Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#169331 Oct 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party is scaring the daylights out of Democrats, and their 'old guard, big government' Republican allies. That's why every time they're in front of a microphone it's Tea Party this, Tea Party that. When, in actuality, there aren't enough Tea Party representatives in either house to push through any legislation. They're just a convenient scapegoat for the 'big government' types to hide behind, both R & D.
Unfortunately, for the old guard types, the Tea Party and Ted Cruz do have a lot of support from the American taxpayers. That has even caused some to reconsider their position, and vote with the Tea Party, and for the voters that support them... and that scares the hell out of the ruling class.
You do realize that the government shut down was caused by the Senate's refusal to accept the last House bill... a bill that approved funding for the entire federal budget, BUT would not allow the special subsidies for the Senator's, Representative's or their staff's health insurance.
The Democrat led Senate shut down the federal government because the ruling class did not want to have to adhere to the rules of the law that they forced upon you and me.
Ahem.

According to Businessweek, "Voters disapprove of the job being done by congressional Republicans by 74 percent to 17 percent -- their lowest score ever -- while disapproving of DemocratsÂ’ job 60 percent to 32 percent, according to a national poll released today by Quinnipiac University. Obama got a 45 percent to 49 percent overall job approval rating, versus his 46 percent to 48 percent score Aug. 2, according to the survey, which has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points. "

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-10-01/h...

The question Lyndi asked you was not about ideology, bobin, it was about practical politics.

How do you see the Republicans, or the Tea Party if you insist on making a distinction, winning through this shutdown?
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#169332 Oct 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
We really need more women in Congress. About 3 tmes as many. I have never seen so many men yak, yak, yakking and getting so little accomplished in my LIFE as with this bunch.
Even Obama, for God's sake never shuts-up. Takes him 22 minutes to say the word "no."
"If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
M. Thatcher
Bingo.
So Thatcher is your favorite ?

:)........

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169333 Oct 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your wish and dream to get a Cruz/Palin ticket or some other Tea Party ultra conservative concoction in 2016? Do you really believe that's reasonable? Or electable? Seriously?
Naw, I think we should run a McCain/Graham RINO ticket in 2016. That way we could find how many conservatives are out there with a simple formula,[No of registered Republicans - number of voters for the McCain/Graham RINO ticket = number of Republicans that have given up on the Republican Party and refused to vote,(they are probably conservatives)].

If we don't start putting 'real', Reagan like, common-sense conservatives on the Republican Presidential ticket, we better get used to having Democrat Presidents.

Who do you prefer for your next two term President, Clinton or Biden? Which policy do you think they'll pass first, national gun control or general amnesty?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#169334 Oct 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, I think we should run a McCain/Graham RINO ticket in 2016. That way we could find how many conservatives are out there with a simple formula,[No of registered Republicans - number of voters for the McCain/Graham RINO ticket = number of Republicans that have given up on the Republican Party and refused to vote,(they are probably conservatives)].
If we don't start putting 'real', Reagan like, common-sense conservatives on the Republican Presidential ticket, we better get used to having Democrat Presidents.
Who do you prefer for your next two term President, Clinton or Biden? Which policy do you think they'll pass first, national gun control or general amnesty?
Who's got a better chance of appealing to the center, where American elections are won: McCain/Graham, or Ryan/Paul?

Are you seriously suggesting that there's no difference between McCain and Clinton, Graham and Biden?

Ronald Reagan worked in the trenches of the Republican Party for over 16 years before he won the Presidential nomination in 1980 on his third try. Who's in the position to do that today?
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169335 Oct 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really talk like that? Jeez...
And I've already answered you, sport. You just didn't like my answer.
The funny thing is, I never asked you a question. I merely challenged your lies. All I got in response was fallacious hype and fatuous bluster.

You can't keep track of your own schtick, can ya?
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>Btw, you really should omit the five syllable adjectives. Makes you sound like a girly a$$.

"like a girly ass?" Shouldn't you kids be using your study hall time to study, girly?

Must not think much of girls if that's your go-to for a put-down. That's odd for someone that wants 3 times more "girlies" in Congress. This is what happens when a dork tries to be funny for the class - they betray their own principles. Can't count on 'em.
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>When the government performs an entire make-over blah, blah, blah...
As Reagan would say, there you go again.

There is no "entire makeover".

Regulation is not taking over "control".

Please don't mind me. You just keep on performing for the base, and I do mean base, crowd. They'll pump up your fragile ego with all the icons you so desperately desire.

