Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169957 Oct 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Just about every time I vote its usually for the Republican unless its a Dem that is pro life (rare). But I'm sick of this we know better bs.

You don't get to be sick of this "we know better" bs and be pro life at the same time, Chris.

Think about it.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169958 Oct 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Thats cool, I've been called worse. If you ask me we need to see a bit more emotion and I'm good btw. Not angry nor depressed, just fired up.
That's nice.
==
Regarding the bulk of my post....
You have a habit of just skipping over facts presented to you and you do it so often I've come to the conclusion that when facts oppose the way you want things to be, you just ignore them. Doesn't that make acquiring new information kind of hard?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#169959 Oct 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what you mean. What I want isn't going to happen, I doubt ever again in this nation unless God Himself steps in. In my opinion what's set to happen has been building for quite a few generations. Washington players that for years have been bringing the pork home, kicking the can of who pays till the 12th of never and we are at the end of that road. This for sure is something that while Obama hasn't made better countless before him have a part. It just might be this farce of aca might push it all over. Strategy? How about the countless times I've posted we shouldn't overspend as a nation just to start? I'll keep doing all I know to do, provide for my family, be a leader in my church and community, vote and help where I can. I really don't think any good is going to come out of government no matter who is elected.
Dude, your god hasn't ever made an appearance, not even during the worst episodes in human history.

The chances he/she will show up now are less than zero, if that's possible.

You don't have a prayer.

But keep dreaming.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169960 Oct 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>McCain was right. Cruz and his 'fools errand' didn't accomplish the defunding of Obamacare, nor did it didn't get Obamacare repealed and nor did it get Obamacare delayed. What it did accomplish though was a government shutdown and we're back to 'but for.' But for Ted Cruz, the government would not have shut down and the pentagon and WH would not have had the opportunity to suspended the gratuity checks to families of the fallen. Follow the sequence of events in reverse and voila, it'll bring you right back to Ted Cruz.
Of course McCain was right, and he and 24 other 'old guard, big government' Republicans voted with the Democrat majority to make it so. Too bad that's not what he promised AZ voters when he was seeking re-election.
Lyndi wrote:
It's curious to me, almost amusing, how Tea Party supporters are all revved up over some guy who made a scene, picked a fight with the WH, picked a fight with his republican counterparts who've been battling the implematation of ACA long before he ever showed up at the dance, it failed and he's spinning it to blame those who told him his plan was doomed from the outset.
Are you referring to the Senate Democrats, obama or the 'old guard, big government' Republicans?
Lyndi wrote:
"If you don't support Ted Cruz, you aren't a real republican."
I disagree completely, they are 'real' Republicans, the 'old guard, big government' type of 'real' Republicans. The kind of Republicans that I would be very happy to see get replaced.
Lyndi wrote:
"Um, nooooooo. I don't support Ted Cruz because he had a really stupid plan and it harmed the nation."
Continued overspending and obamacare, the stuff that the 'old guard, big government' type of 'real' Republicans support, will harm the nation, not Ted Cruz. But, you go right ahead and keep pointing your finger at the conservative Republicans, and keep supporting the John McCain type Republicans, and the other Democrats.

Location hidden

#169961 Oct 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>I'd also like to remind you that John McCain has been fighting the ACA since 2009. He fought it as a presidential candidate with Ms. Sarah Tea Party Palin at his side, he fought it on the floor of the senate, he fought it in support of Romney and he's fought it at every opportunity on every front he could find week after week, month after month and year after year,
He fought obamacare every time EXCEPT when it counted. A vote for cloture was a vote for obamacare. McCain voted with the Democrats for cloture, and in so doing gave Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats complete control to do whatever they wanted to any bill coming from the House.

Location hidden

#169962 Oct 13, 2013
Lyndi, has John McCain been giving inspirational talks to your Red Sox?

"We can't win".

