Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169842 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I wasn't too clear either...
Married women, those with husbands, voted for Romney and personal responsibility. But single women, those without husbands, voted for obama and government dependency. Did the single women feel insecure in their ability to be independent? The key difference between the two voting groups... a husband.
<quoted text>
Ah, so according to you and your Tea Party stats, the unmarried Condi Rice voted for Obama.
Does she know she's insecure or should we notify her?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169843 Oct 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so according to you and your Tea Party stats, the unmarried Condi Rice voted for Obama.
The stats he's using aren't 'tea party'. They reflect the results of polling from multiple sources.

The interpretation he's putting on them, however ... that's a horse of a different color.

IMO the reason there's a split in party choice trends between married and single women are rooted in psychology/sociology, not politics. If I recall my political science class from 40 years ago, the trends aren't uniquely American, but were also common in Western Europe.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169844 Oct 11, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The stats he's using aren't 'tea party'. They reflect the results of polling from multiple sources.
The interpretation he's putting on them, however ... that's a horse of a different color.
IMO the reason there's a split in party choice trends between married and single women are rooted in psychology/sociology, not politics. If I recall my political science class from 40 years ago, the trends aren't uniquely American, but were also common in Western Europe.
Women in general voted D last year, because the R's kept telling us we aren't people...only corporations, men, and fetuses are people, according to R's... but according to D's, women are people too.

Dumbed down enough for ya, Texas?
Clearwater

United States

#169845 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, Lyndi. Bring up Hitler.
All I can say to that is---Godwin's law.
And coincidentally, your pal bad bob wrote this about me:
"Worthless trolls like you should be exterminated....Yer peers will be the ultimate judge, jury and possible executioner."
Really? Exterminated?
This from a coward that if he could get away with it would have a Christian holocaust.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169846 Oct 11, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a bit of work is being done on the moral psychology/sociology of politics. I've poked around in it before. Here's one viewpoint. The author of this is obviously a liberal and I'm uncertain that his obviously heavy bias didn't influence his findings.

WHAT MAKES PEOPLE VOTE REPUBLICAN?

What makes people vote Republican? Why in particular do working class and rural Americans usually vote for pro-business Republicans when their economic interests would seem better served by Democratic policies? We psychologists have been examining the origins of ideology ever since Hitler sent us Germany's best psychologists, and we long ago reported that strict parenting and a variety of personal insecurities work together to turn people against liberalism, diversity, and progress. But now that we can map the brains, genes, and unconscious attitudes of conservatives, we have refined our diagnosis: conservatism is a partially heritable personality trait that predisposes some people to be cognitively inflexible, fond of hierarchy, and inordinately afraid of uncertainty, change, and death. People vote Republican because Republicans offer "moral clarity"—a simple vision of good and evil that activates deep seated fears in much of the electorate. Democrats, in contrast, appeal to reason with their long-winded explorations of policy options for a complex world.

Diagnosis is a pleasure. It is a thrill to solve a mystery from scattered clues, and it is empowering to know what makes others tick. In the psychological community, where almost all of us are politically liberal, our diagnosis of conservatism gives us the additional pleasure of shared righteous anger. We can explain how Republicans exploit frames, phrases, and fears to trick Americans into supporting policies (such as the "war on terror" and repeal of the "death tax") that damage the national interest for partisan advantage.

But with pleasure comes seduction, and with righteous pleasure comes seduction wearing a halo. Our diagnosis explains away Republican successes while convincing us and our fellow liberals that we hold the moral high ground. Our diagnosis tells us that we have nothing to learn from other ideologies, and it blinds us to what I think is one of the main reasons that so many Americans voted Republican over the last 30 years: they honestly prefer the Republican vision of a moral order to the one offered by Democrats. To see what Democrats have been missing, it helps to take off the halo, step back for a moment, and think about what morality really is.

http://edge.org/conversation/what-makes-vote-...

Location hidden

#169847 Oct 11, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Unless its Obama. Or just about any self serving crap the left spins. It's still true all these years latter, what you are speaks so loudly I can't hear a thing you say.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/ news/nation/2013/10/10/trucker s-washington-beltway-protest/2 962045/

Location hidden

#169848 Oct 11, 2013

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#169849 Oct 11, 2013
So instead of paying death benefits to the families of fallen soldiers, Obama is cutting them off until he gets his unaffordable health care bill passed, and leaving the payments up to Fischer House, a privately funded organization that has volunteered to pick up the tab.

I have *never* seen a more hateful, hurtful, small-minded and mean-spirited administration than this one, in all of my forty-two years of following politics.

It's too bad that there is no hell, because Obama and his supporters deserve it.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#169850 Oct 11, 2013
Brand New Libertarian wrote:
So instead of paying death benefits to the families of fallen soldiers, Obama is cutting them off until he gets his unaffordable health care bill passed, and leaving the payments up to Fischer House, a privately funded organization that has volunteered to pick up the tab.
I have *never* seen a more hateful, hurtful, small-minded and mean-spirited administration than this one, in all of my forty-two years of following politics.
It's too bad that there is no hell, because Obama and his supporters deserve it.
1. Obama signed legislation to pay the death benefits to families yesterday in spite of the shutdown.