Location hidden

#169336 Oct 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem.
According to Businessweek, "Voters disapprove of the job being done by congressional Republicans by 74 percent to 17 percent -- their lowest score ever -- while disapproving of DemocratsÂ’ job 60 percent to 32 percent, according to a national poll released today by Quinnipiac University. Obama got a 45 percent to 49 percent overall job approval rating, versus his 46 percent to 48 percent score Aug. 2, according to the survey, which has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points. "
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-10-01/h...
Heck, I disagree with the job the Republicans are doing in Congress. I'd like to see most of them involved in a primary fight for their seats.

At least I know what Harry Reid is going to do, whereas, I have no clue what John Boehner or Mitch McConnell might do. Right now John-Boy is probably looking for his first face-saving opportunity to go back to his original 'pass the continuing resolution' position. I was surprised when he changed that position and listened to the publics demands.

Why do you think the Congressional slugs have such a low approval rating, they're ignoring the voter's desires? The only thing that's saving them is how they've shaped their districts.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
The question Lyndi asked you was not about ideology, bobin, it was about practical politics.
How do you see the Republicans, or the Tea Party if you insist on making a distinction, winning through this shutdown?
I don't.

I think the Republicans gave up any chance of winning that battle when 25 'senior' Republicans Senators joined the Democrats to pass cloture, and thus obamacare. Cloture was the vote for obamacare. The actual vote later to strip defunding obamacare from the continuing resolution was simply for show, to give those 25 Republicans cover. My 'senior' Texas Senator, John Cornyn, sounded just like Harry Reid when he stood up on the Senate floor and bastardized what Ted Cruz had been saying for 21 hours. Harry Reid fighting for floor time for John McLame during the Cruz speech says everything you need to know about McLame.

Practical politics says the Republicans better start running candidates,(Congressional and Presidential), with both principles and backbones... no more McLames. If they don't, they're going to find more and more conservatives staying home on election day.
HipGnozizzz

Dahinda, IL

#169337 Oct 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, it's a miracle... the federal government has shut down, and we're still alive!
Well, I know at least one entire reserve unit who's Afghanistan pre-deployment training just got canceled.

That's the central problem with extremist conservatives - if it ain't happenin' to them or in their yard, it ain't happenin'.

Location hidden

#169338 Oct 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Who's got a better chance of appealing to the center, where American elections are won: McCain/Graham, or Ryan/Paul?
Clinton and whomever. McCain/Graham, or Ryan/Paul wouldn't even appeal to the conservative base, even if they do appeal to the center. Republicans lost to obama in 2012 because their base stayed home, they did well with the independents.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting that there's no difference between McCain and Clinton, Graham and Biden?
There's a huge difference between McLame and Clinton. Clinton may have principles that I don't often agree with, but at least she sticks with them. McLame, who knows what will be his principle du-jour.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Ronald Reagan worked in the trenches of the Republican Party for over 16 years before he won the Presidential nomination in 1980 on his third try. Who's in the position to do that today?
I've had enough of Washington politicians, and don't even talk to me about nominating another long term Senator for the Republican candidate. I want an outsider with common sense. My icon should tell you who I'd like to see as our candidate... Doctor Benjamin Carson.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#169339 Oct 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Clementia-
He was just here a short time ago and said he's busy but he stalks me in here every single day and has for a year so I'm pretty sure I can get a message to him if you want. Shall I tell him you send air hugs and well wishes?
Hi Lyndi!

I don't mind, it's your choice! But what if he thinks you're just making excuses to stalk him? I don't want to get u in any bother!

Location hidden

#169340 Oct 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=KLG2jaVdUMoXX
what? all i got was youtube page!

Location hidden

#169341 Oct 1, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>What happening to hey gals over here?. Hooray you back Clementia.:)
yh, yh, it's nice to see u too!:-)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#169342 Oct 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton and whomever. McCain/Graham, or Ryan/Paul wouldn't even appeal to the conservative base, even if they do appeal to the center. Republicans lost to obama in 2012 because their base stayed home, they did well with the independents.
<quoted text>
There's a huge difference between McLame and Clinton. Clinton may have principles that I don't often agree with, but at least she sticks with them. McLame, who knows what will be his principle du-jour.
<quoted text>
I've had enough of Washington politicians, and don't even talk to me about nominating another long term Senator for the Republican candidate. I want an outsider with common sense. My icon should tell you who I'd like to see as our candidate... Doctor Benjamin Carson.
Not even Ryan/Paul would appeal to the conservative base?

I'm not sure we're talking the same language here.

Location hidden

#169343 Oct 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Not even Ryan/Paul would appeal to the conservative base?
I'm not sure Paul Ryan is the answer. He seems to play a lot of 'follow the leader'.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
I'm not sure we're talking the same language here.
I do like Rand Paul, but the bottom of the ticket doesn't get a whole lot of votes... except when Sarah Palin put some life back into John McLame's failing campaign. Unfortunately, McLame was on the top of the ticket, and his campaign managers did their best to silence Palin.

