Bush is a hero

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169881 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help jog your memory of your hero's promise...
President Barack Obama would veto piecemeal bills that would restore funding only to certain parts of the government like federal parks, veterans programs and the District of Columbia rather than a broad government spending bill, White House spokeswoman Amy Brundage said on Tuesday.
"These piecemeal efforts are not serious, and they are no way to run a government," Brundage said in a statement, noting the White House wants the House to pass a bill that would continue funding government without any unrelated policy measures attached.
"The President and the Senate have been clear that they won't accept this kind of game-playing, and if these bills were to come to the President's desk, he would veto them," she said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/obam...
I can see why you need to spin Obama's signature on this specific bill as him crossing his own red line, but I don't think this is what he was talking about on the 1st. If you'll remember, partial funding bills was an R strategy being discussed at the time.

About Obama being my hero ... tell you what, pal. You find one post of mine that describes Obama (or ANY politician, for that matter) in terms even close to the gushing stuff you post about Cruz, and we can talk about heroes.

Lafayette IN

#169882 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Willie, I can't even guess how many times I've watched the Cards play at home, and I never realized, until tonight, that there's an image of the Gateway Arch in the outfield grass.
Please tell me it hasn't always been there.
I'm not sure how long they've been doing it, but it's been there at least most of this season.

Lafayette IN

#169883 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
Willie, I can't even guess how many times I've watched the Cards play at home, and I never realized, until tonight, that there's an image of the Gateway Arch in the outfield grass.
You made me curious, so I did a little digging ... the earliest I can find an arch in the grass is the All Star Game in 2009.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#169884 Oct 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll, I have serious doubts as to yer repeated boasting claim to be a "lawyer". Attorneys worth their salt, especially defense lawyers are buried under a mountain of work. Time outta the courtroom is spent poring through law books and reference books, keeping abreast of the latest and greatest points to help the client, as well as legal precedent to impress a judge & jury (if a jury is present).
Paralegals are as busy or busier, some perhaps hoping to be an attorney
some day. I don't believe you are either a lawyer or even a paralegal.
I believe you're fake & a charlatan, bragging about being a lawyer in hopes of demonstrating a certain level of intelligence which does not exist in reality. Passing the bar exam would denote such intelligence.
There's no way a real lawyer has the amount of time you spend here and on the other thread(s), regardless of which section of law you supposedly practice. However, I DO believe you have a laptop computer, which aides you in your fantasy masquerade.
Believe what you want.

You are also free not to believe I have passed three state bar exams (all of them in my first attempt) and I'm admitted to practice in all Federal courts.

It's a free country, bad bob.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169885 Oct 11, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Then the GOP needs better ad men, because that's what most of the country thought it was selling.
That's exactly what pundits and many others have been trying to tell them for years. They're not listening.

They also have NO central leader to inspire passion and productivity.
They've become sheep willing to wait for someone else to take the podium.
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

#169886 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. After this manufactured financial fiasco, I hope the voters get rid of every one of the 'old guard, big government' Republicans and their Democrat twins that are up for re-election in 2014.
Most voters only go by what the media puts out there. Hell, most parties only go by what the media puts out there. You can find your heroes or demons depending on which channel you tune to. Hope for an intelligent vote? Sorry Mr. Bobin and with all due respect, methinks you're barking up the wrong tree.

Lafayette IN

#169887 Oct 11, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> Most voters only go by what the media puts out there. Hell, most parties only go by what the media puts out there. You can find your heroes or demons depending on which channel you tune to. Hope for an intelligent vote? Sorry Mr. Bobin and with all due respect, methinks you're barking up the wrong tree.
So do you know better than what the media puts out?
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

#169888 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, I remember a time not so long ago that the price to be a part of this country was quite high. I also remember a time when very few complained about coming up with that price.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#169889 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
No worries. I've been going to Taco Bell for years, and just noticed
the steel height limit bar (about 3 1/2" diameter, 7' long) entering the drive-thru says, "Please Don't Ring Your Bell On This".
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

#169890 Oct 11, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So do you know better than what the media puts out?
No

You?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#169891 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want.
You are also free not to believe I have passed three state bar exams (all of them in my first attempt) and I'm admitted to practice in all Federal courts.
Gee another opportunity for you to BOAST some more, chaser. Whatta surprise.

If you're such a hot-shot attorney, why are you free to spend so much time being an obamazombie in here instead of doing what lawyers do, making a fortune off of other people's miseries?