2. The Affordable Care Act was passed three and a half years ago.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#169851 Oct 11, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/ news/nation/2013/10/10/trucker s-washington-beltway-protest/2 962045/
I hope it's over soon, because I've had C.W. McCall stuck in my head for a while ...

;-}

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169852 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
On November 4, 2008, Obama won the election, on a platform which showcased Obamacare. Obamacare legislation passed both houses of Congress, and was upheld by the Supreme Court. If you need a link, I'm sure you can find one.
</QUOTE>

Once the Democrats passed their version of health insurance for the several million that didn't have health insurance, and Americans then realized obamacare really meant control over everyone's health insurance, not just those that didn't have it, plus the shady way the Democrats passed it, Americans drastically changed their views on obamacare.

[QUOTE who="Sister Kathryn Lust"]<quoted text>Gee, can you 'link' me to that information, or should I just take your word for it, Tex??
Sure, links are easy to find. Here's the first election after the Democrats forced obamacare on voters that were demanding that they not pass it.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/results/sen...

Democrats lost 63 seats in the House, 6 seats in the Senate, 6 Governorships and hundreds of seats in state and local elections. Many state houses turned Red.

obamacare can be thanked for almost every one of those losses. And now that the voters are actually able to log into the system, or someday will be able to, and they're finding out what obamacare means to them and their families, I'm thinking we'll see the voters expressing their 'thanks' to the Democrat Party that forced obamacare on them.

Here's hoping that the voters also give their 'thanks' to those 25 Republican Senators that joined the Democrats to enable the funding of obamacare.

Location hidden

#169853 Oct 11, 2013
Take two:
<quoted text>
On November 4, 2008, Obama won the election, on a platform which showcased Obamacare. Obamacare legislation passed both houses of Congress, and was upheld by the Supreme Court. If you need a link, I'm sure you can find one.
Once the Democrats passed their version of health insurance for the several million that didn't have health insurance, and Americans then realized obamacare really meant control over everyone's health insurance, not just those that didn't have it, plus the shady way the Democrats passed it, Americans drastically changed their views on obamacare.
<quoted text>Gee, can you 'link' me to that information, or should I just take your word for it, Tex??
Sure, links are easy to find. Here's the first election after the Democrats forced obamacare on voters that were demanding that they not pass it.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/results/sen...

Democrats lost 63 seats in the House, 6 seats in the Senate, 6 Governorships and hundreds of seats in state and local elections. Many state houses turned Red.

obamacare can be thanked for almost every one of those losses. And now that the voters are actually able to log into the system, or someday will be able to, and they're finding out what obamacare means to them and their families, I'm thinking we'll see the voters expressing their 'thanks' to the Democrat Party that forced obamacare on them.

Here's hoping that the voters also give their 'thanks' to those 25 Republican Senators that joined the Democrats to enable the funding of obamacare.

Location hidden

#169854 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fortunate that my financial affairs are in good order, as the result of hard work, planning for the future, and sound (or lucky?) investment decisions.
At the macro level, I remain optimistic about the country's economic prospects, while bemoaning the horrible influence of the anti-government Tea Partiers.
Anti-government Tea Party... where'd you get that nonsense from?

Location hidden

#169855 Oct 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly girl. Not every single woman is insecure, just like not all liberals are stupid. Of course there are exceptions.

I don't think the married Hillary Clinton voted for Romney, do you? Just like I don't think all voting Republicans voted for Romney, I suspect Colin Powell may have voted for obama. Heck, McCain may have too, as he seems to be supporting obama's policies.

Location hidden

#169856 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>Women in general voted D last year, because the R's kept telling us we aren't people...only corporations, men, and fetuses are people, according to R's... but according to D's, women are people too.
Dumbed down enough for ya, Texas?
It's dumb enough, just not very accurate.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#169857 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti-government Tea Party... where'd you get that nonsense from?
Are you still beating your wife?

Location hidden

#169858 Oct 11, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>1. Obama signed legislation to pay the death benefits to families yesterday in spite of the shutdown.
He didn't have the 'stones' not to sign it. Another one of barry's 'red lines' that he didn't have the backbone to stand behind.

Maybe we should call him pResident earthworm?

Location hidden

#169859 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still beating your wife?
Another one of Catcher's 'informative responses'. Cornered you again, counselor.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#169860 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one of Catcher's 'informative responses'. Cornered you again, counselor.
Lol.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#169861 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't have the 'stones' not to sign it. Another one of barry's 'red lines' that he didn't have the backbone to stand behind.
Maybe we should call him pResident earthworm?
Heard today he lives at the spite house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min ImPeach 26,491
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,823
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min Jake999 619,750
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 53 min Johnny 40
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr arrr 985,713
Why some in the south tower got what they had c... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web