|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, Jay Carney is a moron. He's also the pResidents spokesperson.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/jay-carney-says...
There's no red line in the article you linked to, bobin.

That's a figment of your imagination.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>There's no red line in the article you linked to, bobin.
Try reading it again, this time without the blinders.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading it again, this time without the blinders.
I read the article.

I saw nothing in the article that comes even close to what a reasonable person would call a red line. Frankly, I don't think an ideologue speaking to an intelligent audience would try to spin it that way.

There was a belief attributed to the President that the legislation wasn't necessary, but you have to be a fool to think there was a threat to refuse to sign it.

Bray on, little fellow.
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fortunate that my financial affairs are in good order, as the result of hard work, planning for the future, and sound (or lucky?) investment decisions.
At the macro level, I remain optimistic about the country's economic prospects, while bemoaning the horrible influence of the anti-government Tea Partiers.
Kudos on making the grade!

Looks like some of us will have seats on the 50 yard line to watch this unfold. The other rest of us will just have to view it at slightly different angles which will undoubtedly give rise to bad calls and poor decisions.

Spoiler alert:
There are no winners, just a dizzy array of frustration and change.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>There's no red line in the article you linked to, bobin.
Maybe this will help jog your memory of your hero's promise...

President Barack Obama would veto piecemeal bills that would restore funding only to certain parts of the government like federal parks, veterans programs and the District of Columbia rather than a broad government spending bill, White House spokeswoman Amy Brundage said on Tuesday.

"These piecemeal efforts are not serious, and they are no way to run a government," Brundage said in a statement, noting the White House wants the House to pass a bill that would continue funding government without any unrelated policy measures attached.

"The President and the Senate have been clear that they won't accept this kind of game-playing, and if these bills were to come to the President's desk, he would veto them," she said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/obam...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I read the article.
I saw nothing in the article that comes even close to what a reasonable person would call a red line. Frankly, I don't think an ideologue speaking to an intelligent audience would try to spin it that way.
There was a belief attributed to the President that the legislation wasn't necessary, but you have to be a fool to think there was a threat to refuse to sign it.
Bray on, little fellow.
The article was about him breaking his 'red line' promise to veto any piecemeal funding. But, to jog your obama memory, I linked to barry's 'red line' promise that he was breaking in the previous message.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Willie, I can't even guess how many times I've watched the Cards play at home, and I never realized, until tonight, that there's an image of the Gateway Arch in the outfield grass.

Please tell me it hasn't always been there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> Kudos on making the grade!
Looks like some of us will have seats on the 50 yard line to watch this unfold. The other rest of us will just have to view it at slightly different angles which will undoubtedly give rise to bad calls and poor decisions.
Spoiler alert:
There are no winners, just a dizzy array of frustration and change.
Amen to that. After this manufactured financial fiasco, I hope the voters get rid of every one of the 'old guard, big government' Republicans and their Democrat twins that are up for re-election in 2014.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help jog your memory of your hero's promise...
President Barack Obama would veto piecemeal bills that would restore funding only to certain parts of the government like federal parks, veterans programs and the District of Columbia rather than a broad government spending bill, White House spokeswoman Amy Brundage said on Tuesday.
"These piecemeal efforts are not serious, and they are no way to run a government," Brundage said in a statement, noting the White House wants the House to pass a bill that would continue funding government without any unrelated policy measures attached.
"The President and the Senate have been clear that they won't accept this kind of game-playing, and if these bills were to come to the President's desk, he would veto them," she said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/obam...
I can see why you need to spin Obama's signature on this specific bill as him crossing his own red line, but I don't think this is what he was talking about on the 1st. If you'll remember, partial funding bills was an R strategy being discussed at the time.

About Obama being my hero ... tell you what, pal. You find one post of mine that describes Obama (or ANY politician, for that matter) in terms even close to the gushing stuff you post about Cruz, and we can talk about heroes.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
Willie, I can't even guess how many times I've watched the Cards play at home, and I never realized, until tonight, that there's an image of the Gateway Arch in the outfield grass.
I'm not sure how long they've been doing it, but it's been there at least most of this season.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
You made me curious, so I did a little digging ... the earliest I can find an arch in the grass is the All Star Game in 2009.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll, I have serious doubts as to yer repeated boasting claim to be a "lawyer". Attorneys worth their salt, especially defense lawyers are buried under a mountain of work. Time outta the courtroom is spent poring through law books and reference books, keeping abreast of the latest and greatest points to help the client, as well as legal precedent to impress a judge & jury (if a jury is present).
Paralegals are as busy or busier, some perhaps hoping to be an attorney
some day. I don't believe you are either a lawyer or even a paralegal.
I believe you're fake & a charlatan, bragging about being a lawyer in hopes of demonstrating a certain level of intelligence which does not exist in reality. Passing the bar exam would denote such intelligence.
There's no way a real lawyer has the amount of time you spend here and on the other thread(s), regardless of which section of law you supposedly practice. However, I DO believe you have a laptop computer, which aides you in your fantasy masquerade.
Believe what you want.

You are also free not to believe I have passed three state bar exams (all of them in my first attempt) and I'm admitted to practice in all Federal courts.

It's a free country, bad bob.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Then the GOP needs better ad men, because that's what most of the country thought it was selling.
That's exactly what pundits and many others have been trying to tell them for years. They're not listening.

They also have NO central leader to inspire passion and productivity.
They've become sheep willing to wait for someone else to take the podium.
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. After this manufactured financial fiasco, I hope the voters get rid of every one of the 'old guard, big government' Republicans and their Democrat twins that are up for re-election in 2014.
Most voters only go by what the media puts out there. Hell, most parties only go by what the media puts out there. You can find your heroes or demons depending on which channel you tune to. Hope for an intelligent vote? Sorry Mr. Bobin and with all due respect, methinks you're barking up the wrong tree.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> Most voters only go by what the media puts out there. Hell, most parties only go by what the media puts out there. You can find your heroes or demons depending on which channel you tune to. Hope for an intelligent vote? Sorry Mr. Bobin and with all due respect, methinks you're barking up the wrong tree.
So do you know better than what the media puts out?
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, I remember a time not so long ago that the price to be a part of this country was quite high. I also remember a time when very few complained about coming up with that price.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

BobinTX wrote:
No worries. I've been going to Taco Bell for years, and just noticed
the steel height limit bar (about 3 1/2" diameter, 7' long) entering the drive-thru says, "Please Don't Ring Your Bell On This".
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So do you know better than what the media puts out?
No

You?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want.
You are also free not to believe I have passed three state bar exams (all of them in my first attempt) and I'm admitted to practice in all Federal courts.
Gee another opportunity for you to BOAST some more, chaser. Whatta surprise.

If you're such a hot-shot attorney, why are you free to spend so much time being an obamazombie in here instead of doing what lawyers do, making a fortune off of other people's miseries?

And why do you have so much time to attack Christians on the religious thread? Did you hire yer friend and relatives @ minimum wage to do your
leg work?

Why not just admit you're an illegal alien busboy in a Tex-Mex restaurant? There's at least 20 of them in your general vicinity alone.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> No
You?
i do all right ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,201 - 162,220 of171,378
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

464 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aura Mytha 715,683
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Lab28 222,982
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min USA Born 529,584
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min AussieBobby 255,483
Mike older man 36 min Son1995 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min petesake kis 114,501
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 44 min Hidingfromyou 93,106
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 10 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••