<quoted text>
Good series of posts LIT.....
Thanks, Larry.
It's all in the wrist action.
Lost In Transition

Maysville, OK

#169239 Sep 28, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:

We'll wind up with 67% of the populace "not paying taxes" instead of 47%. Let's think about this....

Why not Big AG's arm, since the bioengineering companies are producing the majority of our produce these days...how healthy can it be to bypass years of evolution, and eat grains in the first place, much less the ones we ourselves designed to KILL things...???
I'm for a tiered flat tax, or a national sales tax with exemptions for life's basic necessities. Food, water, clothing, medical care, electrical power. And donuts. Everybody should pay to play. We can cut the doctors who try to make the system a little more accessible to the average Joe some slack without putting them on welfare.

You're preaching to the choir, here. I hold the likes of Monsanto in the same esteem as the pharma company that calculates how much profit they can make before people start dying from their latest concoction.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEASE

United States

#169240 Sep 28, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
How much easier would it be if you could have skipped the insurance, skipped the network, and dealt with a family physician that can offer cheap rates due to his lack of administrative, legal and muti-leveled government compliance costs? You know, you could have seen a PA at a CVS minute clinic for $49. No waiting.
My dentist is a native Japanese fellow. A really interesting guy, I like talking with him. He was telling me how he felt the Japanese dentists were better trained than their US counterparts, and that their equiptment was the finest on the planet. But, he adds, their social medicine system has some real drawbacks. He said that when he opened his first practice in an asian community of Los Angeles, a lot of his work consisted of repairing or totally redoing work that had been performed in Japan. He said the dentists were massively overburdened, allowed only 5 miutes or so per patient. So they do what they can do in the time allotted, and send them on their way. He said, from a physicians point of view, nothing beats our system. But he also strongly felt that the uninsured must be taken care of.
Our western Medical industry is corrupted , provide no cures nor preventive medicine and keeps many patient dependent on doctors for long term treatment and patients drug dependent on Pharmas for long term, are really for-profit Industry AS oPPOSE TO Eastern medical treatment one time cure with alternative medicine LIKE HERBS... for certain diseases, for certain diseases but keep many our American patients in the dark about alternative cure s for certian diseases that can be cured with Eastern medicine immediate cures. It's our Westerners believe in overly greed - US medical industry , Insurance and Doctors ...are in collobaration that is for- profit industries . Of course there are difference between Eastern and Western way of treatment and practices...
HipGnozizzz

Altona, IL

#169241 Sep 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
<edited for space>
Btw, his approval ratings are tanking because a sleepy America is finally waking up and you know what they're seeing? A bumbling president who is so FUBAR (to use your term,) he'll negotiate with Assad, he'll negotiate with Putin, he'll negotiate with Iran yet out of the other side of his mouth comes:
"I WON'T NEGOTIATE WITH REPUBLICANS."
Of course we know by now that we have to take Lyndi's words with a pillar of salt. If she says the sky is blue you'd do well to get a second opinion. In this case, the President said he would not negotiate with >extremist< Republicans. Big difference.

Ever since the election of 2008, when McConnell stated the primary focus of his party was to defeat Obama, ahead of all else, they have shown that they will allow, and even induce, the country to go through any sort of misery to achieve that end. The current leadership have demonstrated again and again that they are thoroughly immune to the struggles of their constituents. They have completely abdicated the role of governance toward the craven and venal goal of making government appear more dysfunctional than it already is, and to prolong the hardship and uncertainty which lingers like a full diaper on the economy since the meltdown of 2008. In so doing they have completely lost their bearings.

Nothing could put more of an exclamation point on that than the fact that they think the full faith and credit of the United States of America is nothing more than a political >bargaining chip<! That, friends, is a dangerous, and extremist, view. In desperation, they've convinced themselves it's fair game to exploit that fear, merely to advance their agenda against the ACA. If Putin came forward and said he had manufactured a virus that would shut down the US banking system, but he'd give it up if America made certain "concessions", I really don't think we'd encourage the President to negotiate with him. We wouldn't see it as a negotiating chip, but as an act of war.

