Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169410 Oct 3, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You almost had me until this and this is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Yes politics is a monster, but it is not a monster all on its own. Politicians have to play to an audience and the audience is us. If we don't like the show it may take time but the politics will change.

You say, "it may take time" and TIME is something republicans can no longer afford. They don't have that luxury anymore, not with the reckless wonder in chief running the show and transforming the country as promised. Sometimes a party has to cram their candidate through the front door of the WH any way they can and FULL support of the party is mandatory in a tight election. Democrats KNOW that. Why don't republicans know that? It's politics 101. I thought everybody knew that.

If Romney wasn't every republicans idea of ideal, so what. It would have been better than the dysfuntional nightmare we have now. I thought all republicans believed that and I also thought they'd at least vote to get Obama OUT.

Anyway, who exactly do you think the "us" and "we" in this country are?
Obama 65+- million votes
Romney 60+- millon votes

Bobin said (and who knows if he knows what he's talking about but I'll go with it anyway) Bobin said, Romney lost because a huge number of the base stayed home, and knowing Romney lost by 5 million I will therefore assume that 5 million or so of what he calls BASE conservatives, stayed home. If that's the case, what are we calling the 60 million who voted for Romney? The fringe?
I'm not seeing how the 60 million who came out in favor of his moderate republican platform, make the 5 million who sat out the election the ---->"US" or "WE" or the "BASE."
Just by looking at the numbers, the US, WE, and BASE in America using a national election as a source, it's comprised of 60+- million moderate republicans AND 65+- million liberal democrats.
I don't know what that makes the 5 million who sat this dance out but mathamatically they aren't in my view a base of anything.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#169411 Oct 3, 2013
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) said that he was disappointed after meeting with President Obama at the White House on Wednesday afternoon, telling reporters,“The President is stubbornly refusing to end the crisis I created.”

“Government is about teamwork,” Mr. Boehner continued.“I’ve done my part by putting together an entirely optional crisis that has shut down the government and will throw thousands out of work. Now it’s up to the President to do his part by ending it.”

Mr. Boehner said that he was “flabbergasted” that the President was looking to him to bring the current government shutdown to an end:“So after doing all of the hard work to push the country to the brink, I’m supposed to pull it back, too? How about you pitching in a little, Mr. President?”

The House Speaker said that he hoped he did not have to manufacture an another entirely avoidable crisis over the debt ceiling in order to stir the President to action.“Quite frankly, orchestrating these unnecessary stalemates takes a lot of energy and I could really use a rest,” he said.

But Mr. Boehner seemed pessimistic that the President “got the message.”

“Because of my actions, thousands of federal workers have already been furloughed,” he said.“How many more people do I have to throw out on the street before the President wakes up?”

Since: Sep 08

Same as it ever was, ...

#169412 Oct 3, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Looks to me like the author is mixing his metaphors here, bemoaning the loss of open borders and equating that to over-regulation of the economy. In any case, in the 60's, "rogue tourists" hadn't yet used our freedoms to enter the country, receive flight training, take weapons on to a plane, hijack them and fly them into buildings crammed with innocent people, all without breaking a single gov't regulation, at least up to the hijacking and flying into buildings part.
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,...
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,...

All the Kings horses and all the kings men,...

Same as it ever was, ...

#169413 Oct 3, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, who exactly do you think the "us" and "we" in this country are?

Obama 65+- million votes
Romney 60+- millon votes
The “United” States?

Hmmmmm,…check please!

Same as it ever was, ...

#169414 Oct 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lyndi, would you be so kind as to answer my question?
Why can't your government use tax money to fund the healthcare system?

What's the fuss all about?
<grin>

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169415 Oct 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lyndi, would you be so kind as to answer my question? Why can't your government use tax money to fund the healthcare system? What's the fuss all about?
I answered that, what was wrong with my answer?

We spend far more than we take in in taxes, so we don't have any 'spare' tax dollars to fund a health care system that could be equal to half the tax $$$ we take in. Especially when we're already spending about a third more than we collect.

It's a matter of economics... we don't have the money.

Location hidden

#169416 Oct 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You Republicans here are a perfect mirror to what's going on in the Republican party at large.
If you're including me under that 'Republicans' umbrella, I'm not a Republican.

Location hidden

#169417 Oct 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) said that he was disappointed after meeting with President Obama at the White House on Wednesday afternoon, telling reporters,“The President is stubbornly refusing to end the crisis I created.”
“Government is about teamwork,” Mr. Boehner continued.“I’ve done my part by putting together an entirely optional crisis that has shut down the government and will throw thousands out of work. Now it’s up to the President to do his part by ending it.”
Mr. Boehner said that he was “flabbergasted” that the President was looking to him to bring the current government shutdown to an end:“So after doing all of the hard work to push the country to the brink, I’m supposed to pull it back, too? How about you pitching in a little, Mr. President?”
The House Speaker said that he hoped he did not have to manufacture an another entirely avoidable crisis over the debt ceiling in order to stir the President to action.“Quite frankly, orchestrating these unnecessary stalemates takes a lot of energy and I could really use a rest,” he said.
But Mr. Boehner seemed pessimistic that the President “got the message.”
“Because of my actions, thousands of federal workers have already been furloughed,” he said.“How many more people do I have to throw out on the street before the President wakes up?”
You seem a little weak recognizing satire, counselor. Are you really that obtuse, or did you think that others in here were that stupid that they'd believe that was true?

