls down the road?

United States

#170192 Oct 16, 2013
William Rehnquist, chief justice of the Supreme Court, 2004
Superpatriotism, Michael Parenti, p61
"
The 'wall of separation between church and state'... should be frankly and explicitly abandoned.

United States

#170193 Oct 16, 2013
VOLTAIRE (Francois-Marie Arouet)(1694-1778) French philosopher
Letters To Frederick the Great, January 5, 1767
The Great Thoughts, compiled by George Seldes

A wise and courageous prince, with money, troops, and laws, can perfectly well govern men without the aid of religion, which was made only to deceive them; but the stupid people would soon make one for themselves, and as long as there are fools and rascals there will be religions.

United States

#170194 Oct 16, 2013
No wonder our US in such bad shape - morality, as religion and Politics should not mix giving it explosiue mix, the wars.

Bill Moyers, Blind Faith, InThese Times magazine, February 2005, p23

Nearly half of the members of Congress are backed by the religious right. Forty-five senators and 186 members of the 108th Congress earned 80 to 100 percent approval ratings from the three most influential[Christian-right advocacy groups.

United States

#170195 Oct 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Ask his wife and children, they live in Idaho and he is a US citizen. But my bigger point is the same spirit that causes sister to take cdl drug laws and use it as an opportunity to bash Christians lives in the people in Iran that want to kill this pastor. Btw anyone here think it a good idea to have a truck driver in command of up to 80,000 lbs stones as he rolls down the road?
Our US govt in power, and its US right wing christian coalition does Not care for other country(s) Christians but instead our US arms rebels to kill Christians of other nations , the only thing our US care about is US militaristic Neo-imperailism. Some of you are ignorant! Sad, read more Religious fruitcakes! BAbhahhaaa

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170196 Oct 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Could you put a few more smears and outright lies in this post? As others have said on the law, its the law deal with it. Or do your best to change it. Since a good part of this nation has said since day one the aca would do little to nothing to help people with out health insurance get better coverage and early results posted in this forum seem to bear that out you got nothing on those that want to defund it. I know of things the news won't cover in part becuase we are part of two world missions projects btw. And unlike Hip that seems to think Christians being hurt in other parts of the world is a joke I never once said any Christian in this nation has any threat of it. I do think its valid to speak of worldwide events as we have a potus that thinks he is the worlds potus. I would guess that's why he campaigned in foreign nations before he was elected in 08.
Um...ok. I do think it's valid that a good part of this nation is BEING helped out by the implementation of the ACA...it is only those who are unwillingly HELPING THEM OUT, who have a problem with it.

What would Jesus do?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#170197 Oct 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Ask his wife and children, they live in Idaho and he is a US citizen. But my bigger point is the same spirit that causes sister to take cdl drug laws and use it as an opportunity to bash Christians lives in the people in Iran that want to kill this pastor. Btw anyone here think it a good idea to have a truck driver in command of up to 80,000 lbs stones as he rolls down the road?
Are you seriously trying to compare SKL's post about drug laws with the jailing of a pastor in Iran?

She said nothing about CDLs, only that the guy was a trucker. Nobody said anything about him driving down the road stoned.

That's not the same spirit, Chris. Not even close. You're exaggerating way out of proportion here.

Matthew 10:16-23 tells us of the likelihood of persecution, Chris, but it doesn't tell us to look for it in everyone who disagrees with us.

United States

#170198 Oct 16, 2013

Welcome back Local boy! I would say we missing few others, hopefully others rejoins , more merrier.

As both you discussing about whether it is "Spontaneose Order" or ' Unintentional Consequences' on part of those in power , if you both add word "Corporatism " into the debate, you find it 'Criminal negligence ' the correct wording is " Contrived Planning." Look to Gramm-Leech-bliley Act - an ugly (Illegal/immoral) piece of Legislative Act in US history that destroy the Glass_steagal Act , implemented by crooked Bi-partisanshop-of-horror agenda! Any more agrument from both of you?

United States

#170199 Oct 16, 2013
Yikes! sorry all, strike the last post, wrong thread input. ;)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#170200 Oct 16, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:

My point wasn't CDL laws, but that he was an otherwise contributing member of society. If he'd been a pharmaceutical salesman, would he be getting a pass from you?

What if he was Navajo, and the smoke was part of his religious ceremonies? Would that have made a difference?

He is doing prison time because Republican Jesus preaches prison privatization, penalties over rehab,'defunding' of anything benefitting the poor, the sick, the infirm, and those in pain...not to mention the hour-by-hour sermon on the blessings of the Almighty....dollar, that is.

If Jesus was asked "Is healthcare a privilege or a right?" what would he say, Chris?

United States

#170201 Oct 16, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you seriously trying to compare SKL's post about drug laws with the jailing of a pastor in Iran?
She said nothing about CDLs, only that the guy was a trucker. Nobody said anything about him driving down the road stoned.
That's not the same spirit, Chris. Not even close. You're exaggerating way out of proportion here.
Matthew 10:16-23 tells us of the likelihood of persecution, Chris, but it doesn't tell us to look for it in everyone who disagrees with us.
if this was rare with her I'd agree. It's not. Even in postings having nothing at all to do with faith she often bashes Christ. Do I think she will start killing Christians? Of course not. We can agree to disagree.

United States

#170202 Oct 16, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Um...ok. I do think it's valid that a good part of this nation is BEING helped out by the implementation of the ACA...it is only those who are unwillingly HELPING THEM OUT, who have a problem with it.
What would Jesus do?
Take politics out of it. So I do wonder if in the future if someone making a decision on me will have information about what I support, don't support? I'm sure that the IRS will turn over a new leaf and everyone will be treated equally. And a money tree will pop up in my yard ):

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,216
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hukt on Fonix 983,249
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Mirrormirorwall 683,921
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min lil whispers 619,706
That's all your good for God!!! 1 hr doG mnDaed lHyo i... 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,420
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr RottenR3d 46,266
More from around the web