Yet that is exactly what the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party is threatening. What do you call an entity that exploits fear of calamity to achieve their selfish ends? No, Mr President, you're right. We don't negotiate with terrorists.

United States

#169242 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm for a tiered flat tax, or a national sales tax with exemptions for life's basic necessities. Food, water, clothing, medical care, electrical power. And donuts. Everybody should pay to play. We can cut the doctors who try to make the system a little more accessible to the average Joe some slack without putting them on welfare.
You're preaching to the choir, here. I hold the likes of Monsanto in the same esteem as the pharma company that calculates how much profit they can make before people start dying from their latest concoction.
MOnsanto kills worldwide and American small farmers livelihood . And the GMO seeds injected with pesticide, how is healthy for masses consumption. ANd GMO feeds/Crops make Farmers organic Livestocks sterile within a generation or twomaking it dependent on Industrial Husbandry. You lacking critical reasoning skills like lyndia, Bad Bob... the right wingers Authoritarians are loony ...

Not a leftie! Mahahahhahaaa
Tell me about your specific tiered Flat tax ?
Visit website get clues

New Rochelle, NY

#169243 Sep 28, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know that? Have you ever lived in Texas? Have you even been to Texas?
I've come across plenty of Texans.
The filthiest one I've ever come across is one posting on the Islam Forum ...

The bastard keeps changing his nic in the vain hope we do not recognize him.

LOL

United States

#169244 Sep 28, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Of course we know by now that we have to take Lyndi's words with a pillar of salt. If she says the sky is blue you'd do well to get a second opinion. In this case, the President said he would not negotiate with >extremist< Republicans. Big difference.
Ever since the election of 2008, when McConnell stated the primary focus of his party was to defeat Obama, ahead of all else, they have shown that they will allow, and even induce, the country to go through any sort of misery to achieve that end. The current leadership have demonstrated again and again that they are thoroughly immune to the struggles of their constituents. They have completely abdicated the role of governance toward the craven and venal goal of making government appear more dysfunctional than it already is, and to prolong the hardship and uncertainty which lingers like a full diaper on the economy since the meltdown of 2008. In so doing they have completely lost their bearings.
Nothing could put more of an exclamation point on that than the fact that they think the full faith and credit of the United States of America is nothing more than a political >bargaining chip<! That, friends, is a dangerous, and extremist, view. In desperation, they've convinced themselves it's fair game to exploit that fear, merely to advance their agenda against the ACA. If Putin came forward and said he had manufactured a virus that would shut down the US banking system, but he'd give it up if America made certain "concessions", I really don't think we'd encourage the President to negotiate with him. We wouldn't see it as a negotiating chip, but as an act of war.
Yet that is exactly what the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party is threatening. What do you call an entity that exploits fear of calamity to achieve their selfish ends? No, Mr President, you're right. We don't negotiate with terrorists.
As to meltdown... even our US few Western allies reprimanded our criminal Ponzi Schemes , US macroeconomic global wars and sanctions... are ruining their economy.

United States

#169245 Sep 28, 2013
HipGnozizzz wrote:
<quoted text>Of course we know by now that we have to take Lyndi's words with a pillar of salt. If she says the sky is blue you'd do well to get a second opinion. In this case, the President said he would not negotiate with >extremist< Republicans. Big difference.
I see lyndi wearing a soaked filled diaper! BAHAHahahaaaa

United States

#169246 Sep 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha!
Confederate battle flag-raising scheduled Saturday south of Richmond
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/confedera...
What with you CONfederates supports and always irritable about this and whats Wrong With be acquired into the Union, its a little late let it be bygone, accepted it Union that won the war! BWHAHAHHAaaaa

