Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169451 Oct 3, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The 'electors'?
The votes cast by the Electoral College... the Constitutional method that's used to elect the President.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169452 Oct 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>You would have to take that up with our Nobel Peace Prize winner, hussein obama. We don't make war policy, that's our ruling class that makes those decisions... lately, it's hussein obama making those decisions on his own.

The people pay for them and fight them, it's our 'king' that starts them... I guess that's what got him the Nobel Peace Prize.
There's another perfect example. Those "information purveyors" like yourself are contemptuous of the intelligence of your audience, while misdirecting any attention from your blatant untruths by sneering at those who reject your propoganda as "low information voters". Nobody wants to be that, so between playing on that and fear of going against one's chosen crowd, you got it made, Shady.

In this case tho' I'm bettin' Clem knows who "started them" and who's been trying to finish them.....

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169453 Oct 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
The votes cast by the Electoral College... the Constitutional method that's used to elect the President.
Uhhhh ...

I kinda figured that would be your plan in three years - oddly enough that's the Democratic plan too - but I sorta thought we were talking about your "warrior class" overturning the health care bill through this budget impasse.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#169454 Oct 3, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, gee ... here I thought we were talking about your new 'warrior class' eliminating 'Obamacare' with this budget impasse.

Great plan for three years from now, though .... I'm betting the Democrats are going to copy it now that you've made it public, though.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#169455 Oct 3, 2013
Sorry about the dupe ... Topix got me.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169456 Oct 3, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Looks to me like the author is mixing his metaphors here, bemoaning the loss of open borders and equating that to over-regulation of the economy. In any case, in the 60's, "rogue tourists" hadn't yet used our freedoms to enter the country, receive flight training, take weapons on to a plane, hijack them and fly them into buildings crammed with innocent people, all without breaking a single gov't regulation, at least up to the hijacking and flying into buildings part.
I read it a little differently. I saw a foreigner that visited an old freind, and couldn't help but notice how hard the years had been on him. In body and spirit. And a possible explanation for some of those changes. You give the government an inch, and they'll take a foot. It's the nature of the beast, and has been throughout history. 2001 just gave them several inches, and their response was completely predictable.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169457 Oct 3, 2013
THE DRIFTER wrote:
<quoted text>
So many questions,...so little time.
And the band plays on,...
Hey, Drifter. It's been a while.
How's the family doing?
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#169458 Oct 3, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it a little differently. I saw a foreigner that visited an old freind, and couldn't help but notice how hard the years had been on him. In body and spirit. And a possible explanation for some of those changes. You give the government an inch, and they'll take a foot. It's the nature of the beast, and has been throughout history. 2001 just gave them several inches, and their response was completely predictable.
lol! History had shown never about world masses , those in power rarely will give up their rein for the people of the world to make decisions for a nation it depends on the leaders for good of bad, as long they give us some freedom and let us prosper and for world stability is better then not thing .

Common sense from'
Governments Exist to Further the Interests of "Favored Groups"
"We the People" are Never the Favored Group
by Prof. John Kozy
www.globalresearch.ca , July 13, 2012
Lost In Transition

United States

#169459 Oct 3, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Sorry about the dupe ... Topix got me.
Don't worry about it.
Topix has a vested interest in dupes.

United States

#169460 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it.
Topix vested interest as gathering intel machine autobot, do you believe?
Lost In Transition

United States

#169461 Oct 3, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix vested interest as gathering intel machine autobot, do you believe?
Who knows anymore. My guess, they're in it for the money with all the damn adds they run.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#169462 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it.
I have thought about that.

What do they get from me?

United States

#169463 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Who knows anymore. My guess, they're in it for the money with all the damn adds they run.
must more than that ads... Gestapo !
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169464 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I 'spose yer right. It seems bin Laden predicted the response to a T, with bonuses.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#169465 Oct 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have thought about that.
What do they get from me?
Every time a page is viewed ads are displayed, and advertisers pay a certain amount for x number of impressions.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169466 Oct 3, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Voting in far left liberal democrats in Detroit for the last 50 years and wondering why it's gone bankrupt.
Ever see The Truman Show? Detroit played Carrey's part, but nobody watched.
It was a flop.
Lost In Transition

United States

#169467 Oct 3, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>
I 'spose yer right. It seems bin Laden predicted the response to a T, with bonuses.
Yah, the results have to be exceeding his wildest dreams. Or he dreamed, like, really big.

Since: Sep 08

Same as it ever was, ...

#169468 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey, Drifter. It's been a while.
How's the family doing?
Hey Back!

We're doing peachy,...just peachy,...as long as the gov keeps on printing 'dem 'ole frog skins that is.

I hear that once you start printing there's almost no going back.

I suspect we’ve got at least a few more years of tall cotton to look forward to, if you know where to look for it that is.

BTW, I finally traded in my rabbit ears and got a HD set-top box.
Now THAT'S a picture!

And to think I've been missing all those teeny tiny little sweatballs and facial ticks on some of the Nation's (ahem) finest.

