#169657 Oct 7, 2013
Michael Wacha for President

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169658 Oct 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like jeepers creepers meets silence of the lambs or something!
Yh, that's what fools do! i ain't one tho!
Well there ya go, I knew you were a smart gal.

Didn't watch "Silence of the Lambs", but I know enuff about the movie to assure ya I'm nowhere near that gruesome. I'd never do anyone in, no need for that. Folks know to keep their distance.

One sign reads "Warning! Please don't feed the grumpy old man".

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169659 Oct 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>Now that we have a runaway train on our hands, I don't know what the solution is. Try to stop it as quickly as possible I guess before it flies off the tracks and does more damage. But if the shutdown is lengthy and public opinion ends up dumping it in the lap of republicans/Tea Party, you're going to need a couple of backhoes to dig yourselves out.
Obama & Co. gets out of pretty much everything in case you hadn't noticed, bobin. Just how you thought you were going to pin him to the wall on this, mystifies me.
The pResident's polling must have shown that his hard line 'I will not negotiate' diatribe was a big mistake,(It kind of reminds me of barry's 'red line' silliness, which he also tried to lie his way out of). Now he's saying that he's always been willing to negotiate with the Republicans... just as soon as they give away all of their bargaining chips. I certainly hope that McCain and the surrender wing of the Republican Party don't fall for that nonsense, especially since barry doesn't seem to know how to be truthful anymore.
Lyndi wrote:
What's worrisome is the chatter and spin about the shutdown is now running so fast, it's hard to stay on top of it which leaves much of the country looking at visuals to tell the story. With cameras rolling at parks, national monuments and health centers where sick children are being turned away, seeing pics of Obama making phone calls to cancel important overseas trips to Asia etc., I think the Tea Party/republicans are going to have a harder and harder time defending their strategy - or lack of. The visuals of this shutdown will multiply the longer it goes on
With obama doing stupid, unnecessary, things to hurt the voters, such as shutting down the 'Amber Alert" site, while Michelle's exercise site stayed up, closing the ocean to private fishing, closing the WWII Memorial to the Veterans that earned it, shutting down exhibits that don't use federal funding, and even moving people out of their homes, even his media stenographers are sensing something stinks.

I was proud of John Boehner on 'This Week with George Stephanopoulos'. Boehner did an excellent job of pointing out how the House had passed on to the Senate bills to alleviate each of the problems George brought up, only to have the Senate scuttle them. When George brought up passing a 'clean' debt limit bill, Boehner instantly fired back that there would be concessions to reduce the excessive spending that necessitated raising the debt limit, before the debt limit bill would be passed.

I thought Stephanopoulos was going to cry, Boehner had great answers for all his liberal talking points.
Lyndi wrote:
And to top it off which is almost comedic, while everyone is yammering about the shutdown, Obamacare/the ACA is bombing at the box office and nobody's talking it. That story is buried. For 3 years democrats have been touting this healthcare reform as the greatest thing since apple pie, and everything that could possibly go wrong with it, has. At the moment, this THING which they've had 3 years to prepare for looks like it could be the mother of all lemons. Yet all anyone's talking about is the shutdown.
Really?
http://www.thetradingreport.com/2013/10/07/21...
Lyndi wrote:
In summary: The Tea Party (accidently?) offered a shutdown to democrats, they accepted it as a gift and now they're doing what they always do. Transforming it it into a masterful distraction where they will use every possible means at their disposal to come out of this making themselves look good and republicans look bad.
Don't be too quick to surrender, Lyndi. The shutdown isn't working like the Democrats had planned... in fact, it's beginning to show just how petty and vindictive this pResident and his administration are.

Bottom line, the shutdown is slowly beginning to turn against the pResident.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#169660 Oct 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't watch "Silence of the Lambs", but I know enuff about the movie to assure ya I'm nowhere near that gruesome. I'd never do anyone in, no need for that. Folks know to keep their distance.
Now who's assuming? lol

What r u doing? What r u trying to achieve? If u want me to leave u alone just tell me, but pleasssssse don't do this, i beg u!

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169661 Oct 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Michael Wacha for President
Don't tell me you were ever in doubt?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#169662 Oct 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who's assuming? lol
What r u doing? What r u trying to achieve? If u want me to leave u alone just tell me, but pleasssssse don't do this, i beg u!
Only satire m'dere. Yer completely safe here on this ANONYMOUS board.
:-)

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169663 Oct 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me you were ever in doubt?
Maybe a little, because Putzburgh hasn't been the friendliest place for the Cardinals - and these guys seem to LIKE having their backs to the walls.

Wacha is something, though ... 8 2/3s no hit ball in his last outing, 7 and 1/3 today, in his 2nd year of pro ball, his 9th and 10th major league starts.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169664 Oct 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is, can ya call a group of 3 trolls a swarm?
3 of them qualifies as a menage a troll.

Lafayette IN

#169665 Oct 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good one!

