“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169929 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> Most voters only go by what the media puts out there. Hell, most parties only go by what the media puts out there. You can find your heroes or demons depending on which channel you tune to. Hope for an intelligent vote? Sorry Mr. Bobin and with all due respect, methinks you're barking up the wrong tree.
We can only hope that one day the voters will decide it's time to have the government working for them. obama's re-election made me wonder if that will ever happen.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169930 Oct 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, since 2009... my powers of observation are awesome.
13 innings... a bit of a nail biter. At least they won, and there wasn't much doubt who the MVP was.
This is the first year that I've paid any attention to it, so you're not alone.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169931 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a citizen.
SKL is a citizen.
bobin is a citizen.
Everyone posting here is a citizen, and if we've got anyone posting who's not a U.S. citizen, then they're still a citizen someplace.
You might as well tell me you breathe.
As far as you capitalizing citizen ... well, that could tell me something, or not.
I claim no affiliation to any party.
THE parties over.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169932 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think they're worth a look, although it's been 15-20 years since I read Lies, probably longer for A People's History.
Thanks
I did a quick search and as I thought, this info has been "out there" for some time. Has it changed we THINK? Thanksgiving is coming up soon, we'll see.

I guess we could all be "hopeful"
/sarcasm
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169933 Oct 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
We can only hope that one day the voters will decide it's time to have the government working for them. obama's re-election made me wonder if that will ever happen.
I'm seeing a tear in the process. More than in years past. It seems that any attempt to bind one side results in further National division. How can that continue?

I'm not as hopeful as you ...

Lafayette IN

#169934 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I claim no affiliation to any party.
THE parties over.
What do you mean - the party's over?

What party?

Lafayette IN

#169935 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
I did a quick search and as I thought, this info has been "out there" for some time. Has it changed we THINK? Thanksgiving is coming up soon, we'll see.
I guess we could all be "hopeful"
/sarcasm
What does that even mean - has it changed how we think?

Location hidden

#169936 Oct 12, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate Obama?

I doubt that he hates obama, just obama's policies.
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
He'll be gone in two and a half years...
What happened to the other three quarters of a year of obama's pResidency? Is one of barry's many scandals going to force him to resign, and give us a pResident Biden?

That creates its own problem... how would Joe ever find someone dumber than him to choose as his vice president?
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169937 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean - the party's over?
What party?
The Party(s) of the People

As a Blue Dog, aren't you theoretically supporting a division within your Party? The Republican Party has to contend with their Tea Party yes?

Each "sides" goal is to divide the Nation and force through legislation to control the losers.

This is not sustainable.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169938 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What does that even mean - has it changed how we think?
The books you cited contain overwhelming disruptions of truths commonly taught. These references have graced the shelves for quite some time and yet, many of these feel good fairy tales continue to be taught.

I then ask, has it, these materials, changed the way we THINK.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169939 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not sustainable.
Nor acceptable.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169940 Oct 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the club, Sister.
Yer about 2 months behind. I know. You were busy poring thru law books gettin' ready for your next "case".

Lafayette IN

#169941 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
The Party(s) of the People
As a Blue Dog, aren't you theoretically supporting a division within your Party? The Republican Party has to contend with their Tea Party yes?
Each "sides" goal is to divide the Nation and force through legislation to control the losers.
This is not sustainable.
I'm theoretically supporting a division within my Party only if you take the concept of party and faction to the extreme and keep everything completely in the abstract.

Practically speaking, you can't compare blue dogs with the tea party, not now - and probably not for decades.

You could argue that the intent of Jefferson's Democratic-Republicans and Adams' Federalists was to "divide the Nation and force through legislation to control the losers". To put how sustainable that is into perspective, 212 years elapsed between that election and the last.

Lafayette IN

#169942 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> The books you cited contain overwhelming disruptions of truths commonly taught. These references have graced the shelves for quite some time and yet, many of these feel good fairy tales continue to be taught.
I then ask, has it, these materials, changed the way we THINK.
Well, actually, a great many of the things described in Lies have been incorporated into school curriculum, not without objections.

Can you be a little more specific about the "overwhelming disruptions of truths" you have in mind?
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#169943 Oct 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that he hates obama, just obama's policies.
<quoted text>
What happened to the other three quarters of a year of obama's pResidency? Is one of barry's many scandals going to force him to resign, and give us a pResident Biden?
That creates its own problem... how would Joe ever find someone dumber than him to choose as his vice president?
You really left you little left noggin in the scrap pile, with rest of the masses of sleep walkers. Did you know most of VP are real bosses and are member of TLC , he be watch over Pres O every move... Wake up time grunters ... Bwhahahhaaaaa

Location hidden

#169944 Oct 12, 2013
An interesting article, but the comments are even more eye opening.

