Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169727 Oct 9, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I asked you several questions about Republicans, which (though you continue to proclaim you're an 'independent') seems to be the major political party you agree with most often.
Seriously, you've seen my positions, how could I ever support free spending Democrats. Republicans are far from perfect, but they're a lot closer to my views than Democrats. Besides, the Tea Party is working steadily to push out 'big government' Republicans, and I'm all for that, as I am a Tea Party conservative, and an Independent... and that's who I agree with.
You declined to answer any of them. Which is, of course, your prerogative.
I was simply making note of it.
Would you please link me to your message, since I don't have any idea where it is, or when it was posted.

I don't normally ignore those challenges, and I don't remember seeing it.

Location hidden

#169728 Oct 9, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, BB. A year's delay in full implementation, while those who want to register still can, and in the meantime the government is fully funded and everybody's happy!
Or ought to be. That would be an eminently reasonable compromise. So the question is, why aren't Obama and Reid happy to accept?
I think I know, but it's late. However, I keep thinking of a phrase my dad uses to describe the kind of attitude Obama is displaying: "He's gonna take his ball and go home!"
And I remember one from childhood: "Well, if we're not gonna play MY way, then I'm not gonna play!" Sounds about right, doesn't it?
40 more months of this jerk and his jerkettes :P
As buggy as the obamacare software and site are, I'd be very cautious about posting my personal information on it. A five year old hacker can probably hack into it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169729 Oct 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I found her choice of words interesting in that interview.
She told Stewart everyone w/o insurance needs to sign up, then went on to say: "the good news is that you dont have to buy it right away".
I wonder why she considers that good news? Of course you dont have to buy it right away, just within the next 3 months.
Yeah and I also heard the ACA website (or one of those used to sign up) is having some sort of tech problems. People wanting to get thru can't even log on to the freakin' site.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169730 Oct 9, 2013
<quoted text>Gloves off, Bobin.
What does the 'quintessential Republican' look like?
Where do you envision the Republican party in five years?
How many of 'Us Gals' do you see voting 'R' in the next Presidential election?(And will that be pro-active, or reactive?)
And why?
This one, Texas.#619400.

:)
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#169731 Oct 9, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Immigration rally allowed on Mall despite shutdown
USA TODAY 1:28 p.m. EDT October 8, 2013
WASHINGTON — "A week after World War II veterans struggled to gain access to a memorial on the National Mall due to the government's partial shutdown, thousands of people pushing for a new immigration law have been cleared by the government to proceed with a concert and rally Tuesday on the Mall.
The march, dubbed the "Camino Americano", or "American Road," is hosted by groups including the Service Employees International Union and Casa de Maryland. The rally will feature speeches by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and other members of Congress. Another highlight will be a concert by the Mexican band Los Tigres del Norte."
Taco, anyone?
==
If there is a democrat on here, who considering the current political climate can explain how this move was intended to do anything but pi$$ people off, I'd like to hear it.
I see nobody gave an answer. I am thankful that many people are finding work arounds. We had an honor flight of www 2 vets that left our coast guard base yesterday to tour the memorial in DC. It's sick how the slime are doing all they can to inflict pain for political gain.

Location hidden

#169732 Oct 9, 2013
<quoted text>This one, Texas.#619400.
:)
169400?

I'm glad I didn't try to find it... it was about 15 pages back.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...
Gloves off, Bobin.
What does the 'quintessential Republican' look like?
Currently, many look a lot like right leaning Democrats, but with a whole lot of religious views interfering with their judgment. Their main priority... getting themselves re-elected, not representing the folks that sent them to Washington. Poster boy... John McCain.
Where do you envision the Republican party in five years?
I HOPE that in five years there are a lot more Rand Paul types in the Republican Party. Folks that are in Washington to represent their constituents as their first priority, and are not afraid to do what's right for this country, not what will get them re-elected. We should know by the end of 2014 if the voters want that type of Republican, or the 'old guard, big government' Republicans that we currently have.

I love it that Mitch McConnell already has a primary opponent, and I hope John Cornyn soon will... but it is hard to unseat an incumbent.
How many of 'Us Gals' do you see voting 'R' in the next Presidential election?(And will that be pro-active, or reactive?)
And why?
Predicting how women will vote is not my forte. Having the majority of married women supporting Romney and personal independence didn't surprise me, but having a majority of single women voting for obama and dependence on government programs floored me. Maybe it's an insecurity thing, no hubby to take care of them, so they vote for the government to do it.

Paul

Zephyrhills, FL

#169733 Oct 9, 2013
Bush may not be a Hero but Obama is an Incompetent Idiot for sure
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169734 Oct 9, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
... as I am a Tea Party conservative, and an Independent.
<quoted text>
Okay, my curisoity got the best of me. What exactly is a Tea Party conservative and an independent?