;-)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169666 Oct 7, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Another says, "Beware of dog. And cat is shady as all-get-out."

:)
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#169667 Oct 7, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be too quick to surrender, Lyndi. The shutdown isn't working like the Democrats had planned... in fact, it's beginning to show just how petty and vindictive this pResident and his administration are.
Bottom line, the shutdown is slowly beginning to turn against the pResident.
"Is this just math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better, or is this real?"

Although this classic Megyn Kelly quote could be applied to every other post of yours, nowhere is it more more apprproate than right here......

No, really, thanks for the grins.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#169668 Oct 7, 2013
Seems Texas has declined my offer of a bare-knuckle match....

Maybe next year...?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#169669 Oct 7, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Another says, "Beware of dog. And cat is shady as all-get-out."
:)
Don't you worry about Clementine.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169670 Oct 7, 2013
THE DRIFTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Artificial intelligence as in,…not real intelligence.
I guess I was reaching for that one.
Good thing this thread doesn't keep up with a point system or I would probably lose one on that.

"The Bernak" (I just love that little cartoon skit) is a likeable enough guy, watched a bio on him a few years back. Hard working, family man, loyal, book smart.
If it wasn't him in the driver’s seat it would surely be another "Bernak" type. The Goldman Sachs of the world would see to it.
The Idealist in me would like to believe that history will record it as you say but the Zeitgeist in me is fairly certain it won't.
Afterall,…didn’t President Obama receive the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009?
(((shrug)))
Ya know, the creator get's to label the createe as "artificially" intelligent. Them's the rules.

Book smart. Is there anything that has gotten us into more trouble than economists with book smarts? Now there's some artificial intelligence for ya. You're probably right about modern history, reality rarely get's more than a footnote anymore.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169671 Oct 7, 2013
Woo-Hoo!
How 'bout them Dodgers, Lindsay?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#169672 Oct 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that IS a good'un.
Clearwater

Miami, FL

#169673 Oct 8, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
Woo-Hoo!
How 'bout them Dodgers, Lindsay?
Go rays!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169674 Oct 8, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Really?
http://www.thetradingreport.com/2013/10/07/21...

2) Don't be too quick to surrender, Lyndi. The shutdown isn't working like the Democrats had planned.
=====

1) I wrote, "all anyone's talking about is the shutdown."

That was an obvious exaggeration but the point was, the day ObamaCare rolled out, the majority of political conversation was on the shutdown and it shouldn't have been. It should have been squarely on ObamaCare without distraction. People who loathe that legislation and know it's a disaster, had the perfect, THE PERFECT set up for a giant "I TOLD YOU SO" moment complete with a drumroll when the libs wheeled it out for its debut.
For days afterward, the headlines everywhere would have read "FAILURE" with ordinary citizens yelling to abort the mission and the Obamacare crafters and supporters tripping over their own embarrassment. For an added bonus, it has the presidents name indelibly ATTACHED to it!
But nooooooo, instead we got the Ted Cruz Variety Show and a governmental shutdown which stole all the thunder.
But hey, it made him a household name, didn't it? And I'll bet he got one heck of a mailing list out of it for future fund raising!

The setup bobin, was ideal. It couldn't have been better. Obama's polling numbers were already in a freefall, he's been polling badly for months and the GOP numbers had been going up. Slowly but surely, going up. I think you'd have gotten a bigger bang for your buck to have just sat back, given it 100% of the country's attention and watched as it did one, big, fat,---> face plant.
It was a missed opportunity in my opinion, a terrible stategic mistake and like first impressions, a missed opportunity is a one time deal. There are no do-overs.

And btw, citing a blog with 21 unfavorable Obamacare comments isn't exactly riveting proof that the ACA is getting the amount of coverage it should be getting.

2) The shutdown isn't working as the Tea Party planned. Check the polling again. The blame is going to both sides on this but the majority of displeasure over this shutdown still belongs to the GOP.

And can you please put your musket down and stop using the word "surrender?" This isn't Gettysburg, bobin.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169675 Oct 8, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Go rays!
Who? lol

Boston was being polite last night in Tampa, Chris. But tonight watch out. Big Papi is going to hit one or two to the moon and then we can watch the slowest runner in MLB chug around the bases.
You just wait and see!

Lafayette IN

#169676 Oct 8, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Who? lol
Boston was being polite last night in Tampa, Chris. But tonight watch out. Big Papi is going to hit one or two to the moon and then we can watch the slowest runner in MLB chug around the bases.
You just wait and see!
The moon?

Can't get they-ah from hee-ah - there's a catwalk in the way.

;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 6,475
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 864,758
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Michael 599,768
White Lives MATTER 32 min Burke Devlin 113
The Christian Atheist debate 58 min HipGnosis 2,006
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 1 hr Ernest Wan 525
Poll Rush Limbaugh Show Turns 27 1 hr Here Kitty Kitty 0
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 272,417
More from around the web