Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169709 Oct 8, 2013
Aware wrote:
G.W.Bush is guilty of crimes against humanity and would be facing prosecution if this were a just world.
Says an anonymous voice from the penal colony.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#169710 Oct 8, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Budget negotiation ceases to be so when one party holds a fiscal gun to the nation's head and says he won't budge until his demands are met. Then it becomes a hostage situation.
Besides, negotiation implies good-faith give and take. What has Boehner offered, besides a national budget?
What's wrong with allowing a one year grace period for individual
mandate same as Obama offered to corporations?

Kathleen Sebelius told Jon Stewart we already have that. All they have to do is pay the fine. Corporations have no fines attached.

Also, the king has allegedly altered the original ACA law 19 times
since it was passed. If so, anything goes when yer the supreme ruler.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#169711 Oct 8, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>

Kathleen Sebelius told Jon Stewart we already have that. All they have to do is pay the fine. Corporations have no fines attached.
Well said, BB. A year's delay in full implementation, while those who want to register still can, and in the meantime the government is fully funded and everybody's happy!

Or ought to be. That would be an eminently reasonable compromise. So the question is, why aren't Obama and Reid happy to accept?

I think I know, but it's late. However, I keep thinking of a phrase my dad uses to describe the kind of attitude Obama is displaying: "He's gonna take his ball and go home!"

And I remember one from childhood: "Well, if we're not gonna play MY way, then I'm not gonna play!" Sounds about right, doesn't it?

40 more months of this jerk and his jerkettes :P
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169712 Oct 8, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're referring to the original point about "compromise", what's wrong is holding the entire nation hostage for a one-year grace period for individuals.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169713 Oct 8, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, BB. A year's delay in full implementation, while those who want to register still can, and in the meantime the government is fully funded and everybody's happy!
Or ought to be. That would be an eminently reasonable compromise. So the question is, why aren't Obama and Reid happy to accept?
I think I know, but it's late. However, I keep thinking of a phrase my dad uses to describe the kind of attitude Obama is displaying: "He's gonna take his ball and go home!"
And I remember one from childhood: "Well, if we're not gonna play MY way, then I'm not gonna play!" Sounds about right, doesn't it?
Of course I think you've got it backwards. Boehner has offered >nothing< for compromise. In that light he is the one taking the budget ball and going home.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169714 Oct 9, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't come back!
Welcome back bob!(Last I heard, you were packing your bags, and hittin' the ol' Topix highway.) Glad to see you changed your mind...

:)
Lost In Transition

United States

#169715 Oct 9, 2013
THE DRIFTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeppers!
Noppers!
Yeppers!
Yeppers!
Nice chattin with ya!
Just stopped in for a spell because I noticed in the Top Stories Summary at the bottom of the page that you posted to this forum and wanted to say hey.
I’ve always enjoyed your stuff and often strive to see things with your sense of humor and perspective. You almost never cease to put the grin where that ole' grin belongs.
Osmosis Amoeba!
d
It was great to see you, Drifter. I've appreciated the chance to talk with you. As always. Tell the family LIT says hey.
Hasta.....
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169716 Oct 9, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, McConnell. Perhaps because he views the tp and others on the right the way you seem to? Go to the blaze to see what a source reported he said. It should also be noted McConnell and an aide are saying outright this is false. I doubt that very much. Beck is quite good at research.
So in order to continue this line of conversation, you're suugesting I go to The Blaze to find something that some source has reported McConnell and an aide said regarding subject matter which you haven't specified but claim is false because Beck is good at research.
I have a better idea. How about YOU go to The Blaze find what it is you want me to look at and post it. Going on a scavenger hunt at The Blaze not knowing what I'm looking for seems a little futile to me.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169718 Oct 9, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
:P
Because Obamacare would fail. And that is not an option for them.
==
I think to get rid of the individual mandate, it has to be done the old fashioned James Madison way. Vote out the opposition in the senate in 2014. I cannot envison those who support the ACA to ever delay the individual mandate for a year because without the individual mandate, it has nothing to sustain it. It requires an enormous amount of participants to succeed.

