Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169758 Oct 10, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose it would add unwanted balance to your "story" if you added that a veteran's march was also cleared for this weekend. Both fit under the heading of a First Amendment protest, which cannot be denied, in spite of the Republican government shutdown.
Somebody somewhere along the line might also mention that this gratuitous image of the veteran's "struggle to gain access" past "barriers" involved taking down some yellow tape and moving some lightweight portable fence. No one was removed, no one was cited or arrested, no one was harrassed - well, except for the poor Park Service employee who patiently endured the cameras-rolling harangue of a Congressman who, incidentally, just voted to shut down the government.
It wasn't my story. It was a story from USA Today.
==

Appearances matter, Hip and if you'd take just an objective gander at appearances, and if you can control yourself from being a run of the mill, Nathan Hale I only regret I have but one life to give to Obama, democrat for a minute and just be a plain old American, you might get it.
Putting up a piece of SCOTCH TAPE in front of the WW11 memorial would have been too much. It was a disgusting piece of theatre and I don't care how easily it was taken down. It was grossly offensive, it was wrenching and it was unnecessarily ordered by some goon in the OBAMA administration. Or maybe even the head goon.

And then we have Senorita Pelosiovich across the way donning a sombrero and yelling ole', screeching about immigration reform at precisely the same moment when Washington, DC is breaking apart in front of our eyes and being awarded a 5% approval rating. That is same Washington, DC I might remind you, that OBAMA promised he had the talent to unite and work with and change and bring together. He was the gifted messiah who had the power to stop the bickering and fighting and stalmates. Remember? How'd that work out from where you're sitting? Because from where I'm sitting, that unrelenting fool did nothing but exacerbate the tension is DC, the whole world is watching dumbfounded and guess what? Appearances matter there too.
Again, I don't care if a popsicle stick was used to block off the memorial to drive home the point that the government was shut down. It was unncessary, it was vicious politiking democrat style and it had OBAMA written all over it.

And as far as the million veteran march being cleared for this weekend? That's amusing. I'm pretty confident they would come-a-marching without clearance.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169759 Oct 10, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Ted Cruz.
Think Ted Cruz? The fire starter? No thanks, I'd rather not. Among other things, I'm not a fan of the, "I have no strategy," plan. I'm also not a fan because ever since this whole thing started, the GOP numbers which were going up, are now going down.

Hey, maybe that was his strategy!
Good job, Ted!

lol

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169760 Oct 10, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism? We haven't seen this type of "capitalism" since the 1920s, which just happens to be the same decade that last saw the present day's wealth disparity between the royals and the serfs. Where's the Magna Carta when you need it?
They've certainly bit off more than they can comfortably chew on this one. The only question is will they spit some out, force it down, or choke on it.
Yeppers...

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169762 Oct 10, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Since Romney got a million MORE votes than McCain did, and cut the margin of loss in half, I'd say the notion that Romney lost because of lack of support from 'the base' is pretty laughable.
Are you implying that Presidential Candidate John McCain was a good choice for the Republicans, and that he maximized the amount of conservative/Republican votes? That's laughable.

I believe obama received about 10 million less votes in 2012 than he did in 2008, and still the Republicans couldn't come up with a candidate that was acceptable enough to draw enough of their base to the polls to defeat him.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169763 Oct 10, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Really smart women wouldn't have been the ones voting for obama and government dependence.
My reply wasn't clear. My fault.
What I should have written was: "It's inappropriate in this day and age to suggest that perhaps women; smart, stupid or somewhere in the middle vote a particular way because they are insecure and don't have a husband to take care of them."

Didn't guys like you go extinct awhile back?

Location hidden

#169764 Oct 10, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My vote for Obama's first term failed to result in, or from, a lessening of my intelligence, thank you very much. My vote against his second was vastly disappointing. His willingness to trash the Constitution with the NDAA, rather than even chipping away at its progenitor, the Patriot Act, crashed and dashed any hopes I had that he would prove he was a good guy once he got power.
I didn't vote Obama the first time because I wanted to depend on the government for 'free stuff', Tex. I want to be able to depend on the People's government, to recognize me as one of the People, even when I'm pregnant. Pregnancy does NOT make me a ward of the state, and that's where the Republican party was headed in the 2008 election. They proceeded to double down on furthering this goal in the 2012 primaries, and somehow we STILL lost Rocky Anderson to Romney. I simply don't like how this happened...but I wasn't going to vote for the democratic senator from Chicago again... it didn't work for me the first time.
:)
The voters didn't know obama in 2008, they did in 2012, and that's probably why he received less votes. He talked a good game in 2008, and fooled many voters, but by 2012 millions of his 2008 voters realized he didn't walk the talk. That's why he ramped up government dependents, and jumped on the amnesty, handouts and gay rights bandwagons.

Location hidden

#169765 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>I can hear you now: "Bring back tests for voter qualification, and the poll tax....Harrumph...."
Obviously, voter qualifications were not a requirement, nor will they ever be... case in point, obama and many Democrats got re-elected, even though they forced obamacare on voters that were overwhelmingly against it.

Poll taxes are unconstitutional. Are those your best examples?

I prefer the show us your picture I.D. method, so that poll watchers will know you're a citizen entitled to vote, and that you're voting in the proper location.

