Bush is a hero

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169920 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't understand my not hating someone as an endorsement.
Obama has no more power or influence than the oligarchy will allow. Those with the real intelligencia do not want peace let alone patriotism.
Which begs the question, What is Patriotism?
Is Mr. Willie a patriot?
Is Mr. Catcher a patriot?
Are you a patriot?
Am I?
I don't 'hate' Obama either - he's not worth the energy, and he's not really the problem. Our apathy is. Only about 15% of eligible voters even bother. Of that 15%, less than half bother to fully inform ourselves of the issues, and rely solely on 'mass media' for information.

Am I a Patriot? Well, I haven't given my life for my country, even metaphorically, since my priorities include feeding, clothing, and sheltering my family, before running for office, or joining the military...so maybe not?

Can't answer whether you are or not.

But I think the others you mentioned, think they are. JMO

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169921 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
It is nice.
Is there something you left out of your reply to me?
You know how difficult it is to read expression through these threads.
No. Not much to reply to, since your response to me said nothing.

Lafayette IN

#169922 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, apparently these were actual books? I haven't read them. I thought your were generalizing.
I've heard enough discussion concerning those particular topics and others which leave me even further in doubt concerning actual truths.
Back to you, which book do you agree with?
More inclined to Lies My Teacher Told Me, because the further into the 20th century you get in A People's History the more you get the impression that the author did some postgraduate work somewhere south of St. Petersburgh - the one in Russia, not Florida.

I'm a little surprised you haven't heard of either book.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169923 Oct 12, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I don't 'hate' Obama either - he's not worth the energy, and he's not really the problem. Our apathy is. Only about 15% of eligible voters even bother. Of that 15%, less than half bother to fully inform ourselves of the issues, and rely solely on 'mass media' for information.
Am I a Patriot? Well, I haven't given my life for my country, even metaphorically, since my priorities include feeding, clothing, and sheltering my family, before running for office, or joining the military...so maybe not?
Can't answer whether you are or not.
But I think the others you mentioned, think they are. JMO
Is it really apathy?
As in just don't care or could care less?

I see it more as losing faith. Faith in a fair an equitable system of governance. Add to that the outright lies and corruption and you have THE predictable level of present participation.

It seems as those who participate feel they know what's best based on the data only to sadly find out later they were mistaken. I believe the future numbers will reflect the participation of those with special interests and not reflect what is in the best interest of all. Granted, this also begs the question, What is in the best interest of all?
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169924 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>More inclined to Lies My Teacher Told Me, because the further into the 20th century you get in A People's History the more you get the impression that the author did some postgraduate work somewhere south of St. Petersburgh - the one in Russia, not Florida.
I'm a little surprised you haven't heard of either book.
Are they worth my time to have a look?
So many authors simply provide tit-for-tat and we all get enough of that.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169925 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No. Not much to reply to, since your response to me said nothing.
Good to know. I could have taken it either way.

I responded that I considered myself a Citizen in reply to your identifying yourself as a Blue Dog.

Was it because I didn't associate myself with any particular group that you felt my reply was without substance?

I capitalized Citizen this time if that makes a difference.

Lafayette IN

#169926 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> Good to know. I could have taken it either way.
I responded that I considered myself a Citizen in reply to your identifying yourself as a Blue Dog.
Was it because I didn't associate myself with any particular group that you felt my reply was without substance?
I capitalized Citizen this time if that makes a difference.
I'm a citizen.

SKL is a citizen.

bobin is a citizen.

Everyone posting here is a citizen, and if we've got anyone posting who's not a U.S. citizen, then they're still a citizen someplace.

You might as well tell me you breathe.

As far as you capitalizing citizen ... well, that could tell me something, or not.

Lafayette IN

#169927 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they worth my time to have a look?
So many authors simply provide tit-for-tat and we all get enough of that.
I think they're worth a look, although it's been 15-20 years since I read Lies, probably longer for A People's History.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169928 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You made me curious, so I did a little digging ... the earliest I can find an arch in the grass is the All Star Game in 2009.
Wow, since 2009... my powers of observation are awesome.

13 innings... a bit of a nail biter. At least they won, and there wasn't much doubt who the MVP was.

Location hidden

#169929 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> Most voters only go by what the media puts out there. Hell, most parties only go by what the media puts out there. You can find your heroes or demons depending on which channel you tune to. Hope for an intelligent vote? Sorry Mr. Bobin and with all due respect, methinks you're barking up the wrong tree.
We can only hope that one day the voters will decide it's time to have the government working for them. obama's re-election made me wonder if that will ever happen.

Lafayette IN

#169930 Oct 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, since 2009... my powers of observation are awesome.
13 innings... a bit of a nail biter. At least they won, and there wasn't much doubt who the MVP was.
This is the first year that I've paid any attention to it, so you're not alone.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169931 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a citizen.
SKL is a citizen.
bobin is a citizen.
Everyone posting here is a citizen, and if we've got anyone posting who's not a U.S. citizen, then they're still a citizen someplace.
You might as well tell me you breathe.
As far as you capitalizing citizen ... well, that could tell me something, or not.
I claim no affiliation to any party.
THE parties over.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169932 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think they're worth a look, although it's been 15-20 years since I read Lies, probably longer for A People's History.
Thanks
I did a quick search and as I thought, this info has been "out there" for some time. Has it changed we THINK? Thanksgiving is coming up soon, we'll see.

I guess we could all be "hopeful"
/sarcasm
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169933 Oct 12, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
We can only hope that one day the voters will decide it's time to have the government working for them. obama's re-election made me wonder if that will ever happen.
I'm seeing a tear in the process. More than in years past. It seems that any attempt to bind one side results in further National division. How can that continue?

I'm not as hopeful as you ...

Lafayette IN

#169934 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
I claim no affiliation to any party.
THE parties over.
What do you mean - the party's over?

What party?

Lafayette IN

#169935 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
I did a quick search and as I thought, this info has been "out there" for some time. Has it changed we THINK? Thanksgiving is coming up soon, we'll see.
I guess we could all be "hopeful"
/sarcasm
What does that even mean - has it changed how we think?

Location hidden

#169936 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>Why do you hate Obama?

I doubt that he hates obama, just obama's policies.
He'll be gone in two and a half years...
What happened to the other three quarters of a year of obama's pResidency? Is one of barry's many scandals going to force him to resign, and give us a pResident Biden?

That creates its own problem... how would Joe ever find someone dumber than him to choose as his vice president?
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169937 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean - the party's over?
What party?
The Party(s) of the People

As a Blue Dog, aren't you theoretically supporting a division within your Party? The Republican Party has to contend with their Tea Party yes?

Each "sides" goal is to divide the Nation and force through legislation to control the losers.

This is not sustainable.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169938 Oct 12, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>What does that even mean - has it changed how we think?
The books you cited contain overwhelming disruptions of truths commonly taught. These references have graced the shelves for quite some time and yet, many of these feel good fairy tales continue to be taught.

I then ask, has it, these materials, changed the way we THINK.
NEWS - FLASH

Euless, TX

#169939 Oct 12, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not sustainable.
Nor acceptable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 854,838
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 5 min Sam 75
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min WasteWater 6,143
The Christian Atheist debate 13 min Justise League 1,009
How Republicans And Democrats Are Using Racism ... 17 min Sanjay 4
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min dGo nmeDad lyHo p... 100,742
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Neville Thompson 272,084
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Estelle 596,327
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min Peace_Warrior 612,619
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr juts fooky 444,338
More from around the web