Obama knows this thing isn't popular and people aren't falling all over themselves to go buy it, so it stands to reason the individual mandate cannot be negotiable or the ACA would be dead in the water. Why would he go for that? The mandate has become the cornerstone of the law. Without voluntary purchasing en masse, it's the only way to put enough money in the system to make it work.

Obama's huge rookie mistake imo was to ever delay it for a select few. It was a stupid move from a stupid man. You cannot hand out a pass to some and not expect everyone who hates this thing to ask for a pass too without be named hypocritical and and accused of showing political favoritism. "If they can have a pass for a year why can't we," is a simple question but a very, very hard one to answer. What can he say? "I have to force you to buy this thing you hate because if I don't force you, you won't buy it and then it will fail?" That's the truth but he can't say that.

Take back the senate and you can peel away piece after piece of this law through congressional voting and it will collapse. I can't realistically see getting rid of it any other way.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#169719 Oct 9, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I found her choice of words interesting in that interview.

She told Stewart everyone w/o insurance needs to sign up, then went on to say: "the good news is that you dont have to buy it right away".

I wonder why she considers that good news? Of course you dont have to buy it right away, just within the next 3 months.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169720 Oct 9, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I happened to catch Beck on a Cinci radio station. His agenda might be to show how stupid all of this is, it doesn't matter who you blame. He was talking about the closed monuments and said that they closed Mt Rushmore and had to buy a huge curtain so noone could look at it. The curtain cost $750,000,000. Of course it's a joke but it is that stupid and unfortunately those dumb moves are on Obama. Don't need a radio talk host to tell you that.
Another comedy relief suggestion was to coax Mitt Romney back into the limelight, stick him at a podium in front of an Obama approved blocked off national monument, surround him with thousands of cheering former supporters and have him pull a Reagan.

"Mr. Obama, tear down this wall."
==

From a personal standpoint, every day that goes by with Obama at the helm, the enormous mistake this country made by not electing Romney sadly becomes more and more clear. I will never understand that one.

About a year ago, Romney said in a campaign speech: "You know that if the president were to be elected, he would still be unable to work with members of Congress. He’s ignored them, he’s attacked them, he’s blamed them. And of course the debt ceiling is going to come up again, and then there’d be a threat of shutdown or default. And that of course chills the economy, puts more people out of work."

My, my, my
Clearwater

United States

#169721 Oct 9, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
So in order to continue this line of conversation, you're suugesting I go to The Blaze to find something that some source has reported McConnell and an aide said regarding subject matter which you haven't specified but claim is false because Beck is good at research.
I have a better idea. How about YOU go to The Blaze find what it is you want me to look at and post it. Going on a scavenger hunt at The Blaze not knowing what I'm looking for seems a little futile to me.
Cant do it. In order to save money let the Internet go at home. Don't know how to do links. No big deal. Drove by a wreck this morning in Sun City where 3 were killed. Puts things into perspective.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169722 Oct 9, 2013
Immigration rally allowed on Mall despite shutdown
USA TODAY 1:28 p.m. EDT October 8, 2013

WASHINGTON — "A week after World War II veterans struggled to gain access to a memorial on the National Mall due to the government's partial shutdown, thousands of people pushing for a new immigration law have been cleared by the government to proceed with a concert and rally Tuesday on the Mall.

The march, dubbed the "Camino Americano", or "American Road," is hosted by groups including the Service Employees International Union and Casa de Maryland. The rally will feature speeches by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and other members of Congress. Another highlight will be a concert by the Mexican band Los Tigres del Norte."
Taco, anyone?

==
If there is a democrat on here, who considering the current political climate can explain how this move was intended to do anything but pi$$ people off, I'd like to hear it.