Boston is sure making it tough on themselves to get into the World Series.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169964 Oct 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Just about every time I vote its usually for the Republican unless its a Dem that is pro life (rare).
Oh,
My,
Goodness.

Voting as a function of my pro-choice views, has gotten me labeled as a 'one-issue voter'(can't decide if this is a step up or down on the 'low info voter' scale...)

So, if you're strictly voting for the 'pro-life' candidate, regardless of party, does that make you a 'one issue voter' too????

For instance, if a candidate claimed to be pro-life, but his/her main platform was actual immigration reform,(rather than pitching everyone without government ID out on their ears...)

would you vote for them on the basis of their outward pro-life stance?

Location hidden

#169965 Oct 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to be sick of this "we know better" bs and be pro life at the same time, Chris.
Think about it.
Sure he does...as long as he's willing to pay the price in cognitive dissidence...

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/8983000/ngbbs4476...

For some, it's what makes life worth living...

:)

Location hidden

#169966 Oct 13, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he does...as long as he's willing to pay the price in cognitive dissidence...
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/8983000/ngbbs4476...
For some, it's what makes life worth living...
erm...dissonance...not 'dissidence'.

Ahem.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#169967 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>erm...dissonance...not 'dissidence'.
Ahem.
S'okay.

Clearwater is also a dissident.

Location hidden

#169968 Oct 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
S'okay.
Clearwater is also a dissident.
Clearwater is a martyr. He lives for the opportunity to say "I hope this doesn't happen, but....when it does, I tol-jer."

It's his gig, he plays it well.
Never try to beat a man at his own game.

(That one was for free.)

Location hidden

#169969 Oct 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Stupid autocorrect
garbage in....garbage out.

computer 101
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#169970 Oct 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it.
There is absolutely no problem with believing that with responsibility comes freedom.
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#169971 Oct 13, 2013
Think about it.
UIDIOTRACENAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#169972 Oct 13, 2013
World Bank President Warns Washington Default Would Be 'Disastrous'

Debt ceiling clock ticks away as talks to end deadlock over government shutdown decrease.
ABC News Videos
lisw

Georgetown, OH

#169973 Oct 13, 2013
<quoted text>Clearwater is a martyr. He lives for the opportunity to say "I hope this doesn't happen, but....when it does, I tol-jer."
It's his gig, he plays it well.
Never try to beat a man at his own game.
(That one was for free.)
Omg how you pander.

United States

#169974 Oct 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>There is absolutely no problem with believing that with responsibility comes freedom.
Oh yea , they give Progeny FReeDOOM! BAHAHAHAHAaa

United States

#169975 Oct 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
Think about it.
Rethink time for you and masses of sheeeeoples! A BHAHAHahaa

Location hidden

#169976 Oct 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>There is absolutely no problem with believing that with responsibility comes freedom.
And there is absolutely a problem, when legislators believe that men's freedom depends on women having responsibility for pregnancy.

If all potential parties to a pregnancy were held equally responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancy, we wouldn't have this problem...but because women get pregnant, and men don't, pregnancy has devolved into a 'woman's problem', and therefore a 'woman's responsibility'.

I call bullshit.

Women may claim the same freedom to accept or decline gestation, as we have to accept or decline sexual congress with men.

If men want a uterus to control, let them get their own. I retain responsibility for mine, and am prepared to exercise that responsibility as I see fit.

(Not as YOU see fit...whoever 'you' may be.)

Get it?

JMO

Location hidden

#169977 Oct 13, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Omg how you pander.
Pander to what?

The expectation that you'll pop up to randomly chastise me?

I guess if that's what I was after, I sho 'nuff got it...

Next...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Anthony MN 567,506
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Clearwater 794,057
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min lovewithin 39,648
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Rick in Kansas 267,332
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 21 min graciousaint 253
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 22 min mamma-san 221,531
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min AN NFL FAN 120,640
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 55 min Here For Now 607,081
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 97,439
More from around the web