Bush is a hero
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#169822 Oct 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NO interest in staging a rebuttal for someone hell-bent determined to demonize one side of congress over the other. They are BOTH guilty as sin and you freakin' know it.
You also like to remind some of the older posters once in a blue moon, that the liberal label you've been unfairly branded with is somewhat silly.
But somewhere along the dirt road, you traded idologies regardless
of yer original registration. I really don't care much why that happened, but since it did, you'll just have to wear the colors that you fly like it or not.
indeed and well said.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#169823 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but in my view, your guys have been engaging in government by tantrum.
What a gas. You support and are on record of being proud of a man child that doesn't do anything better than throw tantrums.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#169824 Oct 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer fulla rat feces just like your mentor.
People were for the ACA because it was their king's signature
centerpiece. Now that it's been altered and rolled out, folks are finding out the only ACA truth boasted by Obama was the short paragraph about pre-existing conditions. All the rest were LIES!
Ins companies are notifying the populace that with the new law, present coverage will not be acceptable. Therefore premiums are doubling and tripling.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield just made such a notification to a father with 6 kids. His current premium went from $437 a month to $1335 a month. And that's not an isolated case either. Republicans wanted to fund the gov't to avoid a shutdown, minus Obamacare. But king Obama and the Sheriff of Nottingham (Harry Reid) were not about to give in to the opposition right OR wrong.
The government is gonna pick up a share of that cost increase though BB. I wonder how much?$900.00? I doubt it. And can we afford it? How many families of 6 are out there? And what does that do to the wages, when employers have to start paying that increase. I see that employment benefit falling by the wayside adding millions of people to Obamacare, where the Gov will have to pay a part of the premiums.

I just dont see how we can afford it.

Affordable Care Act may just be the most misleading name for a bill in the history of American Politics.........
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169825 Oct 11, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NO interest in staging a rebuttal for someone hell-bent determined to demonize one side of congress over the other. They are BOTH guilty as sin and you freakin' know it.
There ya go. It's all relative. That's where you go every time Republicans/Fox/right-wing are blatantly in the wrong. Next time these folks start ranting about IRS/NSA/Benghazi/Scandal du jour you'll be sure to remind them "aw, they all do it," right?

The subject here and now was gov't shutdown and the real harm caused thereby, and the Republicans own it, a paltry few by commission, and the cowardly rest by omission. Dilute as much as necessary to make it palatable but Cruz et al made it crystal clear for the American public to see where the GOP "constituency" loyalties lie. It doesn't have to be this way, I wish it wasn't, but it ain't gonna change until the Republicans stop eating their own and move back toward the center.
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>You also like to remind some of the older posters once in a blue moon, that the liberal label you've been unfairly branded with is somewhat silly.
But somewhere along the dirt road, you traded idologies regardless
of yer original registration. I really don't care much why that happened, but since it did, you'll just have to wear the colors that you fly like it or not.
bob, you kids cut out doll-clothes for us all whether we want them or not so it doesn't much matter what label you think I should have. In the six years I've been here the subject matter has changed, and with it the Sturm und Drang of the right has ramped up to hysterical and irrational levels. In other words, I haven't changed, the political landscape has.

I have and always will lean to the populist side of any question. I have and always will call out self-serving lies and willful ignorance. The only thing that's shifted is merely the target of the lies.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169826 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Take Clementine for example. She may not agree with me, but she respects my views.
Using that logic, jews being hauled off to Auschwitz who didn't agree with Hitler should have respected his views.

A more widely accepted democratic philosophy among people with functioning brains regarding >views< is as follows: We may not agree with the views of others but we respect their right to have them.

I'll send you my bill.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#169827 Oct 11, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go. It's all relative. That's where you go every time Republicans/Fox/right-wing are blatantly in the wrong. Next time these folks start ranting about IRS/NSA/Benghazi/Scandal du jour you'll be sure to remind them "aw, they all do it," right?
The subject here and now was gov't shutdown and the real harm caused thereby, and the Republicans own it, a paltry few by commission, and the cowardly rest by omission. Dilute as much as necessary to make it palatable but Cruz et al made it crystal clear for the American public to see where the GOP "constituency" loyalties lie. It doesn't have to be this way, I wish it wasn't, but it ain't gonna change until the Republicans stop eating their own and move back toward the center.
<quoted text>bob, you kids cut out doll-clothes for us all whether we want them or not so it doesn't much matter what label you think I should have. In the six years I've been here the subject matter has changed, and with it the Sturm und Drang of the right has ramped up to hysterical and irrational levels. In other words, I haven't changed, the political landscape has.
I have and always will lean to the populist side of any question. I have and always will call out self-serving lies and willful ignorance. The only thing that's shifted is merely the target of the lies.
Unless its Obama. Or just about any self serving crap the left spins. It's still true all these years latter, what you are speaks so loudly I can't hear a thing you say.
lisw