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169723 Oct 9, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Cant do it. In order to save money let the Internet go at home. Don't know how to do links. No big deal. Drove by a wreck this morning in Sun City where 3 were killed. Puts things into perspective.
Hey Chris, I'd tell you I'm sorry about the Rays losing and everything but I'd be lying sooooooo..........
but I do have a question for you regarding the Rays fans. So, what's up with the pompoms? lol- Seriously, unless I haven't been paying attention, I don't think I've ever seen a MLB game where at least half the fans were frantically waving little pompoms. I can't see Red Sox fans doing that and I REALLY can't see Yankee fans doing it.
Is pompom waving, a Rays thing?
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#169724 Oct 9, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Chris, I'd tell you I'm sorry about the Rays losing and everything but I'd be lying sooooooo..........
but I do have a question for you regarding the Rays fans. So, what's up with the pompoms? lol- Seriously, unless I haven't been paying attention, I don't think I've ever seen a MLB game where at least half the fans were frantically waving little pompoms. I can't see Red Sox fans doing that and I REALLY can't see Yankee fans doing it.
Is pompom waving, a Rays thing?
Best guess just to make some noise. I guess most people don't want to watch a baseball game in a done. Wife and I went to one game back in June and most of the seats were empty. They have had many gimmicks to get people in, one year they had free parking! No doubt that many people live here seasonally has much to do with the small fan base. Would've like to seen them in the World Series but they did good.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169725 Oct 9, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Best guess just to make some noise. I guess most people don't want to watch a baseball game in a done. Wife and I went to one game back in June and most of the seats were empty. They have had many gimmicks to get people in, one year they had free parking! No doubt that many people live here seasonally has much to do with the small fan base. Would've like to seen them in the World Series but they did good.
They'd fill more seats if they didn't start their games @8:30pm on a weeknight when people have to work the next day and kids have to be in school.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#169726 Oct 9, 2013
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an escalation of the stalemate gripping Washington, House Republicans voted today to shut down the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain that controls reasoning and impulses.

The resolution, which passed with heavy Tea Party support, calls for a partial shutdown of the brain, leaving the medulla and cerebellum, sometimes referred to as the “reptilian brain,” up and running.

The Tea Party caucus cheered the passage of the bill, which was sponsored by Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, who called the measure “long overdue.”

House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) offered no timetable for restarting the prefrontal cortex, telling reporters,“It will most certainly remain shut down during any negotiations with the President. That’s the only leverage we have.”

Representative Bachmann agreed:“The President can go ahead and put a gun to our heads. There’s nothing there.”

While the G.O.P.’s decision to shut down the prefrontal cortex rattled Wall Street, the neuroscientist Davis Logsdon said it should be seen as little more than a symbolic vote, noting,“It’s actually been shut down since the 2008 election.”

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169727 Oct 9, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I asked you several questions about Republicans, which (though you continue to proclaim you're an 'independent') seems to be the major political party you agree with most often.
Seriously, you've seen my positions, how could I ever support free spending Democrats. Republicans are far from perfect, but they're a lot closer to my views than Democrats. Besides, the Tea Party is working steadily to push out 'big government' Republicans, and I'm all for that, as I am a Tea Party conservative, and an Independent... and that's who I agree with.
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
You declined to answer any of them. Which is, of course, your prerogative.
I was simply making note of it.
Would you please link me to your message, since I don't have any idea where it is, or when it was posted.

I don't normally ignore those challenges, and I don't remember seeing it.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169728 Oct 9, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
As buggy as the obamacare software and site are, I'd be very cautious about posting my personal information on it. A five year old hacker can probably hack into it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#169729 Oct 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I found her choice of words interesting in that interview.
She told Stewart everyone w/o insurance needs to sign up, then went on to say: "the good news is that you dont have to buy it right away".
I wonder why she considers that good news? Of course you dont have to buy it right away, just within the next 3 months.
Yeah and I also heard the ACA website (or one of those used to sign up) is having some sort of tech problems. People wanting to get thru can't even log on to the freakin' site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Aerobatty 104,834
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Jedi Master 673,421
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min Catcher1 981,432
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 1 hr Godly Godlike 2
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 1 hr What Was That 85
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 2 hr discocrisco 3
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 3 hr Mojo Hojo 1,562
More from around the web