And why do you have so much time to attack Christians on the religious thread? Did you hire yer friend and relatives @ minimum wage to do your
leg work?

Why not just admit you're an illegal alien busboy in a Tex-Mex restaurant? There's at least 20 of them in your general vicinity alone.

Lafayette IN

#169892 Oct 11, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text> No
You?
i do all right ...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#169893 Oct 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee another opportunity for you to BOAST some more, chaser. Whatta surprise.
If you're such a hot-shot attorney, why are you free to spend so much time being an obamazombie in here instead of doing what lawyers do, making a fortune off of other people's miseries?
And why do you have so much time to attack Christians on the religious thread? Did you hire yer friend and relatives @ minimum wage to do your
leg work?
Why not just admit you're an illegal alien busboy in a Tex-Mex restaurant? There's at least 20 of them in your general vicinity alone.
Gotta go, bad bob.

The limo is here to take me to LAX.

I'm off to San Jose.

Illegal alien busboy convention.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#169894 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta go, bad bob.
The limo is here to take me to LAX.
I'm off to San Jose.
Illegal alien busboy convention.
Dont forget your pickles and lotion.......

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169895 Oct 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what pundits and many others have been trying to tell them for years. They're not listening.
They also have NO central leader to inspire passion and productivity.
They've become sheep willing to wait for someone else to take the podium.
Disgusting, innit?

We need another McGovern.

Bwahahahahahaha....

Location hidden

#169896 Oct 11, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>Meh, I remember a time not so long ago that the price to be a part of this country was quite high. I also remember a time when very few complained about coming up with that price.
When the price is only paid by having been born on our shores, it's not all that high.

Personally, that's the only 'price' I had to pay to be a part of this country. Same for my parents, who were both also born here, and their parents before them.... although my male Great grandparents were French and German immigrants, who married American ladies.

What price did you pay?

My Dad was an Army Staff Sergeant, my sister a Lieutenant in the Air Force, and my Grandfather a private in WWI. I've served my country by voting in her elections, doing community service, and keeping myself informed of what goes on within, and without, her borders.

I pay my taxes, I support Public School access, and I believe we can afford an effective social safety net, without pitching the baby out of the bathwater.

Why do you hate Obama? He'll be gone in two and a half years...
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

#169897 Oct 11, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>i do all right ...
Humility noted.

However, is it enough?

Enough to insure that you have made THE best choice possible?

Enough to reason out the finer points with the most dogmatic opponent and persuade them to see things the way you do?

Enough to breathe easy at night knowing that there are others such as your self who have the best interest of their fellow man at heart and will work tirelessly to insure their peace and safety?

Enough to risk all of what you have worked hard to achieve on the chance that what you need to say WILL make a REAL difference?

Enough to inspire you to do so?

(Rhetorical)

You see Mr. Willie, I believe those goals and dreams are no longer attainable. They are ideals from the past and were at best only limited even then. We've been fed a steady diet of hope and change for so long that we have come to believe they ARE attainable. They are NOT.

The media has convinced me of it.

Now, if you know something I don't, please, by all means, share it.

Location hidden

#169898 Oct 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
leg work?
No dear, he hired YOU.

You pay more attention to him than anyone on the thread.

Just sayin.
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

#169899 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>What price did you pay?
I respected my parents and elders as a youth.
I respected my grandparents.
I respected my neighbors and supported my community.
I respected and honored my teachers.

I promoted accountability and responsibility despite the personal gain and wealth I could have acquired by ignoring it.

I sacrifice personal time to help others less fortunate.

I monitor the elderly and offer material assistance, words of encouragement when material assistance will not suffice.

I volunteer time and money to help those less fortunate.

Whats the point?

The point is is that as a youth I learned that this IS price that must be paid to secure a free and stable family / society.

To work hard, save, and pass down these essential truths.

Politicians and Hollywood will not change this about me despite their daily attempts to do so.
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

#169900 Oct 11, 2013
Why do you hate Obama? He'll be gone in two and a half years...
I don't hate Obama.
He is no different than any other career politician.

I do hate the deception tho'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 272,830
Hero Mom SNITCHES on COWARD son who murdered Ho... 5 min Doctor REALITY 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Bongo 878,171
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 55 min RiccardoFire 7,968
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ann Bonney 53,488
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr 24yearold 561
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 41,131
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr sangili karuppan 7,623
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 603,174
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr too lazy to log in 3,794
More from around the web