Alexandria, VA

#169828 Oct 11, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>bob, you kids cut out doll-clothes for us all whether we want them or not so it doesn't much matter what label you think I should have. In the six years I've been here the subject matter has changed, and with it the Sturm und Drang of the right has ramped up to hysterical and irrational levels. In other words, I haven't changed, the political landscape has.
This is just the most hilarious gobbledygook I've read in a long time. Thanks for the laughter.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#169829 Oct 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is gonna pick up a share of that cost increase though BB. I wonder how much?$900.00? I doubt it. And can we afford it? How many families of 6 are out there? And what does that do to the wages, when employers have to start paying that increase. I see that employment benefit falling by the wayside adding millions of people to Obamacare, where the Gov will have to pay a part of the premiums.
I just dont see how we can afford it.
Affordable Care Act may just be the most misleading name for a bill in the history of American Politics.........
We can't. So the head of the fed has said outright to keep printing money. I meant it as a joke. Don't think she does. Smoke em if you've got em.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169830 Oct 11, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
No! That's where I go everytime YOU seek to cast one side over the other in a bad light. IRS-Benghazi-etc are owned by king Obama.
Past scandals such as the Iran-Contra affair were owned by Reagan.

Your scurrilous reference to "FNN & the right wing" was yet another feeble exercise in mud-slinging outta frustration. Take the blinders off man.
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
bob, you kids cut out doll-clothes for us all whether we want them or not so it doesn't much matter what label you think I should have. In the six years I've been here the subject matter has changed, and with it the Sturm und Drang of the right has ramped up to hysterical and irrational levels. In other words, I haven't changed, the political landscape has.
Hysterical & irrational levels? Well perhaps you're content to sit in the comfortable lounge chair on deck, smoking a pipe and sipping brandy while the Titanic goes down.

But I'm looking for the captain because there's a necktie party being given in his honor, and I'd like to make sure he's "present"!

And all of have freedom of speech in here, you can "call out" whatever ya like. Ain't America grand?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#169831 Oct 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Using that logic, jews being hauled off to Auschwitz who didn't agree with Hitler should have respected his views.
Very good, Lyndi. Bring up Hitler.

All I can say to that is---Godwin's law.

And coincidentally, your pal bad bob wrote this about me:

"Worthless trolls like you should be exterminated....Yer peers will be the ultimate judge, jury and possible executioner."

Really? Exterminated?

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#169832 Oct 11, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>This is just the most hilarious gobbledygook I've read in a long time. Thanks for the laughter.
Have another laugh:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A group representing America’s hostage-takers today blasted President Obama for his repeated comparisons between them and the Tea Party Republicans, calling his remarks “degrading and hurtful.”

The complaint came from the National Alliance of Hostage-Takers and Blackmailers, a watchdog group that monitors negative images of extortionists in the media.

“As professional hostage-takers, we never take hostages unless we have a well-thought-out plan, realistic demands, and a clear exit strategy,” read the group’s official statement.“Any comparison between what we do and these inane Tea Party antics are derogatory and unacceptable.”

The statement continued,“For years, our members have been subjected to offensive Hollywood stereotypes of hostage-takers as crazed madmen, cackling evildoers, and worse. The President’s hurtful remarks only reinforce those negative images.”

Later in the day, White House press spokesman Jay Carney offered an apology to the group:“As you can imagine, in the heat of a crisis we often say things we don’t mean. The President regrets any hurt his remarks may have caused.”

Mr. Carney said that in order to avoid offending other groups in the future, the President would resist the temptation to call the Tea Party Republicans terrorists, lunatics, or babies.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169833 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose you can post a link that supports that "a bunch MORE Americans were 'overwhelmingly' FOR it" statement, can you?
On November 4, 2008, Obama won the election, on a platform which showcased Obamacare. Obamacare legislation passed both houses of Congress, and was upheld by the Supreme Court. If you need a link, I'm sure you can find one.
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
After the majority Democrat Party passed obamacare without a single Republican vote in the House and Senate, the Republican Party cleaned house in the 2010 election. They not only lost a huge number of seats in the House, they also lost their 60 seat majority in the Senate.
Get ready, because that scenario is going to do a 180 next year.
This shutdown thing has ruined any chance of re-election for the 40 bozos who orchestrated it, and will result in a HUGE backlash against their 'party' in 2014 elections nationwide.
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Along with the massive losses in the U.S. Congress, Democrats lost hundreds upon hundreds of state seats and seated 30 Republican Governors. Not listening to the majority of the voters dearly cost the Democrat Party... and still is.
But their guy is still sitting in that office chair...and it doesn't look like the Presidency will be held by a Republican again in my lifetime or yours.
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
No Sis, there was no "bunch MORE Americans were 'overwhelmingly' FOR it." American voters supporting obamacare have always been in the minority.
Gee, can you 'link' me to that information, or should I just take your word for it, Tex??
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169834 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, Lyndi. Bring up Hitler.
All I can say to that is---Godwin's law.
And coincidentally, your pal bad bob wrote this about me:
"Worthless trolls like you should be exterminated....Yer peers will be the ultimate judge, jury and possible executioner."
Really? Exterminated?
Pulling Godwin's law out because you can't rebut my post is bs but here, take this one instead.
==
Using that logic, Africans being hauled off into slavery who didn't agree with their captor, should have respected his views.
==
I trust you don't a fallacious law to deflect that one.