CNN / MSNBC / FOX / C-SPAN will never be the same!

How's tricks up in your neck of the woods?

Since: Sep 08

Same as it ever was, ...

#169469 Oct 4, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>There are something like 800,000 employees and their families doing without a paycheck due to the Republican Gov't Shutdown. No doubt a few of them have children suffering from illness - just 1% would be 8000 kids. There are 40 million Americans without insurance. A few of them also are undoubtedly sick children, but not able to get adequate care due to inability to pay. Just 0.5% would be 200,000 sick kids.

But these aren't enough to draw this media's ire - instead they answer the Republican bell like Pavlov's dog as they exploit children with cancer, with the ultimate goal of keeping other children with cancer from getting insurance under the ACA.

It would be laughable to watch this cabal within the party decry the gov't shutdown, if it weren't such blatant dissemblance. Some of these people have been slathering for a shutdown since before the 2010 election, not by implication or inference but openly and forcefully in press conferences and speeches. Just ask and we together can find example after example.

What's even more grotesquely funny is how they skip both sides of the fence as it suits them. For years now we've been hearing how life would be so much better if government got out of our lives, right? But now here they are saying, "Shutdown? No big deal - most people won't even notice." So which is it - gross intrusion, or no noticeable effect?

OK, so message discipline ain't their strongest suit. But then it doesn't have to be when the show plays exclusively to the "base".

You know there are Republicans, in less secure districts then these "courageous warriors", just wishing to bolt if only Boehner would call the CR to a vote.

Why won't he?
What goes up must come down
Spinnin' wheel, got to go round
Talkin''bout your troubles, it's a cryin' sin
Ride a painted pony, let the spinnin' wheel spin

You got no money, you got no home
Spinnin' wheel, all alone
Talkin''bout your troubles and you, you never learn
Ride a painted pony, let the spinnin' wheel turn

Did you find the directing sign
On the straight and narrow highway
Would you mind a reflecting sign
Just let it shine within your mind
And show you the colors that are real

Someone's waitin' just for you
Spinnin' wheel, spinnin' true
Drop all your troubles by the riverside
Catch a painted pony on the spinnin' wheel ride ...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#169470 Oct 4, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Except maybe those kids whose cancer treatment at NIH Harry Reid Reid is blocking.
Harry Reid kept the ball rolling with a typically, over-the-top, Orwellian whopper, made after he’d turned down yet another House bill intended to partially fund the government: Most of the children turned away are suffering from various forms of cancer.” He accused “modern day Anarchists in the House” of “dancing with glee over the shut down.” Reid, jettisoning accusations he’d leveled at Republicans moments earlier, answered her:“Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless …”
Read more at http://minutemennews.com/2013/10/megalomaniac...
<edited for space>

How can you sit there on your perch and not take >any< responsibility for the closing of the NIH? And forget Reid. He's a creepy little freaky gnome and his comment was typically bizarre but nevertheless, the NIH wouldn't be closed BUT FOR the shutdown ---> which was the brainstorm of The Tea Party.

Look, The Tea Party took a huge gamble when they challenged the senate and the POTUS to a game of who's gonna blink first.
The senate didn't blink, bobin. They didn't blink, they're not going to blink, you were told they're weren't going to blink and they've made it quite clear that they're willing to sew they eyes open to keep from blinking. Do you not get that?

Like it or not whoever said this was a hostage situation at gunpoint was correct. Cruz and Co. virtually told the POTUS; give me your signature legislation, give me your legacy, give me your BABY and I'll give you your funding. And love it or hate it, the ACA is Obama's baby, and proud Papa that he is, it will NOT hand it over.

This whole shutdown thing is sloppy, wobbly and poorly planned. Their big demand wasn't met so now that they can't get the whole enchilada, the ever enthused Tea Party decides to hurriedly scramble to come up with a plan B and try to barter a few concessions for funding the government, piecemeal..... using to full advantage of course emotional targets like veterans and sick children with cancer as props because we all know, those are known to get the most mileage. Both sides are now fully engaged in the tussle and now we're in another tiresome game of spin to decide which party hates vets and sick children more. The democrats or the republicans.

Anyway, what this voter sees is a dog aka the Tea Party, who loves to bark really loud and chase cars but doesn't know what to do with it when he actually catches one. They threatened a shutdown hoping they wouldn't get one and now that they got one, it's abundantly clear they don't know what to do with it except try to stomp out fires they started.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch called REALITY, more people are suffering that didn't have to and you and yours are who put that key into the ignition. You can sit there and rev your engines bobin but 70+% of the population wishes you'd stop.

Tell me, which part of that 70+% are Tea Party voters?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Just Think 17,380
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 21 min andet1987 86
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 983,251
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,421
K9.....remembering.... 3 hr knightsdolive 1
getting pregnant by much older man 3 hr knightsdolive 2
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 7 hr lovekiki 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 hr Robert F 683,926
More from around the web