It must be sad to live in your world, with no humor.

San Francisco, CA

#169418 Oct 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're including me under that 'Republicans' umbrella, I'm not a Republican.
Sorry.

Anti Obamans.

San Francisco, CA

#169419 Oct 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a little weak recognizing satire, counselor. Are you really that obtuse, or did you think that others in here were that stupid that they'd believe that was true?
It must be sad to live in your world, with no humor.
Of course it's humor, dude. It's Andy Borowitz and I included that.

Come on.

Location hidden

#169420 Oct 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
Anti Obamans.
Anti obama policies.

Location hidden

#169421 Oct 3, 2013
The fight over Obamacare has been a defining moment. It has quickly revealed a warrior class inside the Republican Party, which has, in tandem, revealed an anemic, debilitated, tired, defeatist class. This is not a time for Republicans to compromise; this is a time for them to fight for the American people who elected them. If they succumb to cold feet, I don’t want them to represent me anymore.

Congress needs warriors, not wimps.

http://lastresistance.com/3303/congress-needs...

Location hidden

#169422 Oct 3, 2013
This growing faction of Cruz-hating Republicans represents the old guard of the Party. They represent the stale, greedy, go-with-the-flow nature of politics. They represent stagnation. Ted Cruz is reigniting the fire given to representatives by the people. The American people hand their torch over to their Congressmen. In each representative lies the power of millions of Americans.

The old guard hates shiny new things. They want everything to stay the same. They don’t want to rock the boat. But rocking the boat is the point of representation. The gray-beard Republicans want to squash the Tea Party, and Peter King is one of their loudest spokespeople.

The answers to my earlier questions are not complex. Yes, the Republicans are cowardly. They don’t want to get their hands dirty by insulting someone who is so popular with the American people. They know this, so they make anonymous comments. That way, they can look like they actually care about the American people, even though they couldn’t care less. It solves both of their problems: they can get rid of the real Conservatives, and look like nice guys in the process.

http://lastresistance.com/3316/peter-king-rep...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#169423 Oct 3, 2013
I wonder how long it will take?...

San Francisco, CA

#169424 Oct 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
This growing faction of Cruz-hating Republicans represents the old guard of the Party. They represent the stale, greedy, go-with-the-flow nature of politics. They represent stagnation. Ted Cruz is reigniting the fire given to representatives by the people. The American people hand their torch over to their Congressmen. In each representative lies the power of millions of Americans.
The old guard hates shiny new things. They want everything to stay the same. They don’t want to rock the boat. But rocking the boat is the point of representation. The gray-beard Republicans want to squash the Tea Party, and Peter King is one of their loudest spokespeople.
The answers to my earlier questions are not complex. Yes, the Republicans are cowardly. They don’t want to get their hands dirty by insulting someone who is so popular with the American people. They know this, so they make anonymous comments. That way, they can look like they actually care about the American people, even though they couldn’t care less. It solves both of their problems: they can get rid of the real Conservatives, and look like nice guys in the process.
Gee, I posted a humor (satire) column.

Is this YOUR attempt to best my humor post?

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169425 Oct 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
The fight over Obamacare has been a defining moment. It has quickly revealed a warrior class inside the Republican Party, which has, in tandem, revealed an anemic, debilitated, tired, defeatist class. This is not a time for Republicans to compromise; this is a time for them to fight for the American people who elected them. If they succumb to cold feet, I don’t want them to represent me anymore.
Congress needs warriors, not wimps.
http://lastresistance.com/3303/congress-needs...
How is your "warrior class" going to win the war?

San Francisco, CA

#169426 Oct 3, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>How is your "warrior class" going to win the war?
They'll resort to their Second Amendment rights?

They're so, so macho.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#169427 Oct 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll resort to their Second Amendment rights?
They're so, so macho.
Got a better idea. Lets show the world the cowards that hate freedom so much (like you) they are willing to take a privately built memorial and spend money the government doesn't have to spit in the eyes of our vets and bully people. The thugs are in control:

Veterans Storm World War II Memorial For Second Day In Defiance of Shutdown (NPS Now Says They Will Have Access Moving Forward)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/02/na...

Major Hollywood Actor Salutes Veterans Who Stormed World War II Memorial

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/03/ma...

Clearwater and Honolulu

#169428 Oct 3, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>How is your "warrior class" going to win the war?
Don't know if they will but at least if they don't they will die free. I want nothing to do with this hell the dear leader is putting together. I stand with the vets and the skum that is doing all it can to block things off because of a game better bring their a game. Rest assured we will.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169429 Oct 3, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know if they will but at least if they don't they will die free. I want nothing to do with this hell the dear leader is putting together. I stand with the vets and the skum that is doing all it can to block things off because of a game better bring their a game. Rest assured we will.
What the hell are you talking about?

I really don't think anyone's going to die in the battle over government funding, Chris.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Anthony MN 567,561
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min AntiqueAnnie 607,093
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hidingfromyou 794,110
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 6 min andet1987 5,312
Scientific proof for God's existence 8 min Mickey Mouse 509
Avandia 2015 12 min LLLetha 13
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 31 min only platonic 11
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 267,336
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 97,439
More from around the web