Bush is a hero
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#169548 Oct 5, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You may want to rewrite that sentence or add on to it or somthing. It doesn't make any sense as written.
2) Okay.
3) Huh? I'm not seeing the segue here.
4) Americans may or may not forget this at midterms, I wouldn't know but countries around the world who are already looking at us with a raised eyebrow and who have deep financial interests in the United States, might not.
This particular shutdown is being watched closely by global economists already nervous because of the debt ceiling issue and that is no small thing. An unstable America, or a dysfuntional, partially open American government is not good for reasons that go far beyond our borders Chris. There have already been negative ripple effects across the globe because of it. And I promise you, nations who are counting on us to pay our bills and fulfill mulitple other obligations we have worldwide, don't give a damn if a whole bunch of us over here are unhappy with some healthcare legislation. They want/need this country up and running.
WE need this country to be up and running.
===
Btw, one other thing I'm not sure Tea Partiers and the House has given enough consideration to. What goes around comes around in politics. And if this were EVER to work and it's discovered that just by shutting off the electricity via a reckless shutdown whenever a faction of the congress is displeased about something, you can pretty much set your watch to when this exact same ploy will play out in YOUR future, only orchastrated the next time by democrats.
Voters may forget about this. Politicians won't.
ADD!

George Seldes Reader, p223

Fascism is the imposed dictatorship of the ruling class utilizing armed force to preserve the social-economic system wherever it is collapsing. The destruction of democracy-"that bourgeois illusion"-the suppression of all civil liberties, the destruction of the trade unions and the intellectuals, the glorification of the State-these are the natural results of the coming into power of a regime whose one purpose is the salvation of the profit system and whose hired leaders are superpatriots, demagogues, militarists, political racketeers, and fanatics. Fascism has no place for the intelligent..

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169549 Oct 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, don't see ya!
Can't u guys have a re-election, now?
Not without re-writing the Constitution, and even if we did re-write it, it couldn't be enacted until after an election cycle, unless we re-wrote that too.
Clementia wrote:
I don't believe for 1 minute that Obama is in control of the most powerful nation on this planet. There r more powerful and influential people in America that pull his strings. Dance puppet, DANCE!!!!!!!
We call them unions and his big donors.
Clementia wrote:
And how the hell do u think he won that?
Probably because many of his supporters are 'low information' types that don't know as much about our politics as you do, and they actually think obama is telling the truth in his sound-bites. Couple them with those that voted for santabama to keep getting their government handouts, and obama won. obama appealed to the slackers and dullards in our society.
Clementia wrote:
It's like how the hell did an Indian win miss America and a Chinese woman come second. The game is rigged, my friend!!!
Although the Miss America Contest is not something I follow, I'm guessing the judging probably had a lot to do with political correctness.

Location hidden

#169550 Oct 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Come on, Catch! Don't tell me u think Obama is actually concerned about the health of his poorest citizens?
By the way, I love how your president got justice for the Syrian children who were gassed to death. Go Obama!! lol
Ouch! I thought you and Catcher were buds... you're mocking his idol.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#169551 Oct 5, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Not without re-writing the Constitution, and even if we did re-write it, it couldn't be enacted until after an election cycle, unless we re-wrote that too.
<quoted text>
We call them unions and his big donors.
<quoted text>
Probably because many of his supporters are 'low information' types that don't know as much about our politics as you do, and they actually think obama is telling the truth in his sound-bites. Couple them with those that voted for santabama to keep getting their government handouts, and obama won. obama appealed to the slackers and dullards in our society.
<quoted text>
Although the Miss America Contest is not something I follow, I'm guessing the judging probably had a lot to do with political correctness.
Listen to me, Clementine.

This bobin guy is a poop.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169552 Oct 5, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You may want to rewrite that sentence or add on to it or somthing. It doesn't make any sense as written.
2) Okay.
3) Huh? I'm not seeing the segue here.
4) Americans may or may not forget this at midterms, I wouldn't know but countries around the world who are already looking at us with a raised eyebrow and who have deep financial interests in the United States, might not.
This particular shutdown is being watched closely by global economists already nervous because of the debt ceiling issue and that is no small thing. An unstable America, or a dysfuntional, partially open American government is not good for reasons that go far beyond our borders Chris. There have already been negative ripple effects across the globe because of it. And I promise you, nations who are counting on us to pay our bills and fulfill mulitple other obligations we have worldwide, don't give a damn if a whole bunch of us over here are unhappy with some healthcare legislation. They want/need this country up and running.
WE need this country to be up and running.
Interest on our foreign debt has been running between 25 and 30 $billion$ a month. Tax receipts are around 200 $billion$ a month. The only way we default on external obligations, those which would directly affect our global credit-worthiness, would be if obama did so deliberately. Which, I believe, he has proved himself more than willing to do. The guy does not play well with other humans.
The night of the "government shutdown", I stayed up late to watch the Asian market-movers take on things. Every one of them poo-poo'd the possible effects of a US government shutdown except for one thing, that being that it insured Bernanke would keep printing dollars. That's all that mattered to them.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#169553 Oct 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So very UNCOOL trying to control people. Oh I forgot you're a democrat.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169554 Oct 5, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... based on the knowledge that American women of Indian and Chinese ancestry placed first and second in a contest you admittedly don't follow, your guess would be that the selections were about political correctness.