Location hidden

#169735 Oct 9, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
169400?
I'm glad I didn't try to find it... it was about 15 pages back.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T2LK4SO...
<quoted text>
Currently, many look a lot like right leaning Democrats, but with a whole lot of religious views interfering with their judgment. Their main priority... getting themselves re-elected, not representing the folks that sent them to Washington. Poster boy... John McCain.
<quoted text>
I HOPE that in five years there are a lot more Rand Paul types in the Republican Party. Folks that are in Washington to represent their constituents as their first priority, and are not afraid to do what's right for this country, not what will get them re-elected. We should know by the end of 2014 if the voters want that type of Republican, or the 'old guard, big government' Republicans that we currently have.
I love it that Mitch McConnell already has a primary opponent, and I hope John Cornyn soon will... but it is hard to unseat an incumbent.
<quoted text>
Predicting how women will vote is not my forte. Having the majority of married women supporting Romney and personal independence didn't surprise me, but having a majority of single women voting for obama and dependence on government programs floored me. Maybe it's an insecurity thing, no hubby to take care of them, so they vote for the government to do it.
I appreciate your response. However, single women know contraceptives contribute to personal independence, and that they, not the government, will be held responsible for the well-being of any children they bring into the world...hence they consider access to contraception to be very important, and would prefer ALL women to have said access, than not. If the health care law was the deciding factor, more single women decided to keep contraceptives on the table, rather than deny access to women who were at risk of losing it under the Republican.... plan.

(Whatever that is...)

Just a guess...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#169736 Oct 9, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and I also heard the ACA website (or one of those used to sign up) is having some sort of tech problems. People wanting to get thru can't even log on to the freakin' site.
Have you ever heard from Higgins BB?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169737 Oct 9, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't ever say that last sentence outloud in a roomful of really smart women.
If you want to live, that is.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169738 Oct 9, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard some people couldn't log OFF. How creepy is that!
lol-

The exact cost to build Healthcare.gov , according to U.S. government records, appears to have been $634,320,919, which we paid to a company called CGI Federal. The company originally won the contract back in 2011. The cost was expected to be about $93.7 million.
That ended up about right for a democrat government run program. They were off by about 540 million dollars and it doesn't work.

Location hidden

#169739 Oct 9, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
We lost the last election because a huge number of the base didn't show up. Republicans?
The folks you're calling 'the base' were the centrists, apparently - centrists were the only ones whose skin crawled at the idea of Romney, and whose gorge rose with the idea of Obama. So yeah, they stayed home.

The BASE is disgusted with both extremes. That's friggin' OBVIOUS.

The base of the 'Tea Party' has one of those extreme philosophies that makes a lot of us itch... namely, that the role of government is strictly to support commerce, and the physical health, education, and welfare of the nation, is strictly up to individuals. Which would be fine, if the economy was supported by everyone in the country working to their potential, and being compensated accordingly.

That just isn't the case.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169740 Oct 9, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Immigration rally allowed on Mall despite shutdown
USA TODAY 1:28 p.m. EDT October 8, 2013
WASHINGTON — "A week after World War II veterans struggled to gain access to a memorial on the National Mall due to the government's partial shutdown, thousands of people pushing for a new immigration law have been cleared by the government to proceed with a concert and rally Tuesday on the Mall.
The march, dubbed the "Camino Americano", or "American Road," is hosted by groups including the Service Employees International Union and Casa de Maryland. The rally will feature speeches by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and other members of Congress. Another highlight will be a concert by the Mexican band Los Tigres del Norte."
Taco, anyone?
==
If there is a democrat on here, who considering the current political climate can explain how this move was intended to do anything but pi$$ people off, I'd like to hear it.
I suppose it would add unwanted balance to your "story" if you added that a veteran's march was also cleared for this weekend. Both fit under the heading of a First Amendment protest, which cannot be denied, in spite of the Republican government shutdown.

Somebody somewhere along the line might also mention that this gratuitous image of the veteran's "struggle to gain access" past "barriers" involved taking down some yellow tape and moving some lightweight portable fence. No one was removed, no one was cited or arrested, no one was harrassed - well, except for the poor Park Service employee who patiently endured the cameras-rolling harangue of a Congressman who, incidentally, just voted to shut down the government.

In other words, just more futile attempts at political theater to draw attention from the fact that these idiots think governing is a game, and the people are just props and pawns.

Yer gonna will have to continue to carry their water alone, since the message coming out of the Beltway today showed a definite shrinking back from their misfire, and individuals already laying the groundwork for distancing themselves from the disgraced shutdown crowd.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#169741 Oct 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard from Higgins BB?
No but I believe he's on Facebook. I'm not, but you can try it if you are.