United States

#169247 Sep 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a right to yer opinion same as anyone else, but I notice ya didn't refute anything Lyndi had posted. Why is that?
As for the rest, it's nothing new. The loyal opposition from either side is bound to make things difficult the best way they know how. Why should Obama or Obamacare or any other issue be different?
The 2200 page Obamacare law is likely to fail, and many want this new law to be implemented so that people will see that it never should've gone forward as it was currently written. Just another example of an inexperienced man at the helm, ramrodding it thru, so the great savior'd have a legacy. Ridiculous.
No one is doubting that HC needs to be reformed. But the right people need to be elected first, so that it CAN be reformed, and
done right, as it should've been the 1st time. That is, to take the best features from this law, get with all the knowledgeable professionals and number crunchers, and get the d@mn thing reworked for a much more reasonable price.
You missing ingredient the Lobbyist --- Ah HAH! ABHAHAHAHAHAHaa
Cali knows how to party

United States

#169248 Sep 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem for you is that we own you.
Sit.
Stay.
Man, not only are you a sexiest pig, you are crazy.

United States

#169249 Sep 28, 2013
Visit website get clues wrote:
https://sites.google.com/site/ 911whatyoumighthavemissed/home
Texans are notorious fanatic xenophobes.
Bush!

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#169250 Sep 28, 2013
Visit website get clues wrote:
<quoted text>
I've come across plenty of Texans.
The filthiest one I've ever come across is one posting on the Islam Forum ...
The bastard keeps changing his nic in the vain hope we do not recognize him.
LOL
With 60% of the Texas population being in what are considered minority groups... I don't see how you can say Texans are 'notorious fanatic xenophobes'.

Perhaps where you like to hang out, and have drawn your sampling from, is a little small, and biased. It actually seems that you've based your opinion of 26 million Texans on the behavior of one person.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#169251 Sep 28, 2013
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
With 60% of the Texas population being in what are considered minority groups... I don't see how you can say Texans are 'notorious fanatic xenophobes'.
Perhaps where you like to hang out, and have drawn your sampling from, is a little small, and biased. It actually seems that you've based your opinion of 26 million Texans on the behavior of one person.
Texas is awesome. I'll what happened in Towson, Md, wouldn't happen in Texas.

‘Is This America?’: Parent ‘Manhandled’, Arrested While Speaking Out Against Common Core at Public Forum

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/20/is...

Clearwater and Honolulu

#169252 Sep 28, 2013
Hacked Data Brokers Could Spell Trouble for Obamacare

A service that sells personal data to identity thieves has been getting its wares from hacked data brokers storing information similar to what Obamacare marketplaces plan to use, setting the scene for fraudsters to collect government subsidies.

According to a new investigative report by cybersecurity researcher Brian Krebs, the service, known as SSNDOB, hacked LexisNexis and other large data aggregators that supply ID check information.

Lenders, health insurers, and other organizations that need to confirm who they are dealing with use this information for knowledge-based authentication -- screening that quizzes a user about information only the valid user is likely to know, such as a former home address or parent’s middle name.Lenders, health insurers, and other organizations that need to confirm who they are dealing with use this information for knowledge-based authentication -- screening that quizzes a user about information only the valid user is likely to know, such as a former home address or parent’s middle name.

http://www.nextgov.com/health/2013/09/hacked-...