Location hidden

#169766 Oct 10, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Ted Cruz? The fire starter? No thanks, I'd rather not. Among other things, I'm not a fan of the, "I have no strategy," plan. I'm also not a fan because ever since this whole thing started, the GOP numbers which were going up, are now going down.
Hey, maybe that was his strategy!
Good job, Ted!
lol
It bothers me not that the surrender wing of the Republican Party is losing support. It's about time that the 'old guard, big government' GOP types get replaced by folks that will represent their constituent's wishes.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169767 Oct 10, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text> Even so, I think it was the centrists who quietly eased him to the forefront, but then after he committed gaffe after gaffe, by November many stayed home in disgust.
You really are a one man band. It's amazing. Truly.
Gaffs are only a "disgusting" problem for you and other 'vote democrat or die' voters, when they're coming out of the mouths of the republican oppositon.
When VP Biden, 2nd in command of this country, heir to throne, aka The Gaffmaster Extraordinaire has to be hidden away and given a gag order to shut him up by the POTUS, you guys are always out of town.

Two things you should probably be grateful for.
If the election were held today, Obama with his 39+-% approval rating would lose to handily to Romney and ObamaCare would be on it's way to the glue factory.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#169768 Oct 10, 2013
WAAAAAY!! WAAAAAYYYYY!! UK! UK! ENGLAND FOR THA ENGLISH!! AN IF YA CARNT EAR US, WELL AVE' ANATHA LARGAAAAAHHH!! WE'RE AVIN A LAUGH SO AVE ANATHA HALF!! oh yes

Location hidden

#169769 Oct 10, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
My reply wasn't clear. My fault.
What I should have written was: "It's inappropriate in this day and age to suggest that perhaps women; smart, stupid or somewhere in the middle vote a particular way because they are insecure and don't have a husband to take care of them."
I guess I wasn't too clear either...

Married women, those with husbands, voted for Romney and personal responsibility. But single women, those without husbands, voted for obama and government dependency. Did the single women feel insecure in their ability to be independent? The key difference between the two voting groups... a husband.
Lyndi wrote:
Didn't guys like you go extinct awhile back?
Not hardly. There are still many of us out there that feel that our primary responsibly is to take care of our families, and not the governments. Unfortunately, too many folks today think that it's the responsibility of the government to take care of them... and obama is more than willing to have them dependent on him.

Location hidden

#169770 Oct 10, 2013
Glad I don't live in America
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169771 Oct 10, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
It bothers me not that the surrender wing of the Republican Party is losing support. It's about time that the 'old guard, big government' GOP types get replaced by folks that will represent their constituent's wishes.
The constituents wanted THIS? I don't believe that for a minute. What they wanted was the unrealistic defunding of Obamacare and how's that working out for you? I haven't even heard the words DEFUND OBAMACARE in the last several days. All I'm seeing is an Animal House of Representatives throwing a whole bunch of stuff against a wall hoping something sticks.

Location hidden

#169772 Oct 10, 2013
...I LIVE IN THE HOME OF THE GATTERED!!! WE SOLVE OUR POLITICS WIV A GOOD OLD FASHIONED FUICKIN SCRAP!
onemale

Pana, IL

#169773 Oct 10, 2013
Bush has blood on his hands from millions.
There is an extra hot place in Hell with Bush's name on it.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169774 Oct 10, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying that Presidential Candidate John McCain was a good choice for the Republicans, and that he maximized the amount of conservative/Republican votes? That's laughable.
I believe obama received about 10 million less votes in 2012 than he did in 2008, and still the Republicans couldn't come up with a candidate that was acceptable enough to draw enough of their base to the polls to defeat him.
Actually, it was about 3.5 million less votes for Obama in '12 compared to '08.

So ... to recap ... the Democrat got 3.5 million FEWER votes in '12, the Republican got 5 million MORE votes in '12, and the Republicans still couldn't win.

You keep talking about the base of the Republican party, but I don't think the party base is sufficient for victory for EITHER party. Presidential elections are won in the center, among the roughly 20% of the electorate who can't be counted as dependable votes for either party from one election to the next.

Lafayette IN

#169775 Oct 10, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I wasn't too clear either...
Married women, those with husbands, voted for Romney and personal responsibility. But single women, those without husbands, voted for obama and government dependency. Did the single women feel insecure in their ability to be independent? The key difference between the two voting groups... a husband.
I think this should be a Republican campaign slogan.

San Francisco, CA

#169776 Oct 10, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think this should be a Republican campaign slogan.
They already lost both feet.

Where can they shoot themselves now?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169777 Oct 10, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think this should be a Republican campaign slogan.
You mean it isn't??

Lafayette IN

#169778 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>You mean it isn't??
It does almost seem that way, doesn't it?

The problem for Republican candidates is to excite people who don't see anything wrong with "single women voted for Obama because they don't have husbands so they want the government to take care of them" and still stay in contact with the center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Charlie Sheen 272,103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 855,924
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 596,705
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min ChristineM 444,368
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 23 min I am virgin 291
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr The_Box 1,082
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ricky F 53,431
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Epiphany2 612,656
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 hr winthanga 7,341
More from around the web