lisw

Georgetown, OH

#169970 Oct 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to be sick of this "we know better" bs and be pro life at the same time, Chris.
Think about it.
There is absolutely no problem with believing that with responsibility comes freedom.
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#169971 Oct 13, 2013
Think about it.
UIDIOTRACENAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#169972 Oct 13, 2013
World Bank President Warns Washington Default Would Be 'Disastrous'

Debt ceiling clock ticks away as talks to end deadlock over government shutdown decrease.
ABC News Videos
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#169973 Oct 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Clearwater is a martyr. He lives for the opportunity to say "I hope this doesn't happen, but....when it does, I tol-jer."
It's his gig, he plays it well.
Never try to beat a man at his own game.
(That one was for free.)
Omg how you pander.

United States

#169974 Oct 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>There is absolutely no problem with believing that with responsibility comes freedom.
Oh yea , they give Progeny FReeDOOM! BAHAHAHAHAaa

United States

#169975 Oct 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
Think about it.
Rethink time for you and masses of sheeeeoples! A BHAHAHahaa

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169976 Oct 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>There is absolutely no problem with believing that with responsibility comes freedom.
And there is absolutely a problem, when legislators believe that men's freedom depends on women having responsibility for pregnancy.

If all potential parties to a pregnancy were held equally responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancy, we wouldn't have this problem...but because women get pregnant, and men don't, pregnancy has devolved into a 'woman's problem', and therefore a 'woman's responsibility'.

I call bullshit.

Women may claim the same freedom to accept or decline gestation, as we have to accept or decline sexual congress with men.

If men want a uterus to control, let them get their own. I retain responsibility for mine, and am prepared to exercise that responsibility as I see fit.

(Not as YOU see fit...whoever 'you' may be.)

Get it?

JMO

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169977 Oct 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Omg how you pander.
Pander to what?

The expectation that you'll pop up to randomly chastise me?

I guess if that's what I was after, I sho 'nuff got it...

Next...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169978 Oct 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
I refuse to engage in a pro choice/pro life debate on this forum, lis out of respect to the primary topic of the forum because I know how fast a forum can deteriorate but having said that, I can still insist that one cannot claim outrage against people who "know better" and be pro life.
The pro life movement is comprised ONLY of people who "know better" than the individual girl or woman who is pregnant and that is indisputable. WHY they think they know better... for example your belief that with responsibility comes freedom, is irrelevant to my point.

I absolutely defend anyones right to be pro life and would fight to protect that right but they don't get to be sick of people who know better and then claim to know better at the same time.
It doesn't work that way.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169979 Oct 14, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course McCain was right, and he and 24 other 'old guard, big government' Republicans voted with the Democrat majority to make it so. Too bad that's not what he promised AZ voters when he was seeking re-election.
So you keep saying....
You have yet to provide proof that McCain and the 24 others promised their constituents that they would contine to fight Obamcare at all costs and at the risk of:
shutting down the government indefinately, facing a possible default, impede any chance to try and delay Obamcare which had a far better chance of success than defunding it, alarm the world with this showdown at the DC corral, further harm already struggling American families and further damage a tepid and stuggling economy.

Show me THAT promise and you'll have a leg to stand on.
==

When senators take the oath of office to solemnly swear that they will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that they will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that automatically trumps any promise they made to handfuls of consituents in their respective states.
Whether you or I like the fact that the ACA has been declared constitutional by SCOTUS is of no relevance; we must abide by it unless and until we can through the proper legislative channels and exercises, work to repeal it.

In summary bobin, all McCain and the other 24 senators did when who voted for cloture was to get on with governing and the day to day operations and obligations of the United States. They did not resign themselves to the ACA as a permanent fact of American life, nor did they abandon their responsibilites to the people for one issue. They simply agreed to set it aside for another time and allow the US to function on all cylinders without delay, with the full understanding that they are still a minority in the senate who need to work with a president of the opposing party on a multitude of issues for another 3 years.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169980 Oct 14, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Lyndi, has John McCain been giving inspirational talks to your Red Sox?
"We can't win".
Boston is sure making it tough on themselves to get into the World Series.
yuk tuk yuk
EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE me?
Detroit 5
Boston 6

My Big Papi to the rescue with a grand slam to the MOON!

In politics as in sports, bobin, it ain't over til it's over.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169981 Oct 14, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Lyndi, has John McCain been giving inspirational talks to your Red Sox?
"We can't win".
Boston is sure making it tough on themselves to get into the World Series.
I gave up on the game in after the sixth too.

Lafayette IN

#169982 Oct 14, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
yuk tuk yuk
EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE me?
Detroit 5
Boston 6
My Big Papi to the rescue with a grand slam to the MOON!
In politics as in sports, bobin, it ain't over til it's over.
Uhhhhh ... no, Your Big Papi hit a single that drove in the winning run; Ortiz hit the grand slam.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169983 Oct 14, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I gave up on the game in after the sixth too.
tsk tsk

HOW could you give up knowing Big Papi was going to pick up a bat?
The only thing Ortiz forgot to do was point to the moon before he whacked it to the moon!