McCain Blames Cruz, Conservatives For Obama’s Mishandling Of Death Benefits

So Republicans and some Democrats in the House vote to pay military which should include payment of death benefits. The Pentagon(translate: Chuck Hagel) said it shouldn’t be paid. Obama administration knew of this problem for some days before it broke, yet did nothing. Republicans immediately passed another bill to try to solve the problem created by the Obama administration. Yet, somehow, it is the Republicans’ fault? Only in the twisted benighted mind of John McCain.

Via Breitbart:

On Friday, Sen. John McCain (D-AZ) blamed conservatives like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for the Obama administration’s initial failure to pay death benefits to the families of fallen American soldiers during the government shutdown.

In an appearance on Fox News with host Martha MacCallum, McCain said the White House has handled the situation horribly before trying to argue that Republicans were responsible for putting the White House in a position to mishandle the situation.

“I think it’s been terribly handled by the White House,” McCain said.“Let’s have a little straight talk, Martha. They wouldn’t have had the opportunity to handle it that way if we had not shut down the government on a fool’s errand that we were not going to accomplish.”

In reference to Cruz’s defunding Obamacare strategy, McCain said the whole “premise of shutting down the government was the repeal of Obamacare,” which McCain said would never happened. Cruz’s strategy, it is worth noting, was to defund and not repeal Obamacare.

On Thursday, Obama finally signed the bill that would pay the families of America’s fallen troops nearly $100,000 in benefits. The Pentagon had suspended the payments during the government shutdown, and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney had initially said signing the resolution to authorize the payments was not necessary; Fisher House, a charity that helps the families of wounded and fallen soldiers, had indicated they would help cover the funeral costs and payments.

McCain reminds me of this, because whatever is occupying him, it isn’t being a Republican or caring about what is best for the country:

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/11/mccain-bla...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#169945 Oct 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
So Republicans and some Democrats in the House vote to pay military which should include payment of death benefits. The Pentagon(translate: Chuck Hagel) said it shouldn’t be paid. Obama administration knew of this problem for some days before it broke, yet did nothing. Republicans immediately passed another bill to try to solve the problem created by the Obama administration. Yet, somehow, it is the Republicans’ fault? Only in the twisted benighted mind of John McCain.
Via Breitbart:
On Friday, Sen. John McCain (D-AZ) blamed conservatives like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for the Obama administration’s initial failure to pay death benefits to the families of fallen American soldiers during the government shutdown.
In an appearance on Fox News with host Martha MacCallum, McCain said the White House has handled the situation horribly before trying to argue that Republicans were responsible for putting the White House in a position to mishandle the situation.
“I think it’s been terribly handled by the White House,” McCain said.“Let’s have a little straight talk, Martha. They wouldn’t have had the opportunity to handle it that way if we had not shut down the government on a fool’s errand that we were not going to accomplish.”
In reference to Cruz’s defunding Obamacare strategy, McCain said the whole “premise of shutting down the government was the repeal of Obamacare,” which McCain said would never happened. Cruz’s strategy, it is worth noting, was to defund and not repeal Obamacare.
On Thursday, Obama finally signed the bill that would pay the families of America’s fallen troops nearly $100,000 in benefits. The Pentagon had suspended the payments during the government shutdown, and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney had initially said signing the resolution to authorize the payments was not necessary; Fisher House, a charity that helps the families of wounded and fallen soldiers, had indicated they would help cover the funeral costs and payments.
McCain reminds me of this, because whatever is occupying him, it isn’t being a Republican or caring about what is best for the country:
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/11/mccain-bla...
I think the old man has lost his mind. Good case for term limits for all!

Location hidden

#169946 Oct 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>I think the old man has lost his mind. Good case for term limits for all!
McCain is getting what he wanted, plenty of interviews on the liberal network stations, representing the Republican Party and saying the same things that Democrats say about Tea Party Republicans, and pushing to pass obama's policies.

Thank you Arizona, for sending McCain back to Congress to represent the Democrats.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169947 Oct 13, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Via Breitbart:
(clipped for space>
I didn't find the article interesting or eye opening. It's embarrassingly biased Tea Party spin to portray Ted Cruz as a hero and McCain as the villain. It's self serving damage control and false bravado to transfer the blame of a stupid idea. Connect the dots, bobin. Cruz lit the match that started the fire that left a smouldering mess. And because he doesn't like the repercussions,(which he was warned about) he predictably points his finger at anyone who didn't support him on his failed mission and calls them fake republicans. "If you were a REAL republicans, you would have thrown yourself over the cliff with me, to get absolutely nothing out of this!"