And there's nothing wrong with exterminating pests and if bothers you so much Mr. Wienie you have options. You can leave the forum permanently and take your trolling elsewhere, you can go tell the teacher or do what you normally do; go back to your home base and holler for help.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169835 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have another laugh:
Obama's approval ratings are at 37%
Laugh on, DUDE!

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#169836 Oct 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pulling Godwin's law out because you can't rebut my post is bs but here, take this one instead.
==
Using that logic, Africans being hauled off into slavery who didn't agree with their captor, should have respected his views.
==
I trust you don't a fallacious law to deflect that one.
And there's nothing wrong with exterminating pests and if bothers you so much Mr. Wienie you have options. You can leave the forum permanently and take your trolling elsewhere, you can go tell the teacher or do what you normally do; go back to your home base and holler for help.
Thanks for the retraction. I accept your apology.

Hey, what's the latest on the Republican Party civil war?

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#169837 Oct 11, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Laugh on, DUDE!
How's the Republican Party polling?

See the Associated Press poll?

Let's see you (and the bobs, and any other "conservatives" here) spin it.

Are you winning?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169838 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey, what's the latest on the Republican Party civil war?
Right now the moderate republican representatives are in the big legislative toilet with the democrat representatives and the POTUS. Last I heard, they're all trying to crawl out and if they can do that, they gonna join ranks and go after the Tea Party members who pushed them all in the toilet to begin with.
NEWS - FLASH

San Antonio, TX

#169839 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How's the Republican Party polling?
See the Associated Press poll?
Let's see you (and the bobs, and any other "conservatives" here) spin it.
Are you winning?
There are no and will be no winners C1.
The family's dysfunctional.
The custody battle is irreconcilable.
Congress is topix.
The Senate is topix.

Hope your house is paid off and you have some cash buried under that certain fence post.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169840 Oct 11, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
"We can't win." -John McCain's battle cry.
I suppose in the surrender wing's eyes, it's better to give up to obama and the Democrats before even trying to win. That way they don't ever run the risk of failing... or any chance of success.
Word has it support for the ACA has risen 7 points since Cruz began this experiment. People are so disgusted with the Tea Party, they've decided to go pro Obamacare, in protest of this shutdown mess..
I don't know if that's true or not. MSNBC reported it. Tea Party had better hope not.
===
Winning, bobin, shouldn't involve political suicide. You're not supposed to lop off a couple of your own limbs and decapitate yourself to make your point heard.
Cruz failed to defund Obamacare. And he didn't fail just a little, bobin, he failed BIG. The damage he did to the GOP I think is horrific & whether it's fixable remains to be seen but right now it's simply awful and you can pretend to be proud as punch that Cruz 'represented his constituents' but he neglected to inform his constituents that if he failed, he'd leave this flipping mess in his wake.

McCain and others had hoped to delay Obamcare and he had a pretty good plan set up to do just that. As predicted, Obamacare rolled out and crashed just as the debt ceiling talks were to begin. I think they planned to negotiate a delay on Obamacare and use that as a bargaining chip in the debt ceiling talks, win in 2014 and then work to repeal the whole damn thing.
That plan I think is all washed up in lieu of the events which Cruz insisted on but we'll see.
And McCain didn't surrender, bobin. He just didn't feel like flying off a cliff like Cruz did. Little did he know, he'd get dragged along for the ride.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#169841 Oct 11, 2013
NEWS - FLASH wrote:
<quoted text>There are no and will be no winners C1.
The family's dysfunctional.
The custody battle is irreconcilable.
Congress is topix.
The Senate is topix.
Hope your house is paid off and you have some cash buried under that certain fence post.
I'm fortunate that my financial affairs are in good order, as the result of hard work, planning for the future, and sound (or lucky?) investment decisions.

At the macro level, I remain optimistic about the country's economic prospects, while bemoaning the horrible influence of the anti-government Tea Partiers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min exposingdolts 30,807
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Tellthetruth 987,234
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 687,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Say the Truth 286,541
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 7 hr LG Sucks 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Here For Now 619,789
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 11 hr clayvligon 2
More from around the web