Clearwater and Honolulu

#169253 Sep 28, 2013
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan

United States

#169254 Sep 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan
Ronald also messed with our civil liberties and war on the Americans and world with wars! U our right winger support are ignorant ones. And no not a leftie! ABHAHAHAAHaa AH HUH! Don't you senior idiots few ignorant. HEHEHEHEHEHE! Shame on You older generation before 60s!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#169255 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
"Dan, you pompous ass!"
I see health care, in general, and the uninsured as two seperate problems. One is structural, the other societal. They'll have their tangents, but should be addressed initially on two distinct planes for the most part. This was not done with the ACA. Honestly, I can't figure out exactly what the "architects" were thinking that threw this mess together. It doesn't contain costs, it doesn't guarantee medical attention for the poor, and it doesn't prevent the very real threat of illness induced bankruptcy and/or poverty. What it does do is grow the insurance industry, the managed care industry, the pharmaceutical industry, and last but not least the government. Yikes! A failure on every level. The present medical structure needs to be dismantled completeley. And de-centralized. There should be no monetary incentive, particularly from the government, for becoming a behemoth where medical treatment is involved. It's immoral. Just the opposite should be our goal. Provide incentives for the one-room family doctor, the local clinic, the independant practice. Not in monetary payments, but in tax breaks. These people are public servants, cut them a little slack. Or a lot, they deserve it. If the government feels they MUST get involved, they can use their weight to twist big-pharma's arm. Break it if they want, those guys bug me. Get the lawyers off the doctor's back. Send disputes to arbitration, no blood suckers allowed. If there was some way to devise a one-payer system that the government had minimal involvement in, and I'm talking teeny-weenie here, I'd consider it. But I think this would be much better handled on the state and local level. The government just isn't qualified for this type thing. That's apparent.

Every dollar the government inserts distorts normal market forces, and not to the benefit of the individual. I think the massive monetary infusions over the last 10 years that have led to nothing more than the largest gap between rich and poor in history, and the ongoing decimation of the middle class, speak to the effects.
If the government gives Joe a dollar to offset his costs, the insurance company immediately raises Joe's costs by 50 cents because Joe can now afford it, the HMO by another quarter for the same reason, and Joe's company, not about to get run off of that pig trough or lose a dime, lays 35 cents of Joe's insurance costs back on him. In the end, that government dollar just cost Joe $1.10. But Joe ain't done paying for that dollar. No, not yet. He still has to deal, in the long run, with a government deficit that just increased by a dollar due to all that government "help". Heck, we'll just adjust the CPI on Joe's Social Security to get that dollar back, old geezer doesn't need it anyway. Or we'll charge some kid a "penalty", which he can't afford, to cover it. There's no way, in that system, Joe wins. Or even breaks neutral. And, being the cynic I am, that's fine with all involved. Except Joe. And that broke kid.

Sorry about cutting your post, I really outdid myself. I know I barely scratched the surface and didn't address the unemployed at all, but my hunt and peck finger hurts.
Excellent post, Larry :) Your hunt & peck finger may have paid the price, but it was worth the pain ;)

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#169256 Sep 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Someone needs to get the POTUS a white plastic pocket protector and a little nametag.
BARRY OBAMA
Health Insurance Agent
Branch: Washington DC
If the leader of the free world is going moonlight as insurance salesman he really should have the complete ensemble.
==
Seriously, this is embarrassing and I don't care who you are. That THING is going into effect in 4 days and the guy is still peddling it.
And I don't have a clue how it's going to affect my husband and myself. He is now getting care through the VA, and thoroughly appreciating it (in fact, today's mail brought him a badly-needed, brand-new pair of bifocals which he already loves!), and that's a help. But neither of us is working, so I have no idea what the next few months will bring, especially for ME.

Listen, Lyndi, do give Barry that plastic pocket protector, okay? Just make sure it has a hole in the bottom.
crazy bush

Hodgenville, KY

#169257 Sep 28, 2013
mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I support our president also. It has to be awfully lonely sitting in the Oval office serving his elected duties during this time in american history. His time in office has not been appreciated by many and that has to make it even tougher. Many things he had no control over happened during his term in office.
History will be kind to him I am sure.
are you crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 100,008
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 839,134
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Tango Bravo 590,359
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min onemale 271,352
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr Wordsworth 5,907
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr BenAdam 461
Flight Monarch 1, runway 2 RIGHT CLEAR 4 TAKEO... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 4,470
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Just Wondering 612,194
More from around the web