Whee!

Lafayette IN

#169985 Oct 14, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
tsk tsk
HOW could you give up knowing Big Papi was going to pick up a bat?
The only thing Ortiz forgot to do was point to the moon before he whacked it to the moon!
Whee!
I'm a little more concerned about the baseball to be played over the next three (hopefully only two) days on the other coast, and I'd watched enough football earlier to reach sports burnout.

It would be interesting to see the Boston lineup get Wacha'd, though.

;-)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169986 Oct 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, your god hasn't ever made an appearance, not even during the worst episodes in human history.
The chances he/she will show up now are less than zero, if that's possible.
You don't have a prayer.
But keep dreaming.
Being Christian, he probably has more than one prayer at his disposal and last I knew he still has the freedom to his religious beliefs in this country. How about you keep your persecution of Christians on the religious forums and back the hell off Chris's beliefs on this one.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#169987 Oct 14, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Being Christian, he probably has more than one prayer at his disposal and last I knew he still has the freedom to his religious beliefs in this country. How about you keep your persecution of Christians on the religious forums and back the hell off Chris's beliefs on this one.
Whee.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169988 Oct 14, 2013
Barack Obama was visiting a fourth grade class at a primary school in North Carolina.
They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings, when the teacher asked the president if he would lead the discussion on the word tragedy.
So our illustrious president asked the class for an example of a tragedy.
One boy stood and offered:“If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs him over and kills him, that would be a tragedy.”
“No,” said Obama,“that would be an accident.”

A little girl raised her hand:“If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing everyone, that would be a tragedy.”
“I’m afraid not,” explained Obama.“That’s what we would call a great loss.”

The room went silent. No other child volunteered. Obama searched the room.“Isn’t there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?”

Finally at the back of the room, Little Johnny raised his hand.

In a quiet voice he said:“If the plane carrying you and Mrs. Obama was struck by a ‘friendly fire’ missile and blown to smithereens that would be a tragedy.”

“Fantastic!” exclaimed Obama.“That’s right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?”

“Well,” says Johnny,“It has to be a tragedy, because it sure as he$$ wouldn’t be a great loss… and you can bet your a## it wouldn’t be an accident either!”
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#169989 Oct 14, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to engage in a pro choice/pro life debate on this forum, lis out of respect to the primary topic of the forum because I know how fast a forum can deteriorate but having said that, I can still insist that one cannot claim outrage against people who "know better" and be pro life.
The pro life movement is comprised ONLY of people who "know better" than the individual girl or woman who is pregnant and that is indisputable. WHY they think they know better... for example your belief that with responsibility comes freedom, is irrelevant to my point.
I absolutely defend anyones right to be pro life and would fight to protect that right but they don't get to be sick of people who know better and then claim to know better at the same time.
It doesn't work that way.
I'm not trying to engage you in anything Lyndi. It is you who said Chris cannot have it both ways. Was that a tickle and a punch? I'm saying he sees both ways imo as "responsibility equals freedom."
Not everything is about you Lyndi. I have to admit you have become quite self absorbed. I always liked your posts for their brightness whether I agreed or not, but something is going on, that I don't quite get.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169990 Oct 14, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not trying to engage you in anything Lyndi. It is you who said Chris cannot have it both ways. Was that a tickle and a punch? I'm saying he sees both ways imo as "responsibility equals freedom."
Not everything is about you Lyndi. I have to admit you have become quite self absorbed. I always liked your posts for their brightness whether I agreed or not, but something is going on, that I don't quite get.
One more time.
The pro life positon is thinking one knows what's best for every pregnant woman. Many pro lifers will go as far as saying it's best that the mother should die in childbirth rather than ever terminate a pregnancy.
Explain to me how one can claim to be sick of people who think they know better then do a flip and say you agree with those who stand with signs in front of a facility that perform abortions telling women who are trying to enter to not go in and listen to them because, THEY KNOW BETTER.
How can anyone make that initial claim and not be a hypocrite when they try and force women to do it their way?

==
As far as the rest of your post is concerned, I can't help you. I post the way I post and you're welcome to skip my posts, or analyze them or find them less appealing than you used to or rate them or diagnose them or report them or mark them up with little nuts icons or whatever you feel like doing. I do what I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min eyeful 605,049
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Hukt on Fonix 775,626
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Oxbow 559,636
What country has the best culture in your opinion? (Jul '08) 36 min Confused 251
Gay snapchat names 40 min Pittspens71 150
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 58 min Rick in Kansas 265,185
21 Dead Babies Found on Riverbank in China (Mar '10) 1 hr McGold 661
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web