McCain was right. Cruz and his 'fools errand' didn't accomplish the defunding of Obamacare, nor did it didn't get Obamacare repealed and nor did it get Obamacare delayed. What it did accomplish though was a government shutdown and we're back to 'but for.' But for Ted Cruz, the government would not have shut down and the pentagon and WH would not have had the opportunity to suspended the gratuity checks to families of the fallen. Follow the sequence of events in reverse and voila, it'll bring you right back to Ted Cruz.
It's curious to me, almost amusing, how Tea Party supporters are all revved up over some guy who made a scene, picked a fight with the WH, picked a fight with his republican counterparts who've been battling the implematation of ACA long before he ever showed up at the dance, it failed and he's spinning it to blame those who told him his plan was doomed from the outset.
Obama supporters practice the same psychological game and have been doing it since he arrived on the scene. They get all bristly and insensed and make false accusations at people like me who can't stand Obama as though if I'd only liked the guy, he would have been a good president.

"If you don't support Obama, you must be racist."
"Um, noooooo. I don't support Obama because he's not remotely up to the task."

"If you don't support Ted Cruz, you aren't a real republican."
"Um, nooooooo. I don't support Ted Cruz because he had a really stupid plan and it harmed the nation."

Same thing. Different actors and as common as rain. People get all miffed at those of us who were right simply because they don't want to be wrong.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#169948 Oct 13, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
(clipped for space>
I didn't find the article interesting or eye opening. It's embarrassingly biased Tea Party spin to portray Ted Cruz as a hero and McCain as the villain. It's self serving damage control and false bravado to transfer the blame of a stupid idea. Connect the dots, bobin. Cruz lit the match that started the fire that left a smouldering mess. And because he doesn't like the repercussions,(which he was warned about) he predictably points his finger at anyone who didn't support him on his failed mission and calls them fake republicans. "If you were a REAL republicans, you would have thrown yourself over the cliff with me, to get absolutely nothing out of this!"
McCain was right. Cruz and his 'fools errand' didn't accomplish the defunding of Obamacare, nor did it didn't get Obamacare repealed and nor did it get Obamacare delayed. What it did accomplish though was a government shutdown and we're back to 'but for.' But for Ted Cruz, the government would not have shut down and the pentagon and WH would not have had the opportunity to suspended the gratuity checks to families of the fallen. Follow the sequence of events in reverse and voila, it'll bring you right back to Ted Cruz.
It's curious to me, almost amusing, how Tea Party supporters are all revved up over some guy who made a scene, picked a fight with the WH, picked a fight with his republican counterparts who've been battling the implematation of ACA long before he ever showed up at the dance, it failed and he's spinning it to blame those who told him his plan was doomed from the outset.
Obama supporters practice the same psychological game and have been doing it since he arrived on the scene. They get all bristly and insensed and make false accusations at people like me who can't stand Obama as though if I'd only liked the guy, he would have been a good president.
"If you don't support Obama, you must be racist."
"Um, noooooo. I don't support Obama because he's not remotely up to the task."
"If you don't support Ted Cruz, you aren't a real republican."
"Um, nooooooo. I don't support Ted Cruz because he had a really stupid plan and it harmed the nation."
Same thing. Different actors and as common as rain. People get all miffed at those of us who were right simply because they don't want to be wrong.
Just wow. You aren't right. Those like Obama that think this law was ever about helping anyone get better health care or coverage are wrong and still are. It's not like this is anything new. Reagan gave a speech on the dangers of socialized medicine over 40 years ago. What is new is this lie down and die spirit that seems quite common in many people. Excuse me if I don't join you. What do I know? I just drive a truck but its seems to me that was once the core of the Republican platform is no longer valid. McCain it seems to me is so concerned making people happy he is willing to go to hell to do it. Again do think I will skip out on that don't give a rip who it bothers. He does remind me and many others why I hate, I hate Washington D.C. And unlike the crap Catcher posted its not becuase I hate the gov just the role some people think it should play in our lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Darwins Stepchild 831,209
Why do homosexuals enjoy acting like WOMEN??? 3 min Rosa_Winkel 13
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 3,711
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min drShrink 40,246
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 586,273
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 13 min bafoofkit 70,154
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Remnant of 144000 611,959
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min Paul Porter1 99,356
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr karl44 442,985
More from around the web