How many votes do you think Joe Biden added to obama's campaign?

Location hidden

#169344 Oct 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure we're talking the same language here.
Who's going to win the World Series?
:)

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#169345 Oct 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's going to win the World Series?
:)
My head doesn't have an answer yet, but I know where my heart is ...

Meet me in St. Louie, Louie....

;-)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#169346 Oct 1, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I know at least one entire reserve unit who's Afghanistan pre-deployment training just got canceled.
That's the central problem with extremist conservatives - if it ain't happenin' to them or in their yard, it ain't happenin'.
More lies smears and bs. You do you dad well.

Clearwater, FL

#169347 Oct 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the Republican Senators that are responsible for giving us obamacare:
Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
John Barrasso (R-WY)
Roy Blunt (R-MO)
John Boozman (R-AR)
Richard Burr (R-NC)
Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)
Jeff Chiesa (R-NJ)
Dan Coats (R-IN)
Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Thad Cochran (R-MS)
Susan Collins (R-ME)
Bob Corker (R-TN)
John Cornyn (R-TX)
Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
John Hoeven (R-ND)
Johnny Isakson (R-GA)
Mike Johanns (R-NE)
Ron Johnson (R-WI)
Mark Kirk (R-IL)
JOHN McCAIN (R-AZ)
Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
Lisa Murkowksi (R-AK)
John Thune (R-SD)
Roger Wicker (R-MS)
At one time I lived in Alexander's district. Sorry to see him on the list. Get rid of everyone of them. Side note: a lady called in today from a local unemployment office here. She said it was very busy with "non essential" government employees signing up just in case this goes for a while. Silly me, when I was let go my first move was to look for another job.

Clearwater, FL

#169348 Oct 1, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, it's a miracle... the federal government has shut down, and we're still alive!
If only those 25 Republican 'senior' Senators had followed Ted Cruz's lead by voting against cloture, we would clearly see that it was the Democrat led Senate that shut down the government. The Senate couldn't have amended the House bill without having 60 votes in support, so Harry Reid would have had to sit on it, without bringing it to the floor for a vote.
Way to go 'senior' Republican Senators, you showed that young pup Ted Cruz his place, and screwed the American public with obamacare.
A vote for cloture was a vote for obamacare, and 25 'senior' Republican Senators sided with the Senate Democrats to allow the funding of obamacare, and a bigger, more controlling, government.
You're pointing your finger at the wrong Republicans Lyndi.
I say screw them all and the propaganda out of the media machine that just echo's' Obama never ending lies. Here is hope a third party will get legs. Some of us out here in America have had skin in the game for quite a while.

Clearwater, FL

#169349 Oct 1, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The senate republicans didn't screw the American public, bobin. The Obama voter did.... if you want to blame someone. And remember, Cruz did this on his own, without the republican senate in his corner and he knew that in advance. They never had any intention of following Cruz of the proverbial cliff. Of course, now they get dragged over it anyway by reason of association. Oh, what fun!
The House should have imo kept the government open, said we've done all we can do and let the ACA hit the wall and bomb, then it would all be on democrats. The failures, glitches, lost jobs, unforseen costs etc. etc. of the ACA would be topping the news today.... not a Tea Party forced government shutdown which drags the rest of the republican party into and that's how it's playing out. You can yell all you want that it's the democrats who forced the shutdown but that isn't how the media is going to play it, it isn't how the President is going to play it and it isn't how Reid is going to play it and THEY'RE the ones with the big microphones.
The Tea Party is under the umbrella of the GOP. The GOP is NOT under the umbrella of the Tea Party and it doesn't matter that you and some others don't like that. That's how it is and I hope the next time they decide to stand on their principles, it doesn't cost as much as I think this will.
Well that's the bs I just heard on the Cbs 6:30 newscast er propaganda. And a nice warm fuzzy letter from the dear leader that of course does just what you say, blames everyone on the right.(Doesn't it still take two to tango) I really don't care. Here its quite hard to pay the light bill. Funny that 10 years ago that wasn't the case when the news told me how bad things were. I'm out of sympathy right now. And that's a shame. Also used to support many more charities. Might be looking for one myself soon on the other end. But its all good. Life is up and down and thankful to have good health. On that note going to take a walk and watch the sunset.

Location hidden

#169350 Oct 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>My head doesn't have an answer yet, but I know where my heart is ...
Meet me in St. Louie, Louie....
;-)
If they don't win, we're both going to be disappointed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 654,416
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Dr Banonator 64,614
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Dr Banonator 106,610
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Dr Banonator 45,286
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 30 min Tony 6,082
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 46 min Brian_G 500
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 51 min tomxxl 14
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 281,954
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 973,952
More from around the web