Location hidden

#169742 Oct 9, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, my curisoity got the best of me. What exactly is a Tea Party conservative and an independent?
I don't belong to any party, although I lean mostly towards Libertarian beliefs, with the exception of legalizing drugs and isolationism.

The Tea Party believes in fiscal responsibility, personal responsibility, the Constitution, and doing what's best for our country. However, the Tea Party is not real big on pushing their social beliefs off on others. That's why I can be against abortion and at the same time be adamantly pro choice.

Think Ted Cruz.

Location hidden

#169743 Oct 9, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What I think is funny is that nobody in the administration seems to know how many folks have actually signed up for any of the obamacare health insurance programs. You know that's B.S., if the numbers were good, they'd be bragging.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#169744 Oct 9, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose it would add unwanted balance to your "story" if you added that a veteran's march was also cleared for this weekend. Both fit under the heading of a First Amendment protest, which cannot be denied, in spite of the Republican government shutdown.
Yeah yeah yeah. You fail to mention the Republicans were originally attempting to stop Obamacare in its tracks, as many of its consituents demanded.

When that failed, R's came back not too long ago and asked Obama to negotiate just the individual mandate. But his highness was already wincing over Syria, and claimed he was afraid that once the individual mandate was suspended, he may never get it back.

He may've been more correct that he knew. Because by then, the 2014 elections would be near, and he couldn't take a chance on
losing the Senate majority.

However, all of his childish gov't facility closing, and unwillingness to talk with the opposition, is gradually rearing its ugly head.

Hagel had refused payment to 6 families of war vets killed overseas until the backlash snapped Hagel off his chair. A private firm stepped in to pay the money to these families, but Hagel finally saw the light, and decided he'd better relent and reimburse the private org.

Obama's approval rating is at its lowest (37%), and I'm glad to see
many D's now getting nervous about the unintended consequences of the king's continiued obstinance.

That translates to votes in 2014, and NOTHING would be finer that to turn Barack back into a frog for his final 2 years.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169745 Oct 9, 2013
<quoted text>The folks you're calling 'the base' were the centrists, apparently - centrists were the only ones whose skin crawled at the idea of Romney, and whose gorge rose with the idea of Obama. So yeah, they stayed home.

The BASE is disgusted with both extremes. That's friggin' OBVIOUS.

The base of the 'Tea Party' has one of those extreme philosophies that makes a lot of us itch... namely, that the role of government is strictly to support commerce, and the physical health, education, and welfare of the nation, is strictly up to individuals. Which would be fine, if the economy was supported by everyone in the country working to their potential, and being compensated accordingly.
That just isn't the case.
Well said, right on. You point out clearly that what so many like to call the base is none other than the vocal tail who unfortunately have been wagging the dog. In other words "the base" nowadays mean nothing more than "me and those that agree with me".

I'd only add that centrists weren't the only ones dissatisfied with Romney. Recall that those leaning GOP went pinballing from one candidate to another - several of whom were blatantly no more interested than how it boosted their book sales - and the allegiance changed by the week. The left were about the only ones warning about the corrosive effects of the Citizens United decision, so naturally, the right had to be for it, since reaction seems to be a platform plank. To this day they refuse to confront that CU has helped to create this very chaos in their own party. Largely because of all those extremist right ad-buys, the party in general wanted someone/anyone other than Romney. Even so, I think it was the centrists who quietly eased him to the forefront, but then after he committed gaffe after gaffe, by November many stayed home in disgust.

But TXbob wants a little too much mileage out of that lemon, "we lost 'cos the base stayed home. As I said before, almost four times as many Democrats stayed home as Republicans. And Obama still won. To this day the are still grasping at every self-pleasuring toy they can find rather than confront what is wrong with their party.

Location hidden

#169746 Oct 9, 2013
<quoted text>I appreciate your response. However, single women know contraceptives contribute to personal independence, and that they, not the government, will be held responsible for the well-being of any children they bring into the world...hence they consider access to contraception to be very important, and would prefer ALL women to have said access, than not. If the health care law was the deciding factor, more single women decided to keep contraceptives on the table, rather than deny access to women who were at risk of losing it under the Republican.... plan.
(Whatever that is...)
Just a guess...
It's sad to think that single women gave us santabama just so they could get their government handouts, and fall into the government dependency trap.

http://thelifeofjulia.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Truth-be-Told 87,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 665,112
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 13 min Caesar 5
The Future of Politics in America 32 min Rider on the Storm 164
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 37 min Peter Ross 444
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 284,467
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr Al Capone 3,380
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web