Is this because American women of Indian or Chinese ancestry probably couldn't win on their own merits, perhaps?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#169555 Oct 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish, troll.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169556 Oct 5, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>So very UNCOOL trying to control people. Oh I forgot you're a democrat.
Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#169557 Oct 5, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>So very UNCOOL trying to control people. Oh I forgot you're a democrat.
You need to get to know Clementine.

She's uncontrollable.

And she's cut from a mold very different from the folks here:

She has a great sense of humor.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#169558 Oct 5, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.
Its all good.

Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-jesse-ventur...

Clearwater, FL

#169559 Oct 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get to know Clementine.
She's uncontrollable.
And she's cut from a mold very different from the folks here:
She has a great sense of humor.
Too bad you don't.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#169560 Oct 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you don't.
I have a great sense of humor.

You just don't notice, because you're too caught up in self pity.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169561 Oct 5, 2013
THE DRIFTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Back!
We're doing peachy,...just peachy,...as long as the gov keeps on printing 'dem 'ole frog skins that is.
I hear that once you start printing there's almost no going back.
I suspect we’ve got at least a few more years of tall cotton to look forward to, if you know where to look for it that is.
BTW, I finally traded in my rabbit ears and got a HD set-top box.
Now THAT'S a picture!
And to think I've been missing all those teeny tiny little sweatballs and facial ticks on some of the Nation's (ahem) finest.
CNN / MSNBC / FOX / C-SPAN will never be the same!
How's tricks up in your neck of the woods?
Good to hear all are doing well.
Welcome to the 21st century, you're living the high-life now! I traded in my tube tv for a fancy LED one a few months back. It's got all kinds of connectors on it, can't figure out what they do. They're too small to stick a dime in, so I figure they're not some kind of pay-as-you-go set up. It's like I bought a new bass boat with a 175 horse Merc, but all I do is putt around on the trolling motor. Oh well, nowhere I really needed to get in a hurry anyways.
I think you're right about those Bernanke-Bucks. Just follow the wealthy, there's some trinkets to be picked up along the way. I'd be prepared to trade them in for something real when the time comes, though.

Clearwater, FL

#169562 Oct 5, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Interest on our foreign debt has been running between 25 and 30 $billion$ a month. Tax receipts are around 200 $billion$ a month. The only way we default on external obligations, those which would directly affect our global credit-worthiness, would be if obama did so deliberately. Which, I believe, he has proved himself more than willing to do. The guy does not play well with other humans.
The night of the "government shutdown", I stayed up late to watch the Asian market-movers take on things. Every one of them poo-poo'd the possible effects of a US government shutdown except for one thing, that being that it insured Bernanke would keep printing dollars. That's all that mattered to them.
Perhaps we can just keep printing money till the end of time.

Clearwater, FL

#169563 Oct 5, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So ... based on the knowledge that American women of Indian and Chinese ancestry placed first and second in a contest you admittedly don't follow, your guess would be that the selections were about political correctness.
Is this because American women of Indian or Chinese ancestry probably couldn't win on their own merits, perhaps?
I don't follow it. Was this the same contest where a contestant dared to speak her views (that dare to question pc) on homosexual relations? I do remember that making the rounds the next day as I ran my route.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169564 Oct 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your just plain ole wrong about that. Pre existing conditions were never allowed. So lets say I break my leg and dont have insurance. I was never allowed to go get insurance before I went to the hospital.
Same thing if I was diagnosed with Cancer. If I didnt have insurance I was outta luck.
The point in saying that is there was no need for a window.
If you have a window, thats on the company you work for. That is and was not a general rule for getting insurance.
I could go out and get insurance on Monday if I wanted. Even though open enrollment doesnt start until the 15'th.
I'm sorry, I thought it was understood we were talking about group plans, which are generally offered either thru an employer or the gov't, ie Medicare, but administered by a private insurance company. Virtually all group plans have an open enrollment window.

In any case, it has nothing to do with the ACA.

Location hidden

#169565 Oct 5, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>So ... based on the knowledge that American women of Indian and Chinese ancestry placed first and second in a contest you admittedly don't follow, your guess would be that the selections were about political correctness.
No, it's because I know the liberal Hollywood mindset. I wish I could believe in what you're hinting at, but liberal affirmative action judging just doesn't seem to work that way.

I believe Clementine is of Indian descent, and I also believe she watched the contest... and she questioned how the Indian won. That led me to believe that she may not have been the most qualified contestant, and that 'other factors' may have come in to play.

I do wish 'qualifications' were the only factor that liberals used to judge, but they're not. And Hollywood liberals at that!

Nice try...

Clearwater, FL

#169566 Oct 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a great sense of humor.
You just don't notice, because you're too caught up in self pity.
Ok. Whatever you say 'dude'.

Location hidden

#169567 Oct 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all good.
Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run
http://www.infowars.com/breaking-jesse-ventur...
Howard Stern is a smart guy, Jesse Ventura is a dumbazz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Tiny Trump 88,695
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Big Al 703,884
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr bronzeagelegends 996,589
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 3 hr chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 3 hr Bernie fan 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 3 hr Big Al 223,085
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 3 hr Jimbo 2